Because somewhere out there, there's a Kuro waiting to pounce [Kuro x Typo, more can join]

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Bookmark Thread
mychelle1212

6:47pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

"It seems I've gotten her a bit riled up,"  Serrela replied nonchalantly to Jesca's exclamation.  Draining the rest of the cocoa, she smiled at Lucai when he spoke.  "It's touching that you're worried about me Lucai, but I'm not helpless.  Quite a shame though, I just promised my sister I wouldn't cause anymore trouble."  She sat the mug down on the table with a bit more force than was necessary.  "But, since you've "gone off the edge", as Jesca pointed out, it seems I have no choice."  

Scowling at the last statement, Serrela stood from her chair and swiftly stepped in front of Beka, kneeling and grabbing her shoulders with both hands.  Her pupils dilated till her iris was almost invisible as she began to scour through the girl's memories.  "Now, let's see what you're hiding in here, little lizard," she taunted.

((I'll leave the rest up to you, Det.)) 

"I WISH THAT PUNCTUATION HAD A PHYSICAL FORM SO I COULD SMOTHER YOU WITH IT."
Detneth106

7:53pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

[Dewd, Serrela doesn't want to know what Beka's memories are. O__O;]

Logo
mychelle1212

8:06pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

((It doesn't have to be all her memories.  Just a single bad one that Serrela can latch onto.))

Detneth106

8:13pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

The being which was no longer Beka, but the inner monster that dwelled within her, narrowed its eyes at Serrela’s delving. ‘Kekeke, do you wish to know my most secret memories. I have none of my own. I am but a shadow that lies captured within this human vessel. Perhaps if you try hard enough you could access the human girl’s---‘

The oily, sly voice was cut off mid-sentence as Serrela dug into its memories, dropping to its knees with its head bowed. ‘Agh…’ the monster moaned, clawing at its head with long pointed claws. Images flashed before its inhuman eyes.

A small girl standing alone in a meadow surrounded with the dying and dead bodies of a herd of deer, hands covered with slick red blood, tears streaking down her cheeks.

A fire burning high as it devoured a large townhouse, red and blue flames licking the sky in their fury. The stench of burning people and animal alike filling the surrounding air as a girl sits in a small heap, an older boy hugging her gently.

The taste of blood filling the girl’s, now a teenager, mouth, the bright red liquid spilling out of a man’s torn neck. The girl swallows and grins, revealing shining ivory fangs red with the precious lifeblood.

The monster lifted its head and growled at Serrela with fury. ‘What are you?’ it hisses balefully, clawing at its head and leaving long gashes behind, spilling dark black blood.

Logo
mychelle1212

8:38pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 8:39pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

No longer in her own body, Serrela flipped through the girl's memories with an almost bored attitude, ignoring the creature until it began clawing at itself.  "What am I?" she repeated.  "Just a bystander who wanted in out of the rain.  But then that girl challenged me, and I became curious as to her true nature, so I invited myself into her mind.  But, instead I found you."  She walked closer to the monster, surrounding the two of them with Beka's memories as she did.

"You don't like these, do you?" Serrela asked, gesturing around them to the memories she had pulled forth.  Her lips pulled back from her teeth in a predatory smile.  "I could stay here all night, making you watch them.  But, I made a promise to my sister, you see.  So, if you'll simply give back control of this body to the girl, and cease causing trouble, I'll gladly leave.  There's no gain for me in tormenting you, anyway."

Detneth106

10:56pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 11:00pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

The monster snarled but bowed its head in aquescience. 'Alright, but I'll get you someday,' it hissed as the scales slowly faded and its eyes rounded out into more natural eyes. The claws that rested against scaled cheeks slipped into invisible sheaths with a small swooshing noise and the tail faded out of existence. All that was left was a rattled Beka, who kneeled on the carpet shivering with disgust.

'God,' she whispered, grasping the small silver cross that hung around her neck. 'Never again. Damnation, why did Jace have to be half-dead now?'

Logo
Grimoire

11:06pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 11:07pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

Aes stopped during his journey to stoop down and look at some flowers. Hannibal joined him, and they had a pleasant conversation on the beauties of nature and life. Hannibal suggested Aes should do some gardening around the house, but really, Aes didn't have a green thumb so sadly declined. He'd have to ask someone else to do it.

Nerves easing slightly, Aes stopped and sat down on a rock. It was your average rock. Big. Gray. A bit mossy. Sighing in contentedness, Aes scratched Hannibal behind the ears and hummed a tune. The cat, though enjoying the affection, flicked an ear in irritation and turned around.

"Did you hear that?" He asked. Of course, what he actually said sounded more like "mrrroor" and was little more than a growl in his throat, but Aes understood that perfectly. "Hear what? I don't hear anything?" Aes peered into the shadows, shadows easily picked apart, and shrugged a shoulder.

After a moments hesitation, Hannibal leapt off the rock and padded off. Aes sputtered, watching him leave. "Han! Where are you— wait for me!" And he skittered to a standing position and jogged after the fast cat.

photo 40 - DSZVXzV_zpsj5zwxtwe.jpg
Detneth106

11:08pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

[I think Imma be in love with Hannibal. Can I take him home? ^o^]

Logo
mychelle1212

11:20pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Serrela smirked at the creature as she felt Beka's mind regaining control.  "You're welcome to try, creature," She slipped back into her own body with a parting shot.  Her pupils contracted, and she pulled back from the girl who was now kneeling on the floor, breaking their contact.  Serrela could dimly hear her twin raising a fuss in the background, but her focus was on Beka in front of her.

"Well, that was unexpected," she mused.  "How long has that creature been a part of you?"

Shaking, Sheyla leaned on the chair next to her for support.  "You just promised me you wouldn't cause anymore trouble," she leveled accusingly at Serrela.

"And I didn't," her twin snapped back at her.  The kneeling twin gestured at the girl in front of her.  "She's back to her normal form now, see?  No bloodshed or broken furniture, even." 

mychelle1212

11:20pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 11:22pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

((Damn double posts!  Damn ALL the double posts!))

Detneth106

11:24pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Beka winced at Serrela's calm tone. 'Ever since I was born,' she snapped, or at least attempted to. Her voice came out hoarse and scratchy, the way it always sounded after she had gone through that sort of shifting. 'A drawback to my ability I guess. It's half-me half-saurian, a hybrid.'

She pushed herself up and balanced on the edge of the couch, shaking her head to get the blood back into it. Jace seemed undisturbed by the entire affair, but the simple movement of his sister caused to him to jerk himself awake.

'Beka, you didn't,' he accused frightfully, pulling himself up into a sitting position. He didn't remember much since the shooting, but he knew the look on her face and could tell what had happened. 'You tried, and failed,' he whispered gently, putting one tanned hand on her pale forearm.

Logo
Grimoire

11:42pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 11:48pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

[[xD Aes might be upset, but he would consent to it if it were Hannibal's decision.]]

"Look, there is a house. Who do you think lives there?" Hannibal's stump of a tail wiggled in curiosity, and he looked over his shoulder at his gasping and jittery human friend. Aes dropped down on all fours to peer at the cabin with his furry friend. "I... huuuh, I don't know Han. Maybe banditss. Or murderersss. Or women." His face blanched and he had to scoot farther behind the bush they were crouching behind.

Hannibal would have rolled his eyes at him. "The sound came from here. Very strange. Something... unnatural was at work." He said, in one verbal meow, as he sat back on his haunches. Aes stared at him, biting his lower lip. "Un-unnatural? Well, well then maybe we ssshould get going, back to the hotel..." Visions of dark cults and sacrifices flooded Aes's mind, and he started to stand.

"Just a peak. I am curious." and Hannibal prowled to the door.

Aes's hands flew into the air. "You know what curiossity did to the cat!" he moaned, in a whisper as he walked after him. Hannibal might have laughed, had he been equipped with the ability to do so. "Yes, but generosity brought it back!" he purred, and leapt up onto the nearby windowsill to peer inside.

Detneth106

11:48pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

[I love Aes too. You have such an amazing posting ability. I love your insecure characters. <3]

[And I thought it was satisfaction. O__O;]

Logo
Detneth106

11:54pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

[UP]

Logo
Grimoire

11:56pm Sep 22 2010 (last edited on 11:57pm Sep 22 2010)

Normal User

[[Making my characters quirky and weird is fun. xD gotta shake it up sometime and play someone different.

And I've heard the saying a few ways. o_O so I can't say for sure which is right. the satisfaction one I've seen around more, but for some reason I always liked generosity (since it rhymed better, I think).]]

Detneth106

11:58pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

[Who knows. Things change through the ages. For all we know it could be 'And dancing monkeys brought it back'. O_o]

Logo
mychelle1212

7:25pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

Serrela stood up and stretched slowly.  "Well, now that that's over, are you feeling any better?" she asked Beka.  "You need to get better control of that thing if you intend to be around people for any amount of time, my dear.  There won't always be someone around to snap you out of it when things get tense.  And stop glaring at me like that Sheyla, I kept my promise."  She sauntered back to her chair without another word.

Shooting another dirty look at her twin, Sheyla knelt next to Beka and Jace on the couch.  "I am really, really sorry about her." she apologized miserably.  "She usually just ignores everyone, but occasionally she takes these spells and feels the need to cause trouble."  She caught a flash of movement in the window and took a closer look at it.  "Jesca, is that your cat out there?"

Grimoire

7:57pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

"Bad news, Aes; there's women." Hannibal pressed his nose to the gla.ss and peered around at everyone. Hard to tell what the situation was, but it sure was crowded in there. Aes made a noise of fear as he crouched below the window, looking ready to bolt at any time. "No worries though, most of them aren't even that good looking." Hannibal continued, snuffling on the window and twitching his whiskers.

Of course, how could he judge people anyway? They were all pretty ugly in his opinion. His gold eyes glinted when Sheyla spotted him. "Abort mission, abort!" and he jumped off the windowsill, landing right on Aes's head. "Oooww! Hannibal!" And there was a bunch of hissing and spitting from both parties as they tried to right themselves and take off into the woods.

If there was anything more frightening than a woman, it was explaining to an angry woman why you were outside her window in the dark and the mud. Blaming the cat never works as an excuse.

mychelle1212

10:14pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

((We needs us a Kuro in here D8))

Detneth106

10:37pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

[And I need to figure out if I can post. This is a test.]

Logo
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7