I Didn't Mean To Hit.. (OnexOne, Not sure what'll happen to lurkers. :3)

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Bookmark Thread
chance437

2:40pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Sterling cocked his head, smiling softly. "No, not meeting anyone. And I'm not here for one night stands, if that's what you've brought yourself to believe she was. And what makes me happy? I was prepared to takes my trips with company."

spiffehmonsterr

2:48pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Seth felt his chest tighten at the words. So she wasn't a one night stand.. He'd been so stupid and blind. He looked over as he heard his name called, and realized he needed to get back to work. "I don't have time for this," he said, voice nearly breaking. "I have a job to do. Finish your damn burger and get the hell out." He moved off to the next table, never daring to let the tears even enter their ducts.
chance437

2:50pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Sterling smirked. It worked. So that's what he thought she was. Technically, she wasn't; she was more of a mistake than a one night stand. But now he was going to do everything in his power to rub Seth the wrong way. Plus, Sterling could eat.

Alot. 

spiffehmonsterr

2:53pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Unfortunately, Seth knew that, but he was hoping that Sterling wouldn't stay to torment him. He was opening the wounds that he'd been working so hard to close. When his break finally came, he went right out the door with a cigarette from a co-worker. He'd dropped the nasty little habbit, but there were times when he couldn't help but accept the kiss of the tobacco. 
chance437

2:55pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Sterling saw Seth leave, but decided to keep his tormenting to the workplace. For now. But it wouldn't be long before he needed to smoke.

spiffehmonsterr

3:02pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Seth sighed and looked up at the sky and then around the parking lot for Sterling's car. He wondered if he still had the same vehicle or not. Seth still had his Volkswagen. A nineteen seventy-one to be exact. He was tempted to figure it out, and do something awful like keying the car. But he wouldn't sink that low. He was going to return to work smug. Hell, maybe he'd even get his boyfriend to come up and have some free dinner. But he sure as hell was not going to let that dirt bag get to him.

One last drag, he thought to himself, ecstatic to have another cigarette after almost six months without one. 

spiffehmonsterr

5:20pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

((Bump!))
spiffehmonsterr

5:59pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

((Tiny bump? xD))
spiffehmonsterr

11:14am Sep 23 2010

Normal User

((Big bump.))
chance437

11:30am Sep 23 2010

Normal User

((Sorry, I'm running out of things to post.))

Sterling sighed, pushing the now empty plate away from him. Time to order again, He thought, smirking to himself. Ah, life was good. 

spiffehmonsterr

11:45am Sep 23 2010

Normal User

((Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll make it a bit easier.))

Seth re-entered and put his apron back on. Seeing a clear plate, he went to Sterling. "Would you like your check, sir?" he asked. He was hopeful. Jesus, wasn't it torment enough for him to simply walk in? Looking at those lips was worse than being stabbed, although that's what it felt like. He could remember their taste.. Oh he wanted that taste.. But that was the past. 

chance437

11:46am Sep 23 2010

Normal User

"Nope." Sterling grinned. "I'm still hungry. Now, what would you recommend?"

spiffehmonsterr

11:56am Sep 23 2010

Normal User

Seth sighed, and put a hand to his temple. Well, he hadn't really been expecting things to be this easy. "Sterling, what's it going to take to get you out of my hair?" he asked plainly. "I'll take care of the meal price, I'll even get you desert. But can't you like... I dunno, leave?" It was of course his luck that this would happen. Only Sterling could find him in a town like this.
chance437

12:05pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

"I'm just hungry. What, a guy can't enter a diner and eat?" Sterling asked, digging into his back pocket. He fished out two hundred dollar bills, laying them on the table. "I. Want. Food."

spiffehmonsterr

12:11pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

Two hundred dollars. For food. Sterling never did cease to amaze him.

"Another burger?" he asked. Well, whatever. He'd better tip him pretty well. "More soda? A steak? Chef's choice?" He couldn't remember. Was Sterling picky? He racked his brain, trying to remember the home cooked meals. Repress memories long enough, and eventually you forget the things you need to remember. 

chance437

12:15pm Sep 23 2010 (last edited on 12:16pm Sep 23 2010)

Normal User

"I dunno, you pick." Sterling shrugged. He didn't know what he wanted to eat yet; he just knew he was hungry. Two hundred dollars. He'll add another two for tip.

spiffehmonsterr

12:47pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

Seth held in his grumbles, and jotted down something. "Steak with onion rings, coming up, alright?" He took his gl*censored*, not caring if it was full or not. Might as well make sure it wasn't all watered down. He returned with the refill and couldn't help but pause. "So, what are you doing on the road like this?" he asked. "What about your job?"
chance437

1:19pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

"Oh, thats right, you wouldn't know..." Sterling replied. "I bought the company about a year ago. Since I own it, I can't get fired."

spiffehmonsterr

1:25pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

Seth sighed lightly. Must be nice, he thought to himself. But he had to admit, he liked this small town. He was settled, mostly. "Don't you think you should stay nearby in case something goes wrong?"
chance437

1:26pm Sep 23 2010

Normal User

"You're trying really hard to get me out of here." Sterling chuckled. "There's this thing, called a phone. They have my number just in case. But I doubt anything will happen."

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6