'~Out of Reach~' [Small group RP]

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Bookmark Thread
angelmist27

7:38pm Sep 19 2013

Normal User

((I am SO very sorry! I must have skipped over her post by accident! I read it and I understand. I'm willing to wait a day or two, but If it takes longer then five(Which I hope it doesn't) Days, I think I'll continue the RP. Again, I'm terribly sorry for missing your post and replying!))

\r\n\'Create
fawn

8:15pm Sep 19 2013

Normal User

{I did ask, and while it would have been greatly appreciated if you guys waited so I didn't have to catch up at all, I will not leave the roleplay.
I have to go to dinner right now, but I'll type the reply at dinner and post it when I get back. If you all could refrain from posting for a few hours, that would be lovely.
Thank you. c:}

angelmist27

8:22pm Sep 19 2013

Normal User

((A few hours? No problem ^^ We'll be waiting. :3))

\r\n\'Create
fawn

2:13am Sep 20 2013 (last edited on 2:19am Sep 20 2013)

Normal User

{Took a little longer than anticipated, sorry.
Got a new keyboard~}

The sun had risen fully into the sky, but a flame-haired girl who was very late for a very important meeting was still sleeping soundly. With one arm propped under her head and the the other slung over her closed eyes, she looked half-dead lying on that metal roof high above the streets. She had been up very late the night before - midnight, at least - but this was common for the half-phoenix girl, and not why she was sleeping in. She was dreading this meeting, and not just because it required her to wake up earlier than usual.

She didn't want to have to go on some stupid journey if she was perfectly happy and thriving while living on her own. Sure, her current life was at times lonely, but it was a lax lifestyle. Sleeping until midday, sweeping the streets until late at night, lighting things on fire and watching it burn just because she could. There was the occasional guard chase, but once they were burned to a crisp, they always lost the desire to follow her.

Time ticked on. An hour after the meeting should have started, she finally woke herself up with an irritated grunt. She sat up, propped herself up against the metal shingles of the roof faintly warmed by the dull early-morning sun, then swung her legs over the edge of the five-story building. She had scaled the building (with much difficulty) the previous night, and since it was high up and safe, she had decided to rest there for the night. Her back ached from laying against the solid and uneven tiles, but it was hardly anything new. She had slept on bare rock before.

Her amber eyes blinked a few times, attempting to adjust to the sudden bright light that was the sun. She rubbed at her eyes, then found a pair of darkened shades in her pocket and pushed them onto the bridge of her nose. Much better, she mentally concluded, nodding to herself. She loved the sun, practically worshipped that gloriously warm star, but it was not her friend in the early morning.

Grumbling whiny protests to no one in particular, she slid down to the gutter of the building and lowered herself down. Her hands immediately gripped the edge of the metal gutter, her knuckles turning pale right as she clung to the edge for dear life. Her mind screamed at her; What are you gonna do now, genius?! She hadn't planned this out. The metal began to creak beneath her hands, and as it did so, her breath quickened. The streets below were busy with cars, and one little slip would mean certain death.

She swallowed, caught her breath, and slowly unfurled her wings. She couldn't use them to fly, but perhaps they could work as a way to at least soften her landing? She closed her eyes, softly counted to three, and let herself drop off the edge.

After a lot of screaming and the flailing of wings and arms, she landed flat on her butt on the sidewalk. She whimpered softly upon impact, then sat there for a moment, trying to catch her breath. After a few minutes, she decided that she was ready to go look for the warehouse where the mutants were to meet. She stood, smoothed out her ruffled feathers, combed her fingers through her wavy hair, readjusted her glasses, snapped her wings in against her back, and promptly began walking. She didn't have much to hide, but what she did have - a pair of wings - were nearly impossible to conceal. She just kept them pressed against her back and prayed that no one would notice them.

She swept down the sidewalk, walking past guards and other humans and trying not to visibly tense when they took a double-take upon seeing her. She just bit her tongue and hoped they wouldn't notice the flash of orange feathers against her back. The warehouse was nearby now, she knew it; but one of them spotted her differences before she could reach safety.

"Hey!" the guard's gruff voice sounded behind her, as soon as she heard the voice, her entire body stiffened. She muttered a curse under her breath, then shot off as fast as her legs could carry her. The sun was still too weak for her fire abilities to truly work, so it would be useless trying to fight him like she usually did when guards spotted her. She could hear his heavy footsteps behind her, just feet from her heels. She raced through the streets, bowling over other people and knocking over trashcans in her wake. She was causing a huge scene, but it hardly mattered. She knew that she needed to get out of there.

She turned the corner, her gaze finding the warehouse just down the road. She just needed to lose the guard, but how? She couldn't lead him into that warehouse where there were other mutants just waiting to be captured.

She stopped, holding her hands out in front of her. "You got me," she falsely admitted defeat in her Southern accent, hanging her head in well-acted shame. The man came forward, ready to put her under arrest, when a tiny but powerful little ember was flicked into his eye. Her powers were weak in the early morning, but sparks weren't difficult to conjure up at any time of day.

The guard stumbled backwards in surprise, and she was off again before she could come up with a witty farewell remark. A moment later, she was standing in the old warehouse, leaning heavily against the door and breathing hard. She raised a hand in greeting, but was too tired to do much else.

She leaned against the door and observed the room while she caught her breath. The warehouse was old, dusty. The high, cracked windows were blurred by smudges and dirt, and the paint-job was peeling. There were less people than she was expecting; it look like there was only about five or so. A griffon girl, a manticore lady, a dragon man, a cat (wait, what was a cat doing there, exactly?), and a tiny little boy that she couldn't even begin to guess the mutation of.

She realized that she was suddenly feeling much less tired, and took a deep breath. "Let's get this over with," she muttered, folding her arms over her chest and flashing a cocky, "I'm-far-too-good-for-you-all" grin at the group of mutants.

{CRAP this turned out really long didn't it? I'm sorry. ;u;}

Graveyardfox

2:16am Sep 20 2013

Normal User

((Just nitpicking but my bakeneko isn't in human form. vnv He's taken the form of a street cat he ran into and is hiding behind some boxes so he is harder to notice.))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
fawn

2:18am Sep 20 2013

Normal User

{Oops, sorry Loki-shrub! Will fix now. c:}

FluzzMe

9:16am Sep 20 2013

Normal User

((Who's posting next? lD))

AlloraSilverfield

1:33pm Sep 20 2013

Normal User

((It's not me, I've already gone twice, unless we are doing introductions))

angelmist27

9:40am Sep 21 2013

Normal User

((I guess I'll do another. There is really no order to go in guys, so you can post whenever you want. C: Also, I'm going to post later tonight because I'm a bit busy today. ^^))

\r\n\'Create
FluzzMe

10:30am Sep 21 2013 (last edited on 10:30am Sep 21 2013)

Normal User

((Alright.))

fawn

12:58pm Sep 21 2013

Normal User

{I'm down with whatever. c:}

FluzzMe

7:50pm Sep 21 2013 (last edited on 7:51pm Sep 21 2013)

Normal User

((-cough- Is this dying? -cough-))

fawn

7:57pm Sep 21 2013

Normal User

{Nah man, it's only been a day. vuv
But I swear if this dies after I typed that long as crap reply I'm going to harm an innocent puppy.}

angelmist27

10:06pm Sep 21 2013

Normal User

((Hey guys, can everyone ((except sona-chan)) do a short intro so Kenny can continue the meeting? Honestly it could be a sentence for all I care. I just can't post for Kenny until you do. Sorry. And the reason I say except Sona-chan is because I feel her character wouldn't be one to introduce themselves right away. You can have her introduce herself if you want though.))

\r\n\'Create
FluzzMe

10:09pm Sep 21 2013

Normal User

((Of course! It's late, so I'll post it in the morning. </3))

FluzzMe

3:07pm Sep 22 2013 (last edited on 3:08pm Sep 22 2013)

Normal User

The girl watched from under her hat as the others arrived. She wondered to herself why nobody else seemed to see the cat jump down from the window. It may have been the angle they were at, not being able to see behind the crates. Or it may have been that her eyesight was better than the others. She didn't say anything about him, though, in case he wanted to keep himself a secret. She could easily relate to that.

Ginny caught the gaze of another girl, who was obviously a manticore. She could smell the scorpion most obviously, but behind it there was a mix of other smells. Lion, and... bat? Maybe dragon. She often got those smells mixed up, but she assumed it was dragon. For some reason, she felt that she wasn't going to like this girl. Too... uptight. No, she didn't like her at all.

As the pipe fox introduced himself, Ginny smiled and puffed a small laugh. She immediately liked this boy. He reminded her of Tommy. Aah, yes, Tommy. Her heart stung, knowing that she would probably be dragging him into this somehow. If the soldiers found out she was related to him? She couldn't bare the thought.

Turning to the sewer rat boy, she listened to his introduction. So Dragon was his... bond. Well, not much better than a sewer rat. The only lizard-like bond she had known was clumsy, arrogant, and a complete pain in the ass. Great... Just what we need to lead us. Ginny thought, though she knew she was probably wrong. She sighed, shifting her hat back onto her head properly.

She waited in silence for anyone else to speak up, but heard no one. She kicked gently off the wall, standing up straight and walking over to Kenny. She took a good look at him for the first time. Somewhat attractive, cat like eyes... The typical lizard. Though she found nothing really special in him, she couldn't help but like him. It was most likely just because she was basing him off of another lizard, and she felt bad for doing it.

"My name is Ginny. I am, because I'm sure most of you couldn't tell, a griffon. Quarter lion, quarter golden eagle, and half human. However, I have a feeling I'm more animal than that." she said softly, "I prefer fish to other meats, and I won't touch anything that resembles a plant in any way, shape, or form. My favorite color is brown, and if you give me chocolate, I will be your slave for life." She glanced over at Ikiru, flashing a smile. But instead of seeing Ikiru, she saw Tommy. He would always give her chocolate when she was grumpy or more distant than usual.

Ginny snapped back to reality. It wasn't like her to go off like that, especially not thinking about Tommy. I knew I shouldn't have come... She thought, glancing around the room. She felt her heart sink, but she wasn't sure why. She turned on her heel, starting to walk back to her corner. She stopped, turning back to Kenny and Ikiru. She strode over to the small pipe fox, sitting cross legged next to him. She left a foot gap or so, just in case he was uncomfortable with her. She looked over at the girl who smelled like a bird, mixed with a burned smell. A phoenix  perhaps? Yes, she was almost certain it was a phoenix.

((Sorry it was kinda lame... And for the double post. .-.))

Rika

3:21pm Sep 22 2013

Normal User

((Iki already introduced himself though? |D))

FluzzMe

4:07pm Sep 22 2013

Normal User

((Yes? o3o))

Rika

4:17pm Sep 22 2013

Normal User

((-was talking to Angel x3-

-hugs Fluzzbutt-))

angelmist27

4:21pm Sep 22 2013

Normal User

((Sorry Rika-chan, I forgot, so you don't have to post again unless you want. If I'm right, we just need Grave and Allora-chan to have they're characters to do a quick introduction for themselves.))

\r\n\'Create
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4