They say you're nothing but a Beast... {Private} ...Are they wrong?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15 Bookmark Thread
CH

5:24pm Jul 13 2011 (last edited on 7:20pm Jul 13 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
I.K.R. <3
I just was giving an option because it was my excuse to see how my Alex Pettyfer is looking lately on Google <3 
Haha jkjk^^ I just didn't know which one you preferred :D
BIC:
Whether I liked it or not, it was time. When I wrote this letter, I wasted at least 20 pages of my parchment that I threw away in distaste, since I wanted every word perfectly written and everything perfectly said. I was pretty proud of the result, and hopefully she'd react the way I hoped.
It was late into the night, and I doubted the girl was awake. Silently, I padded down the stoned stairs, happy that they didn't creak with every step like you'd expect they would. The tower, as he guessed the girl already found out, was old but also extravagant. Magical. Exquisite.
As I walked the same path I did before, when I was angry at Candle, it only made me feel more remorse then before. I couldn't even imagine the fear the girl probably felt.
Hopefully, this letter would change everything.
Finally, I found the door that I could hear her sleeping in. I doubted the door was locked.(Hopefully it's not? Dx)
Slowly and carefully, I opened the bed room door. I could see her sillouhette lieing on the bed, out cold. That was good. She had to read about me before she met me.
Carefully not to wake her,I set the parchment letter -  sealed inside a fancy envelope made from back when I was... Like her, so to speak. I doubted she was anything close to what I was when I was human though. - under her arm and was about to leave the room but drew back from that idea. Instead, I, again carefully, looked over the girl, still sleeping. I couldn't help what I did next. I haven't touched human skin in who knows how long. 
I reached out my paw - my monstrous hideous paw - and carressed her cheek. Studying her. 
Her face, compared to my paw, was surprisingly smooth. I could even feel the nice indent from her high cheekbones. Though it was dark I could still see details that others could not and, I mentally noted the mixture in her hair, between a dark blonde and a very light brown. I stared for a moment longer, trying to shake away the image of a frightened ex
pression on this peaceful face because of my monster side. I kept trying to tell myself lately that it wasn't me, just a side, but lately it hasn't helped. Either way, I was a monster.
After making sure the envelope that on the front said,

"To our special guest,

Sage."

was firmly in place by her side, he sneaked out of the room, down the hallways, up the staircases, and back to the west wing.  

OOC:
I don't really know how to introduce what the letter said. So, I'll just give it to you~

The front of the envelope is up derrr^^^^
Hereeeeeeee....

"To our special guest,

Sage."

My Dear Sage,

I believe we have to make amends because of what has happened earlier today, My Dear Sage. What happened was clearly not the way I should have handled things. Maybe you will understand why I get so impatient, after you read my testimony below. It’s become a common thing, my outbursts, with me being who I am. Hopefully, you’ll be understanding with my explanation.

This is a very personal territory I am taking you on, but I will not blame you if later on I feel remorse for telling you such things. This is fully my doing, and this is purposely in writing so there will be proof that it is my doing. My DearSage, I understand how confused you may be, how much you must miss the ones you really love. I know that you’d rather be back at your home right now, taking care of your father – or vice versa. I’m very sorry, I know how it feels to miss things.

You see, I wasn’t always this Beast. I was like you; a human. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn’t be the Beast you hear once in a while in the west wing, today.  You wouldn’t be here, in this tower, and there would be no such thing as talking animate objects in our minds. We’d live our normal lives.

But, to earn your trust, and for you to earn mine, and your acceptance of my apology, I will tell you how I became this Beast, no matter how hard it is to explain. I used to be a prince. My true name is Andrew. So technically, I am Prince Andrew. Though, no one knows my true name, and I’d prefer that be kept between the two of us. Anyways, I was a cold, selfish, nagging, foolish, conceded, careless… The list can go on, on how I was as a human Prince. I stupidly pushed away someone who seemed homeless – who was asking for my help. I treated them as if they were nothing; I believed I was better than her. I then realized that it was a witch, ‘testing’ me, I remember, she said. My punishment – my way to learn what love really was – was to become this beast. The ravenous monster that you’ve probably heard of. I hope my faithful friends Clock and Candle have only said good things, for I wouldn’t want you to be frightened so quickly, since I was just like you once.  Though I strongly believe you weren’t exactly like me, if you understand what I mean, for I was a horrible man.

So, you see there, My Dear Sage, that there is nothing to be afraid of here. I can honestly admit to you, that I didn’t intend on you ever knowing about my story. Though I hope my childish outburst didn’t ruin the chance of you thinking I am just as good as you.

You, My Dear Sage, are very welcome wherever in this tower. Except the west wing. If you go in there, it wouldn’t turn out very pretty.

I give you my oath, that if I ever make an outburst, touch you in any violent way, or scare you at all, you may leave and go back to your home. But, this doesn’t give you permission to make me angry just so you can leave. I really hope, instead, you make another family with my wonderful friends that the witch has blessed me with.

If you were wondering, that was why there is magic here. The witch knew I was going to need help to break the spell, so she gave me friends that wouldn’t dare leave. My butler turned into the Clock. And, my ‘friend’ who I still regret about acting so horrible too, is the always – elated Candle.

Please rethink us starting over, My Dear Sage. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Beast.

Aka: Andrew. Shhh!

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
CH

7:06pm Jul 13 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Should Beast have said the whole 'love' thing?
When I edited it, I thought about it, and realized that, that may have not been the best decision D:

Nouveau

7:12pm Jul 13 2011

Normal User

Ooc// D'aww, that's so sweet.  <3
Hm.  Maybe he should tel her about the love breaking the curse later in the roleplay?  So that's it's a bit more...mysterious?  :3
Anyways, I'll reply in a second.

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
CH

7:15pm Jul 13 2011 (last edited on 7:21pm Jul 13 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
IKNOW<3
Erased the love part~

Nouveau

7:43pm Jul 13 2011

Normal User

Sage opened her eyes to sunlight filtering in through her wall of glass windows.  She yawned, stretching her arms upward in a lazy stretch.  As she did so, an ob
ject fluttering to the ground caught her eye.
Stifling a yawn, she peered down at what appeared to be an envelope.  Not remembering taking one to bed with her, she frowned.  But, then again, she had been half-asleep by the time she entered her room.  The Beast himself could have stepped out of a mirror, handed it to her, turned into a fairy and flew away and she wouldn't have recalled it the next day.  She sighed and stopped to pick it up.
As her hands closed around it, a shivering tingle ran up her arm.  She touched her cheek faintly, a ghost of a memory tickling at her conscious, but not breaking through.  Strange.
Sage flipped the envelope over to see who it was addressed to.  It would be far too early, and she doubted he had a way to get it to her, but a part of her fiercely hoped that the letter was from her father.
"To our special guest, Sage," she read out loud, unable to help the crushing fall of disappointment.
She stared at the smooth paper for a dull moment, riding out the sorrow, and then gently tugging it open as curiousity came over her.  The letter was long--she could tell that just by seeing the long lines of text--but the light was too poor to make out the words.  Sage crossed over to her desk, where the light was more abundant, and nearly knocked over a potted plant sitting on the ledge.
Jumping back, Sage stared at the delicate-looking flower for a moment, and then placed the letter gently on the desk.  She took a seat on the matching chair, and began to read.
My Dear Sage...

Ooc// Hoping this is enough to reply to?  D:  I can add on, but maybe Candle or Clock somes in, and th eBeast invites her to breakfast or something?  /shot.  x-x

CH

7:46pm Jul 13 2011

Normal User

OOC:
OMGVIOLETISCOMINGICANFEELIT<3
Anddd, no no no your fine. xD I'll reply in a moment~

Nouveau

2:27pm Jul 14 2011

Normal User

Ooc//
OMGYOURESORIGHT.  xD
Bump~

Nouveau

12:22pm Jul 15 2011

Normal User

Ooc//
Bumpies~
Where went the CH?  :o

CH

12:27pm Jul 15 2011

Normal User

OOC:
I'm sorry. D:
My internet is down, and I'm trying not to type so much because I'm getting this thing that's kind of like 'arthritis'? IDK what the thing is called, but it's pretty much when I'm working my muscle to much in my hands, fingers, and arms from typing. I'd have to get surgury if I don't let it rest for a bit D:
I'm babysitting also. So I'm poofing on and off. :D

I can't post at the moment. Only posting to ones that I don't try so hard on, you know? The only reason why I didn't just ignore posting to this thread was because I wanted you to know I might not post until later ^^

-is done babbling about nonsense-

Nouveau

12:30pm Jul 15 2011

Normal User

Ooc// That's fine, hon.  Feel better.
xD  I just didn't want this to get lost.  .-.

CH

3:14pm Jul 15 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Sorry this took so long. Babysitting~

BIC:

After I came back to the west wing, I couldn't consentrate the rest of the night. If it is a surprise to you, then yes I still sleep, even though I'm a beast. But whether my body was capable of sleeping or not, my mind wouldn't let my eyes shut. I chose to not even lie on my bed, for I wasn't tired.
All I could think about was how Sage would react to the letter. Maybe, since she would know that we used to be the same, she wouldn't feel so nervous about meeting me, as the beast? I highly doubted that.
Finally realizing that with the situation I was in, I wasn't going to be getting sleep that night, I snuck out of the west wing yet once again this night and padded as calmly as I could manage down the hallways, balconys, staircases. I finally came to the front entrance, where I first watched Sage walk in as I stood by the balcony. As I walked to the front door, I stepped on the rug from before, and he did a soft snicker as he said,
"Is it morning already Beast? Or are you going for a night stroll out in the woods?" For some reason, I felt as though the rug was being sarcastic. Or, having some type of smart remark that he wasn't revealing. I rolled my eyes. I was a beast, and yet these inanimate objects weren't a bit afraid of me.
Well, of course they were, but only when I was enraged.
Except for Candle, who seemed to be...
Well, his usual self. That wasn't always a good thing.
"No." My gruff voice replied. "Just another one of those nights where I need to go outside to... To think. But a stroll does sound lovely, rug. Would invite you but I don't want to hear your smart remarks that aren't fully shown my whole way." And with that, I walked out the front entrance and into the cool night with only another snicker from the rug as a departing gesture.

~

"So you don't know where he is then?" Candle's voice echoed in the hallway as Clock and himself walked to Sage's room.
"Well it's not like he ran away forever. He probably did what he normally does when he couldn't sleep. Just a random walk, he'll be back in no time." Clocks tired voice replied. The whole night, Candle decided to yabber about the first day with Sage, but the bright side was Clock was doing better at holding his temper.
Now if they could only temper the Beast so easily.
Now, that wasn't entirely true. He seemed easy enough when it came to the girl. Sage.
"Great! Then I should make Beast's next move since I know he won't do it himself. They will have breakfast together." Candle replied in a dreamily tone, as if Beast would be delighted by such an idea.
"Are you crazy? Sage and Beast need to meet in their own ti-" Clock couldn't even finish.
"Ah, Ah, Ah..." Candle interuppted with a hand up in his direction. "It's time to tell our guests it's time to have breakfast." And with that, Candle disappeared inside Sage's bedroom. Clock rolled his eyes, and went to the kitchen to help the others with the food.

"Saaaaaage?" Candle asked, as he came inside. Seeing her sitting by the desk, he curiously came over and asked, "Watcha doing there?"

CH

11:16pm Jul 15 2011

Normal User

OOC:

BUMPS D:

CH

11:40pm Jul 16 2011

Normal User

BUMP <3

CH

3:25pm Jul 17 2011

Normal User

lolalolalolalolaaaaaaa
commmmmee baaaaaackkkk sooooooon D:

CH

12:06pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

You can't hide from me lolaaa...

I saw youu online yesterday...

I sawwwwwwwww...

Nouveau

2:09pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

Ooc//
OMGYOUSAWME!  /hides.
Lololol.  Gotta reread your last post and come up with something suitable~  Is it okay if Candle leaves the bedroom so I can introduce Violet?  :3 

CH

2:17pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Surrrrre I don't care. <333333333333

Nouveau

2:31pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

Oocc// M'kay.  It'll take me a while to type this all up, but I didn't leave, dun worry.  <3

CH

2:32pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Take. Your. Time. <3333333

Nouveau

2:58pm Jul 18 2011

Normal User

"Oh!" Sage turned to Candle, her hands releasing their grip on the letter.  It fluttered to the ground as she turned to him.  "I...uh...it's a letter."  She blushed, feeling rude for not handing it over, but something about the way that it was written made it seem like it was for her eyes only.  She frowned at him, then looked to the window.  "I suppose you're here to collect me for something?  Well, let me get ready, and I'll be out in a moment."
Sage ushered him into her receiving room and shut her bedroom doors tightly.  She leaned against the oak frame and sighed.  Not an hour out of bed, and the day had all ready taken an unforeseen twist.  Her eyes wandered to the letter on the ground, a shiver winding up her back at the thought of the way the Beast--Andrew--had written "My Dear Sage..."  Her whole body coursed with the intimacy of the words that wasn't there.
She jerked her attention away from the treacherous collection of parchment and walked into her closet.  Naturally, the entire hall had reconfigured itself so that the day dresses were at the front.  She wondered why it hadn't done so the night before, but maybe the castle had wanted her to see how vastly glorious the thing was.
The thought of a castle wanting something made her giggle.
As she went through rows of clothing, she tried to decide what to wear.  Something comfortable and easy to move around in, but also nice-looking.  If she had to run into the Beast today, she at least wanted to look presentable.
Fingering a buttercup-yellow gown, she decided that the finely woven cotton was probably the least frilly and over-the-top dress of the group.  She sighed and pulled it off the rack.  It slid down as though a hand were helping her from above, and crumpled into her arms like a kitten begging to be pet.  She shook it out and began to undress, but as she began to pull her new outfit over he head, she paused.
The dress kept sliding.  And sliding.  And sliding.
It slid over her frame like a sleek river, fitting to her body as if it were self-tailored.  And it very well could have been.  Puzzled, Sage moved to tie it, but the strings were all ready lacing themselves.  She frowned at the magic, hoping that wearing a magical item wouldn't drive her to insanity.  But things still seemed perfectly normal.
As soon as the dress finished rearranging itself, Sage moved on to find a suitable pair of shoes with the same attributes as the dress.  She chose out a pair of lithe white flats, and pulled them over her feet before they could do it themselves.  They weren't anything too fancy, but they matched the dress well enough, and would allow her to flee a hungry Beast if need be.
Finished, Sage walked to the end of her closet and peered at herself in the mirror.
And almost fell over.
The girl looking back at her didn't look like Sage Alexanders.  She was almost...pretty.  Her green eyes looked bright with the pale yellow of the dress.  Her blond hair fell over her shoulders in a gold cascade that glinted in the sunlight that made its way from her room.  She looked radiant and well-rested, a welcome surprise from the exhaustion of last night.
Sage blinked hard and looked away.  No enchanted mirrors for her.  It would only bring vanity.
Self-conscious now, she smoothed out her hand and her dress, hoping that she looked presentable, and then exited the closet.  Her eyes found the fallen letter again.  She moved to pick it up, but then though better of it.  It would do no good to start thinking of the Beast as human.  Because no human thing would take her away from her family and friends--her life--and spirit her away to an enchanted castle, where he would then write her a letter instead of explaining things in person.  No way.
But something about the way he had written it still sent those little shivers up her back... 
Sage turned away briskly and headed for the door.  As her hand touched the brass knob--
"Love, you're not really just going to leave it there, are you?  It's not every day you get a letter like that--especially from the Beast!"
Sage whirled around.  "Who said that?"
"Over here, doll."
Sage frowned.  The voice seemed to be coming from the desk.  A talking... desk?
"No, no!  Look up here, doll!"
Sage rested her haze on the plant.  Who seemed to be glaring at her with an amused ex
pression.
"Um...who are you?"
"The name's Violet, sweetheart."
"But you're a--"
"Yes, hon, I'm a plant."  Her ex
pression changed to a smug quirkiness.  "I get that a lot."  She sighed and her leaves ruffled in a way that reminding her of the luxurious way a cat stretched.  "It's been a while since someone's been in here, especially a girl with the potential to--"  She broke off, a disconcerted ex
pression now arising.  "It's been a while."
Sage nodded, a smile forming on her lips.  "Well.  It's been a pleasure to meet you, Violet, but I have to be going.  I'll be back soon, okay?"  She had a feeling life must get lonely for a plant.
Violet's flower wagged in a nod.  "Go do whatever it is, doll.  I'll still be here."  Her last statement rang with sarcasm.
Sage's smile brightened.  "Okay.  See you later, I guess."
She scurried out the door, not wanting to process the presence of a talking plant in her room.  She shut the bedroom door behind her and found Candle in her receiving room.
"So, what was it you needed me for?" 

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15