The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn... (Serenity+CH)

Go to page: 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Bookmark Thread
CH

5:40pm Feb 8 2012 (last edited on 5:40pm Feb 8 2012)

Normal User

After buying my thread and ribbons, I chose to walk right to Aven's house. I was supposed to come a little later for tea, but I didn't find it necessary to walk to my house and have to leave again in an hour. 

I found myself looking around the more crowded pathway as I walked to the route to get out of town and lead to estates. I don't know why I had taken such a liking to Sir Paul Gilmore, but I always liked a man who could sweep me off my feet.
Literally.

I giggled to myself at the thought before my mind changed focus to Aven. I felt like I hadn't seen my friend in such a long time, so our usual meetings like this were a joy to have. 
My feet were aching by the time that the Hardwicke's State came into view, but knowing I was almost there brought me to walk a bit faster. Once coming to the door, I knocked on the door; though I probably could have just walked in from how we were technically family.

[[Yayyy~
Tenth page. c| ]]

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
SerenitySorrow

5:43pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

((Yay! I'll post once I'm not in such a sad mood. I just listened to a sad song and now i'm well, sad DX))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

5:46pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

[[What song? :c ]]

SerenitySorrow

5:54pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

((Forever and Always by Parachute. Not Taylor Swift XP))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

5:55pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

[[ Lollllllll, I know Parachute just not that song. I hate sad songs though. ;-; ]

SerenitySorrow

6:01pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

((Lol, Parachute is the best ^^ They all need haircuts though XP I'll post soon.))

CH

6:03pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

[[Lol. |DDD
And, alright. <33 ]]

SerenitySorrow

6:24pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

A maid had been the one to open the door for Dawn. "You know where to go Miss."She smiled. "I'll fetch Aven."rnrn

Aven was relieved when the maid came for her. She was still playing horribly and the maids where starting to start, they had come out earlier to ask if she was feeling alright. SHe wasn't quite sure.rnrn

She all but ran into the house and into the parlor where her friend was. She dropped the violin on the piano bench. "Dawn" She grinned. "I feel like we haven't seen eachother in forever!"

CH

6:31pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

I smiled and thanked the maid before walking into the parlor to wait from Aven. Once hearing her, I turned with a smile and said, 
"I know! I'm glad I came sooner."
I said before taking a seat and looking back up at her. 
"Guess who I ran into, well kind of fell into really, in town today?"
I asked,  my eyebrows lifting in excitement. Wil may have not known who Sir Paul Gilmore was, but Aven should.

SerenitySorrow

7:00pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

"Oh?" Aven said raising an eybrow and sitting down next to her friend. A maid brought in the tea and Aven smiled a nodded a thanks. She looked back at her friend. "What happened Dawn?" she asked a small smile on her face, one dark eyebrow raised. "Was he tall, dark, and handsome?

CH

7:04pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

"All that and more!"
I said, feeling the giddiness from before only increasing. I told her the whole story, how I was walking foolishly fast to get to the thread store, and almost hurt myself from my fall.
"... When Sir Paul Gilmore caught me! Aven, out of all the men..."
I sighed, thinking back on his eyes before saying, 
"Goodness, he's giving me chills..."
I rubbed at my arms, before laughing foolishly once more.

SerenitySorrow

7:12pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

Aven's eyebrows shot up at the mention of his name and a smile spread across her face. She personally did feel like marriage would be her thing, but if there was ever someone she wouldn't mind him. "Sir Paul Gilmore?" She said her mouth still slightly open. "The Mr. Gilmore. That's amazing." She shook her head in disbelief as she looked into her tea. She would get chills too if she'd seen him, he was the most sought after man. Chills, thinking about Mr. Gilmore some how made her think of Mr. Ashford and their odd exchange today. He was more cheery today, but still composed. He also complimented her and she'd made a fool of herself. She shook her head and looked back up at Dawn and smiled. "So, do you think you'll ever see him again?" she asked.

CH

7:17pm Feb 8 2012

Normal User

I also took a cup of tea as I tried calming myself down. The man caught me from a horrid fall. Didn't propose.
Oh, but if he did...
I had more chills as my stomach turned at the thought. Sir Paul Gilmore proposing to me? I smiled at the thought, almost completely missing Aven's question. 
"Oh, I do hope so..."
I said, taking a sip of my tea before rolling my eyes and saying, 
"But what am I doing? Getting excited about a man that I will probably never see again? He never made any inclination that he was interested in me anyways."
I laughed, like I usually did when I did foolish things. 
"Now that we're done with me. Has anything happened with you recently that I missed?"

SerenitySorrow

8:03pm Feb 8 2012 (last edited on 8:05pm Feb 8 2012)

Normal User

Aven blushed lightly when Dawn asked what had be going on with her. She shook her head and took a sip of her tea. "My mother is trying to set me up with one of her friends son." She said as calmy as she could, though the pink in her cheeks grew deeper as she sipped her tea."I don't know if you remember, but the man from the last ball we were at. Lancelot Ashford."

((Sorry for taking long had to take a shower XP))

CH

8:10pm Feb 8 2012 (last edited on 8:16pm Feb 8 2012)

Normal User

I noted how she blushed, but Aven always blushed and I didn't want to press her. 
Even if there could be deeper meaning to it. 
"Of course I remember him."
I said with a smile,
"You dance with him at the ball."
I said with a wiggle of my eyebrows; teasing her before making sure her mother, or anyone else, weren't around before leaning closer and saying, 
"How do you feel about him?"

[[Ohhh, you're fine <3 ]]

SerenitySorrow

2:56pm Feb 9 2012

Normal User

((My interent had an epic fail so sorry for poofing XP))rnrn

Aven blushed at her last sentence and shrugged. "Oh, I dont know." She said looking down into her tea. "I mean he's really nice, and he's a good musician." She knew Dawn would understand why she was impressed with that. Music was a big part of who Aven was. She shrugged again and sipped her tea. "And he was acting weird when I saw him earlier today."

CH

5:51pm Feb 9 2012

Normal User

Though Aven didn't say much, I already knew this guy was great. 
But, you never know. He could be a talented musician but a complete idiot. So I, again, didn't press. 

"Weird?"
I asked, that smile coming back to my lips.
"What did he do?"

SerenitySorrow

6:35pm Feb 9 2012

Normal User

Aven put her tea down and looked over at her friend. "Well Callista said he was acting weird when my mother made me dance with the other men." She kinda blushed at the thought of her mother forcing the men upon her. "I got bored so I went out to the balcony, next thing I know he's out there."rnrn

She zoned out for a second as she tried to remember the details. "He called me by mr first name...Then when I called him Mr. Ashford he froze up. I said it was fine that he called me Aven, he got all defensive then we talked about a parents for a bit. Making fun about how extatic our mothers would be if he called me by my first name how it would seal our marraige deal." rnrn

She then slapped her forhead and hid her face in her hands. "He said something about my papa throwing him out the window then I said it'd be more likely he shot him. Then he left." She looked back up. rnrn

"But that wasn't the weird thing. He's normally so calm and closed off, but he was more, I don't know, friendly?" She shrugged. "Also before he ran away, he said i looked 'stunning'" she kinda scrunched up her nose at the thought. Most of the time that word was used with her sister. rnrn

"Then he called me wonderful and ran off." She sighed. before shaking her head embarassed once more. "Good Lord, I just talked you ear off.

CH

6:41pm Feb 9 2012 (last edited on 6:41pm Feb 9 2012)

Normal User

It took everything in me not to fall off my seat in excitement. Stunning? Wonderful? Called her by her first name ? Even acted weird when Aven danced with other men.
Boy, someone like Mr. Ashford would never do such things. Unless... 
"My goodness, the man is smitten..."
I mumbled with an excited shriek before looking back at her. 
"Why else would he treat you in such a way? Think about it..."
I laughed some more excitedly, though I felt as though I was more excited then the lucky lady. 

SerenitySorrow

6:53pm Feb 9 2012

Normal User

((Dude just wondering, why are some of your words like li[injection]nks?))rnrn

Aven bl[injection]inked and her mouth fell slightly open. Smitten? With her? SHe shook her head. "I'm sure he was just feeling dizzy or something, there's no way he could be smitten with me." She shook her head some more in disbelief. "I mean, before he seemed so uninterested and bored, he couldn't possibly...." But that made sense in a way. "I don't Dawn. I'm not sure if I like him, i got excited when he came to see me but..."

Go to page: 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13