They say you're nothing but a Beast... {Private} ...Are they wrong?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 Bookmark Thread
Nouveau

11:09pm Jun 9 2011

Normal User

|Private between CH and Lola|
{No posting please if you lurk}

So.  This post will be just a summary of everything we've planned.

Characters
Andy-
Immortal, looks 18
[No deion/picture]
~Beast~

Sage-
Dark blonde/very light brown mid back-length hair, pale green eye.  5' 4".
~Beauty~

Setting
An enchanted castle in a fantasy realm.  Time is unknown, but technology is in the medieval/Rennassiance era.  Wagons/animal drawn transportation--carriages are "fashionable."  Wood-stove heating, candles, etc.
The castle is large in itself, and is set on a vast amount of land--complete with hunting grounds, numerous gardens, pastures and a meadow, and ground ammenities such as stables, an archery course, etc.  Not much of this is used, though, but the castle's enchantment keeps everything in good repair.
As for the castle itself--well, it's large.  And its many rooms are for our characters to explore.

Hm...  I don't think there's anything more!  We should start using Ooc in our posts, probably.  Tell me if you think the setting is too perfect...?
I'll post my introduction when I can--gotta log off for dinner~

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
Nouveau

11:37pm Jun 10 2011

Normal User

Sage wiped a stray year that rolled down her cheek.  She slid a hand through her thick, dusty gold hair, and urged her horse forward.  As the horse walked through the gates reluctantly, Sage couldn't help but stare at the castle before her.
The immense stone walls rose up for what seemed forever, the spindly pricks of spires piercing the sky.  But what truly took her breath away was how big it was.  The castle seemed like a maze, going on and on, twisting back on itself in impossible ways .  She swallowed, hardly noticing that her horse had stopped again, no longer chided by her constant urges to keep moving forward.
She was supposed to live here?
Unable to take in its impossible granduer for a moment longer, Sage turned her head away from the sight.  Behind her, a pale cobbled lane stretched behind her for a long distance.  Everything about this realm was large.  She had been on the road for most of the afternoon, after entering through ornate gates set into the wall that surrounded these forbidden lands.  She had gone through meadows, a forest, and finally to another wall, which led her into a wider marble avenue that lead to the castle.  Gardens flourished on each side, as primly cut as fresh bouquets.
Sage had to hold back tears, suddenly.  How she wished her father could see this!
Her father.
George had been an avid gardener, an interesting trait for a blacksmith in practice and part time horse trainer and seller.  He would have exclaimed over the fresh pruning of the trees, the immaculate conditions of the fountains, the simple perfection of the roses...
She couldn't bear to think of roses.
Those traitorous flowers where what had brought her here.  Sage couldn't stop the tear that rolled down her cheek in a mirror image opposite to the one that had come when she first approached this place.
How cruel of the Beast to demand her presence.  How dare he take her away from her family, her home, and everything she knew?  And what use to him was she--a nice meal?
Scoffing now, Sage kicked the horse into an easy canter up to the castle's large wooden doors.  They were carved with hunt scenes, and something depicting a story Sage couldn't take the time to decipher.
She took a deep breath, and knocked.

Ooc//
Sorry if it's rambling...  I can't really think straight at the moment.  My sis is watching a movie, and I can't focus on what I'm writing.  xD

CH

12:08am Jun 11 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Sorry...I have a question. Hopefully it's my last one. I realize that there are no talking candles or clocks or tea cups. So...Are there people there? DDD: I feel really dumb for asking HAHA DDDDDDDDD: But I didn't know if we planned for the beast to open the door for her, ya know? hahaha.
Ohhh, and your rambling was fine :D. Do you write at all, outside of roleplaying? Because, as I was reading it, i realized your really good at it. I'm jealous DD: hahaha.

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
Nouveau

12:14am Jun 11 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Yes, I adore writing.  I actually started a Beauty and the Beast-based manu, but I haven't gotten far.  /shot  xD  Thank you~
Hm.  Talking tea cups and candles would be pretty cool.  How about it's just part of the castle's enchantment?  x3

CH

12:20am Jun 11 2011

Normal User

OOC:
I feel like were playing a game. The second I'm on, your usually not. The times your on, I'm not. Now, were on together, and I have to get off because I'm tired. I'm sorry DDDD:!!!!
But, so that I can reply tomarrow even if your not on, I'll wait until you reply to this. We do those kind of inanimate talking objects thing, right? As part of the enchantment? :DDD! Sorry I ask alot of questions DD:

Nouveau

12:24am Jun 11 2011

Normal User

Ooc// It's your roleplay as much as mine, hon.  If items, talk, they talk~ <3
No worries about posting whenever.  I'll be on a lot tomorrow, so I should be able to reply.  G'night~

CH

12:10pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Yeah I know that. I just hate not doing it the way the other RPer wants to, because one time I didn't and all this drama happened, and I got them mad and I hate getting people mad, because then their mean, and blah blah blah... Whatever. :/// haha.
Oh, and just to warn you. I'm saving this rp as a document, so I can use it as help when I get writers block with a story D: I always tell the RPer that so they can tell me if they don't feel comfortable... :D
ONE MORE THING...I did it in first person... I felt that would be better for me. DD:
*Stops rambling in OOC form*
BIC:
The tower I stood in was the highest elevation in the whole castle. I doubted the girl could see me from the astronomical amount of feet between us. But, I could see her perfectly. My senses were far greater than humans. Her not being able to notice me watching her through the window was beneficial because one little glimpse at my appearance would cause her to most likely run away, no matter what the deal was with her father. I don’t know when I plan to show my face, because there is no such thing as a ‘perfect timing’ with me. Anyone that has seen me, so far has run. Thinking, when they come back with swords and a mob, they can get rid of me. Too bad they don’t realize that my canines can rip them all to pieces faster than they can get their weapons out. Ah, good times.
I watched her until my front door opened automatically after her knocking, and she disappeared from my view. I forgot to mention, this castle is enchanted. When the witch turned me into this…this monster, she also made the castle enchanted. I doubt she did it just so that I wouldn’t be forlorn, but I never could have thought up another reason through all the years I’ve been here.
(Sorry if the next part is god-modding. If you think it is, just stop there^^ and reply. I just didn’t find it necessary to wait for you to say ‘Then she walked in…’ when it’s logic that she’s going to DDD:)
The moment she disappeared inside, I left the window, drawing down the curtains so that it was completely dark in my room. Some of my ‘friends’ here, explained to me that she could be the girl to break my spell, but I didn’t want my hopes up. Before I went downstairs to watch her from a far distance, I looked at a mirror I’ve had since the beginning, now shattered in half. As I stared at what I could see through the mirror, I angrily couldn’t look into my eyes. I wanted to give up. No women will love me like this. There wouldn’t be time to reveal what was beneath the fur and monstrous paws and teeth. I promised myself then, that she was just my prisoner, not the women who can break the spell.

Nouveau

12:30pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

Ooc// I don't count common sense as powerplaying.  ;D
I'm fine if you save this, just don't judge me based on fail posts.  xD  Good luck with your writing~
Bic//
The interior of the castle was dark and eerie.
Sage shivered as she stepped over the threshold, a thin and faintly tickling sensation washing over her.  She wondered if this was what magic felt like, or if it was a curse descending on her.  Most likely, however, it was her over active imagination.
She blinked in the dim lighting for several moments, letting her eyes adjust.  Only a few lamps were lighted, their light adding more darkness to the shadows than actually lightening the area she was in.
Looking up, Sage realized the entry room she had walked into was as vast as the rest of this place.  Thick, luxurious rugs coated the floor, their soft fibers pressing against her boots almost as if they were eager for a visitor.  Tapestries depicting more hunting scenes, and again that indecipherable story hung on the walls, matching the carvings of the door.  There was a long, gilded gold frame hanging on one wall of the room.  Sage peered at it, and then apprehensively took a step forward.  Then another.  Looking around her for any sign of displeasure at her advancement, she touched the black cloth haltingly.  Sage's breath caught in her throat.
Nothing happened.
Gingerly, she pulled the cloth back, and saw a million shattered reflections of herself.  A mirror.  But this one was broken--pieces missing, long jagged cracks cutting through the glossy reflection.  The resulting image was surprisingly scary.
Sage let the cover fall back over it, and stepped back to the center of the room.  Stair cases and hallways led off in every direction, each of them a way for the Beast to prowl up to her, and take her by surprise.
Sage looked around apprehensively, and then swallowed down another sudden rising of tears.
She wondered when he would arrive.

Ooc//
Okay, inspiration sort of hit me again.  xD  What if there's a mirror in every room (Or almost all of them) and the Beast has shattered them all?  o3o  Just a little bit of...erm...background, I suppose, to the setting. 

CH

12:52pm Jun 11 2011 (last edited on 1:24pm Jun 11 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
I love that idea!
Sorry this is a major fail. I just had to skim over what I wrote before it got deleted...
The thing is, the second I was about to post my reply, my computer randomly shut off. Which made me really angry, because it's very rare when I'm proud of a post I made, and of course the second I am, it just had to be deleted when my computer shut off. Yeah. So then I had to cool down before responding AGAIN. lol. I keep writing you books in my OOC, hahaha... I'll stop that -_________-
BIC:

When I first came to this castle, there were mirrors in every room. One by one, I angrily shattered them in half. Not on the same day though. I thought that having mirrors would help me convince myself that I didn’t look so bad, so I kept them. But, I have a tendency to get infuriated at what I looked like, and would smash the mirror in half every time I saw myself in it. Sometimes, I would have to let out my anger by punching the wall afterwards. If you looked around at the walls, there were indents and holes in a lot of walls around the castle.

When I was positive that the girl was inside, I left the room, more enraged then I was before I saw her outside; before I saw myself in the mirror. I didn’t mind if she heard me, so as I left my room I slammed the door as powerful as I could and started angrily walking down the staircase. As I reached half way down the entrance, my ears heard her feet hit the floor, clearly. Before I was close enough to be heard from her, I heard faintly behind me, “Before you go down, you should calm yourself. You don’t want to scare her away, do ya?”

I didn’t care who it was who suggested me to calm down; I didn’t even want to listen. But I felt my paw being tugged away from the entrance, and I felt obliged to follow.  I found it was a rug forcing me forward.“Your right.” I admitted as quietly as possible with my arduous voice. The rug took me to a balcony that overlooked the entrance way. There were three stone walled boulders in-between that I could hide behind, so that she couldn’t see me and I could still see her. I understood why the rug took me up here. It wasn’t the time to show her myself just yet. The enchanted objects should ‘make her feel at home’ before he should. He watched silently, as she looked at his shattered mirror. He let out a sigh, reminding himself to cover the rest of them before she saw them all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“There she is, there she is!”
“Oh, keep our mouth shut, and turn your light out. She’ll notice us.”
“But, shouldn’t we introduce ourselves?”
“No. Give her time. How would anyone react to things like us talking?”
“But, she is going to be here for a while. Let’s go!”
“Shhh. She may here us.”
The clock and the candle stayed still as she walked passed.

CH

12:52pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

OOC:
My computer's being wierd. Let me edit that post. :D

Nouveau

12:54pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

Ooc// No worries.  Sorry about loosing the ost--I hate it when that happens.  -_-

CH

2:59pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

*Bump* :D

Nouveau

3:08pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

Ooc//  Clock and candlesti-- /shot repeatedly
Sorry the post is so short.  :x  I'm a bit pressed for time.
Bic//
Sage froze, positive that she had heard the echo of words in the vast, empty loneliness of this place.  Somewhere, she knew, the Beast was stalking.  Perhaps he was watching her right now.
But why would he have a reason to talk to himself?  She shuddered.  Maybe he was insane.  The thought of an insane, wild Beast in the same house--if this could be called that--as her gave Sage a large thrill of fear.  She glanced over her shoulder apprehensively.
Finally, after reassuring herself that no one was there, she again surveyed the vast room.  A particular stair case--one on the back wall, leading up to a balcony and what appeared to be a hallways beyond--appealed to her.
If the Beast won't find me, she thought, I'll just go find him.
With that thought, Sage started up the stairs, wondering what the consequences would be.

CH

3:38pm Jun 11 2011

Normal User

OOC:
LOL sorry. I forgot to put 'stick' hahaha!
Oh, and I saw on my last post, the last sentenes I accidently put 'He' instead of 'I'. Sorry about that DDD:
BIC:
If the girl wasn't facing me, I would have stolen a glance at the clock and candlestick to tell them to shut up, but she kept looking my way, only turning around once, so all I could do was watch her, while staying hidden.
I felt a feeling of panic rise within me as I watched the girl walk up the staircase to the balcony. She wasn't supposed to see me yet!
I refused to have her see me this way, not yet. So before she reached the top I walked passed the stair case and quickly up the stairs to my room at the top west part of the tower. I knew that if she was looking up while walking up the stair case, she would have saw a glimpse of me, but I was fast so I doubt she could catch up with me.
I slammed the door behind me with so much force, that it echoed down the staircase. I didn't uncover the mirror this time.
Now that I was in my room, I realized the girl could be wandering around anywhere in the castle. If she found the west wing, would I be able to keep myself from hurting her so that she'd get away from it?
With that thought in mind, he kept his ears perked up to hear anything close by the west wing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"She's going up the stair case! She's going up-"
"Oh shut up. As long as she doesn't go in the west wing, she's perfectly fine. What did I tell you about putting your light out?"
"If it's fine for her to go around the other rooms, why doesn't she have a tour guide?" And with that, the candle stick jumped up the stairs to catch up with the girl.
"Well hello there!" The candle stick said, enthusiastically as he jumped up more stairs.
"The beast might not like this." Clock said, as he jumped up with the candle stick.
"Of course he will. She could be the chosen one!"
"Oh you idiot, she's not supposed to know about that!" Clock replied, rudely.
They both looked up at her, waiting for her reaction to them.

CH

12:49pm Jun 12 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Heyyy :D
I'm going on vacation tomarrow, and won't be back until Friday.
Do you think....You could either keep bumping this, or save it to your favorites so we don't forget this one DDDDDDDD:
Usually, vacations make people forget their RP's when they get back hahaha.
Anyways.......

BUMP :D

Nouveau

3:19pm Jun 12 2011

Normal User

Ooc// No!! /clings  Hm.  Well, I'll bump this up until Wednesday, when I leave myself.  I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, so it'll be a lot of bumping...  xD  But it shan't die!  Have fun on your trip~ <3
Bic//
Sage started as she thought she caught a flash of a shadow fleeing past her.  But she blinked once, looked closer, and affirmed that there was nothing there.  She continued quietly up the stairs, pausing only when she reached the top.  Just then, the faintest sound of a door slamming drifted down the hallway.
Sage wondered if it was the Beast, finally leaving his lair to come charging up to her.  Was he really as hideous as everyone said?  Would he eat her?  Or was he a thousand times worse...
She blinked, and shuddered.  Somehow, she managed to wryly think about how many times she had shuddered today.
As she began to walk towards the sound, her ears caught a drift on conversation.  Again, she wondered if the Beast was crazy, or if a solitary existence in an enchanted castle had led him to believe that there were more here.
She heard faint catches of it, but the voices didn't seem like what a Beast's would be.  His "of course" should have been deeper, his "chosen" more rumbling.
Sage nearly tripped over the candlestick and clock.
"W-what?" she asked, before she realized that she was talking to inanimate objects.
...Right?
She could have sworn that clock had just said "idiot."  And then she realized it was still talking.  Talking.  Talking.
"A-are y-you talking to me?" she finally asked dumbly, wondering how long they had been chattering to her. 

Nouveau

6:42pm Jun 13 2011

Normal User

Ooc//Bump?  .-.

CH

4:09pm Jun 14 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Hey. My friend let me go on for a little while. But I won't be on for long :D
BIC:
Candle stick smiled at her as if nothing was out of the ordinary. 
"I'm guessing she's not used to things like us speaking?" 
The clock frowned his way, hoping he'd keep his mouth shut soon. 
Candle stick ignored Clock and walked closer to the girl, being careful about falling on the stairs. 
"No. We weren't talking to you. But, gladly, we are now. Just call me...-"
"Candle, the beast won't like this. Won't like it at all!"
"Oh, I think it's your turn to shut up..." The candle mumured to himself before looking back at the girl. "Now where were we...Oh yes, just call me Candle, and I'll call you...?" The Candle Stick asked the girl. 
OOC:
Sorry it's short and a very much fail. I had slight writers block since I had nothing to do with the beast DDD: hahaha. 
Have fun on your trip too :D I'll make sure to keep it bumped when I come back :D

Nouveau

8:19pm Jun 14 2011

Normal User

Ooc// No worrieshon.  This'll have to be my last post before my big trip, though.  /crycry
Fail post on my part.  ;-;  Sorry~
Bic//
Sage's brain stopped working the moment the candle began to talk to her again.  Maybe this castle was driving her crazy already.  And yet, some part of her kept functioning well enough to make her smile as the candle introduced itself.  Candle the candle.  How fitting.
"I'm Sage," she said unexpectedly warmly.  "Sage Alexsanders."  She paused, frowning at the clock, who seemed quite intent on not letting any information go.  She hoped its companion would have a looser tongue.  "Where might I find your master?  He...well, he's the reason I'm here."
Sage bit her lip.  Obviously, her brain wasn't processing enough to keep her from babbling like an idiot.  She sighed, and cast her gaze to her feet.  With any luck, the talking objects wouldn't have anyone to compare her to.  Unless, of course, the Beast took maidens from their homes every day.

CH

7:30pm Jun 15 2011 (last edited on 8:21am Jun 18 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
Don't worry. We'll stop the fails when were both off of vacation :DD! 
Awhh.. *Cries* Bye!!! DDD:
BIC:

The Candle chuckled warmly and said, “Well of course he’s the reason. Without him getting you here, there would be no way to change him-“
“Candle!” The clock scolded, so loud that Candle jumped a couple inches.
“Sorry. Sorry. My big mouth getting the better of me again. Anyways, what were we talking about? … Oh yes, our master. He’s somewhere else in this tower, but will be down when he’s ready too..eh..be seen. Speaking of which, the tower…Why don’t me and Clock-“
“I refuse to help.” Clock murmured for just Candle to hear.
“Alright….” Candle murmured back, irritated. Then kept going, “Why don’t I show you around? Like where the meals are, the bathrooms, all that.” He said before motioning her to follow, “And, just for future reference, looking down during a conversation isn’t polite.” Then with a wink, to show that he was just breaking tension with humor, he added, “But, to Clock, I wouldn’t know what politeness was.” With a roll of his eyes for effect, he again motioned Sage to follow while he started walking up the rest of the stairs.
“I still don’t find this a good idea…” Candle heard Clock mumble behind him.
“Oh, Clock, you decided to join me and our new friend on the tour?” Candle replied, nonchalantly, as if there wasn’t a monster in the west wing that wouldn’t be the happiest about trying to make Sage feel welcome.
“No you idiot. I just have to come, because every time you make trouble, I have to clean the mess up. And if the Beas-…”  Clock looked to sage, hoping she didn’t hear, “I mean, master, finds out, I don’t think he’d be very happy, so I’ll have to keep him from taking your light out for good.” Candle seemed to not be scared of the threat, that Clock tried to explain, and said,
“Well, whether you like it or not, it sounds like you care about my light going out for good.” He said, happily before showing Sage the rooms.
“The tower looks very big from the outside, and also does from the inside, but that’s only because of how many rooms there are. And, not all of them are even used. I’ll show you.” Candle said before opening the first door, that w
as beside the balcony. It creaked loudly, and made a echo all throughout the tower. Candle jumped at the noise, but then walked inside. “See? This room is completely empty. No use for it. I don’t see why Master doesn’t give you a bedroom instead of that dungeon…” After saying that, Candle frowned and looked back at Sage. “Sorry. I probably just made your nervousness worse, haven’t I? Well then I’ll make it better by saying, that Clock and I are very good at convincing Master, and we’ve been trying to convince him to give you a bedroom. I have a feeling he is going to crack any time soon, and give in.”
While Candle was trying to take his foot out of his big mouth, Clock nonchalantly went over to a mirror in the room that was not covered, and shattered everywhere. Again, nonchalantly, he found the cloth that usually covered it, and put it over the mirror. Hoping Sage didn’t notice, because then Candle and him would have to explain.
“I think it’s time to show her where she will be staying now.” Clock said, a little more terrified then usual. He knew the Master wouldn’t like Candle showing Sage around. What if Candle was stupid enough to go to the west wing? “Let’s go.” Clock added before Candle could reply. And with that, Clock started nudging Candle and they lead Sage to the dungeon.
When they got to the dungeon, Candle made a tsking sound and said, “Don’t worry. Your sleeping arrangements will be taken care of, Sage.” And with that, Clock and Candle left. 

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15