Don't hold me up now (L and Kira only. >:U) I can stand my own ground.

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Bookmark Thread
Ninetails

11:01pm Jun 15 2010

Normal User

"What's there to tell?" Karin said, smirking as he began to walk backwards. "I already told you before. Do I need to repeat myself?" She paused, then added, "You're going to run into something, and I'm not going to warn you."

People really have no idea what they're talking about. Seriously?
Kira333

11:22pm Jun 15 2010

Normal User

"Well," Nicholas blinked at Karin. He could see the shadows of things on the ground, anyway; he didn't need Karin to warn him about anything. "I think you should tell me about how you're still safe, and why you haven't been stolen away by the government."

Beautiful Sunset
Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and stars are falling, all for us.

Ninetails

11:54pm Jun 15 2010

Normal User

"Maybe the government doesn't know what I can do," Karin said simply stuffing her hands into her sweater's pockets. "And that's that."

Kira333

12:22am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Nicholas grinned. "Lucky you," he murmured, dropping his head to stare at his shoes. "I...don't know how the government found us, but I'm glad they haven't found you..." He looked up at Karin again, looking deadly serious. "Let's never talk again, okay? If you get involved with us, they'll find you for sure."

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

12:40am Jun 16 2010 (last edited on 12:40am Jun 16 2010)

Normal User

"Yeah, I suppose," Karin said, rubbing the back of her neck briefly before letting her hand drop back to her hips again, and looked down to the ground, as well.

"Let's never talk again, okay?"

Her head snapped up before the last word had escaped his lips. "W-what?" She stared at him incredulously. "I know you for not even a day and already you're telling me to get lost?" Tears began to form in her eyes, completely ignoring Nicholas' last statement.

Kira333

12:45am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Nicholas' eyes widened, realizing that he'd accidently hit her where it hurt. "No, Karin, that's not what I mean!" he exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders. For some reason, he always thought that if you touched someone while they were on the verge of tears, it would make them feel better. "I-I meant...that if you hang around us, you'd get in really big trouble.

"See, the government doesn't know what you are right now, and if they find out that we're...interacting with you, they'll suspect something's up. Eventually, they'll find out that you're..." He lowered his voice, leaning close to Karin and whispering, "one of us!"

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

1:01am Jun 16 2010 (last edited on 1:16am Jun 16 2010)

Normal User

She shook her head warily. "No, no, you don't have to pretend," Karin told him. "Wouldn't the government have found already? If they know about you oh-so-much. They're not going to find out about me, if they haven't gotten to you." She shrugged out of his grip, looking sideways and at the ground.

Kira333

1:12am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Nicholas sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Honestly, Karin," he breathed, placing a hand on his hip and leaning back to look at the sky. After a moment of silence, he looked back down at Karin, squinting. "Okay, look. They have gotten to us before; that's why there's only four of us living with a caretaker. There was five of us, but..." He sighed. "He didn't make it. As far as I know, he's dead now. Too many experiments."

He kicked at a stone near his foot, watching it tumble away. "I'm not pretending. I'm just worried that they'll find you."

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

1:27am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

"I can take care of myself," Karin *censored*ured him, looking back up at Nicholas and raising her voice. "How do you think I've escaped the hands of the government so far? Huh? By myself, thank you. Noone's helped me." Taking her hands out from her pockets, she added, "And you know what? You're not helping yourselves by staying in a group. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're just making it easier for the goddamn government to get you!" Crossing her arms, she said, "You're making it so they can kill two birds with one stone. Or, in this case, four birds."

Kira333

1:32am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Nicholas looked down, pursing his lips. "We know," he said quietly, forcing himself to pull his gaze away from his shoes to look at Karin. "It's just...we don't have many caretakers. If we did, we'd pair off, a caretaker and a special. Or, maybe a caretaker and two specials. But, we don't." He sighed again. "Most of them have been hunted down and taken care of, and now, Elli's the only one left. We can't go back to our parents, 'cause, they know who they are, so for the most part, we're all pretty much screwed."

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

1:53am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Karin stared at him for a moment. "Why do you need a caretaker?" she said finally.  "You're better off on your own. You don't need anyone else..." She broke her gaze from him, looking at the ground.

Kira333

1:57am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

"None of us like being or feeling alone," Nicholas murmured, blinking at Karin. Maybe, she wasn't like them, and she'd never stopped to realize that she was in fact alone. Until she found someone else, like the others had. "Stop trying to poke holes in this whole situation.. No one likes to be alone. No one."

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

2:10am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

"I'm just saying," she said with a slight shrug and stuffed her hands into her jeans pockets, her overall fierceness dying down. "Later you'll wonder what went wrong. You don't have to wonder." She gazed up at a lone hawk soaring at the sky, scrutinizing it before looking back at Nicholas. "Some people do. You don't know."

Kira333

11:59am Jun 16 2010

Normal User

"I think that's you," Nicholas said, frowning at Karin. She was alone already, and as far as he could see, she didn't mind it one bit. "Am I right?" he asked, forcing his own hands into his pockets.

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

12:48pm Jun 16 2010

Normal User

She shrugged again, mindlessly gazing at her surroundings. "Maybe," she replied simply. "Do you think so?"

Kira333

1:37pm Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Without a second thought, Nicholas said quickly, "I do," nodding as he did, as by nodding, he could confirm his beliefs. "Is it true?" he asked.

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

2:25pm Jun 16 2010

Normal User

"Oh?" Karin smirked. "Is that so? Well, maybe it is true. Maybe it isn't. I didn't say that I necessarily liked being alone, but just maybe it's best for everyone." 

Kira333

11:14pm Jun 16 2010

Normal User

Nicholas sighed, feeling defeated. "Nevermind," he mumbled, shaking his head. It looked like he was shaking out his hair, but oh, well. "Just forget it all. I'm going home." With that, he started off, hanging his head.

Beautiful Sunset

Ninetails

5:09pm Jun 24 2010

Normal User

Karin sighed, watching him walk off for a moment or two before removing her hands from her pockets and starting after him. "Wait," she said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Kira333

6:08pm Jun 24 2010

Normal User

( Oh, so, now you reply, huh? D< )

Nicholas stiffened when Karin touched his shoulder, and he turned to look at her, squinting. "What is it now?" he asked, sounding a bit irritated. He just hoped he wasn't going to get yelled at or anything.

Beautiful Sunset

Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8