They say you're nothing but a Beast... {Private} ...Are they wrong?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 Bookmark Thread
CH

8:22am Jun 18 2011

Normal User

BUMP :D

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
CH

1:21pm Jun 27 2011

Normal User

OOC:
(Yayyyy....Second page :D)

CH

10:29am Jun 28 2011

Normal User

CH

3:01pm Jun 29 2011

Normal User

OOC:

BUMP :)

I made this post, that I need everyone I RP with to see. I'll put the link on a post to this RP thread in a second since I doubt you'll see the post anytime soon, since your on vacation :D

CH

10:16pm Jun 29 2011

Normal User

OOC:
http://www.rescreatu.com/forum/cat/games/rp/to-all-who-rp-with-me-come-here-/~page/1/#post_1424617

By the time you come back, I'll probably be back on myself. But, If I'm not, read this please :)

CH

8:23pm Jul 2 2011

Normal User

OOC:
BUMP!

^^ Forget the top link. I'm back :)

CH

12:17pm Jul 4 2011

Normal User

OOC:
BUMP :DDDD

Nouveau

5:58pm Jul 4 2011

Normal User

Sage stared after the two long after they were gone.
Her eyes couldn't seem to tear themselves away from the lonely stretch of dark dungeon tunnel that they had vanished into.  And very lonely it was.
She blinked several time as her eyes adjusted to the gloom.  Unlit torch sconces lined the walls at a uniform distance from each other.  The walls were cold grey stone, as much of the rest of the castle seemed to be.  The ground was a slightly darker slate that looked like the type of stone that would be slippery when wet.  She wondered if the damp air around her would always be so.
Eventually, Sage was able to tear her gaze away from the empty, unreasonably daunting corridor.  She examined her "room" with a violent shiver.  Why did she have to be somewhere so cold?  Darkness and creepy dungeons Sage could handle.  Cold--well, not so much.
Besides the bone-freezing temperature, Sage's new room--she could hardly call it a home--was a meduim-sized cell.  The walls and floor were the same uniform gray as outside.  A hard and unfriendly-looking bench set at about the height of her knees into the wall was what Sage hoped desperately wasn't meant to be her bed.  But nothing else looked remotely like a place to lie down.  Frowning, she walked over to a suspicious-looking hole in the ground.  It was deep, and a nasty stink rose up from it.  Her frown morphed into a disgusted grimace, and Sage walked away.
A small, iron bar-crossed window let a little bit of faint moonlight into the cell.  The frosty night breeze might have been what lent the dungeons such a freezing atmosphere.  She rose on her tip-toes to see if she could close it, but there was no glass or cloth to block the flow.  Sage was glad that winter was still a long ways off.
She cast another glance at the "bed," and felt a wave of exhaustion topple over her.  She wanted to go home.  Not even a day into her stay, and Sage was missing her father's lined face with his merry laugh, and her sisters who were hilariously shallow at times, but too loving to truly bother her.  She missed their small house on the edge of the city, backed by the wood, and she missed their stable with their cow and father's horse.
Sage fought back tears and sank against the cool wall, the stone freezing her back through the thin fabric of her traveling tunic, and saw that Candle and Clock had been kind enough to leave the door open for her.  They had said that they would be back soon, but how soon was that?  Perhaps she could sneak off into one of the bed rooms.  Candle had said himself that most of them were never used...
But the thought died there.  Sage didn't trust herself to be able to get back our, recalling the labrynth of twists and turns that they had used to get her there.  And getting lost in this freezing, dark, place didn't seem like a good idea.
A rush of hopelessness joined her exhaustion.
Sage contented herself to think of the two animate objects that shouldn't have been.  Thinking of Candle and Clock was a welcome distraction, and she thought she might as well come to terms with them if she was to live here the rest of her life.  She might be able to find a friend in Candle, with his kind humor and eagerness to help.  Sage couldn't help but dislike Clock a bit, with his constant scolding and worrying and muttering things about "Master."  But she would make do with them, since they were all she had.
Except for the Beast, of course.
She sighed and buried her head in her hands.  She couldn't bear to even think of her captor.  Not yet.
Oh, how desperately she wished to be home.

Ooc//
Sorry this took so long.  ;)  Got sidetracked doing some things for my dad.

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
CH

1:52pm Jul 5 2011 (last edited on 1:53pm Jul 5 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
Wow. I'm now officially jealous. The whole reason why I had Candle and Clock leave was because I had no idea how to describe a dungeon, HAHA! O___O

BIC:

When Clock and Candle were far enough away from Sage, Clock finally said, “If Master finds out-“ Candle rolled his eyes while interrupting,
“Oh c’mon, you were the one that said ‘As long as she doesn’t go through the west wing’! Master doesn’t have much time to woo the girl, since he’s waited so long to break the curse, and getting started by putting her in the dungeon isn’t the way to go…” Thinking that, Candle frowned. “Then why did we put her there now?” He asked himself with a smirk, before turning around and going back to the dungeons, ignoring the annoying protests from Clock as he was obliged to follow and fix any mess the Candle will surely make.

~

I couldn’t help - after several aching minutes – to see where the girl had gone. As I hid behind a stone wall, close to the hallway where Candle and Clock were showing her rooms, I could feel anxiety creeping in my head. What if she stole a glance of me, right now? I was only a couple feet from her, and if I stepped out only a couple inches, she’d see me. What would she think? Would she run away, even though we had a deal? The pain of that thought made me walk back to the west wing, after I heard Clock say it was time to go to the dungeons.

~

“Candle, think about this! When Master is ready, then we let her out!” Clock exclaimed in protest as a harsh whisper as they neared the dungeons. Closer to Sage. Candle stopped and said,
“Like I said, we need to woo the girl for Master, since the beast doesn’t have any guts to do it himself.” With that, he walked to the opened door, and said more loudly for her to hear.
“Back sooner than we thought, and we have a surprise.” He waited with a long pause, for dramatic effect. Finally, Clock said, “Just get on with it..” in a grumble. With a irritated sigh, Candle kept going.“Master has agreed too-““Not technically.”
“Oh, hush up. We have a bedroom waiting for a beautiful girl to live in. Come now. Who needs this disturbing stench while they try to sleep, right?” Clock made that tsking sound again, thinking how heartless his Master can seem sometimes.

Nouveau

2:58pm Jul 5 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Lol, I officially fail at describing dungeons, so no need to be jealous.  :P
Bic//
Sage looked up at the sound of voices echoing down the long corridor.  She could reconize the tones of Candle and Clock well enough, but their distance had hollowed out the sounds of their voices, turning them into eerie whispers.  Unintentionally, she shuddered.  Sage had never been one to believe in ghosts, but in the freezing dungeon of an enchanted castle that belond to a cursed Beast--well, anything could happen.
Sage pushed herself up from the cold embrace of the stone floor as Candle's voice grew loud enough for her to discern words.  Her heart gave an unexpected leap as he promised her a bedroom.  Even if it meant being closer to the Beast, she would take it.  Anywhere was better than these haunting, creepy dungeons.
"C-candle?" she finally asked, as his voice faded again in mid sentence.  She tried to peer down the hallway leading to her block of cells, but the shadows engulfed the stone archway after just a few feet.
She took an uneasy step forward, wondering if her mind had been playing tricks on her.  Perhaps all this magic would eventually drive her mad.  She had heard stories in her village that those affected by witchcraft often went insane from the magic's affects.  And in a castle where the magic was woven into the very being of the place....she didn't want to ponder the results.
Sage took a deep breath, and snuck another look down the passageway.  No Candle, no Clock.  No Beast.  She let out the breath in a sigh, which danced away in a fine puff of mist.  Even in the height of summer, it was unbelievably cold down here.  She rubbed her hands acros her arms, trying to work some warmth back into them, when she heard another echo of a voice.
She looked up, sure that it was Candle's voice, though it seemed little more than a whisper.  She was sure now that she hadn't imagined it.  And if he said that they were coming for her...well, she could meet them half way, right?
Sage hazarded a step out of her cell.  The iron door remained motionless, the iron bars making the final wall remained unwarped.  No magic spell kept her within.  Sage assumed this was a good omen, and took a step into the shadow-infested corridor.
"Hello?" she called, listening to her voice bounce deeper into the dungeons.
She prayed for a reply.

CH

3:32pm Jul 5 2011

Normal User

Hearing Sage's voice - and mentally noting that the tone showed her nervousness - Candle waved his light closer to her so she could see them. "Hello." He said, replying to her remark with a friendly smile. "Now, let's get out of here, I'm starting to have trouble breathing..." Candle added, bringing 'light' to the situation.(HAHA get it? :P...) Clock grumbled unintelligable things before being the first one to leave the dungeon cell. Candle held a hand out motioning Sage to follow as he left the cell also.

(Oh, noz! Powerplaying? Ignore this next part if it is, by just having her follow D:)

As they started for the hallway, and to the staircase identical to the one where they first met, Clock pulled Candle to the side. "Excuse us..." Candle grumbled to Sage, clearly annoyed at Clock's paranoia.
"Since your really going to do this, I'm going to warn the Master, so he doesn't react the...wrong way when he sees her. All needs to go perfect, or he has no chance of going back to normal." Choosing not to wait for a response, Clock walked away from the two, Sage and Candle.
"He really needs to stop being so worried about Master..." He mumbled to himself before turning to Sage. "Now..To your bedroom!" He said before jumping up the stair case, to the hallway identical to the one they were in before, but looking much more glamourous. He passed several doors, explaining as they went along, "That's the bathroom...That's a closet, feel free to put any belongings in there, but there will probably be no need. You have a decent sized closet in your own bedroom...That's one of those empty rooms that have no purpose, like I showed you before." When they reached her bedroom door, he looked up at her with a smile, and said, "If you plan on looking around the castle, just remember, your bedroom is 2 stair cases up, and the 14th door to the left of this hallway. Also, close to another 'balcony' type things that was seen at the front entrance." And with that, he nudged the door open with his back and let her walk in to have a look around.

~

Shakingly, Clock started up a different stair case, as Candle showed Sage the other one. Master had a kind heart, the spell helped him learn, but sometimes he could be a little...Beastly. (Wow, I'm just on a roll today with 'puns' and movie titles and... what not :D)

As he reached the west wing, he went up the last couple of stairs before reaching the top. Nervously, he knocked on the door, "M-Master?" He asked, hoping he wasn't there.

~

With my animal senses, I heard Clock shaking up the stairs to where I was in the west wing, and tried my best to keep myself calm as he knocked. I waited a moment, then opened the door just a crack, so he knew I was focused on what he had to say to me. He was shaking so much, I could hear rattling from the poor Clock. I finally heard, after a nervous swallow,

"Candle has...Has taken the girl to a bedroom." I relinquished any commitment to calming down,

"What! I told you to keep her in the dungeon!" I roared, knowing all to well that anyone in the castle will be able to hear.

"I Kn-know, Master...I-I was t-trying to t-tell him-" I couldn't help but roar again. My anger took over the weaker part of me, and I slammed the door away - not caring if i hit the nervous Clock - and started stomping down the stairs, angrily. Toward the second level, toward the place Candle planned on making her bedroom the second he found out she was coming.

Toward her. And, she'll see you this way, if you go toward her.  

I thought to myself. And those thoughts didn't stop me this time, like they usually did.

Nouveau

4:47pm Jul 5 2011 (last edited on 4:47pm Jul 5 2011)

Normal User

Ooc// Puns=love.  <3
Ohmigawdactionohmigawd.  /typetypetype
Bic//
Sage smiled at Clock, unsure if the ex
pression could really convey her gratitude.  All ready the chill of the dungeon was washing off her skin in the warmth of the castle.  The hallway was slightly dim, but at least the lamps were lit.  There was a slightly warm feel to it all, with the rich red and gold carpeting and matching tapestries, cast in a warm glow from the lamps.  Only a little bit of the cold gray stone of the castle's structire peeked through the fiery mass of colors.
"Second staircase, fourteenth door..." she murmured as she pushed open the rich mahogany door.  She wondered if the whole castle was furnished so richly.  A single hallway's collection of rugs would probably be worth more than her house.
Fighting back the sudden pang of sorrow, Sage opened one of the double doors that marked her bedroom's entrance, relishing the sound of the wood sliding over rich carpet.  As her eyes rose to take in the sigh tof the room, she gasped.
The first word that came to mind was elegant.  She was standing in a rich receiving room that was certainly so.  Any wood in the room was a dark, almost black, wood, and everything was embellished in a rich crimson.  A fireplace was crackling to her left, with two accompanying armchairs and a small wooden table in between.  A circular rugh was laid over the pale gold carpet directly in front of her.  It appeared to be a space for a small crowd, where one would socialize.
Sage couldn't hold back a snort.  As if she would be socializing with anyone but some talking household items.
To her right, there was a crimson couch with a low table in front of it, most likely for having tea with more familiar company.  A black tea trolly, empty, stood beside it.  Ahead of her was another door made of the same mahogany.  Its golden brass handle glinted in the firelight.
Sage walked towards it, curious, and gave another delighted gasp as it opened into what could only be a bedroom.  It was the most magnificent, beautiful bedroom she had ever seen.
It was a vision of blues, with the walls painted a rich blue a shade between twilight and the morning sky.  The carpet at her feet was swirling with ornate designs in gold and blue.  The bed that stood in the corner to her right was four-poster, with an elegant royal blue canopy, and lighter blue bedclothes.  Her pillows were a mix of the royal blue and the gold of the carpet.  Warm brown shelves rose in the far left corner on the other side of the room, their shelves brimming with books.  An expensive-looking leather (Ooc: Um...I'm hoping they had leather...?  xD) seat sat nestle between them, for what she assumed was a reading chair.  A small desk stood nearby.  But none of this was what took her breath away.
Blue curtains were pulled apart with bright gold drawstrings on the far side of the room, revealing floor to ceiling-length windows of beautiful, clear glass.  Outside there was a white balcony overlooking lush green gardens, and in the distance, meadows and forest.  She could make out the plants with the aid of merry lamp posts stationed throughout the gardens, their lights like comforting friends in this dark and lonely castle.
Overwhelmed, Sage was about to open a door to what she assumed was the closet--what else could there be?--when she heard a roar and stamping footsteps.
A shudder ran through her as she turned to look behind her, through her bedroom door, through the foyer, to the double-doors of rich mahogany that marked the entrance.  She wanted to deny it, to call herself silly, but she could feel it in her core.
The Beast was coming.
Ooc// Can you say "ramble?"  :P Lol, sorry it's so detailed about pointless things.  xD

CH

7:50pm Jul 5 2011

Normal User

OOC:

LOL, yes, yes! I was excited to write the last part :3

And, do NOT apologize for a post like that. ^^. Shame. On. You.

And, in the last part of your post, are you meaning like she just turned around, or did she run to where she heard him? Like are they right infront of eachother right now?

Nouveau

8:05pm Jul 5 2011

Normal User

Ooc// She's standing in her bedroom right now.  Like, 40 feet away or so from the door.  Maybe he's out in the hall, and he orders to open the door, or-- /slapped

CH

8:18pm Jul 5 2011 (last edited on 8:57pm Jul 5 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
Actually, yesss I planned on doing that. But I was just kind of confused for a second D: It's all good now, :D

-don't reply. I have to get off of the computer for FIVE seconds, and go on a different account. Then I'll reply :D-

EDIT:

Candle elatedly watched as Sage examined her bedroom, he especially her facial expressions. Of course, he was dying to say that he did it all himself, but technically he didn’t. Whether Beast liked it or not, he helped in a way. Candle tricked him into describing how he wanted the girls’ bedroom to be when they first found out that she was staying for goo. Though Beast chose not to bring those words to actions. Candle guessed Beast gave up on her breaking the spell, so chose not to woo her at all. But, Candle had other plans and so far they were perfectly going as planned.  Just as Candle was about to ask if she was hungry or ‘If she needed anything else?’, a vociferous roar embraced his ears instead. He jumped a couple feet, and frowned. “And Clock says I start the trouble…humph…” He said to himself, shaking his head as though there was no beast heading his way, enraged.  

Still having a disapproval ex
pression, Candle walked over to the door and said to Sage casually, “I’d keep this locked. Beast can get a little…Feisty.” Hearing him come closer didn’t faze him, he was more of disappointed as he locked the door. Beast was ruining everything! Candle started to consider therapy. Or anger – management classes. I’d be a good therapist.. He thought to himself, becoming out of this world for a moment.

~

Andrew, calm down before she first meets you. You have to make a good impression!The back corner of my mind was dying to be heard, but I couldn’t listen. I was too infuriated to listen to anything, even the anxious protests from Clock, who was trying to keep up but wasn’t succeeding. Funny, how I called myself by my old name, and not just ‘Beast’ like everyone else.

My animal senses helped me figure out what room they were in. I always heard Candle talking to himself, but I was pretty sure at that moment, he was talking to Sage. The one who wasn’t supposed to be up here. I could still hear miniature protests from the frightened Clock as he stayed behind a wall, but was able to be heard. Smart. No one probably wanted to be near me right now – or ever. 

I played with the knob, and did a brutal growl while grumbling,

“Candle…” On the other side, I could hear his unnecessary blissful tone while saying,

“Yes? May I help you?” I played with the door knob again, and then said in clenched teeth,

“If you don’t let me in now, I’m not afraid to break the door open…” For a moment, all I could hear was a tsking sound. I tended to hear that a lot from him. 

“You really shouldn’t be talking that way in front of a lady…” He said. I could just imagine him waving his light at me with a disapproving look like he did the night before she even came here.  My anger was only getting worse, and I felt as though I was boiling to the top. But, technically, if I even wanted to try to break the spell, I had to be a bit nicer.

What am I saying? I gave up a long time ago. No one wants to love a beast. 

With that thought in mind, I was backing up just about ready to break down that door, and …And, do what? Throw the girl that can break the spell out of the window? Maybe I could throw Candle…No. I may look like a  beast, but I’m not one. With that thought in mind, I felt myself calming down – just enough to say more casually – but my voice of course was naturally rough. So it wasn’t necessarily ‘Casual’.  

“Candle. I’ll talk nicer if you give me a moment to talk to you out here?”

~

Candle couldn’t help but mess with the Beast once in a while. Of course, he knew what Beast was capable of, so common sense didn’t relate to the conversation they had. But, at least it worked and Sage was in one piece.  With a satisfied smile at his question, he did a knowing look at Sage and whispered,

“Just stay right here. He calms down easily. You'll be fine.” Before disappearing behind the door, purposely only opening it a couple inches for him to squeeze out so she didn’t see Beast.   

Nouveau

11:39pm Jul 5 2011

Normal User

The sound of the Beast's voice sent shockwaves down Sage's spine.  It was terrifying and exhilarating all at once, like a bird held in a snake's gaze.  She suppressed another wave of chills as she thought about her reaction if they came face to face.
His rage was evident in his voice, and it sent her cowering against the wall of windows at the back of her bedroom, getting as far away from him as possible.  His voice carried no less from the distance, though, and it rumbled deep within her bones.  She bit her lip, waiting for the door to come crashing down, and her life to suddenly end at his hands--wait, no.  Perhaps "claws" would be a better term.
But the sound of splientering wood and pouding feet never came.
Sage slowly straightened from her pitiful crouch by the window, and peered at Candle.  He seemed to be...soothing the Beast.  She frowned, and took a step closer to hear what they were saying, now that their tones were much quieter.  She stopped abruptly, fearful that Candle might send the Beast rushing in, seeing how his plan to give her a room had went.  But they seemed to be having a fairly civilized exchange, and she slowly edged to the doorway between the receiving room and the bedroom.
Sage caught snippets of their conversation, but couldn't tell how well Candle was handling the conversation.  She bit her lip again, wondering how often these type of things happened.  Candle seemed the one who was fearless, even in the face of the Beast, while Clock seemed fearful, and a bit of a snitch.  She smiled to herself, overcome with ridiculous, giddy humor.  How strange to be applying human characteristics to a clock.  A clock!  Sage knew that there was nothing funny about the situation, but a fluttering giggle escaped her lips nonetheless.
She realized then that their conversation was ending, and edged closer still.  She couldn't help but pray that Candle wasn't going to allow the Beast inside.  He turned to her, and after uttering his assurances, disappeared outside.
Sage watched him go, overcome with a sense of dreadful loneliness.  Unable to stand for a moment longer, she sank to her knees, leaning against the far wall of the receiving room and burying her head in her hands.
She had never felt so helpless.

Ooc// I'm overcome by an exceedingly nerdy and lame urge to make an animate plant by the name of Violet...  /shot

CH

10:30am Jul 6 2011 (last edited on 2:17pm Jul 6 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
omg, I support that urge <3
BIC:
 When I saw Candle opening the door, I quickly moved to the wall next to it so the girl wouldn't get a glimpse of me. I didn't want to risk that now, though what did I have to lose? I already was having a temper tantrum just because things weren't going my way. 
I watched as Candle closed the door quickly, and looked up at me with a dissappointed ex
pression.
"Your ruining everything you know, Beast." Deep inside all the fur surrounding my skin, my heart cringed at how he called me Beast. It was logic why to call me that, so when did I become so sensitive to it? 
"I guess my anger got the better of me again..." I said, sitting on the ground, and hoping Clock was still by my side. When I saw Clock, I saw who he was before this spell ruined my life. He was my servant, yes, and I was cruel to him. But, he never was cruel back to me. Same with Candle, though I was never surprised that Candle turned into a... well, a Candle. Before the spell, he seemed to always look at the bright side of the situation. A candle stick fitted him well.
"If you want the spell to break, don't you think you should try a little harder about wooing her?" Candle said that sentence more quietly so that Sage wouldn't hear. I could feel both parts of my mind, argueing on what to say. Part of me - the bigger part of me - said that I should just give up on breaking the spell and get used to the Beast. But the smaller part of me - the one dieing to be heard - keeps telling me I still have time, and I have to make use of it. Feel like giving up after you have no time left, not while you still have it. Surprisingly, that small part of me made me compelled to say, 
"Your right. But, how do I apologize without having her see me?"
The Candle smiled, already having an idea.
"Welcome her. Let her stay in the bedroo-" I couldn't help make a low growl rise in my throat. Candle rolled his eyes, and then acted as though he didn't hear. "Let her stay in the bedroom, let her eat when she wants to eat, not just when you feel like giving her a plate of left overs like you planned." -Another growl.- "And, let her explore the castle. So many stories in this place from all the times we've been here, right? Let her make more of those memories."
I let another growl rise, and then said, "Fine." And with that, I had the urge to leave. The urge to run away back to my west wing, and never come out. Never let anyone see the Beast. But, before I had the chance, Candle said, 
"Your not going to make me tell her that. Your going to do it." And with that, he opened the door just a crack, and went inside. I could hear a soothing voice calling her by her name.
 "Sage..." I heard him say. I mentally noted that, that was her name.
Beneath the beast overlaying me, was a heart that was racing faster then you could count. I was about to talk to the girl I planned on wooing. Loving. Using to break the spell. And, only then did I mentally slap myself for having no control of my anger.
~
"Sage..." Candle said while walking inside. When he finally found her on the ground, head in hands, he quickly came over and said, "Everythings alright. Master, like I said, calms down easily. And is completely...Well, calm for now." He blew out the light on his right hand, and poked her, "Well, C'mon. I think you should come hear what Master has to say to you." And with that, he walked back to the front door.

Nouveau

1:18pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

/going to reply anyways  o-o
~Editing in a moment~
(I need to think of an intro fo rth eother roleplay first.  /shot)

CH

2:15pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

OOC:

*DIES*

OMG I TOLD YOU NOT TO REPLY D:

hahahahahhaha, whatever. I'm editing the post now. Will be done soon. :)

I can start if you said it was alright if we start out with you just now buying her as a slave? I have a intro already I can use from my last Master/Slave role play ;D

Nouveau

2:23pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Eh, trying to type up something as of now.  x3  I'm just having a slow morning.  I'm fine with starting.
Oh, and I forgot to ask: Is it okay if I have them lead her onto an auction stage so that, you know, he can bid.  xD  Hopefully that's not powerplaying~

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15