Need Help? We're Here for You!

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 Bookmark Thread
Eiji

1:32pm Mar 18 2013 (last edited on 8:57pm Nov 28 2017)

Normal User

Hello, everyone! My name is Mugiwara, or Mugi if you please. :) Our lovely staff team is here to help you with any questions you might have about the wonderful world of Res. We also gather feedback to help improve the site, so check out the Suggestions forum sometime and tell us your ideas!

You can easily spot us in the shout box by our colored usernames, and in the forums we're marked with our job ti
tle under our Human Avatars.

You can see the full list of staff members tle="" target="_blank">here!

Joining a new site can be overwhelming, and new users often end up feeling lost or frustrated. We want you to feel safe and at home on this site, and we'll be here even after you've gotten the hang of things. It's our job to do whatever we can to help you in any way possible. Please don't hesitate to rmail any of us (particularly Content Managers, Support or Moderators) if you don't want to post your question in the shout box or on the forums.

If you have ANY questions at all, or if you'd just like to say hi and tell us a bit about yourself and your interests, please feel free to post. <3 We're here for you!

water51

1:02pm Mar 23 2013

Normal User

hey, do you know how to change ur profile background?

LIVE LAUGH LOVE <3
Eiji

2:29pm Mar 23 2013 (last edited on 2:30pm Mar 23 2013)

Normal User

Hello water. ^^ Here's a simple code for backgrounds.

<style>body{
     background:url(BACKGROUND URL HERE);
     background-repeat:repeat;
     background-attachment:fixed;
     background-position:center;
}</style>

You can change the position of the background by replacing "center" with "top", "bottom", "top left", "bottom left", etc.

Just paste the code into the box in your profile preferences. <3

Arcadia7

5:16pm Apr 9 2013

Normal User

Hello! I'm really new here and I'm Italian, so I sometimes have little problems with english language xD
For that reason I have a question...how can I do a quest? Some of them ask to find items, so I guess where I can find them...maybe I have to buy them?
By the way I love the pets of this site x3
Thank you
Eiji

5:44pm Apr 9 2013

Normal User

Arcadia - Welcome to the site! ^^ We're happy to have you here! 

You can find items for quests by searching for them in search bar up at the top (that will take you to user merchant shops), or by going to Shops, then NPC Shops and looking for the item in one of the shops there. For example, the Toy Quest would require items from the Squishy Shop or the Toy Shop.

You can also search the Item Database under Information to see where an item is sold in NPC Shops.

I hope that helped! If you have any trouble, please don't be afraid to ask. <3

Arcadia7

6:25pm Apr 9 2013

Normal User

Oh, I see! Thank you for your answer :)
At the moment I still have some difficulties here...but I'm learning a lot of things!! :3
Spottedrain

1:59am Apr 16 2013

Normal User

i joined a while ago but have just come back, a few pets i had before have been moved to the graveyard, i have the resurrection potion but i dont know how to bring them back to life.
Eiji

4:16am Apr 16 2013

Normal User

Spottedrain - You'll need to go to your Graveyard, which is located on Reiflem in Otroe Circle. Here's a link if you're not sure where it is. 

You need to look at your dead pet's ID number, then have a pet from your profile selected (this is because you can't use items without having a pet selected first). You go to your Inventory, click on the potion, find the dead pet's ID number, and use it. This will bring your pet back to life. You can also just look for your dead pet's name if it hasn't lost it yet.

Hope that helps!

raebug2008

6:15pm Apr 16 2013

Normal User

Hello, im new here and i was wondering since im at school most of the time and want to keep my pets alive where can I buy food to put in my food bin? anywhere where food doesnt cost alot?
Eiji

6:24pm Apr 16 2013

Normal User

raebug - If you go to "NPC Shops" under "Shops" (located on the blue bar up top), you can find a vast array of food shops. A favorite among players is Antonio's Pizza, which can be accessed by clicking the icon with the guy who has pizza behind him, haha. :) You can try the other food shops, too, of course. And there's always the search bar located at the top, where you can type in a food's name and buy it from Player Shops.

If you don't want to worry about your pets dying at all, I would suggest putting them in your Show Room. They won't age, but they won't go hungry, either!

raebug2008

8:05pm Apr 21 2013

Normal User

Thanks that helps alot
johomo

9:00am May 27 2013 (last edited on 9:00am May 27 2013)

Normal User

"I am a ghost
Of a girl
That I want to be most.

I am the shell
Of a girl
That I used
To know well." ♫♪♫♪
lilsoccergirl01

9:36am May 27 2013

Normal User

how do you get the resurrection potion?

lilsoccergirl01 That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eiji

9:59am May 27 2013

Normal User

johomo - you have 7 days until the eggs spoil (seasonal eggs take a year, and CS eggs never spoil), then 7 more days until they rot, I believe. :)

lilsoccergirl01 - underneath "Games", click on "Quests". There, you should see the Resurrection Quest. Provide the quest giver with the items she needs and you'll receive a Resurrection Potion. The items can be found in user shops or NPC shops. Healing Water and Super Healing Potions are found in The Pharmacy and Blessed Flowers are found in the Atqueen Forest from time to time when you pick flowers. <3

johomo

11:43am May 27 2013

Normal User

How can I customize my profile? Like add a background? 

"I am a ghost
Of a girl
That I want to be most.

I am the shell
Of a girl
That I used
To know well." ♫♪♫♪
Everly

6:47pm May 27 2013 (last edited on 6:51pm May 27 2013)

Normal User

@johomo-
To add a background, you need to put this in the place where you can revise what text is on your profile:
{just copy/pasting this above, hope you don't mind that Mugi! ^^"}

<style>body{
     background:url(BACKGROUND URL HERE);
     background-repeat:repeat;
     background-attachment:fixed;
     background-position:center;
}</style>

Keep in mind you can change if you want to repeat your background where it says background- repeat by putting in yes-repeat.
I believe all images will repeat automatically if they do not fit the background. ^^
If you want to rmail me, I'm more than willing to teach you a bit of coding.

B
ut I would highly recommend going here if you want other coding help.

http://w3schools.com/

If you just want to fairly simple things, feel free to shoot me an rmail and I'd be more than willing to give you the proper codes.

But to further customize your profile, you can use HTML or CSS, two forms [and I believe the only] that will work with res to customize your profile, almost however you want. ^^
There are quite a few people [including myself] who code profiles either for ourselves, or others.
If you ever feel like you just can't, you can always save up tu to purchase a custom one from them.
Or, they might do it for free.

I know a coder {Imaginary} has some free profiles for new players. Just keep in mind to leave the credit! <3

http://www.rescreatu.com/forum/cat/general/introductions/pretty-profiles-for-you/~page/1/

Hope this helps!

Rockin3021

12:49am Jun 1 2013

Normal User

What exactly are creatu effects, and how do you get one on a creatu?
Everly

10:35am Jun 1 2013

Normal User

Ah, that's a great question Rockin! <3
Creatu effects usually are released with certain events.
The first effect was the Stardust effect, which came out with the Comet Festival in the summer of 2012.
You'd do a few quests and get a stardust urn (not quite sure) to use on your pet from Scria.
Or I think sometimes your pet could randomly get the effect?
Then, the site released the Gold Stardust Urn, which could only be bought with a currency bought with real money.
That urn you could apply on any species, but some don't have the art so I believe it was just for CS pets.
Here's an example of the stardust effect:

Then, the CS (cash/credit shop) released the cosmic salve, which gave your pet the cosmic effect.
An example is here:

Not all CS pets have the effect though, and keep in mind I believe it's just going to be for CS pets.
Then there was the Ice Tunnels event, the second most recent event where you could get the Frost Light effect.
You would venture through the tunnels, and try to get to the end.
But a numerous amount of events could happen, the pet slipped, never got there, etc.
After you used your turns, you wouldn't be able to go again with that pet for the day.
Then there was the ice apple, that gave them an extra turn.
But anyway, if they got to the end they could get the frost light effect directly.
Or, they could get a frost light icicle which gave the pet the frost light effect.
Only certain creatu got the effect though, but who knows? Res might bring out more next year.
Here's the frost light effect:

And the last effect, the ageless effect. The ageless effect came from the easter quests this year.
It doesn't change the look of the creatu, but if used on an adult creatu, if used once (it's a one use item)
it would turn the pet to the teen stage, while it would still have the same age and still age.
It's just for people that love the teen stage or baby stage of one creatu, basically.
Mutants however, don't have this effect, but it still could come.
Two ageless extracts used will put the pet to the baby stage forever until you change the effect on the pet. ^^

I hope this helped, sorry for being so wordy!

Rockin3021

3:32pm Jun 1 2013

Normal User

Thanks, wordiness is fine by me. Also, what about the Undead effect?
Zen

5:23pm Jun 1 2013

Artist

For that effect you will need a " Curse of the Undead" 
dun dun duuunnnn 
scary name ;-;

^ A "Curse of the Undead"^

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8