The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn... (Serenity+CH)

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13 Bookmark Thread
CH

7:31pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

[[Then do the mother thing. xDDDDDDDDDD
Embarrassing characters is always fun. :D ]]

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
SerenitySorrow

7:33pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

((Lol, alright. Want me to powerplay the scene? Or do you wanna do it?))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

7:34pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

[[Powerplay~ ]]

SerenitySorrow

7:36pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

((Kay so I'll do it? I'll post under here.))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
CH

7:39pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

[[Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. D: ]]

SerenitySorrow

8:00pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

Mrs, Hardwicke enetered the party. Of course the mansion was amazing as always, she immediately found her group of friends, they chatted about stupid things, their conversations sounding much like the ones of the younger girls. Slowly people started going elsewhere and Mrs. Hardwicke was left alone. She sighed these things were boring sometimes, especially withouth her husband here.rnrn

"Elizabeth!"rnrn

Mrs.Hardwicke turned towards the voice, seeing an old aquaintance of hers, when she was younge the two of them were the best of friends. But time and marriage got in the way of things, but it was nice to see her again. "Aloise."(Hope you dont mind me giving her a random name.) Mrs Hardwicked said as she gave the woman a brief hug. It was so nice to see a real friend.rnrn

The two chatted and caught up, falling back into routine as if no time had passed. "I have a son." Aloise said pointing to Lancelot on the dance floor. Elizabeth smiled, before saying "I have two daughters." Aloise looked at her expectantly. "You wanna tell me who they are." Elizabeth cringed inwardly. "I can't say you'de approve," she motioned towards Callista surrounded by gentlemen. "My eldest, Callista." Aloise raised an eyebrow and grinned back at her. "Reminds me of you." She laughed and Mrs, Hardwicke hung her head on shame. "I know, the one in the blue dress over there is my daughter Aven and her friend." Aloise smiled. "Looks like a sweetheart."rnrn

"I worry about her."rnrn

Suddenly a look was exchanged between a women, a smile spreading across their lips. Aloise waved her son over. "Lance!" When he son came over she hastily made introductions. "This is my old friend. Mrs. HArdwicke." Elizabeth smiled and nodded. "Come Lancelot lets meet her daughter."rnrn

She pretty much pushed her son towards where Aven stood talkking to Dawn.rnrn

The colour in Avens face slowly drained when she noticed her mother making her way towards her with another woman, a gentleman in tow. "Aven darling, this is my friend Aloise, this is her son, Get aquainted." She smiled and Aloise shoved Lance forward, then the two ladies went off. Aven looked horrified at her mother, not registering what had just happened. She looked back at the taller guy, her mouth hanging slightly open, her blue eyes wide. She closed her mouth but soon felt her face growing hot. "Good Evening." She stuttered curtsying slightly, looking anywhere but at him.rnrn

((SOrry, I got sloppy XP))

CH

8:32pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

I would say that I was ecstatic that my mother was getting me off the dance floor to be introduced to Mrs. Hardwicke, but I had no idea her intentions were for me to meet her daughter. 
I kept my ex[injection]pression impassive as I was forced to walk over to the two woman that were talking to one another.
I watched my mother leave, keeping a scowl off my face as to not be rude to Miss Hardwicke and her friend. 
Though I must say, my next actions were inwardly reluctant. 
"Good evening, Miss Hardwicke."
I said politely, taking her hand and pressed my lips to her knuckles briefly. I took her friends hand as well, kissing it briefly once more.
"Evening. Call me Lancelot."
I added, though did know her friends name.

I couldn't help but bite my lip at the amusing way her mother had of bringing a handsome man over to meet Aven. I felt like a third wheel, and Aven's reaction to all of this was priceless. 
I had to leave her, if only for a couple minutes, to see if this guy really was worth making Aven this embarrassed. 
"Good evening Lancelot."
I said, pausing before smiling at Aven and looking at the two of them as I said, 
"I'm sorry, but I'm feeling frightfully parched. I must get something to drink."
And with that, I left the two with a grin on my face as I went to the drink place. (Dunno what the drink place would be called. )

I kept my eyes on Aven, seeing as she couldn't meet my eyes. I usually was the one avoiding the stares, but the shoe was on the other foot now. 
"You have a lovely mother."
I said with a small smile as I watched my mother and her talk. 
"Very... Outgoing."
I added, thinking back to several seconds before when she introduced us, before looking back at Aven. 

SerenitySorrow

8:57pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

Aven felt her face's colour deepen, and she looked down and muttered a hello. She wrung her hands again awkwardly, this was horrible, she couldn't believe her mother had done that, wait, but she could. Her mother pulling a stunt like that was nothing new, normally though Callista was here to take the attention away from her, they sort of had a thing worked out. Cal might not even like the guy but she'd lead him away from Aven's sake, it was the only time the too really seemed to get along.rnrn

Aven's eyes went wide again, she already had doe-eyes but if this continued her eyes would looked like saucers. There was no way Dawn was leaving her, but the girl already had. Once again, she was left with her mouth hanging slightly open. She looked over at Lancelot when he mentioned her mother and a small smile spread across her lips. "My sister Callista takes after her." she said motioning to the girl who was still surrounded by men, only she seemed focused on one. She looked down at her hands once more and suddenly felt stupid. She looked back up. "Sorry, I forgot to intrduce myself. My name's Aven." SHe nodded and looked back down at her hands. "You don't have to hang around me anymore, feel free to go."rn

CH

9:26pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

I glanced at Aven's sister once as she mentioned her. I nodded, agreeing with her statement. I didn't know if I was making her nervous, but my nature told me to keep my composure the way it was. I wasn't the type to charm a woman to come to me, and saying remarks to get her to talk to me wasn't my way of conversing with a lady.
I was tempted to turn my heel and leave the woman when she offered for me to take my leave. But, seeing as her friend had left her, and Aven was nervous enough, I didn't have that much of a cold heart. 
"I would go, but that would mean passing up the chance to have the pleasure of dancing with you."
I said, holding out my elbow and leaning my head down slightly to bring her eyes to mine. 
"Shall we?"

SerenitySorrow

9:36pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

Aven's eyes grew wide and she looked at his outstrached elbow. She noticed her mother watching giving her a look that told her she had better not mess this up. She shot a look over at Dawn but couldn't see her anyways. She looked back at Lancelot, it would be rude if she refuse so she nodded and took his arm. She glanced back once more for Dawn. How could she leave her like that, though her mother seemed happy enough as she and her friend were grinning like little girls at the candy store.

CH

9:43pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

I inwardly felt relieved as she took my elbow, glad that I hadn't looked like a complete fool by her rejecting me. Though, outwardly, I kept my ex[injection]pression a bit more serious.
I led her to the dance floor just as a new song was starting. 
My family was known for their talents, my sister being a wonderful singer and organ pla[injection]yer, I more talented on the organ as well. When we were younger, we were taught how to do all the traditional dances. So, not to say I am filled with pride, I must say, I did these dances with ease.

[[Should we have Dawn and William some how talk to each other, or will they be more talkative when Dawn comes over Aven's house and runs into him at the stables all the time, like we had planned?
I was thinking, they could talk more after the dance, when she goes to the stables at the Hardwicke State to get Cotton. And all that jazzzzz. 
Just so that we don't have to have both of our characters talk to each other more at the ball. ]]

SerenitySorrow

2:39pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

((I think we should stick to the stables, there'd be no reason for him to be inside the party. SO yeah, at the Stables))rnrn

Aven, though light on her feet, was so nervous she felt her little body shaking. This dance she could have done with ease though she had never danced this dance with anyone except with her father or the many servants in the household. She must of stepped on Lancelot's feet twice before she noticed her sister beside her, gliding, not nearly as graceful as she thought Aven felt the need to out do her, especially when her sister shot her a look, daring her to just try and out do her. Aven's eyes narrowed at her slightly before she straightened her posture and continued the dance with Lance. She now moved gracefully, keeping in time with the music. Music was always her strong point, she could play the piano, organ and violin. Music was the only thing that she felt good about, mostly it was because the one thing Callista couldn't to better than her.rnrn

When the dance was done, Callista smiled at her, a genuine on this time, she knew competition would shake her sister out of her nervousness. Callista nodded before walking off arm in arm with the man she was dancing with. Aven looked back up at Lance. "Thank you." She said her nervousness suddenly coming back, her cheeks slightly flushed from embarassement. "I'll leave you now." She said and she quicjly turned and hurried away, back to the spot where she and Dawn were hanging on, wringing her hands.rn

CH

3:01pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

[[ I was hoping you'd say that~ ]]

When Miss Hardwicke danced with me, she seemed very nervous at first; stepping on my feet a couple times. I had acted like it hadn't happened, mostly because I didn't want to make her feel worse. 
I noted how Miss Hardwicke became more graceful with the dance just as her sister she had showed me before passed by. The corner of my lips curved up slightly as the dance came to an end, though I immediately went back to a impassive ex[injection]pression. 
"It was my pleasure."
I said with a slight bow. But, as I looked up, Miss Hardwicke had disappeared. 
I walked the other way, mostly to avoid the woman that had asked me to dance earlier.

Just as Aven walked away from this Lancelot, I came to her and grabbed her elbow. My face was beaming as I awaited to hear what happened. 
"How was it?"
I asked, biting my lip and hoping this man wasn't one of those low lifes I had spoke of earlier. 

SerenitySorrow

3:50pm Jan 29 2012 (last edited on 3:51pm Jan 29 2012)

Normal User

Aven jumped when her friend came and took her elbow, asking her how it was. Aven rubbed her temples embarassed, "It was the most horrible thing, I stepped on his feet." She said, a light chuckle sneaking in. She looked over at her friend, a slight smiled on her face. "He tried so hard to act as if anything happened, but I made such a fool of myself." SHe shook her head once more and noticed her mother looking at her, trying to stare her down. She looked away uneasily. "He was very nice though, if not withdrawn."

((Fail XP))

CH

4:05pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

I smiled encouragingly at Aven. 
"At least he was nice enough to not say anything. Maybe he wasn't any better at the dance."
I shrugged, sounding hopeful. 
"Plus, whether stepping on his feet or not, you beat any other girl here."
I let go of her arm, frowning slightly once noticing Samuel with my sister. 
"Great..."
I muttered, as I saw Samuel walked toward me as if he didn't have a date at all. 
"Dawn. Aven."
He greeted, kissing both of our hands and adding, 
"I trust you are having a good time."
I smiled though felt a little awkward, when I saw my sister glare at me. She hated it when I spoke with Samuel, seeing as he had this major thing for me. 
"I am, thank you."
I said, hoping he'd leave. And, soon, my sister grabbed his arm and pulled him away after saying, 
"Let's dance."
I rolled my eyes, watching them walk away before saying to Aven. 
"Samuel is so amiable and handsome. I just can't... See myself with him. I'd rather become an old maid."

SerenitySorrow

5:14pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

Aven was about to comment that he was the best dancer she had seen but stopped when she noticed Danw let go of. She looked over and saw Samuel making his way towards them. She stiffened slightly when Samuel took her hand, though nonetheless she smiled and nodded. She then did what she did best and stood there silently, watching the exchange between the two, before Dawns sister took his away.rnrn

"Samuel is so amiable and handsome. I just can't... See myself with him. I'd rather become an old maid."rnrn

Aven nodded, though she honestly didn't understand. It was clear the man adored her in such a way Aven was sure no one would ever feel for her. Would it really be that bad if Dawn gave the boy a chance? It was something she always secretly envied about Dawn, she always figured if no one went for Dawn she'd always have a fall back on Samuel, until he went and got engaged to her sister, which she as sure he did out of spite. They had made their ways to the food table and she gingerly reached out and grabbed a small piece of cake and put it into her mouth. She looked back at Dawn. "Did you see that look your sister gave him, I'd hate to admit it but it amused me." She looked back down and took another bit sized piece. "I can't beleive he's still trying to go after you. I swear you turned him down how many times?"rnrn

CH

5:22pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

I followed Aven to the food table, and also took a little piece of cake and popped it in my mouth. 
"I don't even know how many times, anymore..."
I said with a shake of my head. I looked at Samuel as he danced with my sister and smiled. 
"My sister isn't all that bad though. A bit young for marriage but... "
I shrugged. It was hard to explain why I had rejected him. I was guessing it was because I had so many dreams on how I would have my husband some day. He wouldn't be like Samuel, so... So... Proper. 
Boringly Proper.
There was a big difference between a perfect gentlemen and boring proper-ness. 
"We're just too different. I wouldn't be happy."
I said, thinking that was the perfect way of describing my feelings. 

SerenitySorrow

5:33pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

Aven shrugged and took another piece of cake, though she hesitated before putting it into her mouth. She could feel her mothers eyes, it felt as if she was trying to burn holes into the back of her neck. Aven quickly gulped it down and wiped her fingers on her dress, she was going to get it later. She looked over at the dancefloor at Samuel and Dawns sister. They were a cute couple, and Dawn was right about her sister being a little young, she was also naive. Aven had a felling that Sam would break the poor girls heart sooner or later.rnrn

Aven nodded at what Dawn said. She looked over at her friend. "Sadly, having money we don't always have the choice of who we marry." she sighed looking back on the dancefloor. It was true, she knew a few girls who's marriages were more like buisness contracts between their fathers. One girl was married to the biggest playboy in the whole society, Aven couldn't imagine what climbing into bed with that man was like, though she had heard they had seperate rooms seeing as sometimes he would bring others home.rnrn

"True love seems like a truly unatainable thing." she sighed her eyes scanning across the room, she didn't know who she was looking for now. Though she felt kinda awkard when she couldn't find the guy she had danced with earlier, not that it really mattered anyways. She reached back over for another piece of cake. "Gee, I kinda feel like a killed the party mood." She said looking at Dawn. "Though it really may have been dead before we even entered the room."rn

CH

5:43pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

I smiled at Aven's observation, knowing it was the truth. That was why I called my Dream Guy, just that. 
A dream guy. 
As Aven's eyes reached my sister and Samuel, I did the same. Watching them with a slight smile on my face. If my sister wasn't around, I had a feeling Samuel would be around me a little more often then how he already is. 
"Do you wanna' leave early?"
I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. She was right. The mood of hers was dead before we even came. 

SerenitySorrow

5:56pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

"I'd had to do that to Mr. Fontaine but, He's probably gotten bored." Aven sighed, taking Dawn's arm and walking towards the exit. Her mother could tell she wanted to leave and let her go with a peep. Atleast the girl had humored her by dancing with the man When Aven steped outside she motioned to the butler who went and called on Williams who soon brough the carriage around. He smiled at the women and opened the door. "Going home early girls? No man to your liking?" He asked.rnrn

Aven rolled her eyes this man was really something else, no other driver would have spoken to her in such an informal way. She climbed into the carriage, he didn't offer his hand this time, keeping it on the carriage handle.rnrn

He was bored out his mind the entire time, the though it was ridiculous that he had to wait around until the Hardwickes were done, man was he relived when he was told to the bring the carriage, only it was just young Aven and her friend, he would have to come back later fo Callista and her mother.rnrn

((So just thinking, how is this Aven and Lance thing going to work out?))

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13