Not Kir's Victim.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Twintkitty

2:22am Nov 13 2011 (last edited on 6:25am Nov 28 2011)

Normal User

Note: You heard me right! I'm writing a short story about Kir and his victims. He is an interesting character..

x -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- x

[ c h a p t e r s ] -

tle="" href="http://www.rescreatu.com/forum/cat/arts/writing/not-kir-039-s-victim-/#post_1587341" target="">[1]

"Very good," Kir said to the human as he encased his new Silver Leverene in a glass case. The creature scrambled and pawed at the glass walls of his prison cell as Kir's eyes glinted. "Here is your assignment - I have an order for one of these creatu." He raises his left arm as blue flames emerge from his palm. Encased in the blue flames rose an illusion of a squirming blonde Intes.

The man moans - he was unable to stop feeding his addiction of handing in pets to Kir, the dark overlord. He knew his addiction would just be starving his wife and four children as he accepted each command that Kir gave. His pockets would be burning - he didn't exactly have deep ones. To think that Intes were Scrian creatu - he groaned at the thought. "One last creatu." He promised himself, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to stop.

Phaeda cracked a voluntary smile for her master, whose face was forever hidden behind the mask.

"Good." Kir purred.

Alice Raine was twelve and the daughter of a family who was barely able to make ends meet each month.

She glanced at the analogue clock on the wall -- six fifty-seven P.M. Her father would be returning soon.

What Alice didn't know was that her father was one of those people who had a burning addiction to complete Kir's ridiculous tasks. Her family ran a small farm of almost every Relcorian creatu, with the occasional Scrian or Reiflemian. They weren't able to afford having a pond built in their overgrown garden, however the rainy season did bring large puddles scattered over the land, big enough to house a few Ahea fry or Goiba males.

"Alice," Her mother called as she made her way through the knot of her scuffling twins, holding her seven-month old daughter, "Would you mind feeding the Malals?" Her voice was barely audible over the loud cries of her twin children and the hungry Malal.

Alice nodded, slipping out through the back door and getting a few buckets of hay from the large haystack piled up outside the back door. She emptied the hay into the trough as the Malals devoured every scrap of hay. She then backed her way into the shelter of the Malal's pens - there were a few loose parts in the pillars where they held the roof of the old pen - she would get around to telling her father about it later on. She bounded to her favourite Malal nanny , a sepia that she had grown up with. Today she noted something else in her pen, asides from hay and feces and hoofprints. Malal kids! She immediately brightened. There were triplets - apparently one was natural, one was black and one was Sepia with a black stripe running down it's spine. Alice half-smiled; the black one would fetch a reasonable sum of tu. Alice reached over to pet the nanny, whom she had named Daisy. Daisy licked her wrist tenderly.

Alice walked over to the tap on the wall of her backyard and filled a large bucket to the brim with water, which she emptied into the water trough. She did this several times before she decided that she should go in. Alice divided day and night when she finally finishes all her farm chores.

She noted her father sitting on the sofa, a troubled ex
pression on his face. "What's wrong, Papa?" She asked, concerned.

"Nothing, Alice." Replied her father. "Go get me a blonde Intes from the farm."

Alice reeled back a bit - a blonde Intes? Her family farm was unable to afford any color creatu higher than ginger, with the occasional black popping out on the farm every now and then, but she nodded anyway. She pushed open the back door, it's rusty hinges groaning as it swung open. She pulled herself over to the far side of the farm, where the grass and flowers grew thickly. Many Intes crowded the area - a sepia flew past her face, a black landing on her wrist. She looked around in desperation - was there really any hope of a blonde?

She spotted a bright blonde one sitting on a bright flower, the colors blending in so well that the Intes was almost unseen. She cupped her hands around the Intes and shut her wrists together to prevent the Intes from escaping. Triumphantly she returned to her father, showing him the Intes in her hands.

Hope you enjoyed! oAo More's coming soon, hopefully.

Smuh

2:32am Nov 13 2011

Normal User

Awesome story.  lol  I can't even explain why I love it.  The farm with creatu, kir's true evilness, the addiction to serving kir.  Plus, making whole res families.  And the poverty thing with colors being too expensive.  It's just awesome.

But one sentence needs fixed - Her voice was bareToday she ly audible over the loud cries of her twin children and the hungry Malal.

Can't wait to read more.  ^.^

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Twintkitty

4:10am Nov 13 2011

Normal User

Thanks sm! <3 That was pretty much appreciated. Kir's evil. Plain evil. But there's going to be a cliffhanger somewhere I guess xD

Phos

4:17am Nov 13 2011

Normal User

You must continue this before Kir's lawyer gets to you. c8

Twintkitty

4:39am Nov 13 2011 (last edited on 5:20am Nov 13 2011)

Normal User

Alice's father broke into a crack of a smile. A hundred thousand tu would benefit his family. He glanced at Alice's muddy knees ; she must have been hunting for the Intes for quite a while. Before Kir's appearance into his life, he would have pitied her, but he felt neutral to it. Kir had burnt his pockets, burnt his family. Ripped it in two. "Alice, tell your mother I have to run an errand." He mumbled hastily as he slid out of the door and hopped onto his old bicycle. Cycling to the Relcore Port he used fifty thousand tu - half of his earnings from Kir - to pay for a ticket to Scria. Just after he took a seat on the wooden bench, with the Intes in a glass jar, the ship roared to life as it's magnificent oars, shaped like an Omni's delicate ribbons, pushed against the air. The oaken ship lifted itself triumphantly from the Relcorian sea. Sailing gracefully through the Relcorian sky, the ship looked majestic. Alice's father placed a hand over the glass jar as he walked to the bow of the ship. A wooden Omni's head was crafted beautifully, the hull of the ship carried the head with pride. Only the eyes of the head were painted a royal red. This was the journey that Alice's father was so familiar with he could trace the route, recall every turn.

Soon he found himself down in Kir's dungeon. "I have the Intes." He announced as Kir hissed at him. "Is this your idea of a joke, Lucas?" He growled. In his outstretched palm was a ginger Intes, lifeless. Lucas looked in surprise at the jar - the Intes was no longer there."I asked for a blonde Intes. Now scram! Don't come back until you find that blonde Intes!" Phaeda sensed his fury and stealthily took the rest of Lucas' tu.

Dejectedly, Lucas made his way out of the dungeon and back to the Scrian port. He fumbled in his pocket for fifty thousand tu to pay the countergirl when he realised something.

He had no tu in his pocket, and he was stranded on Scria.

Failure of a cliffhanger, but which one of my cliffhangers weren't failures?

YoursTruly

7:12am Nov 13 2011

Normal User

Oohooohooooh. I love this I love this I love this! =DDDD

Write moar! xD

Well now. I should... Probably put something intelligent here. At some point. Eventually.
... Screw it. HYE. ♥
fawn

5:43pm Nov 14 2011

Normal User

Do it NAOW. Oh, and make this story end happily. Like. They get three Ivik eggs and one hatches Albino and they sell it. Or somefin.

Twintkitty

5:05am Nov 16 2011 (last edited on 7:49am Nov 16 2011)

Normal User

Alice stared incessantly in nervosity at the analogue clock ticking ominously on the wall. It was nine fifere foundty-seven P.M. and yet, her father had not returned.

But there was no time to worry. She scrambled to her twin sisters, trying to forget about her father to calm herself, who were sitting by a wooden dollhouse a relative had gifted them for their seventh birthday the year before. It was one of the family's most prized possessions, although it was chipped slightly in a few places, but the twins had always made sure not to break it and took extremely careful care of their treasure.

Emily was sitting in a corner, back facing Amelia and sulking. Amelia was grasping a packet of candy extremely protectively. "Don't pick a fight," Alice hissed to Amelia. Reluctantly, Amelia slipped a few pieces of candy to her sister, who rolled the round pieces of candy on the floor before deciding to put it in her mouth. Emily giggled profusely, proud of herself for obtaining a good amount of candy from her sister. The pink piece of round candy slipped past Emily's throat, blocking her windpipe.

She coughed and sputtered, trying to get the piece of candy out. Her left hand fisted the remaining pieces of candy, the coloring starting to leak onto her small palm under the heat. Her grasp on her precious pieces of candy she had begged from her sister became looser and looser as seconds passed, before finally the sticky candy rolled onto the floor from her palm as Emily's frail body went limp as Amelia shook her sister's body nervously.

She had died of suffocation.

Lucas soon realised that Intes were found on Scria. At the thought of this, he scrambled around everywhere, going on his knees and hunting for Intes eggs. After a few hours, his labour had paid off - he had found one Intes creatu egg.

A thought struck him like lightning. Few of the hundreds of creatu eggs spawned every day on Scria were unable to receive the warmth they needed from the breezy planet. The few that survived and hatched the bitter cold usually had deformities or had already been turned into mutants. The few that were hatched with no deformities were considered lucky to have been able to survive the cold Scrian atmosphere, usually hatched by ranchers who had prayed long and hard for their last egg to be hatchable. The incubators that they had paid a fortune for did not guarantee a hatched creatu most of the time ; most of the creatu foetus had already died when the hunters arrive. Few of the hatched creatu were not natural or sepia colored.

Lucas removed his scraggly top and wrapped it around the precious Creatu egg, as if he were not bothered with having hypothermia. It was as if the Intes were as important as his life. He curled up outside the Scrian Air Quarters, deciding to call it a day and let sleep take over him.

fawn

6:30pm Nov 17 2011

Normal User

MOAR.

Twintkitty

2:54am Nov 18 2011

Normal User

As the first rays of the sun wafted through the thick clouds hovering over Scria, Lucas swept off the remains of sleep from his eyes and checked on the egg. It was in perfect condition, the same as the night before. He carefully pushed away his tattered shirt and tenderly cupped his hands around the egg, nestled in the frayed grey top. He stood up, feeling parched, as he noted that the air was reasonably humid. A few drops of liquid spattered onto his face, signalling a storm. Quickly he squirmed beneath the canopy of the Scrian Air Forces in hopes that he could save his only set of clothes.

[Such a short paragraph :C ]

BOBISBOB

9:10pm Nov 19 2011

Normal User

Gosh This IS SO ADDICTING MOAR.

Phos

8:57am Nov 20 2011

Normal User

It's developing into a very nice plot <3
Write a little bit more no what's going on at his home. o:!

GreenKat

1:52pm Nov 22 2011

Normal User

Moar? * stalks thread*

Nouveau

4:48pm Nov 22 2011

Normal User

Hey, my name's Ameli-- /shot.  |D
Anyways.
I have to agree with everyone else--it's great writing, and an interesting plot.  How cool would it be if our HAs could have families?  c:  I can't wait to see how this develops~ <3

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
GreenKat

8:02am Nov 23 2011

Normal User

*eats thread* Moar?

Twintkitty

6:48am Nov 25 2011

Normal User

Note: Thanks for all the comments guys! /inserthearthere.

Sorry for the late chapter/mini chapter. Have to prepare for next year's new school term... :C

Beads of perspiration trickled down Alice's face, frozen in fear.

"Emily..." She whispered, a determined note in her soft voice, as if it could wake her unconscious sister.

Amelia sat by her sister, perhaps the only one left, other than her deaf seven month old sister.

The poor girl, thought Alice, as she let her gaze wander from Emily to Amelia. They were like best friends. As if they could read each other's minds perfectly.

Her gaze slipped to the crawling baby at the far right corner of her living room. Could she, Alice thought, hear the trees whispering as a cold breeze swept past? Why was it that the Drindians were still chirping, a beautiful sound for such a strange-looking creature, even purring sometimes? Why were the Berroks still grunting as they did every evening? Why were the Leverenes still purring as if content with what the future held in store for them? Why was everything still the same, even though someone had just left the world young?

Perhaps the only thing she could hear, Alice thought, as sorrow enveloped the siblings, were the ghostly whispers of the Jaaku's souls yearning to be let free. For their souls to whisper through the sorrowful families during a mourning period.

Lucas stared at his reflection in the glass of the Rancher shop, his eyes fixed on the six blonde Intes buzzing around in their vivarium. He noted that four of the six were lifeless, dead. One looked sadly out of the glass, as if to ask why he was to put up with such a tragic life, buzzing around an unkempt vivarium of dead plants and Intes.

I will save you, Lucas thought. Before he could protest against the criminal side of him, he slipped into the store, hovering around the vivarium for a few long minutes as the shopkeeper eyed him warily.

Then he stuck his palm into the vivarium and swiftly cupped the Intes up and ran.

Ok guys, I will be stalking some of your profiles and picking up some random quirks I find interesting to meld into one special character that will twist the plot. I will rMail a random one of you for a name when the character is ready to make his/her, more like 'its' appearance.

Twintkitty

7:31am Nov 25 2011 (last edited on 7:33am Nov 25 2011)

Normal User

Thought I should write more. xD

Black agony was all Lucas felt.

There was a droning buzz of conversation around him, ignoring him like a stone in the river, everything just going around him instead of getting him to budge. He struggled to lift himself up from whatever he was lying on.

He failed.

He frantically waved his right arm around, or tried to. Sighing, he elbowed himself up from the hard mattress with his left arm, before shooting a furious glance at his right arm. Or whatever was left of it.

The bottom half of it was gone, the rest was bandaged tightly. He tried to scratch his ear with his right arm - there wasn't the usual bending motion that could only be done with a joint, an elbow. A bolt of cold pain shot through his arm, causing him to wince.

Meaning that his right arm, elbow-down, was gone.

And he could no longer work on the farm.

Slumping back onto his bed, he turned his face to the left. He was greeted by a writhing Kayoki, it's beautiful cream fur matted with blood, it's signature bushy tail gone.

"Does it hurt?" He asks, stating the obvious, but at that moment it would have made him felt better, just for a fraction of a second, to know that he wasn't the only one experiencing pain at the moment.

The Kayoki nods, it's eyes welled up in pain. But I have to survive, it's eyes seemed to say, I have a family to feed.

A kind-faced lady enters the room.

"Lucas Raine?" She called.

"Here." Naturally he would have waved his right arm to bring attention to himself; it was his trademark gesture. With half of his right arm gone, it was like having half of his life gone.

"Where am I?" He demanded. "I have a family waiting for me."

The nurse shook her head sadly. "You're in the Scria Care Center. You were attacked by the pet Zaphao of a shopkeeper for," She dropped her voice, "Theft."

Guilt shot through Lucas' slightly muscled frame. He would be sued. He would have to pay a large amount of tu. He would have to risk his family, his children and wife being unable to fill their stomachs, unable to have anything edible for that matter. His heart lurched, drowning in guilt.

"Yes. Now may I know my discharge date?"

The nurse waved her clipboard in a dismissing manner. "You may go now."

That was fortunate, Lucas thought, as he slung his small haversack over his good arm and headed for the Scrian docks.

He was tu-strapped, however, and decided to spend the night in the cold, wherever he could sleep. He wandered in exhaustion without really having a destination in mind. He heard someone screaming loudly at him, but nothing really stopped him from walking. He walked, walked as if there was no tomorrow. He blacked out in exhaustion and fell into a deep sleep, splayed on the front deck of the La Omnnié.

He did not exactly have a peaceful sleep, on the contrary in fact.

He was in the dark, a spotlight on him, flickering every so often. "Sit." A husky voice commanded, and unthinkingly he did.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

"I wouldn't exactly use those words, Lucas."

"Just tell me now." He growled.

Whoever that was ignored the question. "You should have used 'What are you.', child. My name, however," He stepped out of the dark, "Is Link."

The man looked younger than he had sounded. His skin looked like flawless, cold ivory, his hair windswept and curled slightly at the nape. Around his neck was a red ribbon, tied haphazardly to form a loose tie around his ragged white collared shirt. He wore a simple pair of long black pants and no shoes. What Lucas found most interesting about this man was his pair of bright green eyes, the exact same shade of his.

"You may know me as the Memory, though."

The word 'Memory' sent a shudder through Lucas' spine. When he was a child, he had an elder twin brother named Lucifer, who disappeared one day, as if he just vanished off the face of earth. He and Lucifer had played games together, like other children. The games they played, however, were unlike what you would expect of normal six year old children.

The game consisted of a board and a few shiny marbles, as well as a bottle with a note, spattered with blood, with a cork on it. They would take turns to release their Mirabilis, who would pick out a marble and scribble, in ink, on the note. A ghostly figure interpretating what the Mirabilis wrote would appear before their eyes, dance like Jaaku celebrating the newest additions to the graveyard, those who fed their hungry souls. They were always fascinated by the figures, but one remained strongly etched in their heart: one named Phet.

This game was known as the Memory game.

Link's white shirt was sleeveless, and once Lucas had overcome the temporary shock and memory of the Memory game, his eyes trailed from Link's thoughtful gaze to his shoulder area.

There was a sparrow encased in a small water droplet tattooed on his arm, the exact place where Lucas had one etched onto his shoulder as boldly as the Memory game was etched into his heart.

Heheh. The real adventure starts here, readers. Enjoy. I hope to have your knuckles clenched tightly under the table till your blood circulation is cut off. Not really, I'm not that talented to make that happen. <3

GreenKat

10:04am Nov 25 2011

Normal User

* Sends Blonde intes to lucas*

NeNebaby

11:06am Nov 25 2011

Normal User

OMG. I loved it. You have to continue and never stop lol jk XD, Its so realistic that it blows my mind. Its sad but great. Kir=evil and he is truly showing how he is to this poor addicted man....I  have never thought of what it would be like to travel from planet to planet. Omg you have to write MORE...your the best writer I've seen on res yet :3

15.png
BOBISBOB

7:06pm Nov 25 2011

Normal User

I wish.... that we could really do that.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3