Need Help? We're Here for You!

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Bookmark Thread
Zen

1:18pm May 4 2016

Artist

Nope, sometimes the  Malcom, the back market NPC will block you from going into his shop. 
(this helps keep black market item prices high)
It'll last until next reset.

Rescreatu123456

8:14am May 6 2016

Normal User

But isn't reset midnight? He's been blocking me for 2 days.

It is mostly random items, but I have some pretty cool stuff in my merchant shop.
Snow

4:53pm May 6 2016

Normal User

Yes, reset is midnight res time. That's just unlucky that he's been blocking you for two days; they aren't related at all~ When you visited the shop today he decided to block you again, it wasn't a continuation from yesterday. I wish you better luck for tomorrow :D

-
Rescreatu123456

11:29am May 9 2016

Normal User

What is "The Hack?" As in the "Hacked" Trophy?

It is mostly random items, but I have some pretty cool stuff in my merchant shop.
Snow

8:05pm May 9 2016 (last edited on 8:05pm May 9 2016)

Normal User

Many years ago (September 2008, I believe), Res was hacked and couldn’t be accessed for a few weeks. Staff managed to get the site up and running again but a lot of the site’s data had been erased, which meant that a back up from a few months prior had to be used. Unfortunately this meant that users lost some items and pets in the process. You may also hear this hack referred to as the “rollback.

The trophy, as its descri.ption says, was received “for logging in during the first week of our recovery from the hack”. I guess it’s to reward users’ devotion to the site for not giving up and continuing to check back while the recovery took place ^u^

Fortunately, nothing of the sort has happened since and measures have been put in place to hopefully prevent anything like it happening again. c: 

-
Rescreatu123456

2:17pm May 19 2016

Normal User

How is "Prehistoric" status achieved? Is it for a creatu's age surpassing the current year?

Snow

5:17pm May 19 2016

Normal User

Prehistoric pets came from when V2 was created (we're in V3 now), and all pets on profiles in V1 became Prehistoric. There's also a glitch to do with auctions that caused a few other pets to become prehistoric.

-
Rescreatu123456

10:07am May 24 2016

Normal User

How do you remove food from the foodpen?

Snow

3:51pm May 24 2016

Normal User

You can't :( You can however send it to someone else directly from the food pen by clicking on the item.

-
Rescreatu123456

11:27am May 26 2016

Normal User

So in theory you could send the food to yourself from the foodpen?

Snow

3:54pm May 26 2016

Normal User

No xD It won't let you send items to yourself.

-
Rescreatu123456

9:05am May 27 2016

Normal User

Aw ok just checking because I accidentally put a tiny green apple in my foodpen and I wanted it for my item gallery. I'm working towards having one of every apple. Luckily I got another one.

Sphenaaia

7:01pm Aug 29 2016

Normal User

Where are the enchanted springs?

Please check out my rancher shop and possibly also my merchant shop
Snow

2:10am Aug 30 2016

Normal User

Sphenaaia - on atquati

Click "explore", then "atquati". It's the little blue pool on the brown island. :)

-
Sphenaaia

2:31am Aug 30 2016

Normal User

Thanks

Sphenaaia

2:45am Aug 30 2016

Normal User

How do you get creatu effects?

Snow

3:08am Aug 30 2016 (last edited on 11:36pm Sep 25 2016)

Normal User

Effects are obtained in different ways:

Undead - Curse of the Undead used on a dead pet. Also a chance to receive the effect while taking part in Halloween events.

Frost light - Frost light icicle or through using the ice tunnel during the Christmas events

Derp - all pets hatched on April first (and sometimes a couple of other days) receive the effect 

Stardust - Silver Stardust Urn (only for Scrian creatu), Jade Stardust Urn (Relcorian creatu) or Gold Stardust Urn (all creatu). Also obtainable in an event called the Comet Festival.

Cosmic - Cosmic Salve (from the Cash Shop). Only available on Haberisar, Cyid, Noctis, Liyure and Jahra.

Ageless - Ageless extracts (one for adolescent, second for baby)

Custom/One of a Kind - When it opens, custom effects can be ordered from the Cash Shop for 1000cp. Can also be won through occasional site contests.

This is a super quick summary of the effects so if you want more information on anything don't hesitate to ask :)

-
DeadlyDarkDog

1:39pm Oct 1 2016

Normal User

Hi I started today, how do my creatures grow up / when do they grow up?
Snow

2:58pm Oct 1 2016

Normal User

Hello, welcome to res! :)
All pets on your profile will age by 1 each day. At the age of 15 they will go from baby to adolescent and at the age of 30 they will become adults.
They will continue aging each day if kept on your profile.

Mutants do not have an adolescent stage so will age as usual except that they will remain a baby right through to age 30, when they will become adults.

A pet will not age whilst kept in a showroom or rancher shop.

You can also use an item called a Regression Ray to "zap" the pet to age 0,15 or 30. These Rays are very rare and expensive but sometimes you can pay other users to zap for you :)

One thing to remember is that pets on your profile must be fed or else they'll starve and die :c To feed them you can either stock your Food Pen or you can hand feed them from your inventory. :)

If you need anymore help feel free to ask! ^^

-
stormchaserr

6:08pm Oct 1 2016

Normal User

hello! so i just joined yesterday and have zero idea what to do now. where does one start, typically?
Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8