That's a very nice everything you have there... [Minecraft RP]

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Graveyardfox

2:57am Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 4:14am Dec 30 2011)

Normal User

That's a very nice everything you have there... it'd be a shame if anything were to happen to it... sssssss....

Minecraft RP

Intro

You find yourself waking up on a soft patch of grass. You sit up and look around, only to find yourself in an unfamiliar location. Everything is strange and block-like, nothing like what you're used to. Your mind is fuzzy. You can't remember what could have lead up to this point, but that's hardly the biggest of your concerns. It's midday now. You have no tools, no weapons, no shelter, and no food or water. Every sense, every instinct screams at you to obtain these things before nightfall. The mystery of how to get home can be solved later. Right now you need to obtain protection and resources. Possibly even find others to aid you. The night holds terrible things, and you will not survive long unprepared.
One truth is embedded in your mind. One thing is for certain. You must survive.

Deion
Well, were any of you expecting this? I feel quite proud of myself for coming up with this and how to make this work. And it's the first of it's kind on Res at least.
You will be playing to role of one, maybe two players that have been put in this strange world for an unknown reason. There's safety in numbers, so the most logical thing to do is to band up and help each other out with individual skills. However over the course of time this could very well change.
You can play pretty much anything. A typical human, or a mythical race such as elves or dwarves. You must be humanoid, however. Time period is up to you as well. If you want to make a medieval human or a space human, it's totally up to you. Background isn't important, as now you are all equals with the same goal. Being put in this world has nullified any special abilities you might have. So that means no magic for mages.
The world itself is like you would see in the game Minecraft. A little more realistic meaning the grass and leaves and rocks would have some texture to them, but they still keep the block-like appearance. You, however, are "normal" just like what you'd see when looking into the mirror.
More information about things can be found in the Notes category below.

Notes
x The world itself as well as the mobs (other living things) are block-like. Maybe a little softer around the edges but still not too much different. You and your fellow "players" are the only "normal-shaped" things.
x The world has a hint of "magic" to it, making it function much like in game. If you kill something, it'll disappear and "ready to use" items will appear in their place. You can break items with fists or tools, but if you punch out cobblestone, it'll just disappear like in game. Items will shrink slightly when obtained (make a square using your thumb and index fingers of both hands, that's about how big) and your bag (Inventory) will have much more space on the inside than on the outside. (Think Timelord Technology or Hermione Granger's bag.) Yes, punching a tree does give you wood.
x Crafting, is also done by magic, however anyone can do it. Simply place the miniaturized items on the crafting table like you do in game and focus on the item you want to create. This takes a strong intuition and sense of creativity and logic, but more on that later.
x This is based off Survival mode. You will respawn at the last place you slept (no bed needed) or where you first woke up, if you are somehow incompetent enough to injure yourself to death on the first day. On rare occasions, injuries might scar, but most of the time they heal cleanly. Sleep isn't a frequent necessity, meaning you don't need it to keep going physically, but it does keep the mind sane or at least slow the decent into insanity.
x Each character has a certain "skill" that they specialize in. Although anyone can do these things, people with these skills will be better than a normal person in some way. More on that later.
x Mob spawns are totally up to the players, as well at the layout of the world, caves, dungeons, mineshafts, etc. Please don't abuse the Creepers and mobs though. Eventually they'll start emotionally damaging your characters, especially if they have issues surviving mass waves of Skeletal Archers.
x Your characters know nothing about this world. For lack of a better word, they're n00bs. They have to figure things out by experience and intelligence.
x (Added) Bodily damage is inflicted normally. Meaning an arrow will give puncture wounds, a knock on the head with wood from friendly fire would leave a bump, torches can burn you, etc. However, healing items such a Pork are basically magic healing items. Even if you're bleeding rivers, a few pieces of pork will heal those wounds instantly, usually without leaving a trace.
x (Added) Language is universal. No matter what language you spoke in your previous world - English, Elven, Dwarven, even Japanese in Yaji's case - is what you hear and speak. It's a mental trick that instantly translates anything said into your first language to you.
x More might be added to it, I'm mostly just playing it by ear. If you have any questions, just ask.

This is a very useful guide if you're like me and don't have every aspect of Minecraft memorized.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Rules
(Red for emphasis.)
x Have a general understanding of Minecraft. You don't have to be a pro, but at least understand the concept and be able to understand the Wiki.
x You must be a decent Roleplayer. I've really stopped dealing with literacy because everyone has their own definition. Basic rule of thumb is proper grammar, spelling, etc. One-three decent paragraphs is ideal, but more or less (not too much less!) is understandable depending on the flow of the Roleplay. However, one liners/just dialogue is not acceptable. Thoughts and character actions as well as just deion make the RP more interesting. Don't just say they said something, describe how they said it. Were they relaxed, cocky, nervous. Were they holding themselves like a leader or fidgeting nervously? Quality people, please.
x I don't do that nonsense with "equal genders" or discrimination against sexuality. Everyone has their thing, and I'm not one to judge what you prefer.
x Keep it clean. No one needs to know about your characters' fun-filled night together nor do we need to know the absolutely gory details of your character's death or injury. For violence, I'm a little more lenient and enjoy a well-written death, but Res is strict about sexual stuff and I want nothing rule-breaking in my RP.
x Other general rules apply. You should all know basic RP etiquette by now.
x Two characters max, and you are by no means required to play a second character if you don't want.
x I have the right to not accept you or ask for a Roleplay example. I don't like doing it, but it's in the best interest of the RP and other players that I restrict people with poor literacy or creativity from joining.
x Don't leave people to the Creepers. Don't shoot off and leave someone behind. No one enjoys that.
x Be nice. Your characters don't have to be, but you do.
x Most important Rule. Be CREATIVE. Like Minecraft itself, this RP is limited only by your imagination. Even general logic of the real world doesn't rule over it. This Roleplay has the potential to go on for a very long time with the right creative minds. Have a plot twist? Tell us! Or Rmail me about it and we can work out kinks before presenting it to the group.
x I might add more to this later. I tend to be scatterbrained and forget things.

If you're this far, you're doing good! Just a bit more information then you get to the fun part: actually creating your character!

Skills/Specialties
These are things that set you apart from the other players. It's what makes you worth something to the rest of the group and will help the group survive. It's possible, but rare to specialize in more than one skill.
Crafting: People who are skilled at crafting don't need anything but an intelligent and creative mind. They have to be able to bend logic in their mind and look at things in a different way to create the items they and their comrades leave. There are no guides, and things are typically trial and error and a lot of guesswork and problem solving. No magic is required, and the crafting table will make correct objects.
Combat: Protection is one of most important keys to Survival, and being able to protect yourself and your comrades is an important skill. People skilled in combat know their way around a sword, typically having trained with one before waking up in this strange land, and have heightened strength and agility. They also must be brave. Once you know what a Creeper can do, few want to go up to one and whack it with a cheap sword.
Mining: I'll save you the Yogscast references. Miners are the providers of the group. It's difficult to get very far without precious ores hidden underground or in walls. Coal, one of the most vital of all materials, is obtained only through mining. Not everyone likes the claustrophobic atmosphere of a mineshaft, but Miners lover or at least tolerate them. They have a natural sense for how to mine and what not to do, even if they have never done Mining before. They don't mind getting their hands a little dirty either.
Archers: A rather useless bunch without a bow, but once they have one, they are key for keeping the other protectors from going into foolishly dangerous situations. They provide a much safer means of protection, able to snipe dangerous foes before they even get a chance to get close.
Builders: Fighters eventually tire, and sleeping out in the open every night can become uncomfortable. Builders have a natural, creative eye for design, and can make the best out of what's available. Early on they provide the shelter needed just to survive, but later on they might possibly be responsible for keeping the sanity of their comrades. Nothing eases the mind more than a safe sleeping place away from the noises of mobs, and a large house provides that safety.
Farmers: Farmers not only know how to grow and care for crops, but they also know much about the flora of the land. They very well could save a group member from an agonizing death by poison mushroom. They typically will double as Smiths, as they are typically holders of knowledge of the land.
Smiths: Even if the miners might not know what they've dug up, Smiths will. They are responsible for turning ore into bars that the Crafter can then use to make tools or other materials from. They are also responsible for cooking the meat the group eats. Often times, they double as Farmers.
Hunters: Food is often abundant in this land, but it's not always easy to obtain. Animals run away and cause commotion, and sometimes fall off cliffs when hit for their spoils to never be seen again. It takes a person skilled in stealth and speed to administer a quick kill and literally bring home the bacon. Usually a "subclass" of Archers, but also those proficient in combat can make able hunters.
These are the general roles I've come up with, if you think of something, feel free to tell me. We don't really need to have one of each specifically, but it'd definitely do good. Also, having more than one of some Skills would be helpful, such as with Combat or Mining. (At the moment, Archery is kind of iffy as a second, as Yaji's kinda touchy.)

Character Skeleton
Name: (Delete the parenthesis.)
Species: (Humanoid only. Human, Elf, Dwarf, etc. If you want to ask about something specific, go ahead.)
Skill: (See above.)
Appearance: (Picture, Deion, or even a Minecraft Skin. A picture/deion along with the Skin is preferred if you go that route, though.)
Personality: (Give us something, please.)
History: (A little background would be nice, but it's not required.)
Other: (Other general information.)

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Graveyardfox

2:58am Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 3:43pm Jan 31 2012)

Normal User

Character List
Name - Gender - Skill - Pla[injection]yer

Elreil - Male - Crafting - Graveyardfox
Mondai Yajirushi - Male - Archery/Hunting - Graveyardfox
Malik Helon Spinner - Male - Farmer/Smith - RikaTheFallen
Anna Marie Spinner - Female - Combat/Hunting - RikaTheFallen
Skellig Dubh - Male - Mining - YoursTruly
Alex Okwan - Female - Mining - Guiven
Irene - Effeminate Female - Crafting/Building - Detneth106

Mod List
The addition of Mods was suggested to me by Rika, and I think it's an excellent way to spice up the Roleplay, just like they were meant to spice up Minecraft itself. Granted, we're not going to use the more insane mods like Pokemon or cheaty ones like Too Many Items. If you have a cool one however, feel free to share it and if it fits, it will probably be included for later.

Mo' Creatures - http://tinyurl.com/7qpzqvb
Millenaire - http://tinyurl.com/6oqczjf
(Haven't looked too much into this myself, but I know the general concept and the idea of them eventually getting involved with NPC villages is an interesting concept.)
Elemental Creepers - http://tinyurl.com/d3576fv
(These are meant to be rare. Please don't spawn them excessively - asking first is nice - and lets leave the discovery of these for later when they know what a typical Creeper is.)
Aether - http://tinyurl.com/3h9c4ks
(For a major plot arc later. Definitely something to look forward to after the imminent Nether arc.)

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Graveyardfox

2:58am Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 5:54am Dec 30 2011)

Normal User

Character Skeleton
Name: Elreil
Species: Elf
Skill: Crafting
Appearance:
Skin:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/frostmage-rpg/
With hood down:

Personality: Elreil is typically a very dull character. Whether he just keeps it all locked up inside or just doesn't react as much to things around him is known only to him. He's a very calm, level-headed guy. He sees the world in a different way than most, making him an ideal Crafter. Although he's quiet, he has the capabilities of a leader. He prefers to think, not act, and is very good at considering angles of a situation before reacting.
With his hood up, he seems like quite the mysterious guy.
He doesn't like it when things don't go his way, and it's easy to surprise him by going against his orders or not waiting on his opinion or strategy. He seems to think that people should take what he says very seriously, and expect to be listened to when he speaks. However, he doesn't get mad or annoyed when he's ignored. Usually, he just sulks a bit. Sometimes, he's ignored by accident, as his voice is typically softer than most. It's weak from little use throughout his life, and too much shouting easily hurts it.
He misses his magic greatly, and will sometimes try to cast spells on clear instincts. This can bode quite dangerous results for him in combat, but he usually recovers quickly in time to get out of too much danger. He usually gets embarrassed by these lapses in memory, and will usually become angry with anyone who laughs at or mocks him about it.
He has a strong case of Acrophobia (fear of heights) to the point that being up too high almost always makes him sick and even causes him to pass out. He also cannot swim. As a frost mage, the skill seemed pointless to learn.
History: Elreil grew up in Mage Temple. This partially contributed to his silent disposition. From a young age, he was considered gifted in magic, and excelled greatly as a frost mage. His memory is fuzzy for a vast amount of time before waking up in this strange world, and he's determined to figure out what brought them here as well as took his memories.
Other: He's demisexual. He's also quite capable with a sword, as the basics were something he needed to learn as mage. However, he's not exceptionally skilled, and prefers not to fight at all since he doesn't have magic. However, it's not a skill he would hesitate to utilize.

Character Skeleton
Name: Mondai Yajirushi
Species: Human
Skill: Archery/Hunting
Appearance:

Personality: Yaji, as he's often called, can best be described as a danger to himself and others. He's reckless and lacks quite a bit of common sense. Luckily for him he has multiple lives, as he'll probably need them. He tends to act on instinct, and just goes along with whatever he thinks of, preferring to think about the consequences later.
He's a good natured guy, and tends to just laugh off his mistakes or injuries. He really does try to do his best to do things right, but that's rarely how it turns out and he usually ends up causing more harm then good.
Surprisingly enough, however, he's a natural and excellent sniper. One would think such a reckless individual would be incapable of staying still and being stealthy, but he does it quite well. As long as he doesn't get overconfident, he's fully capable of staying in a tree for hours taking out mobs. It all depends on how determined he is to do something.
History: Classified, although it's possible he had military training at some point. He used to have an eagle named Washi, however he doesn't know what happened to him after Yaji woke up in this world. He thinks it's unlikely Washi is there, otherwise he was sure his partner would have found him and rejoined him at his side.
Other: He's homosexual.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Rika

3:44am Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 4:01am Dec 30 2011)

Normal User

Name: Malik Helon Spinner (Called Dash by close friends because he's a speedy thing.
Species: Elf. c:
Skill: Farmer/Smith
Appearance

Minus the cool metal gear. :U 
Personality: He looks tough, yes, but in truth he's a bit of a wuss. He prefers working with [plants rather than weapons and he's a very kindhearted, peaceful kind of fellow. He's easy to get a long with and willing to help anyone who needs it. He has a kind nature, but when people do things that are incredibly stupid and could put everyone else in harm's way he gets a bit upset and tends to start yelling obscenities. He's good with his hands, which comes from his gardening, and he also doesn't mind getting down and dirty. If he has to he can fight, but he's not the best at it.
History: Eh, before this things were pretty normal for him. o3o
Other: He's quite openly bisexual. c:

Name: Anna Marie Spinner
Skill: Combat/Hunting. SHE'S A TANK SHE'S A TANK SHE'S A TANK. D:< But she is quite adept at slaughtering  innocent pigs and cows too.
Appearance

Personality: Unlike her brother, she is a lot braver and she quite enjoys the thrills of battle. She is very easily angered and HATES it when people underestimate her just because she's a girl. She'll be the first in line to join into a fight, guns blazing. She will not back down unless she absolutely has to. She is a graceful fighter, though, and she almost looks like she's dancing when she has both of her blades at the ready.
History: She's been practicing with blades since she was eleven because her brother was too much of a wuss. ;P She didn't mind it though. She loves fighting with swords. <3
Other: She's straight. O: And is Malik's younger sister who is braver than him. XD

Graveyardfox

5:23pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

((Diggy Diggy hole~
Bump. o3o))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Rika

6:10pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

((That's a very nice rp you have there.

It'd be a shame if anything were to happen to it.

Sssssss.....))

LanyaKnoll

10:03pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

((This looks fun, may I join?))

The only reason people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.
Graveyardfox

10:15pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

((I haven't actually seen you Roleplay anywhere, Lanya, do you think you could provide a sample? :) ))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
LanyaKnoll

10:21pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

Yeah sure: http://www.rescreatu.com/forum/cat/games/rp/1x1-private-ajohnson17-and-me-/~page/1/ That is a pretty good one. I can actually write quite a bit as long as I have something to go on. :)

Graveyardfox

10:38pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

((Okay, you can join. Post your bios when you like. ^^))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
LanyaKnoll

8:15am Dec 31 2011 (last edited on 8:16am Dec 31 2011)

Normal User

Character SkeletonrnName: Aria ZaylekrnAge: 18rnGender: FemalernSpecies: ElfrnSkill: Hunter/ ArcherrnAppearance: (I can't post pictures for some reason) She has long dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is also very pale.rnPersonality: Aria is very introverted when you first meet her, but gets nicer as you get to know her. She is very protective of the people she cares about.rnHistory: She was once in a horrible accident and she now always forgets things that have happened to her. Because of this she doesn't remember much about what happened in the real world the past month or so.rnOther: None really...rn

YoursTruly

6:05pm Jan 1 2012

Normal User

Character Skeleton
Name: Skellig Dubh
Species: Human
Skill: Mining
Appearance:
Long, dirty blonde hair falls down to his shoulders in usually tangled, messy tumbles. Unusually for a blonde, he has dark, chocolate brown eyes, flecked with bronze. Neither pale nor tanned skin, but rather somewhere in the middle. Wears baggy, black combat jeans and darkly coloured tank tops. He has an earring in one ear, a small, platinum stud, and he wears a thin gold chain at his neck, which he usually keeps tucked under his shirt. He's pretty tall, five foot eleven, as well as fairly strong, and has been known to have a little trouble keeping his fists to himself if you insult his friends... Although, he did once break his hand when he missed the guy and punched a wall instead.
Personality:
Outgoing and energetic, Skellig is quick to make friends, but can also be quick to make enemies. He is not the brightest guy you'll ever meet, even if he means well. Exceptionally accident prone, hurting himself on a daily basis. Very rarely understands what's going on around him, he seems to spend all his time confused and lost. Has been seen 'zoning out' on multiple occasions, and if you catch him doing that, a hurricane would blow through and he wouldn't notice. He dislikes unfair fights, and if you insult his friends, your in for it. Very protective. In a nutshell, rather stupid, but caring.
History: Born into a strictly Catholic family where anything but straight choir boys and girls were seen as 'unnatural and wrong', Skellig wasn't exactly given confidence boosts by his parents. Besides that part of his life which he hated, he had your typical history, albeit with quite a few more hospital trips.
Other: Skellig is homosexual.

Well now. I should... Probably put something intelligent here. At some point. Eventually.
... Screw it. HYE. ♥
Graveyardfox

6:18pm Jan 1 2012

Normal User

((Accepted, Ty. :3

Lanya, do you use IE? If so, could you try fixing your bio in a different browser like Firefox? Having it all jumbled up like that with all the rns makes it kind of hard to look at.
You can add images by clicking on that far right image on the bar above the box for Quick Reply. It kind of looks like a pencil and a green photo.
If you're not using a picture though, could you add more to appearance? Just hair, skin, and eye colour isn't much to go on.
Ty has a good example of what to add to as far as appearance.))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
YoursTruly

6:22pm Jan 1 2012

Normal User

[[Thankles. <3 Ty's on IE, and thinks it's just what happens when you copy and paste something. If you backspace on all the 'enters', and press enter again, it usually fixes it. <3
Oh, and Ty might make another charrie eventually. |D Kinda undecided on this other person, as they're pretty much a major jerk. xD]]

Well now. I should... Probably put something intelligent here. At some point. Eventually.
... Screw it. HYE. ♥
LanyaKnoll

10:06pm Jan 1 2012 (last edited on 10:15pm Jan 1 2012)

Normal User

((Yeah here, got firefox now.))

Name: Aria Zaylek
Skill: Hunter/ Archer
Appearance:

Personality: When you first meet her she is very introverted and a bit mean and aggressive. But, when you get to know her she can be nice and sweet.
History: She was in a horrible car accident and now she sometimes forgets things.
Other: None
((Sorry about that))

Guiven

8:54am Jan 2 2012

Normal User

((Hmmm, interesting, this does sound quite fun. I've been poking around a bit, looking for roleplays that have a nice base for me to work off of. I actaully enjoy adding lots of detail (well maybe that's not quite the right word?) or just, stuff, but I really need a solid base, something I'm familier with, like minecraft to go off of, that still is open enough it leaves room for lots of creativity. Mind if I join? If you need a sample or anything, I'd be happy to provide one or two.))

29.png
Graveyardfox

2:03pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

((Hehe, if you were trying to sell yourself, Guiven, you did a great job. I've seen one or two of your posts, so you're fine. :3 Post your bio[s] when you like.

I think we're pretty much good. I expected about 6-10 characters but if someone still wants to sneak in I wouldn't mind it.

And feel free if you like, Ty. XD The more diverse and nutty this group is, the more interesting things become.))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
LanyaKnoll

8:26pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

((Whatever))

Guiven

3:09pm Jan 3 2012

Normal User

((Heh. I've been playing minecraft for close to a year, so I'm pretty familiar with the game.))

Name: Alex Okwon
 Species: HumanxElf cross (if that's okay?)
 Skill: Mining
 Appearance: Alex has pale skin, but as she recently returned from somewhere down south, she is still rather tan. She has greenish blue eyes, and dark brown hair, which is long and straight. She is wearing a plain brown (neither dark nor light) shirt, with a tan zip-up jacket, wich is currently unzipped. She is wearing older, faded jeans, with black sandal/flip-flop things on her feet. She also wears a locket with a picture of her deceased dog inside.
 Personality: Alex's parents had a lot of money, so one would expect her to have designer cloths and all that other popular stuff, but she pushes all of that aside when offered it. She prefers to just throw on whatever she has laying around, and is quite devoted to her studies. She enjoys geology, and loves examining rocks. Though really very gentle, she appears to have a great dislike of her younger brother, for the two often get into fights over little things. She doesn't have many close friends. Alex enjoys walking around outside, and also enjoys exploring. She know when not to cross the line, but can also come across as daring, though she denies this when people point it out to her. She also enjoys playing video games.
 History: Alex and her brother used to fight often, and one day the argument was so intense, her parents got involved. The argument may not have been the direct cause, but it contributed to Alex's parents seperating. Her father moved down to Brazil to study endangered species in the Amazon, while her mother remained along the coast. Alex sometimes visits her father, she enjoys going into the forest with him.
 Other: Alex learned to use a bow when she was younger, and though she hasn't used one in a while, she hasn't forgotten the skill.

29.png
Pancakez

7:14pm Jan 3 2012

Normal User

((May I join your RP?))
Go to page: 1, 2, 3