What the..?!?! (Random medieval fantasy)Oh. Hi. You ever jousted a'fore?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 Bookmark Thread
Epona

4:37pm Feb 28 2010

Normal User

Oh.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Joan could not stop her face from flushing as she let the boy pull her with him, understanding what he had meant. If anyone tried anything with her though, she could guarantee that they would get more than bargained for.

Resident mounted archer
Epona

4:43pm Feb 28 2010

Normal User

((Oh! And heres my drawing of -kinda- what Joan looks like. It aint colored. [click]))

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:33pm Mar 1 2010

Normal User

((Woah.))

Dravius smiled and slipped through the trees, dodging trees and hopping over roots. He popped out of the forest near the shell of a house, ransacked and abandoned. Walking inside, he picked up the leg of some king of roasted animal and held it out to Joan. "You want some?" He asked. "I took it from the camp. I prefer my meat raw." He gave a sharp toothed grin and looked at Joan. "Try me on where you're from. I've been nearly everywhere! Nearly to the edge of the world."

"Never bring that horrid drink here again."

"It tastes of blue, not the river-dwelling reptile, as I had thought."

Epona

10:56pm Mar 1 2010 (last edited on 10:56pm Mar 1 2010)

Normal User

((What? O.o))

Joan did not think Dravius's choice of living surprised her. She accepted the meat and turned it over in her hands, thinking how best to answer him. She decided to tell the truth and hope he did not think her crazy.

"Alright," she said with a grin. "Im from 500 or so years in the future from a little town in a state on the western most side of what will be known as America, named such after the Italian explorer, Amerigo Vespucci." With that, she took a bit of the meat, tearing in hungrily. Mouth full, she added. "Not bad for a Junior, eh? I learned that when I was fifteen."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:37pm Mar 2 2010

Normal User

Dravius nodded and said, "Cool." Then he turned back to the wolf and scratched it behind the ears. "Although, what's a Junior, and who's Amerigo Who-what-now?" He added, turning to face Joan. He had grin on his face, and his eyes were bright. "And why are you here, in this time of Richard? Who is the king of Amar-ee-cah in the future?"

Epona

11:06pm Mar 2 2010

Normal User

Joan grinned. "Im in my eleventh year of schooling. Amerigo Vespucci? Meh. I dont think it matters in this day and age; it hasnt happened yet. As for why I'm here..." She frowned and shook her head. "I dont know why Im here, I havnt been able to get any answers. The 'king' of Wmerica changes every four or eight years, then they elect a new one. I dont know whos reigning now; I was taken just before the election. Ironic, no?"

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:17am Mar 3 2010

Normal User

"You get to go to school?" Dravius said with disbelief. "And your king only lives eight years?!"Dravius's mouth dropped open and his eyes were confused. "Why is America so different from England? And why do you choose your king? What if you make the wrong choice?"

Epona

8:35pm Mar 4 2010

Normal User

Joan frowned and huffed. "It aint like I enjoy school; it's eight hours of learning how to be bored." She knew what he meant, though; few children these days had the privlage of getting an education. "America is different from England because we're just that special, and the king," The girl shrugged. "The king is chosen ev'ry four years. He dont have to die for us to get a new one."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

10:13pm Mar 4 2010

Normal User

"Well then, if he doesn't have to die, how would his son be old enough to rule, huh?" Dravius asked with a smile on his face, sure he had backed her into a corner. He tapped his foot on the ground and looked expactantly at Joan.

Epona

12:36am Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Shrugging, Joan replied, sighing. "His son dont rule. Some other man-or woman-takes over. Have t' be a certain age to be the ruler, though." Now she looked around the place ith her hands on her hips.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

10:21am Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Dravius looked confused, then threw his hands into the air in defeat. "Where you come from is hopelessy confusing. Now, we need some money." A creeping smile grew across the theif's face, and he rummaged in a corner of the house before pulling nearly a full set of armor from the refuse in the space. He tossed a purple plumed and silver helmet at Joan and said, "You've ever jousted before?"

Epona

11:55pm Mar 6 2010

Normal User

((LOL. ti
tle ref. XD))

"I agree, it is." Joan beamed, then looked surprised as she caught the helm Davius tossed her way, fingering the purple plume. She held it up in front of her, looking at the oy from one side. "No," She answered, beaming. "About the most Ive done is fenced and mounted archery. Wasnt very good at fencing, though."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

12:13am Mar 7 2010

Normal User

((I couldn't resist...))

"Well, then, we better steal us a horse and get trainin'!" Dravius said, tossing the rest of the armor at Joan. "You got some pretty good reflexes!" Dravius said, then walked up to Joan and handed a shirt of tiny metal loops to her. "I know where to get a horse and some targets, and I used to be a bit of a page when I was younger. Take off your clothes." Dravius ended bluntly, and stood in front of her with his arms crossed.

Epona

11:12am Mar 7 2010

Normal User

((LOL))

Joan stared at Dravius, the chainmail hanging in a wab from her hands. After a while, she shrugged and turned around, slipping the now-dirty white T-shirt over her head,, hair flopping down over her back, tanned from summers spent outside in a swim top. On second thought...she slipped her shirt back on and tied her long brown-blond hair up before laying the mail on the ground and slipping both arms in the sleeves at the same time. Standing up, the neck hole slipped easily over her head. At 1 pounds, the mail felt light.

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

11:20am Mar 7 2010

Normal User

Dravius stepped up to her and slipped a breastplate that was molded for a male and strapped it down, squashing down her breast and winding her. Then he crouched and started strapping on leg braces and gauntlets. He was none to gentle as the cinched the belts on the metal plates. "THne you are going to help me procure a nice black atallion." Dravius said, standing up after he had finished with the leg armor.

Epona

10:55pm Mar 7 2010

Normal User

Joan wavered, mantaining her balance at Dravius' rough handling, nodding as the flexed her hands, curling her finders into a fist and unclenching, getting used to the feel of the plate armour. "Alright, and where might we find this stallion...an' why d'ya wanna stallion? He smells a brood mare and there aint gunna be no stoppin 'im."

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

8:34am Mar 8 2010

Normal User

"To answer your questions, we're gonna find a stallion in the king's pastures, and two, you gonna be on the other side of a fence, and most horses used for Jousting are mares." Dravius answered, plopping the helmet on top of Joan's head. "Now come on." He said, sneaking out of the open door.

Epona

8:57pm Mar 8 2010

Normal User

Joan sighed, sounding rather tinny, and followed Dravius, going as quietly as the armour would allow her, though everynaose sent her flinching. "Maybe we shoulda waited a little..."

((Im do brain dead. It aint even funny)

Resident mounted archer
ferretflitz

9:05pm Mar 8 2010

Normal User

"Nope!" Dravius said misciviously. He marched up to a tall, wooden fence, with a sprawling expanse filled with horses of any color. "You go ahead over there by that white mare, then run back to the house when I tell you to, alright?" He went and leaned agaisnt the fence, waiting for her to move.

Epona

9:28pm Mar 8 2010

Normal User

Looking suspiciously at Dravius, Joan did as told, letting the mare whuffle her, getting her scent. When the horse lipped at a shank of hair that peeked out from the helmet, Joan laughed, pushing her muzzle gently away. "I think I've got work to do..." She explained.

Resident mounted archer
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14