The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn... (Serenity+CH)

Go to page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Bookmark Thread
SerenitySorrow

2:15pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

Aven had been looking everywhere but anywhere from the gentleman who was approaching. She was still having a hard time taking everything in, it wasn't until a familiar voice spoke that caused her to jump.

"Miss Hardwicke, pleasure seeing you here."

She looked over at Mr. Ashford, her eyes slightly wide as she nodded a greeting. Her eyes quickly shot over to Dawn when she offered the man her seat. She shook her head for a moment before stopping realizing how rude it was. But her friend had already gotten up and was walking away. She looked up at Mr. Ashford and smiled when he hesitanty took the empty seat. She shook her head. "Oh it's alright, as she said, she was going...elsewhere anyways."

She looked at her hands nervously. Her she was hoping she wouldn't see him. Yet part of her was really glad he was here talking to her. She smiled over at him. "So what brings you to the carnival?" she asked trying to seem nonchalant as her heart ffelt as if it would explode from her chest. "I didn't think you'd be interested in this kind of thing."

- - - - - - - -

William was currently busy stuffing his face with popcorn as he looked at the exotic animals. He leaned against the wooden fence as he watched woman doing tricks on an elephant. It was amazing how large the creature was, and the girl working with it wasn't that bd either. He laughed slightly at the thought and focused on the preformance. He had run into Callista earlier who was excited to see him, she told him she had just saw the man who ws courting with her sister and he raised an eyebrow. She quickly sid it wasn't official before she dragged him around with her friends too look at some things. He had just lost them and was thankful for that.

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

2:31pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

When I saw dear Aven shaking her head as Miss Wood offered to leave, it reminded me that I promised myself I would stay away from her. I would stop thinking about Miss Hardwicke, I would stop seeing her face in my mind, and I would stop having my heart beat faster at the look in her eyes. I would stop trying to find ways to see her, and she would be out of my life for good. My heart would be captured no longer.

The whole reason why I was here, though, was I was praying I would find her. And when I saw her with Miss Wood through the crowd, finding a place to sit, everything in me said to stay put. I saw her, got my fix, and now I had to leave. 

But looking at her now only made me want to stay more. 

"Well, I guess we're both surprised because I never found you the type to enjoy this kind of thing either."

I said with a small smile. Goodness, did I still make her nervous? I leaned back in the chair to keep myself from leaning closer to her. If this timid girl only knew what she did to me sometimes...

I walked away with a giddy hop to my walk. Not even worrying about holding my skirts. I sure did wish I could be a fly on the wall, watching how Mr. Ashford was going to romance Aven next. I saw it in his eyes. 
He wanted her.
I laughed to myself excitedly at the thought, before finding some looks  come my way by some people. Feeling foolish, I looked back down at my hands but kept giggling. 

Close by, I saw William eating popcorn by a fence where animals were performing. I didn't want to be alone, so I didn't think he'd mind if I stood next to him. 

"Hi William."

I said with a smile as I leaned on the fence beside him.

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
SerenitySorrow

2:41pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

((Oh Lance, he makes me grin like a rabid fangirl XD))

Aven giggled slightly when he said that. She shook her head head and grinned over at him. "Well I guess we're both surprised. tleast we can be surprised together." As soon as she words left her mouth her face went pink. "Oh I'm sorry, that was a stupid thing to say." She said looking away and down at her hands. She felt like a bigger idiot, she was always saying dumb things around him. Atleast with other guys she didn't open her mouth to even have a chance to embarass herself. She shook her head and tried to think of something else to say to cover up her mistake.

"So uh, Mr. Ashford are you feeling better?" she asked. "The other you ran away from me so quickly, so I assumed you didn't feel good." She really hoped she hadn't chased him away, if she was that bad. But from what Dawn said...no that wasn't possible.

((Aven fails XP))

William smiled when he heard the familiar voice. "Why look at you Miss Wood's." He grinned. He noticed her smile. "Did you run into your Mr. Gilmore again? You're smiling." He kept a smile on his face but it didn't quite reach his eyes. He didn't know why he even cared, it wasn't even his place too.

((I fail for Will too XP))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

2:53pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

Ooc:
LOL. That's why I love playing him. xD He's sucha confused emotional man. 

Bic:

I felt a pang of regret as she brought up how I had left abruptly last time we met. I frowned, looking out at the acrobats for a moment. I was smart then. I realized that I was feeling to much and I had to go. 

But now I'm feeling even more, and I couldn't get my feet moving or my heart to slow down. 

"Oh, that."

I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

"I'm feeling much better, actually. It was just a less pleasant day, and I needed to get home."

I wouldn't say that was a lie, seeing as my confusion about Miss Hardwicke and I were very unpleasant. 

"I'm sorry about that, actually. It was more then rude of me to leave a beautiful woman alone like that."

I wished the way I had said 'beautiful' wouldn't have been so emphasized. I had said it with a pleasurable, desiring sigh. I could feel my own cheeks turning slightly pink as I avoided my eyes to meet hers. Who knows what I would do if I allowed myself to get lost in her own.

Goodness, the redness in my cheeks was probably noticeable, even in this light. Just talking about Mr. Gilmore brought my knees to go wobbly. 
"Well, just between you and me, I was hoping I would run into him today."
I said with a small smile as I looked around. Not at the performances before me but the audience. Was I sounding foolish with this stable boy? Oh, I doubted he even cared about what the other man did to me, really. I sighed, my shoulders slumped slightly as I couldn't find the wealthy man in the crowd. 

I doubted he'd be there. He was too rich to care about some American Carnival. He's probably been to one hundreds of times in the actual country. But, if Mr. Ashford was here, then anything could happen.

SerenitySorrow

3:12pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

((Again, with the smiles ^^))

Aven blushed slightly when he mentioned beautiful. She gripped her dress and looked away for a moment before looking back an noticing even with the dim light, that he was blushing too.

She grinned slightly and bit her lip and looked away. It seemed both Dawn and Callista had been right. To bad she had no idea what to do now. She looked at the acrobats for a moment fascinated by them, how ere they doing that?

((Yeah, abrupt ending, not to sure what she could do. With her persona all I can see her doing is sit there like an idiot in silence and wait for him to say something else XP))

- - - - -

William grined slightly when he noticed her blush and shook his head as he turned his eyes bck to the performers.

"Well, just between you and me, I was hoping I would run into him today."

His smiled faltered at that and dispeared. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed her looking around the crowd. He shook his head and scrtched the back of his neck before turning and offering the popcorn. "Want some?" He asked, trying to push down the feeling that was coming up. He sure hoped that this Mr. Gilmore didn't show up.

((yeah another fail XP))

CH

3:18pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

Ooc:
Maybe they'll find more to talk about during fooooooooooooooooooood. ;D

Bic:

For a moment, I stayed silent. Telling myself that this was my chance to get the heck out of here and leave Miss Wood to entertain Miss Hardwicke so she wouldn't notice me anymore. 
Instead, though, I stood up and looked back down at Aven, 
"Miss Hardwicke, I'm close to famished. Would you like to go find something to eat around here with me?"

I glanced back at William for a moment, wondering what he was offering. Smiling slightly, I said, 
"Sure."
Before taking some of the popcorn. Popping (No pun intended.) them in my mouth as I searched the crowd.
"Actually, I was about to get some food for lunch. Wanna come?"  

Ooc;

Hotty Gilmore is coming, so sorry for the writers block on both of our parts for now. ;x 

SerenitySorrow

3:38pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

((Oh, Wills gonna punch him HAHA XD Im joking, but that'd be fun ^^))

Aven grinned glad he had chosen to talk instead of run away like the other day. She looked up at him and nodded. "Absolutely." She stood up and followed him out, glad to have something to do.

- - - - - -

William nodded, he was always up for food. "Sure." He grinned motioning his arm for her to lead the way.

((Derp.))

CH

3:48pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

Ooc:
Omg, that would be hilarious. xDD

Bic;

I smiled at William as he motioned for me to lead. I walked to the closest stand that sold pizza.
"Is pizza alright for you?"
I asked, cocking my head to the side and looking back at him. 

Ooc:
You can power play Dawn if you he says sure. xD

I smiled back at her slightly before leading her to the food court. Looking around, I looked back at her I said, 
"I've never been here before, so I have no idea what would be good. Where would you like to go?"

Ooc:
Again, you can power play. :D 

SerenitySorrow

4:22pm Feb 12 2012 (last edited on 4:24pm Feb 12 2012)

Normal User

((Lol XD))

William nodded and motioned for the guy to get two pizza's. He hnded one to Dawn and quickly paid the guy. "This is the best." He grinned before biting a small piece. He sucked in a breath, he was right. It was hot and burned his tongue, though he was hungry and willing to burn his entire mouth.

"So what hve you done since being here." He said to distract himself from the food in his hand. "Why aren't you with Aven?"

- - -

Aven shrugged slightly at his question. She remembered William was talling her something before saying she had to try it because it tasted heavenly. "What about the candy floss?" she asked pointing to the stand. "My stable boy said it was the best thing."

((Ugh, fail XP))

CH

4:30pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

I grabbed the slice of pizza once he handed it too me. Motioning him to follow me, I led us to a bench close by. Sitting down, I took a tiny bite of the pizza, knowing by William's reaction that it was hot still. 
"Oh, Aven..."
I said with a excited smile. 
"I was watching the acrobats with her, but I offered a lucky man to  take my place."
I said, my eyebrows up in a teasing way as I added, 
"Mr. Ashford seems smitten, if you ask me."

Ooc:
omg. Candy floss. xD Cotton candy, right? 

Bic;

I nodded my head in agreement as I walked over to the Candy Floss (xD) stand. 
"Two."
I said as I took out the money to pay. After paying, I gave her one and took a small piece of my own and popped it in my mouth. 
"This is..Quite delightful."
I said, my eyes wide with shock and not expecting such flavor. 
"I will have to remember to bring some back home for my sister."

SerenitySorrow

4:49pm Feb 12 2012

Normal User

((Yeppers ^^ Only the best carnival food EVER ^^))

Aven wtched the pink cloud thing. She looked up at Mr. Ashford his reaction before putting some in her own mouth. It was sweet and melted on her tongue. She nodded and smiled. "This hs got to be the best creation ever." She grinned feeling like a child as she put more in her mouth. It was positively heavenly.

"Do you want to sit?" she asked motioning to a bench, a few steps away. Without waiting for his nswer she already moved and sat herself down and patted the spot next to her. "Your mother isn't here is she?" she asked feeling foolish, if she was here she would totally understand him not wanting to sit with her. He probably wouldn't want to excite the woman.

- - - - - -

William nodded and sat himself down next to the girl. He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned Aven was with a man, smitten one at that.

Ashford...that was the man her mother had set her up with that day he'd brought Dawn's horse bck.

"Wow. Aven with a man, willingly?" He shook his head. "Amazing."

He shook his head and bit into the now cool pizza.

((Ugh, lost my train of thought again DX))

CH

4:55pm Feb 12 2012 (last edited on 10:40am Feb 25 2012)

Normal User

Ooc:
I knoww riiight? |D 
Fail on Lance's part. D:

Bic;
I followed Miss Hardwicke over to the bench, and as I sat down, I chuckled at her question. 

"No, actually, it wasn't willingly. I left before she could say anything to me. The poor girl."
I said as I took another bite of pizza. I was just about to add something else to avoid a silence, when a familiar face came up. With a smile, I whispered to myself, 
"S-Sir Paul Gilmore?"
Before standing up, almost completely forgetting about Wil, as Sir Gilmore came up to me. 
"Dear Miss Wood, how lovely you look this evening. I wasn't planning to see you here."
I noticed how his eyes scanned to Wil in a rude, quick type of way before back at me with eyes glowing. Did he think I was...
"Uh yeah, I had come here with Miss Aven Hardwicke but ran into William."
That will make sure Sir Gilmore knew I wasn't courting the man. Sir Gilmore put on a tight, fake smile as he looked to Wil, 
"Hello."
He said smugly in Wil's direction. 

[[^^^^^^^^ Help any? D: ]]

CH

5:20pm Feb 14 2012

Normal User

[[Take your time posting. xD But...

BUMP. <3 ]]

SerenitySorrow

5:41pm Feb 14 2012

Normal User

((Yeah, I dunno what to post really..... I FAIL DX))

CH

10:18am Feb 18 2012

Normal User

[[Hm... 
 I'll edit my post in a second.  xDDD ]]

SerenitySorrow

5:14pm Feb 22 2012

Normal User

((Bumping up for myself XP))

CH

10:40am Feb 25 2012

Normal User

[[ - Pokes edited post.- ]]

SerenitySorrow

7:01pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

((Yeah, helps alot. That makes Will angry XD I'll have a post up later XP))

CH

7:29pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

[[Take your time. Sorry about the delays. ]]

SerenitySorrow

8:06pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

William grinnned and shook his head. "Well I gue-" He stopped halfway when he noticed her sudden shift. He saw a shadow fall across him and looked up to see the cad that had caught Dawn when she fell the other day. She quickly jumped up and gushed and William fought the urge to smack the man over the head with the bench they, well he, was now sitting on when he gave him a look over.

William raised an eyebrow and felt it move higher when Dawn tried to cover up why she was with him.

Will nodded non chalantly at the man, when looked at him smugly. "Afternoon." He said, keeping his voice monotone. SOmething about this man seriously rubbed him the wrong way, he wanted to punch him.

Go to page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13