What the..?!?! (Random medieval fantasy)Oh. Hi. You ever jousted a'fore?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14 Bookmark Thread
Epona

8:15pm Mar 11 2010

Normal User

((Bump??))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:22pm Mar 11 2010

Normal User

Dravius gave her a thumbs up and peered around. Spotting a burly stable hand walking towards him, he hopped over the fence and screamed, "She's trying to take the horse! Get her!" The stablehand jumped andgazed at Joan, he jogged over to her, and started yelling, "Get over here!" Dravius gestured madly for Joan to run away, while loading his arms with a dark purple sheet emblazened with a green dragon writhing around it. While the helper proaced Joan, Dravius threw a shield over his shoulder and hopped on a regal looking black stallion. With a kick, he was off. Sweeping pat the stable hand, he smacked him, hard on the back of his head and jumped the fence, the horses hooves kicking up peices of dirt behind him. "Come on!" He yelled back.

"Never bring that horrid drink here again."

"It tastes of blue, not the river-dwelling reptile, as I had thought."

Epona

10:58pm Mar 11 2010

Normal User

Joan stared for a while. Um...obviously Im not trying to steal the horse. That would require my to be with the horse.... She thought as she ran in a way which most would have thought funny, due to the armour she wore. Scrambling awkwardly up and over the fence, cursing the lack of strength and speed the mare could have given her. Like I would have been able to mount up anyway.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:45am Mar 12 2010

Normal User

Dravius skidded to a stop outside of the abondoned house, horse prancing nervously in the gr*censored*. He looked around for Joan while throwing the sheet over the horse. He pulled a bridle over the horse's nose, and ppatted it on the side of the head, producing a purple and green lance from his cloak.

Epona

9:47pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

Joan clanked up, not at all as gracefully as she would have liked, and came to a stop infront of Dravius, doing her best to glare at him from between the slits on the helms visor. She finally lifted it and crossed her arms, damp hair clinging to her forehead.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:51pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

"Are we a little upset?" Dravius laughed, tossing the lance at Joan. "We got the horse, didn't we?" His eyes sparkled good-natudley, and he brought the horse over to Joan. It snorted, ruffling her damp hair. "The big contest is in a few days. We're gonna have to train you up, huh?"

Epona

9:56pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

Snorting, Joan caught the lance, adjusting her hand and stance to support the overgrown stick. Despite herself, the horses muzzle on her head stired up a small smile and she shrugged with a sigh. "I guess. Tell me again why we're risking our necks for this?"

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:59pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

"Money. Duh." Dravius looked skeptically at Joan, raising an eyebrow. "Why else?" His black hair blew in the breeze, and he hopped up on the horse, leading it away from Joan. "Now, try and knock me off." He stated, standing on the horses back.

Epona

10:02pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

"I know it's for money...but it costs money to participate...an you gotta be a knight-With this? Hit you with this?" Joan brandished the lance back and forth over her head while looking at the boy. "Really? I could just hit'cha behind the knees...which could be dangerous if the boy spooks...boy here meaning the horse."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

12:13am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

"Well, you are a knight, Sir Leon." Dravius said, and then stood on his hands on top of the horse. Well then, if you want to make it hard to knock me off the horse, I'll do this! And you really think a horse bred for jousting would spook that easily?" Dravius stuck his tounge out at Joan and stood on one hand. "And it don't cost money to participate if you knock out a competitor and take his place, will it?"

Epona

12:27am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

Joan snickered. "True that. A horse proper trained....It takes money to compete....and, as far as I know, I aint no child of noble birth." She held the lance parallel with the ground, balencing and looking along it's line with her dreamy brown eyes. It was light, compared to the other things she wore or had dealt with before, yet still awkward, given it's length. Her head tilted to the side and she peered up at 'Dravius the Vaulter'. "Maybe I should get used to the feel of it, first. It wont do me no good if I learn to tilt a person from his saddle from the ground."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

12:42am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

"Why, don't think you can do it?" Dravuis said mockingly, clicking to the horse. It trotted forewards, snorting at Joan. Dravius twisted on the horse, and his foot connected witht he side of Joan's head. He kept his balance on the horse, swiveling his hands as he swept his feet across Joan.

Epona

9:21am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

Joan glared up at Dravius, a small snarl mrging. "I never said I didnt think I could do it. I just said there might be better ways of training me." She slapped his feet away and swung the lance as one might and over-long sword.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

1:34pm Mar 13 2010

Normal User

Dravius grinned and bent his arms, tucking his legs in and avoiding Joan's ametuer lance swing. "It aint a sword, Joan! It's a lance. You jab, not slash. You slash, you leave yourself open, you loose." He lashed out an arm and cracked her on the sideof the head, hard.

Epona

5:00pm Mar 13 2010

Normal User

Joan stared at Dravius, cold fury flaring up in her eyes and she lifted her lip in a snarl. After several moments, she calmed. "I know that," She hissed. "And if you hit me again you'll see just how 'jabbing' I can be."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

4:55pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

Dravius frowned and hopped off the horse, lookign dissapprovingly at Joan. "Well, you just failed the first test, Joan." He crossed his arms and growled ar Joan. The horse snorted, and seemed to look down it's nose at Joan. It snorted and turned its back to Joan, tail flicking.

Epona

11:48pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

Joan scoffed. "Gettin kicked in the head for speaking my mind, saying my thoughts out loud? That was a test? I got enough of that at my foster parents house, min takk, and if thats how its gunna be, you can find some other, mindless waif to do your work for you!" She removed the helmet and shoved it into Dravius' arms before turning and walking away, discarding peices of armor as she walked, mumbling inaudibly.

Resident mounted archer
Epona

10:45pm Mar 15 2010

Normal User

((Hey-zo?))

Resident mounted archer
Epona

8:19pm Mar 16 2010

Normal User

((Bump?))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:14pm Mar 16 2010

Normal User

((Sorry!!))

Dravius sighed and caught the helmet. "Remember, Joan, this isn't America. You want to end up as the king's mistriss, then keep losing your temper, 'cause if you get that angry off a horse, when a knight opposite you in a contest starts mocking you, you won't stand a chance. Please Joan, I'm not trying to be mean."

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14