They say you're nothing but a Beast... {Private} ...Are they wrong?

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15 Bookmark Thread
Nouveau

5:50pm Jul 19 2011

Normal User

Ooc// I can't reply right now.  I'm close to braindeadness, but when I have my creativity restored, I shall.  <3 Still loving Andrew.

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
CH

5:53pm Jul 19 2011

Normal User

[[ LOL!
alrightayyyyy. Take you timmee<3]]

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
Nouveau

1:22pm Jul 20 2011

Normal User

Ooc// I hate it when I have to go to the other page and look at it before replying.  xD;  I generally use it as a reference.  >_>  Post coming in a second~

Nouveau

1:34pm Jul 20 2011

Normal User

Sage had to swallow her denial at his first words.  Maybe he didn't look nice, per se, and she didn't want to explain her reasoning.  She felt her cheeks redden in embarrassment as he called her on it.
But at his last words, she couldn't help but frown.  Something did seemed troubled in those big brown (Lol, brain failure.  He has brown eyes, right?) eyes...could she have imagined it?  Not wanting to push the topic--or her captor's patience--she returned to eating her food in polite silence.
As she finished, Sage glanced up again at the Beast.  Yes, something did seem to be wrong.  Part of her wanted to comfort him, to tell him that being here wasn't that bad--she added the "that" part because no matter how much she tried to push them out of her mind, she did miss her family.  A lot.  But the words wouldn't spring to her lips, eloquently comforting him in the way that he seemed to do easily.
His peculiar address to her--"Dear Sage"--sent a volley of tiny pinpricks up her back.  There was something caring about the tone with which he used it--and perhaps something akin to hope.  Hope for what, she couldn't tell.  She considered for a moment what it would be like to call him "Dear Beast", or even "Dear Andrew," but the thoughts stopped there.  The words just sounded foreign, forced even in her mind.  She couldn't bring herself to call him that.  Not yet, at least.
Feeling acutely uncomfortable, Sage slid her chair out and stood up.  Her gaze swept the massive dining hall, and settled on the wall that ran along the gardens.  She walked over to one of the large windows and peered out.
"Your gardens are lovely," she said softly, though the sincerity wasn't forced.  "Does one have to maintain them by hand...or does the castle do it?"  The words would have sounded strange in any other context, and she hoped that he understood her.
Perhaps exploring the gardens would be what she did today. 

CH

8:34pm Jul 22 2011

Normal User

[[ I finally got myself to reply to this. xD Sorreh D:
And, yess he has brown eyes, bahaha xD]]

The rest of breakfast between Sage and I was utterly silent. The kind of silent, that was so silent, that you didn't realize it was silent, because you were to busy thinking about the person you were being silent with. [[ BAHAHA xD ]]
And, all I could think about was Sage. The way she blushed at my first comment, which portrayed that she either agreed with me, or was embarressed. The way she frowned, which seemed for no reason at all. The way she quickly became silent as if I would rip her to shreads if she said one thing wrong. Even her sweet aroma, which I could even smell from the distance we had, made my thoughts grow wilder.
But, every thought seemed to meander back to the letter. Will she even notice how the letter disappeared out of her room, when she went back in? Did the letter ruin any hope I had of changing back? Or, having her love?
But, why would I think about love right now, if I didn't think I loved her yet? I knew I would. I could feel it, if feeling it was possible.
Before any more thoughts could make my headache worsen, I heard her chair smoothly slide out, and her delicate footsteps lead to the window where my garden lay on the opposite side. I worked hard on that garden, though I knew very well that the magic of the castle could do it all on its own. It was one of the only things that made me feel significant.
"Actually, yes and no." I replied, still trying to have my voice not sound like such a monster. I slid out of my own chair and walked to her side, though keeping distance. I didn't want to frighten her, nor make my head dizzy with the sweet smell that came off her like it was natural. "The magic in this castle is able to plant, but I guess when I'm bored, I find that gardening is... Fun, to do." I didn't want to admit that part of how it makes me feel at least a little bit important in this world. I didn't want to get too personal, seeing as when I tried, I found the result a rejection.

Nouveau

11:36pm Jul 22 2011

Normal User

Sage turned towards the Beast, her attention snared on the last statement.  "Oh, really?" she asked, genuinely interested.  "I used to tend to our vegetable garden back home, but..."  She sighed, snatching a glance out the window again.  "Nothing like this.  It's breathtaking."
It puzzled her, how the castle could tend to itself without supervision, and yet how the Beast gardened despite that.  Perhaps, buried under whatever had happened to him, whatever had transformed his into a beast in the first place--maybe, beneath all that, there was something that still appreciated beauty.
Maybe, somewhere deep within, he still had an all too human heart.
Sage knew a thing or two about the mortality of such hearts.  They fell so easily, got their hopes snagged high above what they should expect.  And then reality always came crashing down afterwards.  She had experienced it when she was thirteen, and smitten with a boy named Robert.  She had followed him around like a moonstruck calf at the many social events they were both invited to, nearly fainting at the possibility that maybe he had liked her, too.  But then, one day, she caught him with Lillian Anderson in town.  She had thought her heart would never stop aching.
And then, she had experienced the near-fatal effects of loving someone when the Beast had summoned her here.  To take her away from her home, her family, her future--well, she was still recovering.
To think that the Beast might have something akin to a heart underneath everything was a comforting thought.  Maybe something couldn't be entirely evil.
Sage found her gaze resting on him as she broke out of her reverie.  How long had she been staring like that?  Blushing, she turned away from him to hide her embarassment.  She walked over to the nearest door, resting a hand on its knob.
"Could we maybe go take a look?"

CH

12:20pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[This thread was almost on the second page... *Gasp* ]]

Her compliment about my garden made my heart skip. It was probably just the feeling you got, when someone complimented your work. But, I guessed it was because Sage was the one enjoying it. Those words, though they were only a few, meant more to me then anything else she has said.
"Thanks, I work very hard on them." I said with a small nod, again, trying to have my voice sound a little human.
For a long moment, again, everything went silent. I could see her eyes gazing in my direction as I stared out the window, and I found myself swallow nervously. I was too nervous to look back at her, for I was afraid I'd find a disgusted ex
pression on her face.
Before I found the courage to look back, she was gone from where she was standing, and I turned to watch her walk to the door. Was it normal to find it attractive the way a girl walked?
I wouldn't say she walked. It was more of a graceful soaring an inch above the floor. I tried guessed it was the way the dress flowed around her ankles that made that impression, but I knew deep down, it was her. Slowly, again so that I didn't frighten her, I walked towards her.
"I wouldn't mind that at all."
I would have opened the door for Sage, to show her the respect I had for such a women, but her hand was on the door knob. I mentally shuddered at the thought of having my hideous paw touch her delicate smooth hand.

Nouveau

2:33pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Okay I'm officially marrying Andrew instead of Sage kthnx.  <333  I'll reply in a second--I'm transferring to my laptop after I scan an image for my mom.  .___.

CH

2:38pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[[Awh really?! HAHAHHAHAHA <3
And, its fine, take your time ...OH YEAH, I can rhyme :O ]]

Nouveau

3:37pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// OMG your the next poet laureate...or however it's spelled... xD;
/steals Andrew.  Kbainow.
Bic//
Sage tentatively looked back at the Beast.  There was a lonely air, it seemed, between them and the careful distance he maintained.  Part of her was glad--but another part of her wanted to tell him that she didn't mind, that he needn't be so uncomfortable in his own home around her...
She pulled open the door quickly, thinking that the fresh air would clear away her worries.
And as the sunlight streamed in and a gentle breeze carried the smell of sweet flowers to her, it did much, much more.
A wide smile broke out on her face, and Sage forgot her manners and vow of politeness for a moment.  She rushed--rather ungracefully, seeing as she nearly tripped over the low hem of dress several times--out onto a thin patio that ran the lenth of the castle's side.  Gardens of every imaginable sort stretched out before her.  Tall hedges, low hedges, rows of fine soil.  Lillies, Forget-me-nots, and roses.  Her eyes seemed to wanted to avert themselves from the latter ones, and yet they were inexporably drawn to them.  They were what had brought her here.  Perhaps that very bush, not three yards from where she stood, was what had started it all.
The thought drew her happiness down several degrees, returning her common sense, which in turn shifted to embarassment.  Blushing, she surveyed the landscape with a calmer air.  She couldn't wait to see it all--the different paths wound away like a maze.  She turned back to the Beast, taking a step closer to him despite the distance he seemed so keen on maintaining between them.
"A tour by the expert is in order, I believe," she said, shocked at her own boldness.  But she didn't regret the words--they were filled with honesty.  She wanted to see this magical place--and why not be shown by the one who knew it best?

CH

3:51pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[[LOL I don't even know what a poet laureate is, but I feel like its a compliment so thank youu! <33
NUUUUUUU! Sage needs him!
Sooo I was thinking there should be one of those paths, like one that would be at those big pretty parks? That like go through little tiny woods things and stuff? And like a fountain.... <3
Other then that, what else would there be in a magical place? :O lolllll ]]

Nouveau

3:58pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Totally.
Um, a poet laureate (I think I spelled it right!) is an uber-tastic very good poet who's earned the ti
tle, which is a huge honor.   I can't remember what they do (Summer's drained my brain, lol), but the only reason I know who they are is because my creative writing teacher continually brought it up during our poetry section.  e-e 

CH

4:07pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[ Was the 'totally'for what I already said for what he could show her? ^^ Because I asked you if you knew what other things would be there DDDDDDDDDD:
Your making me feel like such a nag, lola. Thanks alot. D:
And, whoa o_o No one really ever called me something like that, so.... THANKS <33334234234

Nouveau

4:14pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Yes.  xD  Sorry, I forgot to add that (To your first question. :P)
OMGYOURENOTANAG.  D<  How dare you say that.
...And I just bit my tongue.  D:
KUPOSTNAO.  .___. 

CH

4:38pm Jul 23 2011 (last edited on 5:10pm Jul 23 2011)

Normal User

[[I just thought I'd let you know, I'm laughing right now. Your like the only one who can make me laugh through the computer. <33333
Is your tongue bleeding? I hate after I bite my tongue, I literally feel some blood around. It makes me sick D:
FINE I WILL.  ]]

As I followed her out to the gardens, I chuckled softly as she ran around like a little girl, excited about nothing imparticular. But, in this case, I guessed she was excited about getting out of this tower. Getting out in the open.
It made me think she probably missed her home. Her family, friends...
Did she have a lover I took her away from as well?
I found myself lost in that last thought, as I watched her prance around, I could feel my face going down to a frown. Again, she looked almost angelic. The dress flowed in such a way, I could have sworn she flew in the air a couple times.
How foolish I am! Taking her here, thinking she could break the spell...With a lover on the other side of the immense gate that blocked every one inside from the outside world.
I knew now, without a shadow of a doubt, that she had a lover in her head. They probably pranced together like elementary schoolers before I took her away, and she was probably reminiscing about it at that moment while looking at the flowers. He probably gave her tons of pretty flowers, with a pretty smooth human boy face to match. No thought of me was in her head, probably other then 'The Beast that took me away from my lover'.
I found myself walking slowly, sadly, lost in thought as as she kept going around. My eyes on her - always on the beautiful Sage. When she came to a halt, I tried to brace myself for her coming back to reality. Here. In this tower. Hating me for taking her away from the love she had embraced.
But, she didn't say a word about it. There was no trace of hate in her eyes.
"You...You want me...To..." I stuttered, at a complete loss. Looking at Sage, I still was sure that any man would be happy to take her hand. I would court with her without hesitation, and I knew any man would react the same. And yet, she's here, asking the Beast to show her around. Calling me the expert. A jolt of electrifying joy came over me, though I knew deep in my heart that there was always going to be a wall, keeping me away from her. I've never had a stronger desire before in my life. Funny how the stronger the desire, the harder it is to satisfy it.
"I'd love to." I said, embarressed that I had stuttered. Sage deserved anything but a stuttering man.
Of course, beneath the Beast I was a man.
"Follow me." I said, taking a deep sigh to control my heart. It has never raced this fast before as I led her down a stoned path. Flowers blooming on either side. "This one is my favorite." I said, more to myself, as I walked over and picked out a blue flower. These have always been my favorites, ever since I started gardening. "Here." I said, as I hesitated, but then gently put the flower behind her ear. I made sure not to have my paw brush her cheek, but I hoped that wasn't noticable.
I touched her hair though. That endearing hair that made me dizzy when it flew around her picturesque face in just the perfect way. I swallowed and kept walking. Tempted to tell her how beautiful her eyes popped with the color of the flower next to them.

CH

4:40pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[[What color looks good with 'Pale Green Eyes'.
I'm on google, trying to find a flower, and I think I found one. <333
Would blue make green eyes POP as I said up thereee^^ Bahaha xD ]]

Nouveau

5:04pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Lol you make me giggle too.  <333
I don't think it bled at all.  I was chewing um, and then I was like "Ow.  D:"
I don't know what goes well with green eyes.  My green-eyed friend looks really good in greens, blues, and browns, so blue sounds great.  ^^
...I love the way you write from Andrew's point of view.  Seriously. /waits for name of the flower.

CH

5:07pm Jul 23 2011 (last edited on 5:11pm Jul 23 2011)

Normal User

[[ Awh :D Your making me feel all warm and fuzzy...
Like I swallowed a hamster :O

^^ Those are the flowers xDDD <3343242352352 ]]

Nouveau

5:37pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

Ooc// O_O  /has no comment.

And those flowers are so preeeetty!  :D

Bic//
Sage felt a slight shiver run down her back as his paw placed the flower in her hair.  It wasn't of revulsion--no, the sensation was somehow...pleasant.
"Thank you," she said, her voice barely more than a whisper.  It was a struggle to get the words out at all.
She felt her hand reach up touch the flower, and in the process, it touched the Beast's paw as well.  She felt her hand withdraw a bit, out of instinct more than an actual desire to move away from him.  She swallowed tightly, and hurried to catch up with him.  His long strides kept her moving quickly, and before long, her breathing was shortening.
"One moment, please," she said, slowing to her normal pace and then stopping to look at a patch of lilies (Link'd to a pretty pic.  :D).  Their pink hues glowed brightly in the morning sunlight.  "So beautiful..." she sighed.  If only her father could have seen these.
He had loved nature almost as much as Sage had.  The thought of him exploring these gardens made her heart contract with homesickness.  A faint smile traced her lips as she thought of how her sisters would traipse through, though, noses wrinkled at how much dirt was everywhere, but still "oohing" and "ahhing" in amazement at the floral arrangements scattered throughout the paths.
She bent down to smeel their frangrance, and then straightened again, hoping that her homesickness didn't show on her face.  She was glad to see these, she really was.
If only the price wasn't so high.

CH

5:57pm Jul 23 2011

Normal User

[[Heh...Family joke...
OMG were the best pretty flower pickers EVER
Your my knew Flower Picker Friend.
FPF...BAHAHA xD ]]

My heart felt like a dam, crashing open in waves of sorrow inside, all my emotions pouring out.
I felt it. I felt her fragile, frail hand meet my grotesque paw. I felt the hesitation. My head grew dizzy as my heart kept stinging with pain.
I guess the saying really was true.
Love hurts.
Swallowing nervously, I kept going. Not realizing that her beautiful petite legs couldn't catch up easily. Soon I could hear her breathing heavy. The sound was intoxicating in my ears.
"Sure. I'm sorry." I said, as I slowed my feet, but my heart went faster as I studied her.
She seemed to like those lillies. I smirked as an image meadered into my brain. One of me, as Prince Andrew, knocking on her bed room door, and giving her a whole bouquet of those flowers. Confessing my infinate love to her.
But, then I turned into a monstrous Beast. She screamed terribly and threw the flowers in my face. Telling me she could never love such a monster...
My mind went back to focus, as my heart hurt once again knowing that, that was possible to happen, and I averted my eyes to the flowers. I had to stop looking at her in such a way. I didn't want her to know how I felt. She would just laugh. And say words that will follow me forever in pain.
I looked back up at her face, and saw her ex
pression. What good was it, her being here, if it wasnt making her happy?
I pushed the thought aside. I haven't been with a human in ages, and I'm about to give that up because she wasn't happy?
Maybe it was because I knew I couldn't force her love. Just like I couldn't force happiness.
I knew I would never be able to confess my love, but I picked some of the lillies that she seemed to like, and played out what I imagined in my head. Though, I hoped the flowers won't end up be thrown back at me.
"Take some." I said, putting a fake smile on my face as I gave them to her. Again, making sure she didn't touch my paw. "I won't mind making some more later on."

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15