We don't have to be like our Fathers.. [Pere & Me].

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Mortal

7:18pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

Gardenia and Gina seemed to have attached themselves permanently to Scorpius as soon as he came back to their carriage, but even they couldn't resist letting go for a few seconds to take a closer look at a moving painting, or a bronze statue, or a suit of armour.

Scorpius himself was overwhelmed. He had grown up in a rich manor, with wealth calling out to him everywhere he looked, and although Hogwarts had the same aura of money and power, it also held age. Everything looked old, and therefore delicate to the touch, and it was all magical to him.

His eyes widened as he took in a moving painting giving him a death glare. Feeling slightly self-conscious, he sped up to follow Gardenia and Gina, not mentioning it to them, though.

They were met by a short, pudgy man who introduced himself as the Earth Magic Professor.

"Earth Magic?" Gina whispered. "My mother never said anything about Earth Magic." She wrinkled her nose, as if it was an insult. "Why would we want to play around in the dirt? Are they going to make us do some voodoo dancing, or something, around a campfire?"

Gardenia giggled, and she slapped her hand against Gina's. Scorpius rolled his eyes, and listened to the Professor stutter a bit, before he led them into the Great Hall.

If Scorpius had thought the stuff on the way to the Great Hall was cool, the Great Hall was amazing. It was lit with candles, and Scorpius could make out the four House banners - Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw - as well as the hundreds of students sitting at the tables under each.

"Oooh, look at the ceiling!" Gardenia squealed, and Scorpius was amazed to see the night twinkling above them, stars shining brightly.

He was about to make a comment, but then they were ushered into a single file line, and Scorpius' heart started beating so fast, he thought it might run out of his chest. 

The Sorting began, and students were called out to the front to sit on a stool and put an old, tattered hat on. Scorpius didn't recognise any of them, until Gina.

"Brown, Gina!" The Earth Magic Professor called, and Gina gulped, sending them a wild, nervous look, before making her way to the front, poised and elegant, none of her hesitance showing. It spent five seconds on her head, before yelling, "RAVENCLAW!"

Scorpius' jaw dropped. Ravenclaw? For Gina? He didn't really want to insult his childhood friend, but really, she didn't hold much intelligence at all. She was more content with flouncing around, acting like an airhead.

If the Sorting Hat was this wrong, he dreaded to think where it would place him.

Finally, his name was called.

"Malfoy, Scorpius."

He could feel the glares, stares and eyes burning into the back of his head, and for a second cursed his dad for giving them such a stupid reputation. 

"Come along, son," the Earth Magic Professor prodded him, and he hastened his pace. Reaching the stool, he sat on it quickly and hurriedly jabbed the Sorting Hat over his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the other students. The last thing he saw was Albus and Rose.

The Sorting hat didn't say anything, but he felt a strange sensation in his head, as if it was rifling through his memories. This went on for quite a long time, until finally, still not saying a thing to him, it screamed, "GRYFFINDOR!"

No one clapped. He didn't expect them to. He was shocked himself.

"Go on, boy," Professor Olestice encouraged him. "The table with the red."

Scorpius was too dazed to make a snappy reply, saying that, yes, he knew which table was Gryffindor judging by the shocked stares, the wide open mouths and the scarlet robes saying, "Gryffindor."

Sitting himself down next to an older boy, one who looked like he was in Second Year, maybe, he said mournfully, "Hello."

Merlin. How was he going to explain this to his father?

YummiLand

7:42pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

"Gryffindor?" Rose breathed, staring hopelessly after Scorpius. "But, but.. he's a Malfoy! This doesn't make any sense at all! All his ancestors, relatives have been in Slytherin though! How could he have been placed in the house where everyone practically hates him?! They need a new Sorting Hat! It-- it can't be!" she complained, she said this all in a very fast tone. She hadn't realized what she was saying, she sounded a tad rude. 

"Rose.. Rose.. Rose!" Albus whispered to the light ginger-haired girl next to him, he tugged on her robes again, trying to force Rose to stop her 'me, myself and I' quarreling and calculations.

Rose finally stopped after several moments and turned to face Albus with sorrow and confusion. "I'm sorry Albus, it's just that this is so.. overwhelming.. it just.. doesn't make sense to me at all," she apologized, taking a short, worried glance at Scorpius.

"Potter, Albus" Professor Olestice called.

Albus shrugged his shoulders at Rose before quickly running up to the stool and placing the shabby hat onto his head. He could feel it making small movements and hear it's 'hmm..'s' and 'ohh..'s'. It took almost five minutes before the Sorting Hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!".

The Scarlet and Gold decorated table burst with applause, whistles and hollers. Albus smiled and rushed over to the suddenly happy atmosphered table, though before he made sure he placed the old hat back upon it's stool. He received a few hand shakes, pats on the back and smiles on his way to where he wanted to sit, next to the depressed blond.

He squeezed a seat next to Scorpius and turned his face ex
pression into a slightly serious one. "You look kind of green.. are you okay?" he asked, examining the other boy's face.

(c)YummiLand
want roleplay o3o / OFFLINE
Mortal

7:50pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

"Would you be okay if you were sorted into Slytherin?" Scorpius asked back dully, staring at the table. His father was understanding, sure, but even he had his limits. Raising his eyes, he saw Gina staring at him incredulously and slightly angrily. He shrank slightly, before realising what he was doing, blushing and straightening his back, lifting his chin. He wasn't going to let some people who didn't even know him judge him by his parents' history. 

YummiLand

9:08pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

"Yeah. I'd be fine with it," Albus started off, "Sure it'd be a surprise but, I'd deal with it. You know my father was almost sorted into Slytherin but, he suggested to the Sorting Hat that he'd be good in Gryffindor and the Hat took in his consideration and sorted him into here." he looked around at all the gleeful looking Gryffindor students, "Dad said to me earlier that it doesn't matter which House you get sorted into, he said the Sorting Hat's making it easier for you because it knows which House you'll exceed beyond expectations in. I was really worried about possibly being sorted into Slytherin but, I got over it, thinking about my Dad's words," Albus smiled brightly at Scorpius, "So it's no mistake you were sorted into Gryffindor. In Slytherin or Ravenclaw or maybe even Hufflepuff you might've not do as well as you would throughout the year.. I guess," he shrugged his shoulders and continued to smile at Scorpius before turning back his attention to the Sorting Ceremony.

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

9:18pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

Scorpius pondered his words. As much as he hated to admit it, Harry Potter's words were getting to him, through his son. But what qualities did he have of Gryffindor? Gryffindors were brave, brash, not afraid to do anything. As far as he knew, he was none of these. His parents had taught him to be cunning, to manipulate sometimes in the right circumstances. Hell, he had even been taught to hate the colour red. What did the Sorting Hat think would get him through Gryffindor?

Onviously, it had it out for him and his family, judging by the hostile stares coming towards him from the other Gryffindors.

He turned to watch the rest of the ceremony, and was surprised to see Gardenia go to Hufflepuff. So that was the three of them Sorted, but none to Slytherin. Certainly strange. Possibly suspicious. He could see the Headmistress hiding a smile.

The Ceremony ended, and she stood up to give a dull speech. The only words that went through his ears were 'Forbidden Forest' and 'allowed'. Probably there was a 'not' in front of the latter, but he hadn't heard it.

And then everyone was taking food from the platters that had magically appeared with sauces, chicken, potatoes and vegetables, and he realised he was expected to eat now. Gulping, he decided it might be better to sneak down to the Kitchens the way his Father had told him. It might not be below the Gryffindors to try and poison him.

YummiLand

9:53pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

"Oy, Al!" A voice shouted a few seats across from him. "Mum accidently packed this in my trunk. I was going to give it to yeh in the train but, nah.. I decided I do things to it before I gave it back to yeh,". The voice belonged to James Potter the Second, Albus' older brother. He threw a long rod of wood at Albus and Albus caught it clumsily. 

"James! What did you do with it! I'm telling Dad!" Albus looked angry at him, he rolled his wand in his hands, checking to see what James had down to it.

"Hey, Don't get your knickers in a bunch Ally. Just jokes is all." James said in defense, winking at the flushed Albus.

"Whatever James," he muttered, placing his wand on the table. Rose sat next to James and was currently looking thrilled, looking like she was asking him numerous questions. She had also been sorted into Gryffindor.

"Hey, er-- What kind of wand do you have? I got a 13 inch, Hazel wood, Phoenix feather one." Albus asked, looking curiously at Scorpius.

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

10:05pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

Scorpius watched as a boy who looked like the (in)famous Harry Potter threw a length of wood at Albus, and figured he was Albus' brother. What was his name again? His father had told him... Jeremy? Jack? John?

"James! What did you do with it! I'm telling Dad!" Albus said angrily from next to him, and he realised that the older boy was James, named after Potter's dad. James and Albus bickered, and he watched, interested. He had never had a sibling to argue with before. It was usually just his mum, or Gina, or Gardenia. Mainly his mum.

He heard Albus ask him a question, about a wand. "Oh, er..." He wondered helplessly about what Albus could have asked him, before guessing. "Um, 13 inches, cherry wood, dragon heartstring?" He hoped it was the right answer.

YummiLand

7:10pm Oct 30 2011

Normal User

"Oh cool," Albus commented before dropping his wand into his pocket and filling his plate with many delicious foods. Chicken, mashed potatoes, a mixture of vegetables, gravy.. Albus lost count, everything seemed so abundant. He afterwards filled his goblet with Pumpkin Juice, right up to the brim. 

He turned to Scorpius, looking nervously at the food and lightly punched him in the shoulder. "Aren't you hungry?" he asked, nearly dipping his tie into his bowl of mashed potatoes. "I mean, how could you not be hungry? there's so much food!"   

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

3:58am Nov 11 2011

Normal User

((I'm grovelling now. SO SORRY, YUMMI. </3 I abandoned you. I forgot about my Res RPs. I'm such a lazy and forgetful bugger. I'm so stupid. Forgive me, pleeease.))

"Don't want to risk the chance of poison," Scorpius muttered darkly. "Although that might be the better option, instead of facing breakfast tomorrow morning. No doubt my dad will hear about this, and I'll get a howler." He violently squashed his peas with the flat of the tines of his fork. "Wanna be my poison tester?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw some frantic waving from the Ravenclaw table, and turned his head slightly to see Gina. She was frowning at him angrily, and upon seeing that she had his attention, began making frenzied cutting motions across her neck. He winced. "Yeah, maybe the poison would be better."

YummiLand

5:36pm Nov 13 2011

Normal User

||It's 100% alright Pere.||

"Oh, Your thinking about what your dad will say when he hears you've made it into Gryffindor.. Er-- don't worry about it too much I guess. Sure, he might send you a Howler or something but, that'll be temporary. And it wasn't totally your fault that you got sorted into 'ere," Albus told Scorpius, taking a sliced piece of baguette from one of the bread baskets. He munched on it for a while before turning to face him again, "And obviously the food's not poisoned. We would all be choking and what not if the food was poisoned. The elves prepare the food too, and even if some of 'em did hate your dad then they wouldn't risk poisoning every single Hogwarts student just to try and poison you. I'm just being logical here. That's all." he shrugged his shoulders and resumed eating.  

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

12:41am Nov 14 2011

Normal User

"Yeah, but there are several older students who look like they're ready to hex my face off," Scorpius winced, his voice higher than normal. "And they might have thought of a way to put poison in my food without my knowing." However, he had to agree with some of Albus' logic, and he picked up his fork reluctantly. "If I die, Albus, I'm blaming it all on you." Sparing a glance towards the murderous faces on his right, then on his left, he stabbed a tiny piece of steak rather viciously and slowly, slowly, brought it to his lips. 

He glared a bit at Albus, and then opened his mouth, quickly shoving in the steak before swallowing without chewing. Immediately, he was coughing erratically, clawing at his throat. He snatched the glass of water to his right, not even bothering to be cautious, and gulped it down, his face red. After a few minutes, his breathing had returned to normal, and his face reached it's normal pallor. "Oh, Merlin. I hate when it goes down the wrong tube."

YummiLand

9:14pm Nov 14 2011

Normal User

Albus chuckled, a broad smile appearing on his face. "See! It's not poisoned! --you just swallowed it down the wrong tube, that's all," he explained, having an 'I told you so' ex
pression over his face. Albus turned away from Scorpius for a brief time to finish up his plate nearly empty of mashed potatoes and gravy, spring peas and broccoli and lemon garlic scallops. Finally he had chewed the last of his seafood. He picked up a napkin to wipe off any remainders of food off of his mouth, just as his mother had told him in the case of polite manners.

"You know you should hurry up with your dinner course Scorpius. Dessert's sure to appear soon." Albus pointed out, carefully pushing his plate back. 

(c)YummiLand
Go to page: 1, 2, 3