We don't have to be like our Fathers.. [Pere & Me].

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
YummiLand

7:53pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Rose shook her head. "You don't get it, I'm only using very easy spells first, just to give them a sneak peek at my skill. Then afterwards we go onto simple easy spells," she said, flipping yet another page in her book. Rose definitely had a very different outlook on how difficult the spells were, just like her mother Hermione Granger-Weasley who was probably the most brightest witch in her time. 

Albus examined the two for a moment before looking around the compartment, looking for something to occupy himself. He shrugged his shoulders again and spoke. "Hey Rose, Do y'know that Uncle Nev is the Herbology Professor? I'm hoping I'll do well in his classes..". Albus was referring to Neville Longbottom, a close family friend of the Weasley, Potter clan, whom most of the kids called 'Uncle'.

Rose shook a hand at him, currently very immersed on reading a spell. "Yes-- yes, Dad told me already," she said quietly.

"Oh." He replied, turning to Scorpius. 

(c)YummiLand
want roleplay o3o / OFFLINE
Mortal

7:59pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

"Pfft," Scorpius snorted. "Wouldn't it be more impressive to just go straight out with the advanced stuff?"

And then Albus spoke, about 'Uncle Nev'...

"Neville Longbottom, you mean?" he interrupted their conversation. "The one who cut off Voldie's snake's head?"

YummiLand

8:18pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Rose let out an angered huff. "No, no, no. I've got it all planned out! and I'm not planning to change my strategy either," she tilted her head so her nose was up in the air. She said nothing more after that, ignoring Scorpius and Albus completely now.

Albus nodded, "Yup, we just call 'em Uncle Nev. We don't really talk about what happened in the war much. Dad doesn't like talking about it. But, Once when Uncle Nev was over he told all of us a little about it because my little sister asked. I  think it's name was Nagini or something like that.. I'm not sure.." he said.

Rose immediately looked up at the two again and gasped. "Albus! You know were not supposed to talk about that! I was really disappointed that Uncle Nev told us that.. it's just not right y'know.." she whispered.

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

8:21pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

"Why are you so afraid to talk about it?" Scorpius asked curiously. "My father was a Death Eater, and you'd think he'd want to bury it deep or something, but he tells me stories about it all the time. Like this one time, he told me how he was forced into being a Death Eater by Voldie, and he had to kill Dumbledore, you know that crazy old guy they say was gay? Him, and even thought he had to murder someone, he said it was the best year of his life because it was that year that he fell in love with-"

And then he stopped, and blushed, avoiding their gazes, especially Rose's. "Um, anyway. Yeah. He doesn't mind talking about it."

YummiLand

8:39pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Rose gasped once again but, covered her mouth with both the palms of her hands. "Really?!" it seemed like what Scorpius had just said caught Rose's attention very quickly, "-- hey.. wait a minute.. Albus Dumbledore? Hogwarts' previous Headmaster?! and hold on.. Albus.. aren't you named after that brilliant Professor?" she said, quickly averting her attention to Albus who blushed.

"Well, er-- yeah. Dad told me about him. Said he was a great man.. so I was named in his honour I guess.. or something.. I dunno," Albus stuttered, that question was kind of awkward. 

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

8:42pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

"Yeah," Scorpius said quickly. "Anyway, wouldn't your parents love to talk about it? I mean, they were the great war heroes. They don't have to be ashamed of anything, unlike my dad." He didn't sound abashed at all about talking about his father's crimes; he sounded as if he was stating facts from a textbook.

YummiLand

8:59pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

"Dad's okay about talking about it but, again, he doesn't like mentioning it in front of us. I guess he doesn't want to brag? or something like that. And I get that it might remind him of some sad losses like Uncle Remus and Aunt Nymphadora.." he frowned, his mind filling with the sad stories Mum had once spilled to him, "I really feel bad for Teddy.. those were his parents, killed by some insane woman. And he never really knew them.. they were killed when he was still a baby and we weren't even born yet obviously," Albus said, pausing for a breath of air. "It kind of sucks how my older brother James knows more about it than I do, he says he knows more about it because he's 'more older and mature'. But, I say rubbish."

"Mum says she doesn't want me or Hugo to get bad thoughts into our heads. She said it was terrible and like Albus said-- some very amazing people died and were close with me and Al's parents. Dad however thinks differently and would love to share the stories with us though Mum gets mad at him for trying to do so," Rose explained. 

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

9:07pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Scorpius could just imagine what his father would have said had he heard Rose's last sentence. 'Typical Granger.' He wanted to smile, but it would have been the most inappropriate time. Instead, he said, "I'm sorry. My parents or grandparents didn't really lose anyone close to them. Grandfather says that most of the people on Voldie's side had gone cuckoo by the end of the war, and probably would have killed them if they hadn't ran away. The family kind of drifted, because you can't exactly stay close to people willing to murder you." He shrugged. "My dad said your mum looked like a beaver," he directed at Rose with a sudden grin, changing the subject.

YummiLand

9:19pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Rose's eyebrows furrowed with slight offense. "Well then.. Do I look like a beaver?" she asked him, her face relaxed and calm, she let out a sarcastic smile. "Well?".

Albus bit his lip to keep himself from laughing. This was quite entertaining. He wondered on what Scorpius would answer and just felt he couldn't ruin the moment. So awaiting on his response Albus pulled out of his pocket a Chocolate Frog, taking it out of it's wrapper and munching on it.

||Ack, sorry for the lame reply D<.||

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

9:23pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

((It's fine. <3))

"We-ll..." He studied her. "If I tilt my head to the side and squint a bit...then yeah, I reckon you might." He flashed her a grin, to tell her he was just joking, before spotting Albus with a Chocolate Frog. "Oh, boy! I haven't had chocolate in ages! Gimme some of that, Al!"

YummiLand

9:29pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

Rose rolled her eyes and a true smile escaped her, she shook her head. She continued to read her spell book.

"Here," Albus quietly said, his words muffled by the sound of chocolate in his mouth. He stuffed a hand in his pocket, searching for more chocolate or candy and handed Scorpius a Chocolate Frog. "Sorry if it's a little squished.." he said, then going onto eating a Licorice Wand. 

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

9:33pm Oct 25 2011

Normal User

"You're lucky," Scorpius mumbled through a mouthful of chocolate, having stuffed the Frog in his mouth hurriedly. "My parents can literally buy anything in the world, they're so rich, but they never let me have chocolate. Mother says it'll rot my teeth, and of course she wouldn't want an ugly kid. Dad doesn't really like her, but she's my mother and he lets her put down some rules. He snuck me some once, though." His eyes blanked a bit, remembering the glorious day.

"But your grandparents are dentists, aren't they?" he asked Rose. "On your mum's side?"

He frowned, knowing he sounded like a stalker. "Er..." He wondered how to get out of the awkward situation without revealing anything to them.

YummiLand

7:08pm Oct 26 2011

Normal User

Albus looked confused. "You can't have chocolate? but, but.. it is kind of a healthy part of kid's life.. and your father doesn't like your mother? how does that work?" he asked, tearing a piece of the Licorice Wand.

"Yup. It's pretty interesting learning about our teeth, Gramps and Grams always tell us stories of when they would tend other people's teeth.." Rose held in a laugh, "They're very funny, very." she let out a little giggle.

(c)YummiLand
Tld

8:44pm Oct 26 2011

Normal User

[[ Hey Pear, sorry to interrupt your RP. I thought we were also going to do a HP RP, Yummi? :/
But if you don't want to anymore it's alright, it just would've been nice if you told me. ]]

Mortal

9:57pm Oct 26 2011 (last edited on 9:57pm Oct 26 2011)

Normal User

((That's ok, T. <3))

"My mother isn't the nicest person there is," Scorpius said, wincing at the thought. He looked at the window. "My parents had a purely professional marriage. Continue the bloodline, that's all. No love or anything. Like I told you, dad had already fallen in love in his sixth year. My mother didn't care about anything but the money involved."

YummiLand

5:26pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

"What?! Your father was forced into marrying someone just because of bloodline?" Albus asked, surprised at the thought, he had thought that you only married someone because you loved them. He blushed at his sudden little outrage.

"Albus, That's rude. Not all people have the same traditions as we do. Every family is not the same, and you should respect each other's opinions on things," Rose gave him a disappointed look, she turned to Scorpius, "Don't need to answer it Scorpius. Albus does that a lot, doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut." she gave him a smile. 

The train's whistle blew, indicating they were only half an hour a way from reaching the Hogsmeade Train Station.

"Oh, look! We're almost at Hogwarts!" 

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

5:32pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

Scorpius shrugged. "It's okay, my parents are and grandparents are just really old-fashioned." He heard the whistle blow. "I suppose we should get changed now, shouldn't we?"

He remembered that his robes were back in the compartment where Gina and Gardenia probably held Nico and Bianca. "I'll have to go back to my compartment. It was nice meeting you, though."

YummiLand

5:40pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

Albus waved his hand at Scorpius. "Yeah, Was nice meeting you too, see ya in a few. Oh, and sorry about the- yeah." he said, climbing once again onto the seat and opening the compartment cupboard, rummaging around for his robes.

Rose had already worn her uniform on the way to Platform Nine and Three quarters, so she didn't have to go into any trouble to change. She held the large book over the front of her face, blocking her view. "Now c'mon Albus and change, I can't hold this up for so long," she complained.

||Skippeth Pere? .||  

(c)YummiLand
Mortal

6:22pm Oct 29 2011

Normal User

((Yep. Sorting Ceremony?))

YummiLand

6:53pm Oct 29 2011 (last edited on 6:53pm Oct 29 2011)

Normal User

||Alright :).||

All this was so overwhelming for Albus. The first time he had step foot in the castle, his eyes turned into the size of saucers. The castle was so grand and large, old yet modern, like a stranger but, so homely. It was an amazing feeling to finally be at Hogwarts. His excitement grew larger at the thought of him in the classes, he would finally start practicing real magic to use in life.

Every corner he turned, his heart rate sped up and his eyes grew so wide that they looked as if he couldn't have the ability to bl
ink. Albus occasionally tugged on Rose's robes complimenting the castle's statues and architecture ["Yes, yes Albus. I know, it's a very nice sight," she would say every time he spoke of it].

-

"Now, now.. Quiet down. --Oh, please don't do that to the columns. er-- Mister, I'm over here!" A man dressed in bronze-coloured robes said, "Now, yes. Welcome to Hogwarts! We'll all be proceeding to the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony. My name is Professor Olestice and I am the Earth Magic Professor of Hogwarts. Well, anyways c'mon all of you! follow me! Into the Great Hall we go!" he said, leading the bunch of them to the magnificent hall.

They all made their way through a corridor until they reached a pair of large, rustic brown doors. Professor Olestice smiled at them all before pushing the doors open and revealing a truly brilliant hall. Lit with thousands of flickering, hovering candles, banners hung on the ceiling representing the fours houses; Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, four long tables filled with loud, chatting students and a Bewitched Ceiling currently taking place of the starry evening to top it all off.

Albus' mouth hung open.

Professor Olestice led them through the aisles between the tables to the back of the hall where a stool was placed in front of the table in which the Professor's sat. In the middle of the table sat a stern-looking woman dressed in emerald green robes, Professor McGonagall the Headmistress, Albus assumed.

They were instructed to line up, facing the four long tables and wait until their name was called to be sorted into one of the four houses.

Albus gulped. 

(c)YummiLand
Go to page: 1, 2, 3