What the..?!?! (Random medieval fantasy)Oh. Hi. You ever jousted a'fore?

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14 Bookmark Thread
ferretflitz

10:44pm Apr 24 2010

Normal User

"No, you aren't!" Dravius said exasperatedly. "You can still see your breasts. If that's a breast band in the future, it must be a sad and dirty place." He approached her. "And we have to cut your hair. You look like some proper little housewife, and if they jousting patrons find out you're a girl, it's over. As in, swinging three feet off the ground over."

"Never bring that horrid drink here again."

"It tastes of blue, not the river-dwelling reptile, as I had thought."

Epona

3:28pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

"If I have a length of cloth I can wrap them. If it were up to me I'd burn em off." She winced and grabbed her long hair and brought it to the front. "I've grown it since I was little. Only tie I've got to my mama." She blinked and stroked it absently, looking at Dravius. "I can braid it, tie it up.  tuck it under my shirt, whatever, but I wont cut it. "She thrust her chin out stubbornly.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

4:14pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

Dravius sighed heavily and set down the knife. "FIne, fine, don't get all defensive, Joan. I'm just rying to NOT get us killed." He sighed and added, "WHat's yoiur arm strength like?" He walked over to the horse and patted it's neck, looking into it's deep brown eyes. "Nice horse, really. Oh!" He exclaimed, after a moment of thought. "You'll need a name of course, Joan."

Epona

4:19pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

Joan let out a breath and smiled gratefully, tossing her hair back. She shrugged. "Arm strengths good, I guess. Stronger than most girls, rival a couple'a boys." She walked up and circled to the other side of the stallion, running her fingers through his mane, removing knots and tangles. "A name. Always a name. Hmm. Roisin? It's horse in norsk." She chuckled and sighed thoughtfully. "I dunna. Never been good at names. I named my dog Furbur once upon a time."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

6:22pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

Dravius laughed a bit and rubbed the horse's white whorl inhis otherwise midnight face. "That's a good name. But, I meant for you. Sir Joan, unfortunatly, isn't gonna work." He grinned and looked over at Joan, and one could almost see the wheels turning in his head. "And arm strength is good. If we had more time, I'd have you sit on Roisin with the lance straight out for a day to strengthen 'em more, but 'Stronger than most girls' is good too."

Epona

11:37pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

Joan blinked. "You called me Sir Lyon, earlier," She stated, flushing at her ignorance. "Or Leon. However you wanna spell it." After a moments thought, she added "An' ya need core strength, too," She patted her stomach "'Nother thing I've got plen'y of."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:12am Apr 26 2010

Normal User

Dravius gave a sharp-toothed grin and said to Joan, "Sir Lyon is excellent." He grabbed the horses reins and untied the beast, holding them out to Joan, or "Lyon" as she was now called. "Let's do a practice run." He said, dissapearing behind the small house. Hidden perpindicular to the house was a large pole, with worn dirt on either side in a large loop. Tied to the back of the house was a black and white paint horse, covered in a black and yellow checked sheet. "You ready?" He called, grabbing the other horses reins.

Epona

7:27pm Apr 26 2010

Normal User

Joan half lowered her eyelids and almost glared at Dravius, but kept herself from doing so. "Practice it is," She sighed, swinging up into the saddle of the newly named Roisin, straightinging up after her feet were situated. Then she nudged him forward slowly with her knees, wondering what was to be inflicted on her now.

Resident mounted archer
Epona

8:25pm Apr 27 2010

Normal User

((Hmmhmm. Meh. We need more people. Seriously.))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:01pm Apr 27 2010

Normal User

((Sorreh, Tode, teh Fer ish bread dead! -Squeals-))

casanev

9:07pm Apr 27 2010

Normal User

ooc; am lurking.... if you need more people, would love to join, have gotten the jist of it.

I have the madness of the sun, but you know that already, don't you? Call me Cas, not Casa or Casanev. Thanks!
Epona

10:10pm Apr 27 2010

Normal User

((Fer, only I can be dead XD
Filler Art.

Yus! Cas, joinage from you naow!! I ish be one bored leprechaun here! D:))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

4:04pm Apr 28 2010

Normal User

"Okay. I need you go to the...uh....your left, side of the pole." Dravius said, trotting his horse over ot the opposite side and pulling the female horse over whilst she tossed her head. "This is Fenrir." Dravis added, placing ahelmey over his head and producing a yellow and black lance and shield, he said, "When I give the word, I want you to go forewards, staying as close to the pole as you can., and strike either the center of my torso or my sheld, alright?"

casanev

4:45pm Apr 28 2010

Normal User

ooc; wait, I don't know what, or whot o be though....

I have the madness of the sun, but you know that already, don't you? Call me Cas, not Casa or Casanev. Thanks!
ferretflitz

10:16pm Apr 28 2010

Normal User

((Make a bio and crash in! That's what I do!))

Epona

11:08pm Apr 28 2010

Normal User

((Your bio could be a deive intro, too. You can be anything but Suckers and Weres (Elves are awesome) and female knights. Joan is the only person from modern times))

Her mouth set, Joan nodded as she maneuvered Roisin to start. She held the lance (Which seems to have magically appeared) in her right hand, upright until she motioned the black stallion into a gallop. As she neared Dravius, she lowered it and leaned forward, by some instinct, in the high backed tilting saddle. She braced herself for impact and thrust as she hit the boys shield, her arm going numb with the impact. Roisin slowed and came to a near halt, prancing and tossing his head. Joan turned and looked back.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

10:27pm Apr 29 2010

Normal User

Dravius smiled slightly as Joan struck his shield, dead center. "Good!" He called, reiginging the horse around, and it snorted and screamed, glaring angrily at Roisin. She snorted and pawed the ground, tossing her checkered head. "How's your arm? If it's alright, we'll try it a few more times." He sighed, tinnily through the helmet and flicked the visor up.

Epona

11:21pm Apr 29 2010

Normal User

Joan beamed as she turned Roisin around, patting his black velvet neck. She rolled her shoulder and grimaced. "Numb through an' through, but nothin' too bad." She blew hair from her sweaty face, thankful not to be wearing armour.

((We just got back from the Elementary schools play. They had play jousting that was "Ohmigosh so cute". Then I stole my brothers cape and now I am king.))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

6:59pm Apr 30 2010

Normal User

((Haha! My little sister is more of a pain than a pleasure.))

Dravius cracked a smile and said, "Fenrir seems happy to be jousting again, don'tcha girl?" The mare tossed her head as if in agreement. "On this p*censored*, I don't want you to lock your elbows. And you can't thrudt forewards when you strike. Let the horse do the work for you. Roisin's more than up for the task."

Epona

9:23pm Apr 30 2010

Normal User

"Okay," Joan nodded and tossed the lance up a bit, finding a better position. She rolled her shoulders one last time before letting Roisin go. The horse thundered forward and she did the same as the last p*censored*, this time following Dravius' instructions to let Roisin do the work. She hit the boys shield and a small bit of the tip of her lance broke off. It grazed Joans right cheek.

Resident mounted archer
Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14