I Didn't Mean To Hit.. (OnexOne, Not sure what'll happen to lurkers. :3)

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Bookmark Thread
spiffehmonsterr

3:23pm Sep 21 2010 (last edited on 3:39pm Sep 21 2010)

Normal User

{PLOT}

Seth and Sterling went out for years. Everyone thought it was the perfect relationship. But then one night things went wrong. Seth walked in on his lover with another person, a girl. He lost it. Then Sterling lost it, and put him in the hospital. The two didn't speak after that, Seth moved, and they hadn't seen each other since. But now Sterling wants him back. He's tracked him down and is ready to do jut about anything to get him back.

~SETTING~

Seth's work in his new hometown, a small community in North Carolina. A diner-type restaurant located on the edge of the town. The town is called Topsail Beach, located on the water, the perfect escape for someone who wants live a quiet life.  

chance437

3:31pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Lol, (Chance's) character's name'll be... Sterling.

spiffehmonsterr

3:38pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Can this day get any worse? That's never the attitude to have, especially when you had to deal with happy towns people all day. At least he didn't have to deal with snobby women, snot nosed kids, or creepy old guys. That was one of the perks of living here in Topsail; you hardly ever dealt with tourists, no matter what your job was. The community barely house five hundred people so it wasn't like there was a lot to see.

Seth worked at a small Diner called "Elvis Resort". It was cheesy, something you'd see in the fifties, but he had fun working there. They were loose with clothing, allowing him to wear jeans and a nice button up shirt, as long as it was tucked in. Today his jeans were tight bell-bottom styled, and his shirt was purple. He wore a black apron as he moved from table to table, trying to keep up with the friendly conversation. He had his regulars, such as the Russel family, which was a mother and her two sons; Mr. Randall, the old man who didn't say much but always left a healthy tip; and of course, Miss Betty, who had a mouth like sailor but a heart of gold. Nothing exciting ever happened here, and that was why Seth loved it.

He'd had a few flings over the last few years, and was currently seeing someone. It wasn't a deep relationship, but he treated him well and kept him out of trouble. No one here knew much about his past, and he liked to keep it that way. He'd left everything back home in that empty house two years ago. He was now twenty three, and actually enjoyed being out on his own.

((Sorry it's iffy, I'm having a brain fart.)) 

chance437

3:45pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Sterling cut the engine of his car, closing the door to the convertible behind him as he stood up an looked at the diner. 'Elvis Resort'. Ah well, it would do, all he wanted was a burger. Like most days, Sterling found himself looking over his past, and what he had done. That was three years ago, yet his face still haunted his dreams.

Sterling shook the thoughts out of his head, pushing the door open and entering the diner. He sat at a booth, not wanting to be seen much. He wouldn't be in this town long, anyway. He jumped from city to city faster than most could utter his name. 

spiffehmonsterr

4:03pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Seth didn't bother to look as the bell over the door jingled. His green eyes were focused on the pad in his hand, going over his order. As he made it to the counter and p*censored*ed on the slip to the cook, he caught sight of the back of a head sitting in a booth. He was a pro at this by now, so he realized immediately that this was a newcomer. For some reason, the knot in his stomach doubled in size before loosening up the slightest bit. Pushing a stray blonde bang back behind his ear to sit with his ponytail, he plastered a fake smile on his face. He ignored the strange feeling and walked over to the table.

"Hello, sir, can I get you-" He paused. He was so familiar. Seth searched for his eyes, and nearly dropped his pad. Was that really- No! 

spiffehmonsterr

4:58pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((Bump?))
chance437

5:02pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((I didn't see that.))

"Double bacon cheeseburger and a co-Seth?" Sterling started, his eyes widening at the sound of that familiar voice. No, this could not be happening; not again. Sterling laid on a mask of indifference; no way was he going to let this get to him.

"And a Coke." 

spiffehmonsterr

5:11pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Seth felt the knot that was in his stomach raise  to his throat, and his eyes threatened to water, but he didn't dare cry. He clenched his booklet a little tighter, scribbling down the order and walking away without another word. He turned in the order and made his way to the bathroom, feeling as though he might be sick. Great, Sterling found him in the middle of nowhere. Whatever he did in his past life, Karma really knew how to get him back.
spiffehmonsterr

5:16pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((It's okay. I might have to go for a bit, I need to walk.))
spiffehmonsterr

5:16pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((But it shouldn't be long. My friends are buggin' me to go get a pumpkin coffee.))
spiffehmonsterr

8:13pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((I'm back))
chance437

8:24pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

Sterling drummed his fingers on the table, trying to take his mind off Seth. Jeez, karma was a b!tch.

((One line of fail.)) 

spiffehmonsterr

8:29pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

After a near panic attack in the bathroom, Seth returned to work, all but ignoring the fact that Sterling existed. He didn't even bother taking him his soda until the burger was ready. He was tempted to spit in the basket, but wasn't going to lose his job over this piece of crap. He set it down on the table, offering a smug smile. 

"I hope you enjoy your mean, sir." he said. 

spiffehmonsterr

9:04pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((Bump. ^^'))
spiffehmonsterr

9:27pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

((I have to go for the night.))
Happykitty

9:28pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

hI
chance437

10:06pm Sep 21 2010

Normal User

"Thank you, Seth." Damon replied, his voice soft. He raised his silver gaze to meet Seth's, pausing as he met his eyes before flicking them away.

"How have you been?" He asked conversationally. 

spiffehmonsterr

10:53am Sep 22 2010

Normal User

"Excellent," Seth said, deciding to stand his ground. The firey attitude he'd held when he was younger came back. "New house, new job. Great boyfriend," Oh, well that was pushing it. They went on dates. Were they really together though? Oh well, like Sterling would care, he was going to be leaving eventually. "Perfect little town. Which reminds me, why are you here?" He fought to keep his smug little smirk off of his face, but didn't win. Nothing could be perfect with Sterling, in his opinnion. Almost... But he'd ruined it.
chance437

2:13pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

That's good to hear, I'm glad to see that you're happy." Sterling said honestly.. "I've been traveling the country is all. But you know that I've always wanted to do that."

spiffehmonsterr

2:18pm Sep 22 2010

Normal User

Of course Seth knew that. He remembered hours of talking about it. He wouldn't admit that he still had a jar of change buried in his closet labeled, "Love Bug Funds". Some things were harder to let go of than a house in a town he'd never loved. Possessions from Sterling had somehow made it into small hiding places.

"Glad to see you're finally doing something that makes you happy," he said, unable to keep his remarks back. Jesus, he was going to get himself fired. "Gonna go meet someone at the local motel then? We don't have *censored*s in this town, so you'll have a rough time finding one." He never had asked where Sterling had picked up his one night stand, if she'd even been that, but he liked to *censored*ume she was a prostitute or something. Anything to make him feel better. 

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6