[Warrior] Midnight's Bark [Cats]

Go to page: 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Bookmark Thread
InvalidNumbers

9:49pm Oct 15 2010 (last edited on 9:49pm Oct 15 2010)

Normal User

((sorry, i lost the thread for a while))

Name:Oatkit

Clan:dawn

Deion:light cream with 1 green eye and 1 blue eye. the one white paw looks like a splash. the splash paw is also splayed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(i drew this myself)

Personality: very energetic, and always getting into trouble.

Crush:too young

Kin:open

Other:

99% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. I am one of the 1% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACK FLIP!"
Detneth106

4:28pm Oct 16 2010

Normal User

[It's sort of a must when it comes to fighting. I really don't care as long as you don't do the whole 'Daypaw grabbed Blackpaw and slammed him multiple times into the ground muzzle-first.' Because I will be a mad Detty. :c]

Flailing awkwardly Blackpaw slammed into the ground, dust rising around him as he choked and coughed. "Nice move," he acknowledged with a weak grin. "Considering you're smaller than I am. I suppose speed does count for something," he allowed.

Flipping back onto his paws he padded over to Dawnhaze and sat by her. "Can we actually learn now? I want to learn that move Crimsonsky used last time she fought. That was amazing!" There was a bright light shining in his eyes as he remembered that battle tactic. Crimsonsky had literally flipped the attacking fox onto his back using only her forepaws.

[Can you invent a move for this? xD]

Logo
Tld

10:10pm Oct 16 2010

Normal User

[[...The move would involve a cat with very well-muscled front legs XD I have a Warriors Book describing most of the tactics used in the books. It's kind of hard for a cat to flip a fox onto its back unless it has a friend, or is very strong. Foxes are almost twice the size of a cat, I think.]]

Daypaw sat up triumphantly. "That's what the DuskClan cats always say." She purred with amusement. She twitched an ear. "I prefer killing moves." She muttered darkly, hoping Teakwing, Blackpaw and Dawnhaze did not hear.

---

Dawnhaze twitched her whisker in amusement. At least the apprentices were eager to learn, for once. "You're a bit small for Crimsonsky's attack, Blackpaw." She purred. "But perhaps some partner-training with Daypaw could help. Both of you could take down a fox together." She looked at Teakwing for approval. 

Detneth106

10:15pm Oct 16 2010

Normal User

[Hmmm...probably an underfed and skinny fox then. O.O And Crimsonsky is a fairly strong cat for her size. I guess she was just boasting and Brambleslash actually did all the work for her. She most likely just makes sure that he's not around when she tells this particular story.]

Shrugging indifferently at her dark answer Blackpaw gave a small grin. "Wouldn't be able to land one of those if your opponent has an impenetrable defense. I think you should be balanced in the two."

Blinking his eyes in gratitude at Dawnhaze's encouragement the black tom licked his chest fur self-conciously. "I'm not that small," he muttered with a shy grin. "But I bet me and Daypaw would make an excellent team!"

Logo
Tld

10:27pm Oct 16 2010

Normal User

[[Mrr, an underfed skinny fox would be more likely. But I guess we're as-suming that Singe's pack is well-fed, since no cat dares to attack them now. And I replied to your SwiftClan thingy, Det >< Sorry. ]]

Dawnhaze's eyes twinkled with amusement. Blackpaw certainly was an energetic apprentice, eager to learn. 'He would make a great warrior.' She thought happily, flicking her tail. "You two would make a fearsome pair." She admitted, eyes still sparkling. "Alright, let's start the training. Remember, partner-fighting is one of the most useful moves in battles. You two are protecting each other, and fighting at the same time." Dawnhaze huffed, heaving herself to her paws and standing in the middle of the clearing, opposite from the two apprentices. "Alright, I'm a big, well-fed fox attacking your camp. What're you going to do?"

---

Daypaw looked at Blackpaw. "I think we should attack from both sides!" She hissed to Blackpaw, making sure Dawnhaze couldn't hear. "What do you think?" Daypaw knew they couldn't stand around and discuss tactics for long, Dawnhaze would grow impatient and start her attack.

[[Pfft. Copied this move from the Warriors handbook.]] 

Detneth106

10:50pm Oct 16 2010

Normal User

[It's alright. ^o^ And I hope they aren't copy righted Tld. xD]

Twitching his whiskers thoughtfully Blackpaw tilted his head and studied Dawnhaze. "Look like we're both rushing for her right, then at the last minute you switch and go for her left?" he meowed softly in her ear. "After all, you're faster than I am."

Flicking his tail he pointedly stared at Dawnhaze's back, narrowing his eyes as if concentrating greatly. The she-cat might be a warrior, but even they could be fooled by the simplest of tactics.

Logo
Tld

2:13am Oct 17 2010

Normal User

[[...-checks- S'alright, I guess XD ]]

Daypaw twitched her ear. "Good plan, Blackpaw." She hissed back. "Don't crouch on the ground, give her a surprise by bursting at full speed." She followed what Blackpaw did and stared at Dawnhaze's paws, giving the warrior the impression that Daypaw would be diving underneath her. She flicked her tail to signal the attack, and then hurtled towards Dawnhaze. 

Tld

9:11am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

[[bump o~o]]

Detneth106

9:22am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

Giving out an ungodly battle cry Blackpaw followed Daypaw, still looking at her back in a deadly concentration. Hit her flank, the flank, he coached himself furiously, imagining the move he would make in his mind. It had to be flawless to work. If he crashed into Daypaw or hit Dawnhaze at the wrong angle, the whole fight would fall apart.

His paws thundering on the ground like a pounding heart, Blackpaw narrowed his eyes and suddenly jinxed and went out a bit farther, then turned again so he was now running full-tilt for her flank.

Logo
Tld

9:39am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

[[Mrr, perhaps its time Daypaw's power starts wakin' up. Hope this doesn't sound like PPing, Det.]]

Daypaw heard a voice which sounded too much like Blackpaw. Hit the flank, hit the flank. It said. Daypaw glanced over, wondering why he was saying their tactics out loud, but Daypaw noticed his mouth did not move. What's happening? Daypaw thought, confused. Blackpaw, what are you doing? She thought, unknowingly projecting her thoughts to Blackpaw's mind. 

---

Dawnhaze watched the apprentices with a slight look of apprehension. What are they doing? Dawnhaze thought, watching them as Daypaw and Blackpaw streaked towards her. 

[[Guh. Short post.]] 

Detneth106

9:50am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

[S'okay]

Blackpaw nearly crashed into Dawnhaze instead of a practised attack, suddenly hearing Daypaw’s voice in his mind. What? He thought in a shocked sort of way when he heard a simple, ‘Blackpaw, what are you doing?’ in his mind. Blinking in confusion he just managed to fix his charge back up, feeling his muscles tense as he leaped into the air above Dawnhaze.

I just heard Daypaw in my mind, he thought numbly; barely aware of his attack now as he thought about what had just happened. Is…StarClan? He thought.

Logo
Tld

10:01am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

Daypaw changed her battle strategy, watching Blackpaw pounce up to land on Dawnhaze. She did feel strange when she saw Blackpaw react to her thought. It's not like he can read my mind, right? She thought, then heard another echo. I just heard Daypaw in my mind. That was definitely Blackpaw. This time, she let out a yowl to both Teakwing and Dawnhaze. "Stop! Stop!" She said, sitting down on the ground, eyes filled with concern. This couldn't be a coincidence, for her to hear him. Does it link to my dream with Flamestorm? Daypaw looked up helplessly at the sky, hoping to see her old mentor's friendly, ginger face and warm amber eyes.

---

Dawnhaze slid to the other side, narrowly avoiding Blackpaw. She was about to comment on his attack, but stopped out of concern when she heard Daypaw's yowl. "Are you alright, Daypaw?" She asked. The apprentice shook her head, appearing dazed. She seems really... spaced out. Thought Dawnhaze, but her concern grew when Daypaw's eyes seemed to stretch out in horror as soon as Dawnhaze thought of that.

---

"Umm... can I talk to Blackpaw?" Daypaw asked. "We need to discuss battle strategies. That last one didn't come out the way we planned." She blinked innocently at the warrior, hoping it convinced Dawnhaze. She felt a sympathetic flicker through the mind of Dawnhaze, and the she-cat nodded.

Detneth106

10:30am Oct 18 2010

Normal User

Nodding empathetically Blackpaw agreed with Daypaw. "Uh...yeah. We sort of didn't communicate properly. I almost hit Dawnhaze full on and I could have hurt both of us."

At leas this wasn't a lie. Blackpaw knew he could have broken something by hitting Dawnhaze that hard. It was best to go along with Daypaw at any rate.

Pausing an idea formed in his mind. Can you hear this? he thought at Daypaw, wondering if had just been imagining the thoughts or if she could actually read his mind.

Logo
Detneth106

8:13pm Oct 18 2010

Normal User

[UP]

Logo
Tld

8:21pm Oct 18 2010

Normal User

Dawnhaze nodded. At least he tells the truth. She thought, watching as the two apprentices retreated to a corner in the clearing. Sighing, she padded to sit next to Teakwing. "Is the training going on alright?" She asked, semi-concerned. "Perhaps we should have taught them a few moves first, before acting out a battle." 

---

Can you hear this? Daypaw heard a voice echo inside her mind. "Yeah, I can." Daypaw replied to Blackpaw's thought out loud, then shut her mouth. She decided to test out something. Then can you hear me, Blackpaw? She thought, projecting and willing the thought to go to him. 

Detneth106

8:25pm Oct 18 2010

Normal User

Nodding anxiously the tom shot a look at their mentors, but they seemed deep into their conversation. "Yes," he meowed nervously, pawing at a small curled up leaf with one paw. Sighing gently he turned it over and watched idly a small ladybug crawled over it.

"What's going on?" he wondered out loud, though not too loudly should the warriors hear.

He mainly asked this question to the ladybug, and touched it gently with one paw. Opening his mouth to ask Daypaw something he watched wordlessly as the once living being crumbled into...dust?

Logo
LadyTsunade

11:36pm Oct 18 2010

Normal User

[[ sorry, my laptop was taken away. What did i miss? ]]

Red is the colour of fiery passion and I. Am. Flaming~
Tld

2:40am Oct 19 2010

Normal User

[[Nothing much, it's just a training session c: Daypaw and Blackpaw just discovered their powers.]]

Daypaw leapt back with a startled squeak when she saw Blackpaw turn the ladybug into something that looked like dust. She waited for awhile, then, deciding it was safe, nervously padded forward. What did you do? She thought, projecting the thought towards Blackpaw. Daypaw didn't want them to attract the attention of the mentors. She unsheathed her claws, and nervously trailed the dust of the ladybug.

Detneth106

10:05am Oct 19 2010

Normal User

I don't know, he replied in mind-thought, confusion shining brightly in his eyes. I...un-did it, he sent to her in a cautious tone. He wasn't sure if it was the correct word, but it seemed to fit what had just happened. Ladybug did not simply collapse into dust.

Logo
ssgarcia97

11:17pm Oct 20 2010

Normal User

Teakwing watched the apprentices practice with Dawnhaze quietly, most of his attention on his apprentice. She's doing well. He thought with a flick of his tail. He looked at Blackpaw and wondered what the apprentice would do, but quickly turned to looked Daypaw when she said 'stop'.

Teakwing glanced at the two apprentices before turning to Dawnhaze. "They looked like they already had something planned out, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have taught them something first." He replied. "What do you think they're talking about?"

~~~

Dingopaw watched the dog run off and then turned to his mentor. A large smile appeared on his face at her praise, and the thought about becoming a warrior just made him excited. But he was what? Around ten moons old? Didn't apprentices need to be around twelve moons old to become warriors?

He shook the thought out of his head and then glanced in the direction of camp. "Should we go tell the clan about the dog?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. "Or will we hunt a little first so we can bring some prey back to camp?"

Go to page: 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9