[Open group] "Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?!" [DCU/Young Justice]

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Mortal

11:40pm Jun 9 2014 (last edited on 6:45am Jun 14 2014)

Normal User

DC Comics / Young Justice RP

superheroeeeees

RP Status :: Active / Not Active

Will not begin until all characters for the team have been approved

Character Applications :: Open / Closed

tle="" target="">RP Discussion Thread

Plot

It's 2014. Over the past four years, the Justice League have been carefully monitoring the young metahuman population, as well as the increasing number of young vigilantes who have decided to take the high crime rates into their own hands. Concern has arisen for the metahumans, who have not learnt to control their powers since aquiring them during the Metagene Massacre of 2010. The vigilantes, on the other hand, have been causing trouble for the League due to their increasing violence and instability. 

Some of these young metahumans and vigilantes are more troublesome* than others, and the League have decided to deal with them in a different way - by channelling their energies into fighting crime with Young Justice, a team of teenage superheros led by Robin and Kid Flash.

Metagene Massacre: 2010 event in which the Injustice League kidnapped thousands of children from all over the world and experimented on them by putting them through traumatic experiences, with the possibility of triggering the Metagene (a genetic trait which can trigger superhuman powers under extreme physical and emotional duress). Almost all of them died - the ones who survived escaped with their new superpowers. Up until now, they have been left largely alone, but fears for their safety have arisen after it was discovered that many of them have not learnt to control their powers.

* note that troublesome does not necessarily mean badly behaved, too violent, etc - it can also be the ones who have more problems with trying to control their powers

Intro

OKAY. YA'LL I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE. Someone please join and I'll love you forever ♥ Also, hopefully someone got the ti
tle reference haha

This is a DC Universe/Young Justice alternate universe RP. YJ was an a-m-a-z-e-b-a-l-l-s show and to be honest, I was devestated when they cancelled it. Here's to somewhat reviving it! Basically, it has the same general premise as the show (group of kids get together to kick butt) but aside from Robin and Kid Flash, all other members of the team will be OCs.

Note: although basic knowledge of YJ and/or DC comics is advised, as long as you can follow, it shouldn't be a problem. :) This is, at heart, a superhero RP.

Missions

THIS IS NOT A NORMAL RP. I repeat, THIS IS NOT A NORMAL RP. In regards to the plot and story, at least. It won't be one continuous RP centred around a single, main plot like most RPs are. I wanted to try something different :) Thus, the RP will be done in 'missions' - basically each mission is an episode with it's own plot and purpose (I'll explain more soon). 

This is to keep it moving, because I envisioned this to be a relatively fast-paced, action RP. It also has the added bonus of more focused character development (see the form below) and allowing members of the RP to drop out for a while and rejoin during the next mission if they have to. Missions will end if it's obvious that they can't be continued, or if all members involved get tired of the current plot.

Missions that continue on from a previous one but have a different purpose or plot will be posted as new missions, but RP posts will continue from where the other one left off.

If you guys have any mission ideas, fill in the form below and rmail it to me :) We can discuss it as a group, and I'll rmail everyone when a mission ends and a new one begins (as agreed upon by everyone involved). Alternatively, I can make a new thread in the Off Topic section for us to discuss missions which I think might be easier.

If anyone has an idea for a bigger plot that can still encompass the missions, feel free to suggest.

Mission Form

Name: ((self-explanatory))
Plot Summary: ((setting, story, basically what will happen))
Purpose: ((why do this storyline? For example, a mission in which the team is locked into a fear-driven chamber by a villain can turn into a character development exercise in which each character delves deeper into what scares themselves and the others. Note that it doesn't always have to be character development; it can be for fun or action too. c:))
Characters Involved: ((this should usually include the entire team))

Current Mission

Past Missions

N/A

If anything doesn't make sense, please ask! I'm terrible at explaining things, so this probably isn't as clear as it is in my head.

Mortal

11:41pm Jun 9 2014 (last edited on 2:52am Jun 12 2014)

Normal User

Characters

Robin/Dick Grayson - Mortal

Kid Flash/Wally West - Mortal
Sphinx/Abigail Rhodes - Ashton
Psych/Chacha Iflamage - Headache
Healer/Storm Zadkiel - Woodwings
Valeron Kansten - RikaTheFallen
Cheat/Felix Crouch - DarkWingedRaven
Latch/Eva Leonell - Magpie

Posting Order
Mortal
Ashton
Headache
Woodwings
RikaTheFallen
DarkWingedRaven
Magpie

Rules

(subject to change)

1. All site rules MUST be upheld.

2. This is a literate roleplay - meaning correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. Please try to avoid one or two liners. A paragraph or two is more fun to read and allows for better story and character development :)

3. Please ask to join and wait to be approved before posting bios. There is a maximum of six members (excluding myself).

4. One character per person please (I will be the exception IF, and only if, no one claims KF)

5. Please wait for your character to be approved - I reserve the right to reject characters who do not fit with my or the site rules.

6. No Mary Sues/Gary Stus allowed :(

7. Please try to keep your character consistent with the kinds found in the DCU. I.E. A human who can read minds is good, a centaur who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes is not. Most characters should be human (metahuman).

8. Characters don't have to be metahuman - the vigilantes are regular humans who use technology or heir own talents to fight crime.

9. Canon characters can be claimed.

NOTE

Justice League and other canon characters who have not been claimed can be RPed by anyone who needs them for the purposes of their post.

10. To save hassle, posting order will be determined by the order in which RPers join.

11. Romance and violence is allowed so long as it stays PG13+

Character Bio

Full civilian name:
Alias: ((i.e. hero name))
Metahuman or vigilante:
Mentor: ((if applicable))
Hometown:
Country of origin:
Current location:
Personality:
History:
Appearance: ((image if possible. Please include deion or image of their costume))
Powers/Skills: ((ideas for powers can be found tle="" target="">here - just click 'Random page'))
Other:

Mortal

11:41pm Jun 9 2014 (last edited on 5:30pm Jun 11 2014)

Normal User

Mission #1: Welcome to Happy Harbour

Name: Welcome to Happy Harbour

Plot Summary: 
Robin and Kid Flash glanced at each other, slow grins spreading across their faces. "So we get to swing by and pick up the fresh meat ourselves?" Kid exclaimed. "Cool!"

In which Robin and KF scour the world looking for the six recruits for their newly formed crime-fighting team, Young Justice.

Purpose: to get everyone all sorted and introduced to each other

Characters Involved: all characters. Robin and KF will visit each character at their homes or wherever they are, one at a time. These introductions and meetings shouldn't take long so we can get this mission out of the way asap. :) Characters, once introduced, can go to headquarters (Happy Harbour) or can tag along with Robin and KF to meet the others.

Note: posting order will be a bit messed up here but basically, Robin, KF and the character they're meeting will have first priority and the others will basically chime in if there's an opening/someone talks to them. c: If that's okay with everyone.

Mortal

11:42pm Jun 9 2014 (last edited on 5:22pm Jun 11 2014)

Normal User

Full civilian name: Richard ‘Dick’ Grayson
Alias: Robin
Metahuman or vigilante: Vigilante
Mentor: Batman
Hometown: Gotham
Country of origin: USA
Current location: Happy Harbour,
Rhode Island, USA

Personality:

Robin is highly experienced at
fighting crime and kicking bad-guy butt, having trained and fought at Batman’s
side from the age of nine. He is incredibly smart – his specialty is technology
and hacking, as well as mathematics – and has a sarcastic and acerbic wit. He
is also very immature and an all-round smart ass.

He is still dependent on Batman,
although his burgeoning adolescence has caused him to try to assert more
independence than before, when he and Batman were inseparable. As such, he is
prone to second-guessing his decisions; one of the questions he asks himself
the most is: “Would Batman do it?” However, his leadership of the team has seen
his confidence in his abilities grow.

His fatal flaw is his need to be
fearless, to live up to the reputation of his biological family (the daring
acrobats) as well as Batman, and this sometimes causes him to act impulsively
and/or to do stupid things.

Dick has gone through many dark
periods of depressions through the years stemming from the traumatic
experiences of his childhood, although these have fortunately always been
brief. During these times, he often isolates himself from others, including his
adoptive father Bruce Wayne.

History:

Dick was the half-Romany youngest child
of the “Flying Graysons”, an acrobatic family which travelled with Haly’s
Circus. He was taught from an early age the tricks of the trade, and by the age
of six, was performing alongside his famous family. When he was nine, he
watched as his parents, older cousin and aunt fell to their deaths in a trapeze
‘accident’ – the work of a mafia boss named Zucco. Bruce Wayne, who was in the audience
at the time, took him away and raised him as his own son, hoping that he would
not grow obsessed with vengeance, the way Bruce had done.

Eventually Dick discovered Bruce Wayne’s
alter-ego as Batman, and, fascinated with the way his adoptive father used
technology to bring criminals to justice, he begged to be trained under his
tutelage. Batman was still worried that Dick would use any skills he was taught
for revenge, but eventually acquiesced under the condition that he and Dick
would bring Zucco to justice together, and that he would not be killed.

Dick spent any free time he had
outside of school working on his acrobatic skills and martial arts. One day,
whilst training his covert skills, he discovered the Bat Cave, and much to
Bruce’s dismay and disbelief, managed to hack into the Cave system. It was this
which fully convinced Bruce that he could take Dick on as his sidekick, and the
very next day, Dick debuted as ‘Robin’ in a crackdown on Zucco’s mafia
operations. Zucco was apprehended and jailed, and Dick’s desire for justice was
satisfied.

From that moment, Robin and Batman
were inseparable. He eventually met Wally West, otherwise known as Kid Flash or
the Flash’s sidekick, who would become his best friend. In 2010, he helped take
down the Injustice League during the Metagene Massacre, but became overcome
with guilt when he could not help save any of the children who had been
kidnapped. When he was offered the change to help some of the few survivors, he
jumped on it.

Appearance: 

Powers/Skills:

Keen detective skills
Genius hacker/tech expert
Acrobatic skills
Master martial artist

Other:

Equipment
Batarangs
Taser
Grappling gun
Flash grenades

((ooft. sorry for the crap formatting. idk what happened))

Juke

1:28am Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 1:28am Jun 10 2014)

Content Manager

Permission to board, Cap'n Morty!

Mortal

1:59am Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 2:01am Jun 10 2014)

Normal User

Permission granted, Dodo! *salute*
((yessssss. someone joins.))

Juke

3:08am Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 1:41pm Jun 11 2014)

Content Manager

Full civilian name: Abigail Rhodes
Alias: Sphinx
Metahuman or vigilante: Vigilante
Mentor: The Riddler
Hometown: Gotham
Country of origin: USA
Current location: Radiance, PA

Personality
Abigail is, despite being trained by one of Gotham's most notorious villains, actually a very docile young lady. She enjoys being with people who make her feel positive and keep her laughing. She literally cannot stand to be isolated for extended periods of time - she becomes cranky, paranoid, etc.

She's sharp in wit and tongue, able to cuss you out in five different languages and then turn around and spill out tongue twisters and rhymes and, most famously, her riddles. Abigail's incredibly studious and spends the time she isn't socializing curled up in a cozy chair and reading anything from religious texts to "For Dummies" books. She doesn't retain information very well, however, and is quite scatterbrained in general.

History:

Abigail was born and raised quite normally up until the age of five - her parents, immigrants from Egypt, were both kidnapped and eventually presumed dead. Abigail, thrust into a world where she had to grow up too quickly, eventually turned bitter and angry. She was eventually "adopted" by her mentor, the Riddler. Of course, he wasn't a very good father figure, what with the life of crime and all that. He tried to convince Abigail that it was actually the noble thing, but the girl wouldn't hear it; she'd seen too many people get hurt.

Eventually word spread about the Metagene Massacre. When Abigail heard about it, she was horrified. She tricked Riddler into revealing at least one member of the Injustice League (that's lookinm at you, Joker), and has been sleuthing around for hints as to where the others are at and ... Well, who they are.
Unfortunately, it's not going too well.

Appearance

(I, in Sagi's words, stole some girl's picture for this. I'm incredibly lazy. Sorry)

Her suit consists mainly of gold and cream. Based on ancient Egyptian priestess robes (except, y'know, a little more modest), they're not only light and comfortable but also allow ease in movement when she's kicking ass.

She also has a golden full face mask modeled after a lion. Hide her identity and all.

Powers/Skills
Wields a Khopesh blade
Actually kinda okay with sai knives
She can literally babble on about nothing, which can be quite obnoxious. As such, she talks a /lot/ during fights.

Other:

Zoe

3:19am Jun 10 2014

Normal User

May I join, please?

(omg this is really exciting sounding my god)

Used to be Headache, dawg
I am Zoe but I respond to Headache, Thorin, & any variant.

I am mostly everywhere and nowhere tbh.
Mortal

3:25am Jun 10 2014

Normal User

Of course Zoe <3

Zoe

6:54am Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 7:08am Jun 14 2014)

Normal User

tle="Catwoman Costume, Dark Knight" style="margin: 0px !important; display: block; z-index: 100;" alt="Catwoman Costume, Dark KnightSuperhero Costumes" src="http://img.escapade.co.uk/SALEHIRE/Medium/880630c.jpg">

(Costume only, without the mask/ears, and with a diamond cut out on the chest)
(Dark auburn hair instead of the red)
Full civilian name: Charlotte 'Chacha' Iflamage
Alias: Psych
Metahuman or vigilante: Metahuman
Mentor: Abraham 'Abe' Sapien
Hometown: Perth, WA, Aus
Country of origin: Australia
Current location: Melbourne, VIC, Aus
Personality: Loud and annoying, she gets on everyone's nerves multiple times everyday.
She can be sweet at points, being compassionate and caring are strong, but rare parts of her personality.
Charlotte works well with stress, but she's gone slightly insane due to every time she touched someone/thing, she sees the history of that ob
ject/being. This didn't affect her as a person, but it shows when she is experiencing large amounts of emotion.
History: Her family life was well and good until she reached the ripe age of 14. The day following her birthday was filled with fun activities such as homicide, vengeance, and abandonment. /leaves the rest mysterious because ~*character development*~
Appearance: Picture of costume up top. She has a delicate, intricate spider web-like mask that covers from the top right of her face, to the bottom left. There are electric blue swirls on her waist and running halfway down her calves, more block-like then swirly. She wears electric blue lipstick with a dark blue lip-liner. She keeps a bow and arrows strapped to her back, although only on planned missions. The bow is black with electric block-swirls on it, and the bows have a black stick, but electric blue arrowhead and feathers. They have 'Psych' written on the stick.

Powers/Skills: Psychometry - The user obtains historical memories or sensations concerning beings and objects they can observe by their senses. With objects they gain the knowledge including the makers, users, and even those who have on passing used the ob
ject, and what has been done with it. With living beings or parts of the body the user learns their general life-history, but doesn't gain anything of what they were thinking or feeling.
So when she uses the power, what'll come up will be like:
ob
ject/Name:
Maker/Parents:
History:
Last person to touch/Powers (if any):
Extra Info:

Charlotte also has Psychic Shield, in which she is immune to psychic attacks and resistant to telepathic attacks.

She's also good with hand-to-hand combat, and a bow and arrow.
Other: I think I finished.

Used to be Headache, dawg
I am Zoe but I respond to Headache, Thorin, & any variant.

I am mostly everywhere and nowhere tbh.
Woodwings

7:03am Jun 10 2014

Normal User

May I? It's been a while since I've been in a superhero RP, but I've got a couple of characters I could choose between for this (I know to only pick one if you say yes, though).

Gneiss, but not taken for granite~
Mortal

2:55pm Jun 10 2014

Normal User

Of course, go ahead Woodwings. c:

Zoe, I know you aren't finished, but if you aren't going to already could you add a small deion of your powers next to where you've listed it? :) Just for reference. Thanks!

Also to anyone thinking of coming in, both original characters we have so far are female (making it even with two males and two females on the team). If possible, I'd like to keep the genders balanced. Just putting it out there <3

Woodwings

4:27pm Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 12:59am Jun 11 2014)

Normal User

Thank you~ If there's anything I need to tweak about mine, do let me know.

Full civilian name: Storm Zadkiel.
Alias: Healer.
Metahuman or vigilante: Metahuman.
Mentor: None.
Hometown: Kansas.
Country of origin: He was born in Canada, and considers himself Canadian, but he ended up living in America.
Current location: Manhattan.
Personality:
For the most part, Storm is fairly laid back, preferring to observe the situation before he speaks up or changes variables, but he has a fondness for irreverence. He has a breezy lack of regard for arbitrary authority, and simply refuses to respect on demand. If he believes that the suggestions of an authority figure are reasonable, or it is a situation in which it is logical to obey - such as an emergency - he is likely to go along with what they say, but he reserves respect for those he believes have earned it. With him, no obedience is automatic save when the situation is perilous or it is so obvious as to become routine. He is not quick to anger, preferring plotting to yelling in someone's face, but he never forgets an insult. He also has an interesting sense of morals, and sees no problem with vigilante action if he deems it required. His alignment, therefore, I describe as Chaotic Good verging on Chaotic Neutral. He is also a little on the paranoid side, and can be quite prideful, but he is not very good with social situations. He's come to rely on appearing proud and confident in his abilities, as appearing less so would result in him being less trusted by those he uses his abilities for.
History:
Storm used to live in a children's home of some sort (I've forgotten what they're called), and had done for as far back as he could remember, until the Metagene Massacre took place. He tries not to think about what happened then, and may or may not have managed to block some of it from entering his thoughts (this bit seems a little lame, but I'm not sure what to put for this bit - if it would work better, he could just be a metahuman who wasn't activated then). Since escaping, in a place far from his original home, he's mostly kept to the quiet, slightly grotty areas, for fear that he'll be picked up again by someone with nefarious intentions regarding him and the powers that were awakened in him. He moves around a lot, never staying in one place too long, and generally tries to keep a low profile. His method of getting by is to exchange the use of his abilities for food and shelter, which has worked quite well for him so far, since he worked out what his powers actually were. He hasn't quite untangled it all, which can lead to problems at times, but he has yet to make a serious error.
Appearance: Here's what he looks like out of costume: http://i.imgur.com/jUF1mAT.png
Here's what his costume is like: http://i.imgur.com/C0TswWH.png
The mask should be more purple than this, though.
Powers/Skills: Healing/telempathy. Storm is capable of healing others, though he has to be in physical contact with them in order to do so, and can only heal one individual at a time, even if it is only a small animal. The more serious the ailment, the more energy the healing requires, and he can become quite tired after healing someone. Eating tends to help, particularly if it is sugary, but it isn't an immediate refuelling solution. This ability is very closely linked with his other, more secondary ability, telempathy. There are many variants of mindmeta abilities out there, so I'll try to define Storm's subtype as best I can. In his case, the gift is skewed more towards the emotion side of things than to the thoughts side, and he cannot passively pick up thoughts or communicate with this gift casually. There are only two ways that he can use it. Firstly, and most simply, he could produce a 'broadbeam' transmission that would reach any receptive mind within a certain distance of him, but it would not be anything eloquent - more like a distress beacon than anything else. Secondly, there's what he thinks of as 'closeknit mode', which is tangled up with his healing ability, and also touch dependent. When this is active, he is exposed to whatever emotions the person he's healing experiences, and some of their surface thoughts - essentially, he feels at least an echo of what they feel. It's more intense an echo the more intense the feelings are, and it can be quite hard for him to distinguish the other's pain from his own if it's serious. It would also be quite dangerous for him to try to heal something life-threatening, as his mind would be tangled up with the mind of the person whose life was in danger. If the person he was connected to was to die, he could experience a shut-down of some sort. While connected in this way, though, he is also able to project a bit, which he tends to use to calm down whoever it is that he's trying to heal. Too much intensity of emotion on the other end, though, and he can't get anything in edgeways.
Other: Storm is a bookworm, and likes to think of himself as an intellectual. He doesn't like unexpected physical contact, like surprise hugs, but he will accept hugs from people he trusts - not many of those yet - but only if he knows that they're coming. He carries his belongings in a rucksack, and he has an old length of steel pipe he took from a junk yard that he uses to defend himself.

Mortal

5:19pm Jun 10 2014

Normal User

Sounds great! He's accepted :)

Rika

6:07pm Jun 10 2014 (last edited on 5:14pm Jun 16 2014)

Normal User

Full civilian name: Valeron Kansten (Val if you're feeling brave. He hates nicknames.)

Alias: Uh. Valeron? Or possibly Spellcaster should he actually decide to adopt an alias.

Metahuman or vigilante: Classified as a Metahuman

Mentor: ((if applicable))

Hometown: Well it's not...really a town as another dimension... AKA the Witch-World

Country of origin: ^^^^^

Current location: Um. Possibly somewhere around Happy Harbor? He's not really sure where some of these cities are honestly.

Personality: Despite being a chaotic with-boy like Klarion he actually has a rather calm demeanor. He hates getting dirty and he prefers to dress rather nicely as opposed to dressing in hoodies and jeans and such. He is rather fond of his familiar, a small Bumblebee Bat named Fura AKA Fuzz, who is normally found either nestled up to his neck or in his hair. He refuses to let Fuzz into his hair if Fuzz has rolled in something he deems filthy, however.

Along these lines he speaks rather properly and thinks of himself as a higher form of being than others, including metahumans. Hates being laughed at or mocked regarding his familiar, especially when otherwise he is being quite threatening. Despite this he does actually care about Fuzz and will not stand for having him messed with.

History: Honestly there isn't much to put here. He is, of course, from the same dimension as Klarion and has a similar set of skills (not nearly as powerful), but since not much is known about that dimension most of what Valeron would explain would likely not make sense. So he generally keeps it to himself.

Appearance: Valeron is tall and thin, standing at a little over six feet tall  with a rather slender appearance. Not quite as pronounced as Klarion would be, but similar. He has pale-colored skin and bright violet eyes the same color as his magic appears to be, and generally his ex
pression is rather unamused. 

A black suit with slightly flare sleeves and fitted pants, as well as a white undershirt and a dark purple tie is all that he's normally seen in. His shoes are black as well, patent leather and made sure to be shined as much as possible.

Hair is long and can either be described as platinum blonde or straight-up white, and is usually pulled back to keep it out of the way, unless he decides he wants to let it down..which honestly just involves taking out the hairtie that usually just binds his hair towards the bottom. This isn't done often, but has been known to happen in the midst of a fight when he can't find the time to actually fix it.

Fura, aka Fuzz, is a Bumblebee Bat that has the same bright purple eye color as Valeron, but otherwise generally appears to look like a normal bat of his species.

((Image will be added once I actually draw him out unu))

(Image drawn by Porkydoll/Porks as a birthday present ;v; <333

I as given permission to color it, which will be done once I can access a computer that has Paint Tool Sai

Also Fura/Fuzz is in his hair. c:)

Powers/Skills: Dark Magic pretty much

Other: Try to refrain from laughing at him and his tiny little bat. He doesn't appreciate being laughed at.

Current alignment status: Chaotic Neutral

Mortal

6:47pm Jun 10 2014

Normal User

He's accepted Rika <3

Rika

7:36pm Jun 10 2014

Normal User

((Yesss. I am so excited to do this. I've wanted to use Val since I made him after starting to watch YJ on Netflix like a month ago ah <33))

Woodwings

1:04am Jun 11 2014

Normal User

I've edited my post now - and hi Rika~ Just so you know, Storm will probably be somewhat suspicious of Robin and Kid Flash when they come calling - and may mistake their visit for an attack of some sort before he realises that they're actually costumed crimefighters - if they aren't careful about it, I mean. He does have a Canadian accent, by the way.

Rika

1:12am Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((Hello hello Wing c:

I promise I didn't follow you here xD I've been wanting to use Valeron for ages and saw this linked in the shoutbox earlier uvu))

Mortal

1:38am Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((Thanks Wing <3 and yeah, as long as it's in character there's no problem. Do you guys reckon I should make a separate thread to put general discussion for this in? That'd be where you guys would tell me anything I need to know about your characters reactions, etc, before we start, and there are a few questions I want to address before we begin just because I'm OCD LOL. I was thinking that was where we could discuss missions as well.))

Go to page: 1, 2, 3