[Warrior] Midnight's Bark [Cats]

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Bookmark Thread
Tld

3:41am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

[[S'alright, Garcia, I haven't been that active.]]

Radiantmist shook her head. "No, Heartrain is more wounded." Radiantmist said, her eyes still closed. She slowly started licking her bleeding shoulder, wincing at the sharp taste of blood. 

---

Sunflare shook his head. "It's not our fault Whitefire and Froststar died, Skystar." He mewed. "And their deaths were very... sudden." He blinked sadly and looked up at the sky which was turning a vibrant blue. "Sunhigh is near." He murmured, twitching his ear.

---

Daypaw twitched her ear to acknowledgement to Blackpaw. "S'alright, Blackpaw." She muttered, still thinking about her dream. "So, have you seen Teakwing, Dawnhaze?" She asked, turning her blue gaze to the older female warrior.

---

Dawnhaze blinked at Daypaw. "Oh, no. I'm sorry, Daypaw, but I don't think I've seen Teakwing today." She said in a hushed and quiet voice.

Detneth106

8:09am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

The tom shivered as a gust of wind ruffled his short fur, hunching his shoulders. `It may be close to sunhigh, but it`s as cold as Dark Forest right now,`he meowed in a grumpy tone, shooting the bright sky a dark look.

`Though, after all,`he conceded quietly, `It is almost leaf bare.`

-

`You mean Teakwing`s missing?`Blackpaw squeaked in worry, giving Dawnhaze an alarmed look. He didn`t think that Teakwing had been taken or killed by the foxes, but it certainly could have happened.

`You don`t think...the foxes did it?`he asked in a quiet voice, gulping audibly at the thought.

Logo
Tld

8:51am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Sunflare nodded. "The foxes picked a good time to attack." He mewed grimly. "We might be busy tending wounds and hunting for food at the same time." Sunflare shook his head. "We better not discuss about it anymore, Skystar. Such talk could bring bad luck." He flicked his tail uncomfortably.

---

Daypaw sighed inwardly. "No, I don't think so." Both Daypaw and Dawnhaze said. Dawnhaze looked mildly concerned for her apprentice, but Daypaw could only radiate slight irritation. 

ssgarcia97

9:13am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Wolfstorm hesitated before nodding and looking in the direction Heartrain was in. He dashed up to her side and touched her ear with his nose, looking to see if she was conscious. "Hold on, Heartrain, I'll get Icepelt." With that he dashed to the medicine cat's den, his fur prickling with worry over his clanmates, and poked his head into the den. "Icepelt, Heartrain needs some help."

~~~

((I already made Teakwing say good morning to Daypaw *pokes page four*, but I'll just make him do it again.))

Teakwing padded up to Daypaw, hoping that she wasn't annoyed or anything like that because he hadn't come earlier. "Good morning, Daypaw." He meowed in a pleasant tone as he swished his tail. He gave a nod as a silent way of saying 'hello' to the other cats around and, as he waited for Daypaw to say something, began thinking of what they could so today.

~~~

Dingopaw tried letting out a fierce warning hiss to the dog, but he thought it didn't sound very fierce. Would the dog be able to tell that he was scared by the way he hissed, or how his tail tip flicked nervously from left to right?

He shook the thought from his head with a small shake to the right and then took a threatening step forward, his fangs bared and claws unsheathed. 

Tld

9:27am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

[[Really? Oh, sorry then x.x I have to go soon, bedtime.]]

Heartrain looked up to see Wolfstorm dashing off. "No...wait!" She called out feebly. "Radiantmist is in a worst condtion, I bet." She mumbled, watching as their potential new leader had sank to the ground. The only way Heartrain knew that Radiantmist was still alive was by watching her sides heave up and down.

---

Daypaw looked around to see Teakwing. "Oh, good morning, Teakwing." Daypaw nodded her head in acknowledgement. "So, what shall we be doing today?" She twitched an ear in slight anticipation.

---

Dawnhaze twitched her tail to greet Teakwing. "Perhaps our apprentices could train together, Teakwing!" She said enthusiastically. The truth was, Blackpaw is her first apprentice, and Dawnhaze hoped that she could learn a few tips from Teakwing. She twitched her whisker uncomfortably.

ssgarcia97

9:57am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Teakwing flicked his ear and thought about what they could do, but the thoughts about that disappeared when Dawnhaze spoke. He gave nodded to her in reply. "That's a good idea," he answered and then turned to his apprentice, wondering if she was okay with it. "Are you all right with that, Daypaw?"

Tld

10:12am Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Daypaw looked up at both of the older cats. She shrugged. "I'm fine with anything today, Teakwing." She replied in her usual quiet voice. "How 'bout you, Blackpaw?" She nudged the other apprentice. "I bet we'll hunt down lots of prey today, or cover many battle-moves!"

---

Dawnhaze twitched an ear when Daypaw mentioned battle-training. "Battle-training!" Dawnhaze meowed. "That's a wonderful idea, Daypaw! We need to teach you more moves, especially now that the fo-" Dawnhaze paused at the word 'fox' and looked away in a guilty fashion. She didn't want to bring up that subject with any cat.

[[Gotta go now. Baibai! ^_^ ]]

LadyTsunade

12:27pm Oct 12 2010 (last edited on 12:35pm Oct 12 2010)

Normal User

Icepelt nodded, "Thats a good sign of a strong kit." She voiced her previous thoughts on the kit struggling to get away from her. She offered some more of the meat paste to the small kit in hopes that he would eat a good bit before he would give up on it. 

She looked up and turned her head to the new arrival at her den. The new of another injury came to her attention. "I'll be right there." She mewed then looked back to Bramblesplash. "Keeep feeding him until he won't take it anymore." She instructed before padding over to the edge of her den and stuck her paw into a particularly large cob web and wound it up and limped out, keeping that paw off the ground.  

She spotted Heartrain and hobbled awkwardly but efficiently up to her and sat down. "Where are you injured Heartrain?" She asked, already seeing some wounds. She bent and started to nibble some of the webs off of her paw to get them ready to stop any bleeding. 

[[ Ugh! Braindead DX ]] 

Red is the colour of fiery passion and I. Am. Flaming~
Detneth106

1:38pm Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Blackpaw looked at Teakwing happily. `Of course I want to!` he exclaimed, hoping he didn`t sound to joyful at the prospect of being with Daypaw. Flicking his tail in an embara.ssed way the black apprentice switched his gaze to his mentor. `Could we Dawnhaze?`he asked hopefully.

--

Skystar dipped his head humbly. `May StarClan forgive us if we have spoken or acted rashly,` he meowed in a soft growl, tilting his head upwards to send the sky an apologetic look. `Perhaps we should do as Dustfeather suggested,` he meowed to Sunflare. `I think we must strengthen the walls of the camp first.`

--

Giving her apprentice a measuring look Dustfeather nodded her head at his actions. `He can scent your fear scent, but all you have to do is act brave and you will confuse the mutt.`

Unsheathing her own claws Dustfeather stalked forwards menacingly, curling her lips to reveal long ivory fangs. Her tail fluffed up and stood out straight behind her, but it only added to her size.

Slashing out with a paw she caught the escaped dog with her claws, leaving three parallel lines of red behind. Yipping the dog ducked its head before growling again.

--

Brambleslash nodded and stuffed some more meat paste in Bronzekit`s maw, purring gently as the kit gobbled it down eagerly. Tail twitching with appreciation of the medicine cat`s skill Brambleslash slowly lowered himself down onto the dirt floor of the den and curled his body around a stuffed Bronzekit.

Logo
Tld

10:52pm Oct 12 2010

Normal User

Heartrain looked up to see Icepelt. "Nothing much." She lied. "Just a scratch from a fox on my shoulder." She shrugged her right shoulder to prove it was alright, but she almost cried out in pain when it shot through her body. "See? All fine." She said through gritted teeth.

---

Daypaw narrowed her eyes at Blackpaw in a semi-curious way. Why was he embara-ssed? She paused, and then wondered why she knew he was embara-ssed. Daypaw shook her head. She was probably imagining things again. 

---

Dawnhaze purred at her apprentice's enthusiasm. "Of course we can, Blackpaw." She mewed. "Perhaps we could go to the clearing near the camp, by the river." She flicked her tail eastwards.

[[Daypaw's power would be recognizing the feelings and slightly influencing them. S'alright? S'alright c: ]]

ssgarcia97

3:30am Oct 13 2010

Normal User

Teakwing smiled and then glanced in the direction Dawnhaze flicked her tail. "Okay, let's go to that clearing." He meowed and then beckoned his apprentice with his tail. Daypaw was his first apprentice, so he wanted to make sure he would be a good mentor to her. As he made his way to the entrance of camp he was thinking about what his mentor taught him before, and hoped that he could teach Daypaw the things he learned.

~~~

Dingopaw tried to copy his mentor and looked fierce, but he thought he didn't pull it off very well. He snarled at the dog as it growled and then lashed out with his claw, scratching the side of its muzzle, close to its nose. He stayed beside his mentor and had an urge to just lunge forward, but he figured that would just make the dog even more angry and try to kill them. 

Detneth106

8:00am Oct 13 2010

Normal User

[Blackpaw is one of them, so can his power be...the ability to undo things? o.o]

Padding after Teakwing he glanced up at the large warrior. ‘Will we learn moves to help us fight against the fo—’

He paused in horror as he realized what he had been about the say. ‘I’m sorry!’ he meowed anxiously, giving his mentor a terrified look. ‘I shouldn’t have mentioned that.’

And with the mental wounds still fresh in their minds too Blackpaw, he berated himself angrily, tail lashing with ire.

--

‘Go for its paws,’ Dustfeather hissed under her breath. Even if the dog couldn’t understand them, it was prudent to keep their plans secret. ‘Slide underneath it’s belly and rake your claws down it. You’re smaller, and quicker than I.’

Letting out a piercing howl to distract the hound Dustfeather darted to the left, bringing the dog’s attention with her.

‘Now!’

Logo
Tld

8:49am Oct 13 2010

Normal User

[[...Durr, undo things? If it doesn't mean something like deja vu, then sure c: It's too confusing with the whole time-warpy stuff.]]

Dawnhaze breathed out in relief when Teakwing agreed to go to the clearing. 'At least I won't look like a fool.' She thought, padding after him and flicking her tail for Daypaw to follow also. Dawnhaze gave Blackpaw a sympathetic glance when he mentioned the foxes, since it was like what she said. "It's alright, Blackpaw." She murmured quietly. "I'm sure mistakes will be made." She sighed.

---

Daypaw followed her mentor, Teakwing. "Yeah, Dawnhaze is right." She said lazily as they approached the clearing. She leapt up onto a fallen log and started licking a paw and swiping it over her face. "It's not a big deal. Not really." She repeated.

LadyTsunade

5:35pm Oct 13 2010

Normal User

With her trained ears, she had picked up the pain in Heartrain's meow. She let a small purr escape as she finished tugging on the cobwebs around her foot. "You're you're injured you should get healed now and not suffer worse later." She advised quietly. 

She settled the first la
yer of webs onto the cut and used her paws to press the grey-ish, sticky, string. "Sorry if this hurts." She said as she laid another la
yer down, "I'll be right back with some Poppy Seeds for you." She told her.

Detneth106

5:41pm Oct 13 2010

Normal User

[Like, you see a piece of bark. Blackpaw comes  up and turns it into dust. Undone. xD]

'Oh, I know,' Blackpaw mewed, trying to salvage his pride. 'But it's a touchy topic ever since the attack and I didn't want to accidentally mention it, not so soon after it happened.'

Settling down next to the log Daypaw was on Blackpaw scratched his ear thoughtfully. 'What are we learning now?' he meowed curiously, looking at Dawnhaze with a look of anticipation crossing his face.

Logo
Tld

4:49am Oct 14 2010

Normal User

[...Ahhh. I thought you meant, if Blackpaw say, made a mistake he could undo it. Like he accidentally missed a thrush or something and undid it so he would be able to catch it. But owell :p ]]

Daypaw paused to look over at Blackpaw. "I suppose we'll be learning some offensive techniques today." She replied. "Much more helpful than the defensive techniques." Daypaw paused for awhile, then flicked a glance at Blackpaw. She then tackled him, diving down and swatting at him with a sheathed paw.

---

Dawnhaze couldn't help but purr when Daypaw dove at Blackpaw. Apprentices could be so playful at time. Checking to see whether or not Daypaw had sheathed her paw first, Dawnhaze tiptoed a bit to check. When she saw Daypaw was careful enough, Dawnhaze settled down next to Teakwing. "What shall we teach the apprentices today?" She asked. "I suppose Daypaw is right. We should be learning offensive fighting moves."

---

Heartrain clenched her teeth to prepare for the pain that would shoot up from her shoulder. "I'll be fine, Icepelt." Heartrain promised earnestly. "But I think the poppy seeds can wait. Radiantmist seems to be in a lot of pain." She nodded at the fallen she-cat.

ssgarcia97

10:59am Oct 15 2010

Normal User

Teakwing watched the apprentices and flicked his tail in amusement. Only a few moons ago he would have done that to other cats, but as a warrior he felt it wouldn't seem right. He sat down beside Dawnhaze and rested his tail over his front paws, thinking about what the older warrior said. "That sounds good," he replied with a nod.

~~~

Dingopaw glanced from Dustfeather to the dog, nodding slowly as his mentor spoke. Once his mentor was done speaking one of his ears flicked up in surprise to what she was doing and then, gathering up as much courage as he could, darted toward the dog and slid under the mutt. He raked his claws down its belly as deep as he could and then bolted out from under it, hissing as he did. He ran over to his mentor's side and as he did, lashed out at the dog when he could. 

Detneth106

1:02pm Oct 15 2010

Normal User

Purring as her apprentice attacked the dog bravely Dustfeather danced past it's left flank and scored the matted fur there, leaving lines of crimson blood behind her claws. "Got you," she growled pleasently as the dog yipped and stumbled back.

Knowing it was beaten it turned tail and fled in a barking  frenzy, leaving blood dotting the bushes and gra.ss behind.

"Nice job," Dustfeather purred proudly. "You might even become a warrior for your bravery. That was a large dog."

--

Stiffling a squeak of outrage Blackpaw slithered out from underneath Daypaw and swatted her -none to gently- with a sheathed paw. "Really? But if we learn defensive moves, then you would be able to defend against this!"

He leaped at her and landed on her back, gripping her flanks as best he could with his sheathed paws.

Logo
LadyTsunade

1:54pm Oct 15 2010

Normal User

Icepelt nodded, she was going to Radiantmist next. She finished up with Heartrain's wound. "Come to me when you want those seeds." She informed her before he got up and limped over to Radiantmist, careful to keep her food up off of the ground with the cobwebs. 

"Hey, radiantmist." Icepelt greeting when she sat down besode her. "Where are you hurt?" She asked.

[[ D: Small post!! ]] 

Tld

8:51pm Oct 15 2010

Normal User

Radiantmist lifted up her head. "I hope you helped Heartrain." She groaned, unable to get up. "I feel a small pain in my head. Oh yes, and that mangy fox got me in the shoulder too." Her head probably hurt from gripping onto the fox while he was violently bucking, but Radiantmist wasn't going to admit that.

---

Dawnhaze glanced at Blackpaw, still tussling with Daypaw. "Ah yes, but we haven't done a lot of offensive attacks, haven't we?" She asked, flicking her tail. "Shall we wait for their playfight to end, Teakwing?" She asked, her eyes sparkling wth amusement.

---

Daypaw nodded. "Yeah, she's right, Blackpaw!" She said. Daypaw wriggled under Blackpaw like a fish. "Can you defend yourself against this?" Daypaw surged upward, confident that she had enough power to throw him off balance.

[[Pfft, please tell me if I'm powerplaying, Detty. I'm not too experienced around fights.]]

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9