Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Rika

1:39am Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((I think that's a good idea! C:))

Juke

1:45am Jun 11 2014

Content Manager

((Takes a break from working on the bio.

Agrees with the separate thread idea

Goes back to writing))

Mortal

1:48am Jun 11 2014 (last edited on 1:48am Jun 11 2014)

Normal User

((Cool. c: Thanks guys! Here's the thread: http://www.rescreatu.com/forum/cat/general/offtopic/young-justice-rp-thread/

Made to keep this board as neat as possible. If you guys ever need to say anything, ask the other members questions about their characters or anything like that, that's the place to do it. You can also post mission ideas, general discussion about the rp, etc.))

Mortal

1:37pm Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((Sphinx is approved. c:))

DarkWingedRaven

6:40pm Jun 11 2014 (last edited on 10:27pm Jun 14 2014)

Normal User

((I feel so horrible for making a me
ta.))

Full civilian name: Felix Crouch

Alias: Cheat

Metahuman or vigilante: Metahuman

Hometown: Calgary

Country of origin: Canada

Current location: Happy Harbour, 
Rhode Island, USA

Personality: 
Think of the most irritating boy you've ever meant. Now, add a litre of arrogance and a pound of ego. Stir in audaciousness and impudence, and you've got the basic recipe for Felix Crouch. 

Felix has a way of getting under your skin and then setting up shop on your nerves and constantly pushing all the buttons you have. He's about as impertinent as thirteen-year-old boys can get. And also about twice as potently unable to tolerate as your troublesome little brother.

Unfortunately, however, he gets into trouble about as much as he is trouble. Felix actually possesses a rather rational mind, though none of which is put to good use when he decides he wants three tons of chocolate-mint icecream from that particular icecream delivery truck. He relies heavily on his instinct, and often chooses to go against the odds and logic to follow his sixth sense. Felix is often labeled as spacey, but understands a great deal about how the daily world works, and is able to see through any situation to its essence and motive, having a rather detached point of view. Though again, Felix doesn't use his 'brilliant' brain, so this often lies dormant.

Felix has some serious trust issues, and is sometimes rather single-minded. Extremely gullible if you know how to think his way, and can fall for traps so simple that he seems outright idiotic. He's a thirteen year old boy who really shouldn't be doing anything else other than being the one that always gets in trouble in school, not a wanted criminal. Half of the time he creates trouble simply for the attention- even if it's negative. 

However, under that teasing grin and mischievous look is an entirely different story.

Felix's fatal flaw is his self-reliance, an ineffectual loner.

History:
Was born into a happy family as a spoiled single child. Did all the things dirty little kids do- ate dandelions, licked frozen lampposts, fell off trees, pulled cat's tails- the list goes on and on. Was a rather smart and smart-alecky child in school. Always above class average, but nothing really to show for. A rather loudmouth in school, got in detention more than once, on basically every school sports team. And the boring retelling of the most average life would have gone on had he not gone missing March the 9th, on his birthday.

And where else, but kidnapped to be experimented on? And the rest is history. If that's even the right word.

Appearance: 

To be completely honest, he doesn't really have a costume. He just wears all black, along with a mask, akin to a cross between tle="this" target="_blank">this and tle="" target="">this.

Strikes a rather dashing figure, if one counts boyish charm as dashing. Athletic and fit, Felix is agile with near cat-like reflexes, along with a slim build. However, he's only average height at 5'7", and is rather clumsy most times. Surprisingly light for his age. His street clothes consist of a blue hoodie, a grey graphic tee and cargo shorts. Often wears his black skate shoes, but is sometimes seen barefoot.

Powers/Skills: 
Persuasion (metagene)
Being Annoying and Cheeky
Lying

Other:

His favorite color is Orange. Haptephobic.

Has a strange love for cookies and juice. With a legitament reason as well.

((I finally did it 8D Personality short and failure, but hey, that's what character development is about, right? And excuse all the grammar and spellings, I haven't read it over yet. '^^ I'll probably add things as we go along. |D))

Mortal

7:35pm Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((Accepted!))

DarkWingedRaven

8:10pm Jun 11 2014

Normal User

((8D Alright!

Join people, join! (also inconspicuous bump and subscribe) ))

Loki

2:35am Jun 12 2014 (last edited on 8:06am Jun 13 2014)

Normal User

Full civilian name: Eva Leonell
Alias: Latch
Metahuman or vigilante: Vigilante/Metahuman (kinda both?)
Mentor: N/A
Hometown: Hay Shire, NSW, Australia
Country of origin: Australia
Current location: Sydney Harbor, NSW, Australia
Personality: Blunt, Optimistic
Eva is an incredibly blunt character, although her assertiveness is a surprise being that she spends most of her time hiding away from authorities and keeping herself pretty much to herself. She doesn't want to freak anyone out after all. Despite this she makes friends easily and feels comfortable around others telling them straight "If you hang out with me you better be ready to cope with a whole lot of weird."
History:
Eva was a city chick before she was experimented on, living a high life in Melbourne, Australia. She had many friends and was the social highlight of most of her events. Her Christian Parents brought her up with strong beliefs, giving her and opinionated streak. Her blunt personality and values were well known by her friends and few people stood in her way with any of her ideas.

She was approached by a group of people in her teens offering her a chance of a lifetime, taking the offer she was plunge into a new life of secrecy and hiding. Honestly. What had they turned her into? What this really the gene that lay dormant inside her? She and her family quickly moved to the Secluded Hay Shire in NSW, her parents and herself confused and scared of what had occured.

Taking stride with her new look and abilities, Eva began some small 'vigilanteous' jobs around the Shire, getting into all sorts of trouble and again, she had to move. Instead of pressing this on her parents, she ran away and looked for work in Sydney, Australia, continuing her vigilante efforts there.

Appearance: ject width="450" height="615">bed/view.swf?1">bed src="http://backend.deviantart.com/em
bed/view.swf?1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="615" flashvars="id=460526271&width=1337" allowaccess="always">
ject>
Alias: Latch by Azylumin on deviantART

Powers/Skills: Elastic and Prehensile reptilian hair, added stamina and strength. Pretty self explanatory, she has not limits except her own stamina, in comparison to a normal person she can push herself about 70% more in endurance.

Loki

2:49am Jun 12 2014

Normal User

(edited.)

Mortal

6:40am Jun 14 2014 (last edited on 6:56am Jun 14 2014)

Normal User

((Aaaaand…it begins. |D))

Ask anyone in New York to describe Gotham City in a single
word, and you’d get answers ranging from ‘risky’ to ‘nasty’ to downright
‘dangerous’. Only if you were asking someone suffering from delusions would the
word ‘peaceful’ ever be used, and even then, it was used rather ironically.
Yet, as Kid Flash observed Gotham, he saw tranquillity about it which he had
never seen before. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and there was
not a single kidnapper in sight. Not one!

Granted, they were hundreds of feet above the infamous crime
city, which made the numerous robberies and illegal activities that were
probably occurring at the moment impossible to see, but still. From where he
was standing, it looked about as threatening as a two year old with a plush
sword.

“I can’t believe we’re stealing the Batplane!” Kid Flash
exclaimed for the fifth time from the pilot’s seat, enjoying the sight of a
Gotham in which (he liked to imagine) he wasn’t liable to getting assaulted. “The
Bats is
so going to kill us!” He
sounded gleeful.

“Wrong,” Robin replied from somewhere behind him. “He’s
going to kill
you. I’m the
favourite.” He didn’t look up from the stack of documents in his hands.

“And aren’t I thankful for that!” Kid Flash said. “Otherwise
we never would’ve gotten such a cool gig. I mean, we’re on League business!”

Robin smirked. “Being the partner of the best League member
does have its perks.” His smirk widened, and he couldn’t help but take a dig at
his best friend. “Can’t say the same for you, KF… I guess feet running faster
than brains is a familial trait.”

“Yeah, yeah, laugh it up,” Kid Flash grinned. “Batman might
be smarter, but the Flash has more fanclubs.” He glanced over his shoulder at
the younger boy. “What’s in the ominous stack of papers? Who’re the lucky kids?”

The ‘ominous stack of papers’ was the only thing his mentor
and adoptive-father had given him at their mission briefing. A quick scan had
identified them as the files of six teenaged vigilantes and metahumans – the
recruits for the new crime-fighting team that the League had told him he would
be leading. They hadn’t proven very informative, however. The sheets contained
their ‘hero names’, a very,
very brief
history and then pages of useless information…honestly, who needed to know what
their favourite flavour of ice-cream was? The feeling of going in basically
unprepared was a new experience for Batman’s protégé, and he didn’t think he
liked it.

“Our first pick-up is a vigilante named Sphinx. Apparently,
she was originally mentored by the Riddler, but turned against him after the
Metagene Massacre.“ He didn’t mention that the information made him slightly uneasy.
He trusted the judgement of the League, but someone who had originally fought
alongside a supervillain (even one who couldn’t be taken seriously like the
Riddler) had not been what he had in mind when he had imagined his
justice-seeking team of criminal butt-kickers.

Kid Flash snorted. “Damn, I’d make a run for it too if my
partner was
the Riddler. Where’s she
from?"

“Gotham, although we’re heading for Pennsylvania.”

“Any particular reason why?”

“According to the file, she’s been hunting the Injustice
Lea-” Robin suddenly noticed that the plane had begun to swerve dangerously,
and looked up from the file of the lion-masked Sphinx in alarm to see the
redhead reaching sideways. His target seemed to be a burger which had been
placed temptingly in the passenger seat. “Both hands on the wheel, Kid
Reckless! There are days when becoming Gotham roadkill would be great, but
today’s not it!” Before Kid Flash could reply, he added hastily, “Computer,
auto-pilot to Radiance, Pennsylvania.”

The plane immediately steadied and began to fly itself at a
smooth pace. Kid Flash looked sheepish. “Right. The novelty of flying the
Batplane was beginning to wear off anyway.” He grabbed the burger and jumped
over the pilot’s seat to the back part where Robin was seated. The other boy shook
his head.
Typical KF.

“If Batman knew I let
you drive…”

“I’d prefer not to think about that,” Kid Flash said
quickly, his mouth already full of beef and bread. “Is this Sphinx chick hot?”

“See for yourself.” Robin tossed him the file. He caught it
easily and whistled.

“That is one wicked-looking sword.”

“It’s called a khopesh.”

Kid threw the file back at him. “Wouldn’t want to be on the
pointy end of that thing. She know we’re coming?”

“Nope,” Robin replied, popping the ‘p’. “Since the MM,
they’re the ones that have been causing the most trouble for the League, but the
League doesn’t want to alert them to the fact that they’re being monitored.
Putting them in a team is their way of keeping them in line while also keeping
them close. I mean, from what I’ve seen on these files, all six of our new soon-to-be-friends
are highly volatile.”

“Then why are we
in charge of them?” the redhead asked, for once looking serious. “I mean, you
and I-” he gestured between the two of them, “-aren’t exactly the best influences
around.”

Robin shrugged, although he too had been thinking about
this. They
weren’t the best
candidates for this job. Surely Speedy or Aqualad were more suitable? Both of
them were older, and while they weren’t as experienced as he was, he could admit
that they were probably more mature. The more he read into the situation,
though, the more he was convinced that this was another of Bruce’s schemes to
get him to prove his independence and leadership. Robin’s jaw set. He was
determined to live up to Bruce’s expectations. He wouldn’t let him down.

“Well, whatever’s wrong with them…anyone who’s against the
Injustice League is a-okay with me,” Kid Flash shrugged, finishing off his
burger with a belch. “I hope these guys can kick butt. The baddies are gonna
get their asses handed to them!”

Robin nodded in agreement, the corners of his mouth lifting.
Yes, the villains
would get their
asses handed to them – and they’d do it without Bats or the Flash. This was their golden opportunity, to prove that they had what it took to make it in this world.

First stop on the road to becoming full-fledged heroes: Pennsylvania and a girl named Sphinx.

((Edit: my formatting is so messed up orz. Sorry if it's hard to read. I have to figure out how to fix that lol))

Loki

6:48am Jun 14 2014 (last edited on 6:58am Jun 14 2014)

Normal User

((((I'm actually grinning with excitement :D
that was a brilliant intro, I feel like I'm actually in for some amazing action.
how will we do this though, are you going just have the rp between you and dodo untiil you get her or are we gonna go down the list? EDIT, sorry I posted this in the wrong thread O.o))))

Mortal

6:52am Jun 14 2014

Normal User

((Just for this first mission, it'll be between Dodo and I until we go on to pick up the next recruit, where it will switch to Zoe and I (and if Dodo wants to jump in, that's okay too) and so on and so forth until everyone's all introduced and happy c: After that, in other missions, it'll be in posting order. Hope that makes sense))

Juke

9:59am Jun 14 2014 (last edited on 9:59am Jun 14 2014)

Content Manager

Sphinx dropped low, listening to the whirr of  her former mentor's cane as it narrowly missed her head.
"Riddle me this," the man crooned, taking a step towards Sphinx.
"What walks on four legs in the morning..."
Another step.
"Two in the afternoon..."
He raised the cane once more.
"And three in-"

"Jesus, get a new riddle!" Sphinx mocked, blocking the falling staff with her khopesh. "That's not only the first one you taught me, it's also one of the oldest known to man!" She laughed and ducked suddenly, catching Riddler off balance. Pushing from the side, she easily overpowered him and sat on his back contentedly, continuing her rambling.

"C'mon dude, you're the freakin' Prince of Riddles or something... Was it Duke? Viscount? I don't know, but you could have easily, easily thought of something just a tiny bit more challenging." She grinned behind the mask and tapped his forehead with the butt of her blade. "I mean, I'm pretty sure even Batman could have thought up something better. Maybe it'd even have rhymed - you like those, right? 'Riddle me this, riddle me that, what can stop the big bad bat,' right?" 

The Riddler glared up at her in disgust. "If you'll shut your mouth, I'll give you a clue about that group you're always so fascinated about."

((I'm probably way out of character for mr riddles here but ah well - wasn't planning on giving him a massive part anyway ;D))

Mortal

10:08pm Jun 14 2014

Normal User

They arrived a half hour after leaving Gotham. As far as small cities went, Radiance, Pennsylvania was very cosy, but that cosiness had meant a lack of tall buildings for Robin to park the Batplane inconspiciously on top of, like there were in Gotham. Instead, he and Kid Flash had been dropped off, and the plane had been instructed to 'circle the neighbouring cities and towns' until Robin pressed the little button on the plane's keys, telling it to return.

They had both pulled on civilian clothing on top of their costumes and were now strolling the downtown area leisurely, observing the area. Despite the fact that they were young guys roaming the city during school hours, no one bothered them. Hanging around with Batman had taught his partner a few tricks of the trade in regards to stealth and deflecting attention, and Kid Flash had been hanging around him long enough that some of it had rubbed off on him. He was kind of proud, actually.

"So if I were an amateur vigilante with a grudge, where would I be?" Dick asked himself thoughtfully, noting his surroundings with care. Most people here seemed to live in apartment buildings, which seemed to line the main street, broken up every two hundred metres or so by supermarkets, restaurants and cafes. A fifteen-year-old on the run looking for supervillains wasn't going to be holed up in one of those, though. For one thing, she probably didn't have any money.

"Think like Robin circa 2009," Wally suggested. "Man, you were a little cutie back then. The red vest and those classic green underpants things-"

"Still looked better than you," Dick retorted, although he laughed.

The end of the main street culminated in a small dock and bay situated in the centre of the city. Dick spotted a row of old-looking warehouses along the west side of the bay. Surrounded by the modern buildings of the city on either side, it looked very out of place...and also like the perfect hideout for a rookie. He looked at Wally with raised eyebrows and nodded his head towards them. "Wanna check it out, Wallace?"

"Don't mind if I do, Richard, but first..." He rummaged around in the pocket of his jeans, his tongue sticking out in concentration. There was the sound of wrinkling paper, and he triumphantly pulled out a crumpled ten dollar bill. "I need a hotdog. Maybe a slice of pizza. Be back in a flash!"

"Get me a Twix!" Dick called after him.

"Will do!"

Dick patiently waited, and in a minute, his best friend was back, two slices of pizza in one hand, a Twix in the other and a corn dog held in his mouth. He tossed Dick the and held out one of the pizzas.

"Pepperoni? I know it's your favourite," he said in a sing-song voice.

"No thanks," Dick said, tucking the chocolate in the utility belt under his leather jacket for later. It was a habit he had gotten from Kid Flash - one which Bruce definitely didn't approve of, he thought with an internal grin. "I'd prefer not to be running on a tank of grease."

Wally shrugged. "Suit yourself," he said, and devoured the food quickly. Even though he was used to his friend's appetite, and was usually the one feeding him, Dick still had to look away. Watching Wally eat was SO not - what was the opposite of 'disgusting'? 'Gusting'? The word sounded very Wally-ish and had a nice ring to it...he mentally added it to his list of favourite back-formations, along with 'aster' and 'whelming'.

"Alright, I'm good to go," Wally announced, interrupting his train of thought. Dick nodded, and they quickly covered the distance to the warehouses. There was a wire fence around the land, hung with 'DO NOT TRESPASS' and 'PRIVATE PROPERTY' signs, but a large hole, big enough to fit a small person, told them that the signs had been blatantly ignored. Wally tried to climb through while Dick used his acrobatic skills to scale the fence and jump off the top. He landed gracefully on the other side and watched as Wally managed to squeeze in.

"Show off," Wally muttered, standing up. Dick smirked in reply.

They quietly moved towards the closest warehouse to them. He hadn't really expected anyone to be there, and was surprised when he heard voices as they approached a warehouse side door, which was wide open.

"Bingo," Wally murmured.

"We don't know if it's her," Dick replied softly, "but we should get into costume just in case." Without making a sound, they stripped off the civilian clothing and pulled their masks on. They moved in through the door and crouched behind a stack of boxes. There were two people. Robin saw the priestess-inspired robes, the lion-mask and the Riddler, and knew they had found their person.

"'Riddle me this, riddle me that, what can stop the big bad bat,' right?" This 'Sphinx' girl was mocking her former mentor, sitting on his back in a position that told Robin that she had overcome him quite easily.

The Riddler sounded frustrated and not a little annoyed as he replied. "If you'll shut your mouth, I'll give you a clue about that group you're always so fascinated about."

Robin exchanged a look with Wally, and they proceeded to have a silent conversation, the younger boy naturally slipping into the role of the leader. Wally understood the silent command. They would stay hidden, crouched in the shadows, and wait. Robin wanted to see what this girl was made of.

DarkWingedRaven

10:22pm Jun 14 2014

Normal User

((siahd Morty, you outshine me so much in RPing i mean.

u write a whole NOVEl each post, gurl. xD *fails at text speech*))

Juke

6:31pm Jun 15 2014

Content Manager

Sphinx snorted. "I'm almost tempted to take you up on that offer. However," she said, standing up and thus having him bear her full weight, "that look of extreme annoyance on your face is absolute gold." 

"Although I suppose beating the living crap out of you for no reason isn't very nice. Alright, I'll relent; just try not to put it in a puzzler, yeah?" She flopped back down again, chuckling lightly as he gasped. 

Taking a few moments to catch his breath, the Riddler managed to gasp out a very simple poem;

You'll never see him in Wales
He's a bit shy of whales
He'd rather go with the flow
And sit on a nice, southern floe

Sphinx cocked her head. "You're really getting bad at these, ain't ya?"

"It's not easy when you've go-" The Riddler stopped as his prodigy lifted a finger.

"Wouldn't say a word about my weight if I was you, mate." 

DarkWingedRaven

6:33pm Jun 15 2014

Normal User

((erm, sorry for breaking to flow of RPing greatness, but who/what is that poem pointing to? D8 *is oblivious*))

Mortal

3:53am Jun 16 2014

Normal User

She was gutsy, Robin conceded. He looked at Wally again and made a slight gesture with his head. It was time to break this up.

"Sorry to interrupt this heartwarming father-daughter chat," he said loudly as he stood up and left his hiding spot, his eyes fixed on the girl. "You're Sphinx? Mentored by this guy-" he nodded towards the pathetically positioned 'supervillain', "-and hunting the Injustice League? We've been looking for you."

"And boy, do we have a proposal for you!" Kid Flash exclaimed, popping up beside him. Robin elbowed him hard in the side, and he flinched.

"Not in front of Nigma," Robin hissed under his breath. Jesus, this was their first mission and already KF was breaking at least ten different rules in the unwritten hero code. "We're meant to be a COVERT operations team, remember?"

"Oh yeah," Kid Flash muttered.

Robin turned back to the fighting pair. "We'd like to talk to you, Sphinx."

"If you don't mind me getting rid of Mr. Brain Teaser here," Wally said with raised eyebrows, looking at the girl for permission. "For a little privacy."

Juke

9:12am Jun 16 2014

Content Manager

((LOL it's supposed to be Penguin - I have no idea which Injustice League we're using, but riddles about penguins aren't too hard to find.))

Sphinx eyed the newcomers. Both were young - probably a bit more than herself. But both obviously knew how to take care of themselves - they both almost had completely disregarded the Riddler. Not something most folks would have done. 

"Alright, just don't, y'know, break his legs or anything," she replied to the redhead. To the other, she stared at him long and hard before answering.

"I've got one condition if I listen to whatever you have to say. Don't," she stuck out the end of the khopesh and held it up under the boy's chin, "call him my father."

Rika

1:57am Jun 21 2014

Normal User

((gently bumps))

Go to page: 1, 2, 3