They say you're nothing but a Beast... {Private} ...Are they wrong?

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 Bookmark Thread
CH

2:25pm Jul 6 2011 (last edited on 2:25pm Jul 6 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
Like, it's an slave auction, and he buys her?
OMG I LOVE IT <3

*Celebrates* Yayyyy, third page <3

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
Nouveau

2:27pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

Ooc// OMGINEEDTOPOST.
My brain is frying right now.  Lemme finish my intro for the other roleplay, and then I'll get back to this.

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
CH

2:36pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

OOC:

It's cool <3  Do it whenever <3

Nouveau

3:06pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Blarg.  Here goes (and comes) Nothing~
Bic//
Sage smiled weakly at Candle's kind words.  "Thank you..." she said softly, but balked at his next words.  "I-I'm not sure I'm ready to see him yet," she protested faintly.
She struggled to stand up, to move away and somehow avoid the confrontation that was coming, but she found her feet going closer, instead.  Was this enchanted castle controlling her?  Or just playing tricks on her mind?
She shivered, and had to stop and lean again the back of the couch.  The soft crimson material crushed underher fingers.  So, maybe she had been moving of her own volition...but why?  Sage felt her knees go weak again.  She took a deep breath and shut her eyes tightly, but they remained with the strength of water.  She slid around to the edge of the cough and sank onto it.  "Yes," she mumbled, "I really don't think I'm up to this right now."
Then, she leaned over to press her forehead to her knees, fighting a wave of nausea.  What was going on?  Abruptly, her stomach rumbled.  Of course--Sage felt embarassment heat her hidden cheeks.  She was starving.  Slowly, she sat up, and looked to Candle.  She felt childish as she said, "Um...perhaps it would be better if I...uh...ate before I met the Beast.  I haven't eaten anything since early this morning, when my father and I--" she stopped and swallowed against the tears, and then cleared her throat.  "When my father and I rode out to the castle.  I think it would make a back impression if I passed out during our first meeting."  She smiled wryly, to show that she was joking.  "Could you maybe talk to him and see if he would be willing to wait?"
She bit her lip and frowned at her request.  If moving her to a civilized living quarters sent the Beast into a rage, would a request to delay their meeting be her death sentence?
She added in a small voice, "But...if he would rather meet now, I suppose I could..."

CH

4:06pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

OOC:
<3

I'm poofing a bit today. So don't be surprised if I'm randomly off in about an hour and a half. D<

BIC:

When Candle turned around to see his new friend not next to him, he frowned. His plan really wasn't going down the right path. He slowly walked back to Sage, and watched as she sat on the couch. The look on her face made him think that she saw a ghost. Or maybe, Beast. He chuckled at his own thought, for a second not a care in the world. Then, came back to reality and looked back at Sage.

At her request, Candle couldn't help but do a long hearty laugh. "You...Think...Ha!~" He couldn't stop more breathless laughs coming out of his mouth. He leaned on the couch with the hand that had no flame burning, and tried to compose himself. When he did, he took a deep sigh and looked up at her teary eyed from the laughter.

"You think Beast -eh...Master actually wants you to see him? He would rather hide up in the west wing like he's been doing all these years, then you see him the way he...is." He wiped the tear, and tried to stop another chuckle that was dieing to be heard but being hidden in his throat. "Aahh..." He sighed, smiling to the ceiling while the rest of the chuckles were finally gone. "Trust me," He started again, with a knowing tone. "I'm pretty sure he'd be glad to postpone the welcoming talk with you." Then, while doing what he usually did - talking without thinking - he kept going, "I had to convince him to even talk to you in the first place. He may look scary, but I assure you when he was like you...He was one charmer. But, then again, he was a jerk...and a bit of a chauvenist. Clock would know more, he knew him longer. You should ask him about some examp - " He frowned, mentally wishing Clock was here so that Clock wouldn't have said so much personal things so soon. "Uhm...Let's just forget all that. I'll let him know that you would like to eat first, and like I said, I'm sure he'll be happy with that." And with that, he quickly scurried out of the room, hoping he didn't say to much of Beast. He wouldn't be very happy about her knowing to much too soon.

~

I would have been more impatient if I wasn't able to hear the conversation inside. The second I heard her explain that she was hungry, the Andrew in side me was dieing to come out and go make food for her at that moment. That would be 'wooing' her, right?

But, I couldn't draw away from the conversation. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that she's not very 'excited' about seeing me, but I couldn't help but feel dissappointment. There was still a side of me that didn't want to give up, and that side was being eaten alive by that dissappointment that I felt.

As I heard Candle ramble, I felt the Beast coming back. Dieing to strangle the little candle stick until his lights faded. Why wasn't Clock in there, yelling at him when he went to far with his words? Frowning, I was just about to get the still hiding Clock in there to stop the conversation, when I saw the door open, and Candle coming out, breathless from running to the door.

"She would like to-" I didn't need him to stop, I already heard.

"Eat first. I get it. Tell her I said go ahead." I said, happy that she postponed. And with that, I padded along, back upstairs, to the highest part of the west wing.

~

"I hate how he always hides up there..." Candle muttered to himself while walking back to Sage. He looked at her with a smile, and said, "Time to dine. Shall we?"

Nouveau

5:57pm Jul 6 2011

Normal User

Ooc// No worries.  :)  Sorry I poofed a bit ago--had to do chores, take a shower, etc.  >->
Sorry the post is so short.  I'll write more once there's more for her to do.  xD
Bic//
Sage smiled in relief.  "Thank you," she said for what seemed the millionth time that day.  Who would have thought that she would be thanking a talking candestick?  The idea made her smile, but lessened her gratitude not one bit.  "So..." she grinned wider, pausing for dramatic affect.  "Food?"
She walked to the doorway, listening for a beat to see if there was heavy breathing, growls, or whatever other noises a Beast would make coming from the hallway.  But the silence was just that, and she pushed it open eagerly, her stomach giving another loud rumble.  Despite the pang that accompanied it, Sage felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders.  Postponing the meeting with the Beast was a ridiculous relief, especially since she would still have to do it later.  Perhaps her hunger was just making her light-headed.
As Sage walked out into the hallways, she paused and waited for Candle.  The idea of getting lost in this magical, maze-like place made her frown, so she turned back to wait for him.  Another thought came to mind, thinking of Candle.
"What were you saying about him?  'When he was like me?'   What....what does that mean?"  Sage's gut twisted at the thought that the Beast had once been human.  Nothing she had heard about him had seemed remotely human to her, though she could believe the jerk and chauvinist parts, but a human...?  She sighed.  Who was she to judge?  Perhaps she should talk to Clock, and see what Candle had meant, since he had so suddenly steered away from the topic.  Thinking of Clock, she realized her little chaperone had disappeared.
"Clock?" she asked loudly, listening to her voice carry down the hallway and out into the surrounding corridors.  "Where did you go?"  Sage doubted he would hear her, but if he was close by, she wanted to ask him what Candle had meant.
Sage shook her head and closed her eyes, overcome by another pang of hunger.  Maybe she shouldn't worry about those things yet.  She had the rest of her life here, after all.
Sage just hoped the food was good.

CH

10:21am Jul 7 2011 (last edited on 11:20am Jul 7 2011)

Normal User

OOC:

How did I miss you posting on this at 5:57? D: I know I was on....

BIC:

Candle couldn’t help but let out another chuckle as he followed her out the door, mentally scolding himself for not asking about her ‘hunger status’ sooner. What kind of host tries to make a guest feel welcome, but not bring any snacks? In his defense, he did plan on asking her, but then Beast roared and had a juvenile temper tantrum, which made his thoughts go focused elsewhere. 

When they reached the hallway, Candle – for the first time – frowned at Sage because of her question, and said, “It’s not something I should have said. Personal stuff, very personal…” Succeeding in keeping his mouth shut, and resisting the urge to tell her the whole tale, he plastered his eternal smile back on his candle face. Just as he started walking again, and planned on apologizing for his random sternness with her, Clock came to them, since he heard his name called, with a even more stern face.  “Personal!” Clock exclaimed, and then added while catching up to them. “What did you say, that was so personal, Candle?” He put his stubby hands on his plump hips. Oh, the joy of being a clock? (haha…)

Candle left his smile on his face, clearly not fazed at his scolding. "Don't worry Clock, I stopped before I talked about the spell, and the whole him being like her scener-"

"Oh, shut up Candle!" Clock screamed as loud as a stubby clock could strain to get - which was surprisingly loud for him - while walking toward Sage, saying more calmly, "Don't listen to Candle. He may bring light, but that doesn't mean he's...Well, bright." (OMG MORE PUNS..I think thats one haha. :D) He suppressed another scolding look in his direction, before looking at Sage. "I heard you call my name as I was about to walk to Beas- Master. Did you need something?"

Candle, finally remembering to turn back on his light in his left hand, turned it on, and said, "I'm taking care of her food..." Before quickly running away before Clock could tell him to stop. He already knew he was going to get a even bigger scolding when their guest was in bed.

Nouveau

6:33pm Jul 7 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Your puns....  |D
Bic//
Sage smiled down at clock, a sheepish ex
pression surely obvious on your face.  "Did I need something?  Well, no.  I guess I was just wondering where you were..." She wasn't how much to say.  She was worried the Beast had smashed him to pieces?  She was feeling scared and lost without these two unlikely allies in this scary, magical place?
Sage sighed and leaned against the wall.  The cold from the stones seeped in even through the thick weave of the tapestry.  She was tired and hungry, virtually alone in this huge, unknown place.  And the only remotely human--and she wasn't sure even of this--thing around was the Beast.  And don't forget the part about two animate-objects-that-shouldn't-be were her closest things she had to friends.  For her, it had been a pretty busy day.
"So...Candle said he was going to get the food.  Should we follow him, or just wait for him to get back?"  Sage peered down the hallway, trying to see if she could catch any of Candle's light.  But he was long gone.
She walked along the corridor, again appreciating the rich reds and golds of her new residence.  One thing to be thankful for was that the Beast had allowed her to remain here.  The thought of the dungeons sent a prickle of shivers down her spine.
Sage couldn't help but be amazed at the thick rug that crushed around her feet.  It had to be deeper than her hand.  Curious, Sage bent down and thrust her fingers into the soft weave, proving her theory correct.  A rug or two of this quality probably would have been enough to buy her family's house.
As the familiar prickling of tears came, she sighed and fought them back.  She was never going to be able to remember home in a happy way if all that she could think about was tears.  She swallowed tightly, and conjured the image of their small countryhouse again.
Once upon a time, their family had once lived in a much grander house, in the city.  Father had been a wealthy merchant.  Sage and her two older sisters had lived lavishly, though Sage had much preffered her tutors and books to the cordial social events her sisters fawned over.  Then tragedy had struck, and Father had lost his entire merchant's fleet to pirates and storms.  They had moved outside of the city, still a day's travel away, but the village that they had called home was much quieter.  Sage had liked it there better, even if she didn't such and extensive library.
That thought made her wonder how her books were doing, and if Father would--
She stopped and swallowed again, realizing that a stray tear had run down her cheek.  Sage straightened, and wiped it away.  No time for tears.  You're better than that.
Turning around, Sage focused a sunny smile on Clock.  "Well?"

CH

11:37pm Jul 7 2011 (last edited on 11:38pm Jul 7 2011)

Normal User

OOC:
This RP is of now, 15 pages, with 10,117 words <3 *Get's excited with big numbers*

And, I just came back from a base ball -  minor league -  game, and exhausted. I tend to hate crowds, and it was very much crowded, so now I'm all irritable and blah blah blah... So sorry if you find my response a complete fail D:

BIC:

Ever since Sage has been around, Clockwas the scolding, ruiner of fun. It wasn't like he was proud of it, and it didn't mean he had nosoft side. Immediatly, when he saw his and Candle's new friend (Not Beast's just yet) on the brink of tears, he fought the urge to be like Candle and hug her with his stubby little arms. He was suppressing the urge so hard, that he didn't answer her question the first time. He didn't even hear nor understand.

Coming back to himself at her 'reasking'  the question, he cleared his throat, and said, "Oh. Yes! He probably already has some done already..." He started while motioning her to follow as they walked, my as well be the wing man to Beast now. "You see, ever since the deal started with You and Master, Master has been already planning things to make, and before you came here today, some of them were already in the oven, ready to be taken out now. Which probably is part of the reason Candle ran off in such a hurry." He chuckled to himself, knowing full well it was only because he was frightened by Clock.

OOC:
Some words a bundled together. Sorry, I always edit my posts like 437823 times, and it kept erasing letters as I wrote knew ones. I dunno. D: haha

CH

11:01am Jul 8 2011

Normal User

OOC:
up  up up up up up up :)

Nouveau

12:42pm Jul 8 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Sorry, I won't have time to reply to roleplays this morning, but i haven't forgotten.  D:  I'm off until 7 pm Res time, due to a party, and then I'm off again to a concert.  /shot.  I'll try and reply tonight~

CH

2:56pm Jul 8 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Alrightayyy! I'll keep it bumped up <3

Nouveau

8:08pm Jul 8 2011

Normal User

Sage felt the corners of her mouth lift in a smile.  An image of the Beast cooking was an awkward one at best.  She couldn't help but disbelieve Clock.
"The Beast planned meals for me?" she asked, skeptical.  "But I thought that he had wanted me to be kept in the dungeons.  It hardly seems logical to feed me well down there."
She didn't much care about how he answered, though.  Thinking of food made her mouth water and stomach grumble.  Loudly.  As it let off another embarrassing roar, she felt her cheeks heat with blush.  Why hadn't she eaten before she entered the castle?  The answer was, though, that she wouldn't have been able to stomach the food at the time.
She remembered her sweaty palms, slippery on the reins of her horse, and her attempt at soothing the animal as they approached the wrought-iron gates.  The gelding had been almost frantic as he side stepped through into the Beast's domain.  Sage had felt like throwing up.  Her mouth had been dry, her stomach somersaulting as she walked willingly into her prison.  There would have been no consideration of food.
But now, her stomach was practically yelling for it.  She swallowed, trying not to think of what delicious things could have been baked for her.  Or, at least, she assumed that they would be delicious.  The Clock had talked, it sounded as if the Beast had planned her meals for hours.  But, even if they were just mush and a stale water, at least it would be hot.
Sage wasn't lost to the fact that the castle did seem slightly chilly.  She hadn't noticed it at first, through her relief at being out of the dungeons, and her room had been heated to the perfect extent, but walking through the ornate hallways, she felt the small bite of it through her tunic.
She examined her clothing with a frown, tugging the fabric tighter.  She hadn't had a chance to change into more appropriate dinner wear, for obvious reasons, and now wondered if it would be suitable.  Sage just hoped she would be dining alone, save for the company of Clock and Candle--if she was lucky.
Despite the cold and her hunger, though, Sage was lost in awe.  Each hallway was as elaborately and richly decorated as her residential one, filled with a myriad of colors, each wall adorned with tapestries and artful paintings.  The two staircases they descended were gilded and so richly carved she wondered if she had slipped into a dreamlike state because of her roaring hunger.  The dining room was on the ground floor, it seemed, as well as the kitchens.  Clock led her (Powerplaying?  D:) through several more elegant halls into the large dining room, which was set for what seemed a tenth of the crowd it could hold.
Sage's breath would have caught at the sheer enormity of it if she hadn't been so hungry.  The walls were the same monotonous stone, but they arched high above into a beautifully frescoed ceiling.  The walls were hung with a multitude of fine tapestries, each brilliantly colored and depicted breathtaking scenes.  The floor was a rich, warm hardwood style set into a criss-crossing pattern that made her dizzy to look at.
But all that Sage could really focus on was the dining table.  It was big enough for ten, she thought, and was a plain brown.  The surface was scuffed, though polished and clean, with several gouges running through it.  No food was set on it yet, but Sage could delay the question no longer.
"Food?" she asked, turning to Clock. 

CH

11:11am Jul 9 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Sorry I took long to reply to this. I didn't even see it D:

And, I don't blame you for PPing. I'm not givng you much to work with lately D: hahaha I don't care. :D Well at least with you. When arrogant writers power play, it's different. *Cough* this friend of mine *Cough*... :PP

Omg, I kind of want Beast to eat with her. But, it would be kind of wierd if at first he doesn't want her seeing him, and then all of a sudden being like 'I'm going to eat with you,' blah blah blah...

BIC:

Clock nodded his head, just now realizing he wasn't doing a good job at being this 'wing man' for Beast. Surprisingly, he guessed Candle could have done better. Maybe it was now time to change the subject. He couldn't help but chuckle at her stomach, and then said,

"Why don't we get you something to eat?" And with that, they started walking down the hallways to the kitchen. While passing the breath-taking hallways, Clock found himself reminiscing to when the spell first taken place. He shuddered as he remembered Beasts' reactions to the smallest things. The memory made himself oddly silent the whole way to the kitchen. If Candle were there, it wouldn't have been so silent. Candle would probably be blabbing about stories that kept giving her more and more  personal detail about the Beast. Clock hoped she hasn't already put the pieces together.

When they were close to the kitchen, Clock could hear Candles' sing-song type voice, talking to the other 'objects' in the room. Would Sage be able to handle it? He chuckled to himself, and kept going. Choosing to see her reaction to the objects - like tea cups - talking, instead of warning her.

No one was in sight as they first walked in, and there was only a moment of silence before Candle jumped into view to answer Sage for Clock.

"We didn't know what you did and did not like so we decided to do the meals a little differently." He motioned for her to follow as he walked around the table and came to another fancy long woodened table that usually is not there, with a white lacy table covering. Roughly twice the size of the dining table. "Were doing more of a buffet, so you can choose what you want." He said with a smile, going to the torches latched on the walls, and lighting each of them to make a warmer glow around the room. "Drinks will come soon." He said, before handing her a plate and leaving her to pick and choose what she wanted from under the fancy platters surrounding the large table. Clock dissappeared to go help in the kitchen. "I'll be right back." He said, before leaving with Candle.

Nouveau

12:35pm Jul 9 2011

Normal User

Ooc// D:  Blah, it's hard not to powerplay in a one on one.  I'm so sorry.  x-x
...Maybe the Beast has a change of heart....?  :3

Bic//
"Thank you!" Sage called after her receding friends, but her stomach was all ready taking over.
The plate was still warm in her hands, perhaps freshly washed.  It soothed the slight chill in her hands before she began to heap food onto her plate.  Normally, she wouldn't have taken half of the portions she did, but the howling in her stomach denied her a level head for what she could consume, and what would burst her belly.
Sage added buttered bread, rice, roasted beef and chicken, some sort of exotic salad, and a heaping of mashed potatoes.  She also got a steaming bowl of some sort of stew, which aromas of carrots and cooked meat made her mouth water.  She took her findings to the table, where only one place was set at the head of the table, and set down her now-heavy plate and bowl.  The soup sloshed over the side of the bowl, making a small splattering of broth on the lacy white tablecloth.  Sage frowned at it, hoping it wouldn't stain.
Then, unable to summon up the politeness to wait for her hosts, she dug in.
Her hands hesitated over the ranks of spoons, forks, and knives aligned on either side of the plate, but after a heartbeat of hesitation, she chose one at random and tucked into her meal.
The warm fluffiness of the mashed potatoes filled her mouth.  They were exquisite, to say the least.  The taste wasn't overpowering, but had just the right amount of herbs to make her want more.  She finished them in record time.  Sage moved onto the salad, then the beef, and then the strip of chicken.  Each dish was so finely made, she couldn't help but mentally laugh at her past worries about the food being awful.  As she finished off the last grain of rice, and then bit into her final buttered roll, she leaned back in her chair, content.
The though occurred to her that the Beast could just be fattening her up, but at the moment, Sage couldn't really care.  Candle and Clock had said that they'd be right back with the drinks, and they weren't back yet.  That meant Sage had eaten her whole meal in just a few minutes.  A small giggle burst through her lips, amused at her own hunger.  She eyed the buffet table again, and then took her plate to add a few pieces of melon topped with proscuitto (favorite food...couldn't resist!  xD).  She took more time to select the knife and fork she would use, and then waited for her hosts to return.

CH

1:21pm Jul 9 2011

Normal User

OOC:
omg, that post made me laugh :D I wouldn't be able to eat even half of what Sage ate D: hahahahaha ohhh myy <333 Love <3

Don't reply to this, or better yet, don't even read it. I haven't edited the post so there are probably a lot of errors.

BIC:

After about 10 minutes in my room, I couldn't help but completely hate the way I was with Sage. Hate the way I am all together. After another 5 minutes of fighting the urge to look in the mirror just to drown in my hatred of myself, I finally started trying to think of something else. I made my mindset of not giving up on Sage - on breaking the spell - until I had no more time left. Until then, I'll woo Sage in any way possible. And, that started out with apologizing.

The rest of my time in the west wing I used to practice every word I'd say aloud to her. After having everything in my head, I realized I still couldn't have her see me. How stupid I was to just listen to Candle! I groaned and felt another pang in my heart. If I just looked like her, I'd already be down there, charming her heart. Feeling another wave of a temper tantrum coming on, I punched the wall just enough to have me feel better. I doubted anyone heard it unless they had the animal senses I had, so thankfully Sage wouldn't hear the pound on the wall. I sat for a long while, after calming down. How will I talk with her?

After not having any idea how to talk with her, without her possibly seeing him, he went to his desk that had scattered papers all over it. That's when the idea came to him. It might make him look cowardly. It might make him look worse then he already did.

But, he'll write to her instead of talking to her. With that, he went to his desk and put all the words he had in his head on paper with his feathered ink quill.

~

OOC:
I'm kind of rushed, so I'll get back to this post to reply with Candle and Clock. Don't reply :D

CH

9:13pm Jul 9 2011

Normal User

OOC:
Sorry for copy and pasting this again. I just don't like not being able to see your post while I type, because I usually use yours to make mine if you get what I mean D: Anyways, hereee it is~

BIC: 

After about 10 minutes in my room, I couldn't help but completely hate the way I was with Sage. Hate the way I am all together. After another 5 minutes of fighting the urge to look in the mirror just to drown in my hatred of myself, I finally started trying to think of something else. I made my mindset of not giving up on Sage - on breaking the spell - until I had no more time left. Until then, I'll woo Sage in any way possible. And, that started out with apologizing.

The rest of my time in the west wing I used to practice every word I'd say aloud to her. After having everything in my head, I realized I still couldn't have her see me. How stupid I was to just listen to Candle! I groaned and felt another pang in my heart. If I just looked like her, I'd already be down there, charming her heart. Feeling another wave of a temper tantrum coming on, I punched the wall just enough to have me feel better. I doubted anyone heard it unless they had the animal senses I had, so thankfully Sage wouldn't hear the pound on the wall. I sat for a long while, after calming down. How will I talk with her?

After not having any idea how to talk with her, without her possibly seeing me, I went to my desk that had scattered papers all over it. That's when the idea came to me. It might make me look cowardly. It might make me look worse then I already did.

I'll write to her instead of talking to her.

With that idea, I went to my desk and put all the words I had in my head on paper with my feathered ink quill.

~

When Clock and Candle got to the back of the kitchen while their other friends - note: Objects - helped with the rest of the food, and discreetly watched Sage sometimes through the door with giggles of excitement, Candle asked, trying to look nonchalant.

"So...Did she ask you any...questions?" There was a moment of pause before he heard Clock's reply. He guessed it was because Clock didn't know what they were talking about at first.

"No. Sage is too lucid to think I'd answer the questions you answer." Candle rolled his eyes, knowing it was slightly true. Finally, after the talking cups were filled with tea, Candle smiled brightly while walking back to Sage.

When he came up to her, he smiled and said,

"I hope we satisfy you?" She looked quite satisfied so he guessed she was.

"Can I see her now, can I see her?" The cups that Candle was holding said. They knew all about the spell of course, and they also knew that this girl was able to break that spell. They have been dieing to see her - like all the others in the kitchen.

"Sure, sure." Candle said, rolling his eyes. Not wanting to share his new friend. He gave her a smile as he handed a tea cup to her.

"She's prreetty!" The tea cup said excitedly, as it was handed to Sage. "I gotta remember to tell mama!"

CH

10:09pm Jul 9 2011

Normal User

OOC:
BUMPSIES <3

CH

10:32am Jul 10 2011

Normal User

OOC:

Bumpsies <3

CH

3:56pm Jul 10 2011

Normal User

OOC:

UPUPUPUP <3

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15