[CH] Whoever [Private] Would've Thought... [Ice]

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Bookmark Thread
Iceheart46

8:34pm Jan 3 2012 (last edited on 8:34pm Jan 3 2012)

Normal User

"Uh, they- they work.  A lot.  Usually out-of-town," Drake explained.  This, he was used to saying to people.  An easy lie.  An easy way out.  "I don't see them much."
At least the cup was off of her mind.  Or was it?
Well, that was the only thing to think, since it wasn't the hot topic right now, so problem averted.   But now, something else came up - should he tell her the story?  I mean, it was just a silly story, to the humans on Earth, anyway.  In Yucaria, anything was possible.  And imagination played a big role in the kingdom.  Imagination was truly... wild.  There were even tales of ancient mages who mastered the art of Imagination and could use the power to their every whim.  That wasn't proved yet, though.  That really was a story.
Imaginations acting up wasn't a story.  There were true encounters with those, and one story rung true and was most popular.
"And, as for that story.. I guess I could tell it.  If you want.  It's just that my parents told it to me.  When they were home."

- ☀ -
hiiii. you can call me ice.
bands took over my life and
i laugh too hard at bad jokes.
meh. x
- ☀ -
CH

5:32pm Jan 4 2012

Normal User

Quickly, my face softened to understanding. His parents worked a lot. He probably didn't see them often. I couldn't imagine how that would be. Just when she was tempted to ask more, like if he felt lonely, or how he got his food if his parents were always out of town? But he kept going. 
"I'd love to hear it."
I said, a smile on my face as I leaned on the table. 

Back from hiatus. Open to more roleplays!
Iceheart46

5:42pm Jan 4 2012 (last edited on 5:42pm Jan 4 2012)

Normal User

"Well, it's sort of short, but amusing," he started.  "There was one kid who was going to kindergarten.  It was snack time, and he loved snack time, running over and getting there before everyone else."
He paused, chuckling slightly.
"Then he saw snakes in his bowl of snacks.
However, it wasn't really a bowl of snakes.  His imagination was acting up and so he thought they were snakes.   But really, they were just gummy worms."
With a grin, Drake remembered when he was first told the story.  Of course his parents always told it with their own special vibrancy that he could never replicate.  They made everything seem more entertaining than it did when Drake said it.  That's why he enjoyed it so much.  And their company, just being there with them, could make someone happy.  Or at least it made Drake happy.

- ☀ -
meh. x
- ☀ -
CH

5:49pm Jan 4 2012

Normal User

It surprised me, how he smiled when he thought of his parents instead of frowned. At least he didn't resent them for leaving him all the time, that was good. 
I chuckled after the story before putting it in thought. 
"I guess you're right."
I started before pushing the cup to his side of the table.
"It was just my imagination.

Iceheart46

6:11pm Jan 4 2012

Normal User

(fpfffff-t-ffffft.  I dun know what to say next, Flurpeh. :I )
I fail at this RP D|  I really don't know what to sayyy :cccc  I just stick us in a bad position.
I be a FAILURE.

- ☀ -
meh. x
- ☀ -
CH

6:12pm Jan 4 2012

Normal User

[[Hmm... The blizzard can light up and they can go to the party? Maybe another power comes to Drake there while all the people are there? D: ]

Iceheart46

6:30pm Jan 4 2012 (last edited on 6:30pm Jan 4 2012)

Normal User

(Sure.)

Drake looked out the window at this point, not really wanting to answer.  Because maybe she didn't really imagine it.  Maybe.  Then again, maybe she did imagine it - MAYBE.
So much maybe was getting pretty annoying.  Drake wanted to know things.  Not maybe know things.
What he saw out the window was great.  Checking the clock, he'd make it just in time for Adam's party.  "The blizzard's let up!" he said.  "The party is still on.  We can make it.  When do you want to meet up again?"

- ☀ -
meh. x
- ☀ -
Iceheart46

5:42pm Jan 5 2012

Normal User

(bump)

- ☀ -
meh. x
- ☀ -
CH

7:04pm Jan 5 2012

Normal User

[[Wait... What does he mean by that last question? ]]

Iceheart46

8:16pm Jan 5 2012

Normal User

(Before, she said like 5:00 [I don't even remember...] and so it's past that time or something, so he's asking her again for like a new time....)

- ☀ -
meh. x
- ☀ -
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5