Zeus' Killer- Poseidon's Mystery To Solve

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Bookmark Thread
thaliaflame98

1:48pm Mar 6 2010

Normal User

I love it so far!! I dont think u should intro more characters...because then i might geta litttle crowded.

GREAT JOB!!!

"Monsters are real. Ghosts are too. They live inside us and sometimes they win." ~Stephen King
MrsMasonMusso

7:30pm Mar 6 2010

Normal User

woo! i'm writing good again!!!!

Part 16

I fell asleep soon after Mandy got up to sit in the chair by my bed. It was the drugs they put me on for the pain and crap like that, made me tired. I fell asleep with Mandy’s hand in mine. I wasn’t asleep for long. About a half-hour, I was out. When I woke up again, I still had Mandy’s hand in mine. With her other hand, she was resting it on my forearm.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Hey." I said back. I let go of her hand and pushed myself up, to sit up and that was very painful to my leg. "*censored*." I whispered.

"What? Are you okay?"

"I just hurt my leg sitting up." After a minute of sitting there, I realized I really wanted coffee. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Anything."

"Can you get me some coffee? I’m dying for some."

"Yeah, sure. What do you like in it?"

"Just sugar. Not too much though." I smiled.

"Alright Poseidon." She smiled, kissed me, and went out the room. I closed my eyes for a bit. It was silent until Mandy came back in.

"Here." She smiled.

"Thank you so much." I smiled back and took the cup from her hand. I took a sip. Oh God, did it taste good. "This is perfect. Thanks sweetheart."

"Have you been talking to Kace lately?" she laughed.

"The last time I talked to him was the other day. It’s original I know." I laughed too.

"I like it." she smiled and took my free hand.

"Good." I smiled and took a sip of coffee. "You know, I should call Kace."

"To tell him you’re here?"

"Yeah. He really is my best friend. I tell him everything. Can you give me my phone?" she nodded, reached onto the table beside me, and gave me my Blackjack. I called Kace.

"Hey Poseidon." Kace said cheerfully as usual.

"Hey Kace. I have to tell you something." I said.

"Yeah?"

"I’m in the hospital."

"What? Why? What’s wrong?"

"Are you working?"

"No."

"Come on down to the hospital and I’ll explain."

"I’ll be there as soon as I can. See ya bro."

"Alright. Thanks." I said and hung up. "Kace’s on his way." I said to Mandy.

"Okay. Sounds good." Mandy took my phone and set it on the small table. We sat there quietly talking.

"Can you get my laptop?" I asked.

"Yeah." Mandy got up and got it, gave it to me and plugged the charger into the wall. I turned it on and the first thing I did was, go on Facebook. I edited my relationship status again to "In a relationship with Mandy Argon" then checked my notifications.

"Hey Mandy?" I said looking at her.

"Yeah?"

"I’m sorry for making you do a whole bunch crap for me. I feel friggen helpless."

"Aw, don’t feel like that. You’ll get better soon and then we can celebrate." She smiled.

"I’m guessing you have something in mind?" I said with a laugh.

"Yeah I go there all the time. I know you’ll love it." I smiled.

"Come here." Mandy got up and stood by the side of my bed. "Closer." I whispered. She came as close as she could to my face. I kissed her. My lips pulled up into a smile against hers. After a minute of our lips just resting against each other’s, we started to move in rhythm. Oh God, did she taste amazing. I put my hand on her face and she got as close as she could to me. I broke away.

"Whoa." Mandy said more to herself than me.

"What?" I laughed.

"That was amazing." I laughed and kissed her cheek. She played with my hair then sat back down. I shut down my laptop and set it next to me. I finished up my coffee and we were talking for a while, until Kace came.

"Oh, God, Poseidon what the hell happened?" He was surprised.

"I got shot by our stalker." I whispered, taking Mandy’s hand.

"What? Where did you get shot?"

"My left leg. I can’t bowl for a while I guess."

"Can you still work? I can give you a raise." Kace smiled.

"That would work. I’ll probably be in a cast next. Not a hard cast, walking cast. But I’ll still have to use crutches."

"That sucks."

"No *censored* sherlock." I smiled, Mandy laughed, and Kace smirked. "You know that bowling is my life. But now I have Mandy to worry about." I took her hand and kissed it.

"Didn’t you like, just meet her?"

"Yeah, but a lot can change in a small amount of time." I smiled at her.

"Hey, can I use that?" Mandy asked me.

"Use what?" I asked.

"What you just said. ‘A lot can change in a small amount of time’."

"For what?"

"A project due next month. We have to use any quote we want, say who it’s from, and be say where we heard it."

"Yeah. Of course."

"So Poseidon, since you can’t go to school tomorrow, I can come here. I took off this week."

"Why?"

"Why not? I have a month free time, so I decided to take off."

"Alright. So, I’m probably going to see you all week?" I asked with a laugh.

"Probably. Unless Josie goes into labor early."

"Who’s Josie?" Mandy asked.

"Josie is Kace’s wife, she’s pregnant with their second child. Their first is a beautiful girl named Bailey. I call her Bails." I said with a laugh.

"And Poseidon’s her Godfather." Kace smiled at Mandy. "Bailey’s one. She loves Poseidon."

"I can see why." Mandy smiled as she said that. I smiled back at her. I kissed her hand again.

MrsMasonMusso

1:09pm Mar 7 2010

Normal User

Part 17

Kace left after an hour. He got a call from his sister needing help painting her new house.

"I love that guy." I said with a laugh. "He’s so good to me. Please don’t take that the wrong way either."

"I was going to say that’s what he said." Mandy laughed.

"Perv." I said with a laugh. She smirked. "Come over here." I said as I moved my good leg over, making a space for her to sit by me.

"At school tomorrow, I think I’m going to brag to my best friend about you." I laughed when she said that. "She wanted me to dump my ex before because she didn’t like him from the start. Now, I have the sweetest, most caring, and protective boyfriend ever."

"I can’t be protective right now. Well I could, just not very well." Mandy laughed. She leaned over and kissed me and broke away. She put her hand on my face.

"When’s your prom?" I asked.

"In a month."

"We should go." I smiled.

"I’d love that, but it all depends on your leg."

"I think I’ll be good." I said with a laugh.

"Let’s hope."

"Sweetheart, I’ll be okay." I smiled.

"I just don’t want that happening again. I know you hate sitting here in this hospital, not protecting me. But we have my dad now. And he’ll keep me safe while you’re in here."

"I don’t want to sound weird, but can you two sleep in the same room? I don’t want you being alone. And do you walk or drive or take the bus to school?"

"Drive."

"Okay. Keep all the doors locked. I’m being overprotective I know."

"I like that. You should know that."

"I do now." I smiled. Someone walked through the door as we were talking. It was my nurse. She was pretty, just not as pretty as Mandy.

"Hello Poseidon. How are you feeling?"

"Okay I guess. My leg hurts a bit."

"That’s what I came here for. To change the bandage and give you medicine. I’ll get the medicine before I change it." I nodded and she walked out the door.

"You might want to move just for this. Then you can sit back here."

"Fine." Mandy went to her chair and had my hand. The nurse came back with a bottle of water and pills in her hand.

"Take these first." I easily took the pills. "Okay I need you to take the blanket off." I didn’t realize that I had on my pajama pants on. She carefully pulled up the pant leg, exposing my leg with red bandages on it. They’re supposed to be white. "Good thing I came when I did." She carefully removed the bandages, and I saw my leg. There was six… seven… eight stitches. When she started to clean it up, she used alcohol crap. Oh it hurt like hell. I gasped when she patted it down. I squeezed Mandy’s hand.

"You okay?" Mandy asked.

"Yeah, it just burns."

"It’s almost done." The nurse said. When it was done, she bandaged it back up and took the old ones, and threw them away.

"You need anything else, press the button." I smiled and nodded. She walked away. I pulled the blanket back over me. I patted where Mandy was sitting before, letting her know I wanted her by me.

"I really wish I knew what pills she gave me." I said with a laugh.

"Why?" Mandy said the same.

"Because I might fall asleep." Mandy laughed and leaned in to kiss my cheek.

"Don’t worry. If you fall asleep, its alright." I put both my hands on her face and kissed her. I broke away and took my hands back and she leaned back so that she was lying on my chest. I ran my hands through her hair. I looked at the clock. It was four thirty.

"Poseidon?"

"What’s up?"

"How are you going to get your school crap done?"

"I’ll call a friend." I smiled.

"If you call psycho girl, I’m might have to kill you myself." I laughed at that.

"I know you wouldn’t and I’m not. I’ll call my friend Nick. He’s in all my cl*censored*es."

"Alright." I rested my hand on her head. I sighed and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

MrsMasonMusso

8:16pm Mar 8 2010

Normal User

Part 18

I woke again and saw Mandy asleep on my chest like she was before. I looked at the clock. It was ten thirty.

"Mandy sweetheart, wake up." I said shaking her a bit.

"Huh?" she said tiredly.

"Call your dad. I want you to go to school tomorrow." I whispered. She rubbed her eyes and got her phone out.

"Dad can you pick me up? I’m still at the hospital." she paused. "No, please don’t send Mom. I’ll get a lecture about crap I don’t care about." Another pause. "Fine. Send Mom." Then she hung up. She looked at me annoyingly.

"Relax." I whispered.

"How can I relax when my mother is coming for me?"

"Come here." Mandy shifted from across my chest to lying next to me with her head on my chest. "Are you relaxed now?"

"No." I kissed her head.

"Now?"

"A little." She smiled.

"Good. Now just relax until your mom gets here. You’ll need the relaxation."

"I know." I looked down at her. She was looking at her hand on my chest.

"Look at me." I whispered. She did. I leaned in and kissed her. I kissed her gently, our lips moved in rhythm as usual. It got a little harder, but it was still sweet. We kissed until Mandy’s mom called her.

"Yes?" Mandy said as she picked up. "I’ll be right out." she rolled her eyes and got up. "I guess I have to go."

"Remember what I said. Make Max sleep in the same room as you." I smiled.

"I will."

"Bye Mandy." I smiled again.

"Bye Poseidon. I’ll see you and talk to you tomorrow." I took her hand and pulled her in for one last kiss. When we broke away, she smiled, kissed my cheek and left. I sat there, watching her walk away. I had a horrible feeling in my gut. I got my phone and called her.

"Hey, why are you calling already?" she asked with a laugh and picked up.

"I just want to hear your voice as you’re going home. I have a bad feeling."

"Are you trying to scare the living crap out of me?"

"I would never do that, sweetheart."

"Poseidon, I know. I’m trying to keep calm."

"Like I said to you the other day, if you need to talk, call me."

"I probably will. Probably just to talk to you too." I laughed.

"I wish it was summer."

"Why? I hate heat."

"Because then you and I could be together all the time. But no, we have school." Mandy laughed now.

"You’re right. But now, we’ll have to deal." I heard a car door open and close.

"We’ll have to deal." I repeated. "We’ll figure things out."

"I hope we will."

"Mandy get off the damn phone. You were with him all day." I heard her mom say in the background.

"Mom, how do you know it’s Poseidon? It could be Jess." Mandy argued back.

"Because I know you."

"Whatever Mom." She said annoyed.

"I just want to hear your voice until you get home. You never know what’ll happen." I repeated.

"True that." she laughed. "You’ll see me right after school tomorrow. I’ll drive from the school to the hospital. I’ll see Ryan too."

"I’m way more important than him." I joked.

"Oh yes Poseidon." She laughed. "But I do want to see him."

"Ryan is more important." I said more seriously. "He’s your brother. See him for a while then me."

"Or I can see you first, let you know that I’m there, then see Ryan then come back?"

"That would work. Now when you get home, tell me, because I want to talk to Max."

"And I’m sure he wants to talk to you too. I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Does everyone love you?" she asked with a laugh.

"Yeah pretty much." I said the same.

"Mom! Look out!" then I heard a screech.

"Mandy, what happened? Are you okay?" I begged.

"We almost hit a deer. I’m okay."

"God, you scared me half to death."

"Sorry."

"Don’t sweat it. Just don’t give me a heart attack."

"I won’t. Relax." We laughed. "Okay we’re home. When I find Dad I’ll give the phone to him."

"Alright." I heard her get out and call for Max. She finally found him.

"Poseidon? How are you?" Max said.

"The truth?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I feel like crap."

"You’ll get through it. You’re a God." I laughed.

"Everyone says that."

"Well you are."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Can you and Mandy sleep in the same room? I don’t want her alone. I was on the phone with her the second she walked out of my room."

"Of course. I want to keep my little girl safe too."

"It’s weird. I’ve known Mandy for a few days, and I’ve never been this close to anyone. Just, keep an eye on her, okay Max?"

"Alright, Poseidon. Mandy’s giving me that look, saying that she wants to talk to you." I laughed.

"Alright thanks Max."

"Okay, well I’m tired. I’m going to bed." Mandy said.

"Goodnight sweetheart." I said tired myself.

"Night." Then the line was dead. I set my phone on the table and fell back to sleep.

MrsMasonMusso

8:16pm Mar 15 2010

Normal User

Part 19

I woke up the next morning and I totally forgot about what happened to me. I had to collect my thoughts; they were scattered all over my mind. I sat up and that made the pain shoot through my leg. I swore under my breath. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time. Ten fifty one. I leaned back and picked up my phone. I called my mother.

"Morning Poseidon." She said cheerfully.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked with a laugh.

"I’m going home today!" I shut down. I didn’t know what to say. I don’t want her going home, being alone with a killer on the loose.

"You can’t." I accidentally said.

"Why?"

"Because I don’t want you home alone. There is something out there. Can you go with Aunt Sydney?"

"You’re thinking too much like always."

"No, I’m not." I snapped.

"I’m going to go before I loose it. Goodbye." The line was dead. I sighed in annoyance and put my phone down. She won’t listen to me. She thinks I’m being paranoid. She wasn’t the one that got shot. It was me.

I shook that off and tried to relax. Then Kace called me.

"Hey." I said and picked up.

"How are you feeling?" It wasn’t Kace, it was Josie.

"Hey Josie." I smiled.

"How are you?" she was worried.

"I’ve been better." I said more serious. "How are you?" I asked her.

"Okay. We’re expecting next week."

"That’s great. Is Bails excited?"

"Yeah. She can’t wait. Kace won’t keep his hands off my stomach." She laughed.

"Excuse me for being excited." Kace said in the background.

"Kace, shut it so I can talk to Poseidon." I laughed at that.

"Love you too!" he said again. I laughed again.

"Josie, you should come here with Kace today. Bring Bails I miss her." I said now.

"That’s a great idea!" Josie squealed.

"Let me talk to Kacey." I said.

"Yeah?" he said.

"Kace, when you come today, can you do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Bring me something to eat." I said with a laugh. "And coffee."

"Would you like breakfast?"

"Please."

"Coffee and a bagel from Dunkin’ Donuts?"

"Yeah that would be good."

"Plain?"

"Sure."

"Cream cheese?"

"Yeah."

"What do you want in the coffee? Just sugar?"

"Kace, you know me. I only like sugar."

"True." He laughed. "Alright, we’re on our way now. See you in a bit."

"See you in a bit." I said and hung up. Forty-five minutes later, Kace, Josie, and Bailey were here. I was so happy when I saw Bails. Kace set my breakfast down on the table and Josie hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"How are you?" Josie asked as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"My leg hurts so much."

"Uncle Poseidon!" Bailey squealed. I love how she calls me Uncle Poseidon, we’re no way related, but Kace and I are like brothers. She’s called me that ever since she was born.

"Hey Bails." I smiled. Kace lifted her and set her on my other side. I put my arm around her and she snuggled into my chest. I smiled and stroked her light brown hair.

"So, Poseidon, where’s the little sweetheart? School?" Kace asked me.

"Yeah. I’m worried about her. You know who, did you know what, so I couldn’t do anything for her." he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I heard you broke up with Cameron. Why?" Josie asked.

"She thought I was cheating on her. I wasn’t I was hanging out with Mandy and she got jealous I guess."

"And now you have a new girlfriend?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "She means everything to me. We’ve only gone out for a few days, and I’m completely crazy for her."

"Well good for you Poseidon. Maybe you’ve found ‘the one’." Josie smiled at me.

"God, I hope she is." I sighed. "Kace, take Bails, I’m hungry." Kacey took Bailey from me and I started eating. Kace sat in the chair and had Bailey in his lap. I took a sip of coffee, and damn, it tasted amazing compared to this crap at the hospital. But I’m happy with anything I get.

"How much was this, I’ll pay for it." I said after I swallowed.

"No you’re not." Kace said.

"Kacey don’t be ridiculous. I think I should pay for it."

"Well you’re thinking wrong." We get into arguments like this all the time. Its usually about food or bowling.

"Whatever." I smirked. "Josie, do you know if you’re having a girl or a boy?"

"No, we want a surprise." She smiled.

"Have you thought of names?"

"Anthony for a boy and Christie for a girl."

"I want a boy." Kace said.

"I want another girl."

"Of course you do." he smirked.

"So, my mom’s going home today." I told Kace. He saw the look in my eyes.

"Really?" he whispered. I nodded. "But, you know who is out there! She can’t."

"I told her and she thinks I’m being paranoid."

"Oh God."

"I don’t know what to do. I’m afraid what happened to me might happen to her, but worse." I whispered, so only Kace could hear.

"Like she would be done?" I nodded. "Whoa." Kace was speechless. So was I. Kace tightened his arms around Bailey and kissed the back of her head. He was always a good father. He always made right decisions. Decisions that were good for the family, he always put them first. And he’s very protective.

"Kace, for dinner can we have Chinese food? I’ve been craving that." Josie said, breaking the silence.

"Sure." Kace smiled at her. "Anything for you." My nurse came in now.

"Morning Poseidon." She smiled. Her name was Ash.

"Morning Ash." I smiled. "Can I have my medicine? And maybe redoing my bandage?"

"Sure. Here’s your pills, I’ll come back with the bandages." I took the pills and she left for a second. Ash came back and put on clean bandages. I thanked her and she left.

luvsarahdessen97

7:12pm Mar 16 2010

Normal User

Bump :) Your welcome

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4