Kovu's Pride

Go to page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 Bookmark Thread
Wolfwinx

4:49am Mar 2 2010

Normal User

OOC: lol They'd turn the Pridelands upside-down xD

Zallion looked around him, feeling slightly dazed. Blood was everywhere, and he could see that Kovu and Zhaine had lost many lionesses and lions. Sighing, he staggered to his feet. Rain was still pouring heavily, washing away the blood on his body. He wondered if Ignition was safe, if he'd ever see her again. He made his way through the carcas.ses, calling her name in a low tone.

Akari closed her eyes. The water felt good on her face. When she opened them again, she noticed she was lying next to Kalima.
Krillacreat

4:01pm Mar 2 2010

Normal User

Ignition fell over and gentley thumped her body against the soil. "Ignition!" Bumble, Convoy, and Kovu all called out as they ran to the sickly lioness.

Alcarie

8:19pm Mar 2 2010

Normal User

Kalima sagged in exhaustion and looked up at the pouring sky, wondering if it was the lost lions and lionesses wailing at their deaths. Closing her eye, she relished the cool water washing the blood from her fur and the surrounding area. Sensing another lioness beside her she did not care if it was even Ignition, she was not moving. Mentally the lioness wondered who had won the battle and who has survived. Praying to her fallen father she hoped her mother and Kismet were alright. Deciding to rest for a few more minutes then she would find them.

Tinkers
Wolfwinx

10:05am Mar 3 2010

Normal User

Zallion heard familiar voices call Ignition's name. He felt a cold hand grasp his heart, for she didn't call back. He limped over to the lioness, wishing she was okay, "Iggie?" he asked softly, pushing her gently with his nose. "Are you alright? Speak to me, please!"

Kismet flinched. The pain went all through his body as he attempted to move. He felt his mind was going black for a minute, then his eyes flew open. Where am I? Then he remembered - the battlefield. Groaning slightly, he tried to push himself up, unable to stand. His hind paw looked broken, and every muscle in his body was making him wince.

Akari rolled over to her side. Suddenly her body bumped against something still warm. A lioness. She stared at her, recognizing her instantly. Kalima! Akari poked her with her nose. She had no intent to hurt anyone anymore. She felt the water trickle down her nose and drip on Kalima's face. Glancing up, she wondered where Fang was, and hoped he was not badly hurt.

Kiara was at Kovu's heels. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears, along with the patter of raindrops and thud of feet. 

Alcarie

3:43pm Mar 3 2010

Normal User

Groaning as someone poked her sore pelt, she opened her eyes and glanced at the other lioness. Isint she one of the pridelanders...oh yeah Akari. Blinking, se culdnot must even a pinch of anger or hatred towards the other lioness. Instead she just felt sad and tired. Blinking at the other lioness, she nodded in aknowledgement.

Tinkers
Wolfwinx

6:16am Mar 4 2010

Normal User

Akari smiled weakly. "This war is over, and I don't think either side won." She looked around her. All Akari could see was lions and lionesses from both sides scattered everywhere. Some still could move a little, others just lay there, motionless. Akari stifled a sob and turned back to Kalima. "I can't believe no one learnt from the last war that battles are useless." She sighed softly, and continued. "I think the death toll in this one's much much higher than last war's." She strained her ears, trying to hear the calls of the lions and lionesses, but if there was any, the sound of raindrops drowned them all.
Alcarie

4:05pm Mar 4 2010

Normal User

Kalima smiled a sad smile as well, surprising herself. "Yes, we both lost so many. I feel terrible, in a way." She whispered, eyes scanning the ground fo movement of lions she knew. "Perhaps after all of this mother will see." She mentally wondered if some lion or lioness had bashed her head harder then she thought. She was speaking treason, and something she never would have thought she was capable off. Maybe it was the ound bleeding red, or the memory of those she loved and might never see again that shifted things. But she still thought that the pridelanders were unfiar, if not slightly noble.

Tinkers
Krillacreat

4:08pm Mar 4 2010

Normal User

Ignition mouthed something weakly. "Quit- is that it, Cousin Ignition?" Bumble whispered into her ear. He then suddenly heard what the two-walkers called "gun fire" and faced the direction of the noise. He instantly felt uneasy when he saw a bloody elephat topple down to the ground.

Wolfwinx

8:03am Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Akari's head jerked up at the noise. "What is that?" she whispered, her eyes widening in fear.

Zallion gently licked Ignition's cheek. "No, Iggie. This isn't the end. Never ever give up hope, Iggie. Never." His ginger mane fell gently over her forehead as he spoke. That was when he heard the gunfire. "Huh?" he asked, looking up, into the gloom. "What's going on?" he thought out loud as the beast fell. He glanced down at the weak lioness. "Look after her till I come, will you?" he asked Bumble, and sped to the origin of the sound.

Kismet looked up, startled, and recognized the sound instantly. Having had experiences of such things, he knew humans were here. Biting his lip, Kismet forced himself to a standing position. His body hurt, but curiosity compelled him to explore. And then he saw Kalima. "Kal!" he gasped, limping painfully up to her. "You okay?" He saw Akari at her side and grunted, but made no move to fight, for she did not look threatening.

Alcarie

8:25am Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Kalima jerked her head up at Kismets voice, then regreted the movement. Blinking to make the world stop spinning she smiled at him. "Fine, I think." She said, then forced her wobbly legs to pick her up. Trembling for a second, she tested her strength and was delighted to see walking got easier. Limping towards him, she pricked her ears at the downed elephant. "Im glad yor alright, I was starting to get worried."

Tinkers
Wolfwinx

8:43am Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Kismet smiled at her, then glanced at the elephant. "Humans are here, I think. They are a major threat to our existence. I've encountered quite a few on my voyages, and almost every encounter was a test of brain and brawn. Some weren't so bad, though." He chuckled as he remembered one of his encounters - with a photographer. He had scared the poor chap out of his wits then. There were, of course, incidents when they freaked him out too.
Wolfwinx

4:22am Mar 8 2010

Normal User

OOC: Bump
Wolfwinx

11:40pm Mar 10 2010

Normal User

OOC: Bump again
Alcarie

4:09pm Mar 11 2010

Normal User

Kalima forced herself to smile back, not seeing what had made him laugh when a creature that could easily kill one of them was taken down. "I dont see how they could be to good." She asked, walking a bit closer.

Tinkers
Wolfwinx

10:50am Mar 12 2010 (last edited on 10:50am Mar 12 2010)

Normal User

Kismet stopped Kalima by placing a gentle paw upon her tail. He shook his head, and said. "Oh, they aren't. But see those big stuff they're holding?" he asked, indicating the rifles. "Well, they are. Those guys can blow the head clean off an animal the size of a full-grown lion with that!" Kismet took a step forward and said, "But we can drive them away at the cost of a few bruises."

And lives. Zallion thought, giving Kismet a sidelong glance. "Don't be daft, Kim!" he growled, turning to stare at the two walkers, then looking back worriedly at the lioness stretched upon the ground. I'll protect you, I won't let them take you away. Just hang on for a while. He saw on of the humans shielding his eyes from the rain and looking in their direction. "Look 'ere! Ah see a couple o' them lions lurkin' o'er 'ere!" He seemed pretty old to be hunting, but that was what he was doing, all right. Taking aim at them, he continued, "We could use 'em for a couple o' stuffings."

Krillacreat

3:50pm Mar 12 2010

Normal User

A female of the two-walkers' species held its hand up. "Don't fire, Jim!" she explained as she held up a chart. "We're here not to just simply kill, but to kill those infected to keep populations stable." She then saw the lions and lionesses, Convoy and Bumble easily sticking out from the rest. Then she noticed Ignition. "Call for back up!" she called, racing towards the lioness.

Wolfwinx

8:32am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

OOC: Anyone wants to be Vitani and/or Sahara? If not, I'll be both.

Zallion, his lips curling back to reveal his canines, blocked her way. "Over my dead body." he hissed at the two-walker, a lock of hair from his mane dangling in front of his steely eyes, dripping with water.

Kismet rolled his eyes at Zallion. "I'd step away for them if I were you. They might help." Zallion gave him a how-can-I-trust-you look, and lowered his head, his eyes still on the human, ready to pounce if she got any nearer. "You heard what she said: she'll kill her, and there's no way I'm letting anyone do that." "How can you be so sure? I know 'cause I was a rogue, a wayfarer. I've traveled to lots of different places, encountered a lot of these creatures, and I know. What do you, a pride lion, know of them?" Kismet reasoned. Zallion did not relax his stance. He said nothing, but he clearly did not trust Kismet, for he felt he wanted to take revenge on him for treason, by indirectly being the reason of Ignition's death. "Besides, she might die either way." Kismet continued, but said nothing more as Zallion snapped, "Shut up!"

Though the two-walkers did not understand the conversation, the one who was addressed as Jim raised his gun again, although he had, at first, nodded and mumbled, "Aye, sure." He frowned as he said, "That 'un o'er 'ere - the ferocious-lookin' 'un - I'll shoot it for ye cause it dun look like it ain't gonna give way."

Krillacreat

10:22am Mar 13 2010

Normal User

The female two-walker slowed and titled her head at Zallion. "We're not poachers, Sir," she softly chuckled as she kneeled in front of him and pulled out a tiny rodent from a bag upon her hips. "We are more like scientists and park rangers." She then tossed the rodent towards Zallion and watched as it landed near his feet. "Would you like to live in America with me?" she cooed as she began to wiggle towards Ignition.

Wolfwinx

4:54am Mar 15 2010 (last edited on 4:56am Mar 15 2010)

Normal User

Zallion made no move to let the two-walker pas.s him. Hackles raised and fangs bared, he protectively stood over Ignition. Then he looked down at her. "I'd never forgive myself if I lose you," he whispered softly into her ear. He looked up at the human again, hoping she wouldn't harm her. Sighing, he stepped aside, an appealing look replacing the aggression in his eyes. The rodent lay at his feet, and he toyed with it, though his eyes were on the lioness beside him.

Kismet glanced at the other two-walker, who had the gun cocked and ready. He was a hunter in his early years, Kismet deduced from the way he looked around. There was a strange look in his eyes, as if he wanted to shoot at every creature that moved.
Wolfwinx

11:01pm Mar 17 2010

Normal User

OOC: Bump
Go to page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37