Shadow Falls Camp: A summer you'll never forget.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Bookmark Thread
Feyth

10:41pm Mar 21 2012

Normal User

((Nobody wants to make a not straight character?))

Party image<-- Click me
SerenitySorrow

6:58pm Mar 22 2012

Normal User

((I added another guy to my previous post with my characters, though I think the ratio might still be off but I guess thats life XD))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
SpiritDragon

7:02pm Mar 22 2012

Normal User

{{Like a private one or small group?}}

I\'m The Slenderman\'s wifey <3 Batman\'s our kid <33
LanyaKnoll

8:50pm Mar 22 2012 (last edited on 5:46pm Mar 23 2012)

Normal User

((I'll make one, Feyth. :) ))

Name: Allira Carolin Halty

S.O.: Bisexual

Species: Shifter

Counselor or Camper: Camper

Personality: She is... unpredictable. At one moment she may be laughing and perfectly happy, but the next she may be trying to slit your throat. Allira is very tempermental and saying the wrong thing can set her off like a bomb.

Other: None

Appearance:

The only reason people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.
Feyth

11:01pm Mar 22 2012

Normal User

((What's a shifer XD Anyway, thanks!))

Party image<-- Click me
BB8

4:43am Mar 23 2012

Normal User

[[ The Male to Female ratio for campers is 8 to 13. For Counselors, the ratio is 3 to 5. 

.... Oh well. A little competition for attention never hurt anyone. ;D hehe

Anyways!

On another note, I will not have internet access until Monday or Tuesday afternoon, I'm not sure which at this point.
We will start when I get back. Sound good everyone? :3 ]]

BB8

10:23pm Mar 25 2012

Normal User

[[ Okay, I'm back early. :3 I figured we could start now!!

Uhm, so, Shadow Falls Camp is in the forests of Oregon, just to let you know. A bus will be picking them up in some parking lot, I don't know where exactly so just go from there...

At the camp, it's roughly 75-80 degrees during the day and around 60 during the night. I'll post in a moment! ]]

BB8

10:51pm Mar 25 2012

Normal User

"This is ridiculous!" A girl cried to her mother as they drove on the curvy road. "You made me get on two damn planes and drive me six whole hours to go to Oregon, of all states, for a camp for 'Troubled Teens'. Are you insane?!"

"Kerry, be quiet." Kerry's mother said sternly to her outraged daughter. "Your therapist suggested you go here, and I'm inclined to agree. Besides, you started neglecting everything." The woman's knuckles turned white from grasping the steering wheel so hard. "You started to sneak out every night, you refuse to eat anything, your friends say you haven't spoken in weeks... And I'm almost positive you're doing drugs!"

Kerry opened her mouth to defend herself, but then closed it shut with an audible snap. Of course Kerry couldn't tell her that she thought she was a vampire. Then again, Kerry couldn't have been positive that she was a vampire... That was just a guess. But then telling her mother would have her sent to a Psych ward, not a stupid summer camp for two months. 

The car slowed down, and Kerry jumped out before even looking at her mother. There were two buses, one was much, much bigger than the other. She could only assume that one was for the rest of the campers, and the other bus was for staff. She assumed correctly. Kerry was shooed into the larger bus by a kind looking woman, only a few years older than her it seemed. She was one of the first on the bus; so, she headed to the very back, shoving her bag into the seat so no one was tempted to sit by her.

~

"I'm sure you'll like the camp, Vinny." The broad-shouldered man said to his mopey son in the front seat. "I know you know about us... All species, actually. Most people don't, so, you have a good head start!" The man was oddly cheerful for sending his son away for the summer. 

"But dad," Vinny started, looking agitated. "You never even helped me when I shifted... You could hardly help yourself!" Vinny's yellow eyes flashed in anger. "You couldn't even help me when I hurt that..." He trailed off, shaking his head as if to clear the memory. "What makes you think this camp can help me if you never could have?"

"I just know, Vinny. I just know." The man slowed the car in front of the buses, nodding to his son as a goodbye. "We'll visit you when we can... I'll call you to let you know. Be safe."

Vinny just scoffed at what his dad said, slamming the door as he walked away. He just ignored the Counselor who was trying to help him as he walked up in the bus. It took all of his self control to keep from snapping at her.

Vinny looked around the bus, and seeing a Vampire at the back made him stiffen. He knew his race was supposed to hate theirs; his father taught him that, but Vinny wasn't one to hate. Even then, the werewolf couldn't help but sit at the front of the bus, wanting his distance for the time being.

[[ I won't really introduce the Counselors until they're on the bus, or at the camp. Not sure which.

Also, your posts don't have to be as long. o.o Though I wouldn't mind if they were, either. ^-^ ]]

Feyth

9:13am Mar 26 2012

Normal User

((My post might be a bit of a fail, I'm still disoriented from the crash, so I apologize if it fails. I'll post after school.))

Party image<-- Click me
DarkStream

1:57pm Mar 26 2012

Normal User

I know u already started the rp, but can I please, Please pretty please join? Please?
Iceheart46

8:04pm Mar 26 2012

Normal User

Shay had her arms crossed as she sat in the front passenger's seat of her father's car.  Her dad was taking her to Oregon to go to a camp.  But oh no, this wasn't any regular camp.  It was for 'troubled teens.'  All that she had to say for that was summed up in three words: What. The. Heck.  She honestly didn't know what was so troubling about her.  She had a perfect 4.0 GPA and a good amount of friends at school and she obeyed her parents pretty dang well.  It made no sense.  And her parents' explanation for that was that they felt like something was going to happen.  It didn't yet, so they weren't supposed to worry and definitely weren't supposed to ship her off to some summer camp with a possibility of wackoes.  Shay knew about herself - meaning that she was quite aware of her species and that it certainly wasn't human.  But that didn't mean she was 'troubled'... did it?

Her eyes were a mix of black, white, and dark blue each.  It made her very easy to read for her parents, and she could tell that they were sad and a little hurt.  Perhaps hurt at her anger towards them.  But it was more directed towards their decision.  Shay didn't have any business in Oregon, either - she'd never been there before, making this her first time, and she didn't have any family or friends or whatever here, so this was an odd spot for her to be in.  Her father sighed as he parked between two thick yellow lines on a large, paved parking lot.  Two buses - one large, one small - stood before them.  "Look... It's not really because you're troubling.  Me and your mother love you so much.  You don't even know how much... I can't believe you would think we would do this to you.  You'll find out what it's about later... Oh, I'm going to miss you so much.  I love you."

Shay's spirits were immediately uplifted at his words.  "I love you, too, dad.  Always more than you'll love me," she told him, smiling.  "I love mom the same amount.  Tell her that."  Her eyes flickered to a dark blue when he first began speaking, but only a trace of that remained.  They were now a mix of baby pink and sea green.  Though her emotions were far more complicated... A lot of colors must've also gone by her eyes, but oh well.  It wasn't possible to contain them all in a single iris.  Her father hugged her and they held the embrace for a few moments until Shay broke away.  "Good-bye," she told him a little sadly, and took her huge and very possibly over-packed duffel bag and headed off to the larger bus.  Geez, this bag was heavy!  She chuckled softly at thinking of what one of her friends would say - "You sure you can handle that?  You're just so tiny,"  he'd joke.

Hopping up the steps, she smiled at the older woman next to the doors and then something hit her.  Oh my gosh.  There's a vampire and a werewolf here.  The girl had automatically read their Symbols; it was a natural thing for her to check out everybody, and normal humans would be surprised to see how many people they knew were supposed to be nonexistant and impossible.  The rush of fright rippled through her until she smiled and calmed herself down instantly.  They were still 'human', and she rather enjoyed being with the opposite species.  One of her eyes was purple and the other was a sea green now as she sat down next to the werewolf boy.  She used to have a werewolf friend, but he moved away three months after the two had met.  It was sad.  He was such good company.  "Hey," Shay greeted the boy.  "What's your name?"

---

Asher muttered some crap to himself on the car ride.  Troubled.  Pfft.  Just because he had a social life and not-so-awesome grades and perhaps loved to be out all the time didn't mean he was supposed to be labelled as 'troubled'.  Ah, but so what?  He didn't care.  He was going to be gone in a few minutes anyway.  His parents were probably looking for an excuse to get rid of him.  So rude of them, yes, but they didn't always have the strength to put up with him, so very possible.  "This it?" Asher asked.  It was a short, choppy question.

"Yes.  That bus there is yours, I believe.  Take care," his mother said.  Asher took his bag and walked onto the big school thing.  Did they have to use a bus?  Reminded him too much of home.  Wasn't this going to be the opposite?  His feet walked down the tiny aisle between the rows of seats until he took a seat near the back.  It was then that he noticed a vampire was sitting behind him.  With her bag in the spot where his was - put right next to himself and hers next to herself - she obviously didn't want company.  Huh.  It was funny how he actually had something in common with his species-wise enemy.

It wasn't that Asher completely despised their kind.  It was just that he couldn't be himself around them - always more grumpy.  He could never lie and every vampire he'd met was arrogant for some reason.  Probably because they didn't like him.  Well, acting that way wasn't going to really help build a relationship!  Being a smooth liar was simple with Asher, but that aspect of life was totally thrown off the track - heck, thrown into a giant cornfield - when he's around vampires.  Perhaps if they were a bit nicer and stuff Asher could be alright with them.  But for now, 'alright' was not in reach.  It was more like he could tolerate them.  Though toleration was never really his forte after all.

---

Terra didn't mind that her parents were sending her off.  In her mind, she put a positive spin on it all - she was going to make new friends, have tons of fun... You know, camps are s'posed to be fun.  Even though this was for troubled people or whatever it still had potential.  Don't judge a camp by its name, isn't that the saying?  "Oh, mom, I'm so excited!  Ooooooh, I hope they don't make us wear uniforms.  You checked about that, right?" she asked excitedly as her pretty turquoise eyes shone with anticipation and excitement.

"Yes, yes, I checked.  You don't have to," her mother answered with a small smile.  Terra looked out the window but quickly got impatient.  Or, rather, more impatient.  This was a really loooooonnng car ride!  Couldn't we all go, like, five hundred miles per hour real smooth and great and get everywhere in less than half the time?  Going all the way from Florida to Oregon really wasn't fun, though they did have a plane ride or two.  Terra began to mumble things to herself before she spoke up again, asking the famed age-old question.

"Are we there yet?"

Her mother laughed and told her, "See that right there?  You're getting off at that spot."  She smiled.  Of course, a witch had natural impatience.  Terra smiled wide and her eyes got round with even more excitement.  Was this overload yet?  She didn't really know.  When the car stopped, the witch said a quick but meaningful good-bye and raced off with her stuff to get on the bus.  The lady at the sliding doors seemed like she was one of the people running the place.  Terra shook her hand quickly and spoke as she did so, letting it go afterwards.

"Hiya!  It's so nice to meet you!  In fact, it's so nice to be here!  Thanks for having me!" she said quickly, her bubbly behavior spilling out.  She climbed into the bus, put her stuff on the floor in front of her feet, and didn't really bother reading the rest of the campers' Symbols until a few moments later, when she was surprised to see they were only missing a fairy to complete the little group.  But of course there would be more arrivals - wouldn't there be?  A camp couldn't have so few campers!  Without a substantial amount of people to fill it up, a camp is boring - the inhabitants spice it up and make it a-ma-zing!

---

He was having a car ride from the Oregon airport and he was pretty alright with it.  James' earbuds were stuck in his ears and the music was playing soft enough so that he could hear a person's voice a tad muffled and it was very enjoyable.  He loved his music and was very talented in playing instruments, and he could connect to it all.  Singing was... alright.  A lot of people said he was good, but he sure didn't think so.  James was a pretty mellow guy, sittin' right there in that car, lookin' out the window, listenin' to music... It was great for him.  When the time came to get out, he didn't even notice until his father nudged him.  "Time to go," he said.

James said his sorrowful good-byes and deep down inside, he knew it was going to be just a little tough to get through this without his awesome parents.  Most people didn't like their parents, but he did.  They helped him through the hard times and were always there for him.  But this... 'troubled' insinuation was a little downputting.  Maybe there was a surprise for him at the camp.  Perhaps it was just a cover.  His parents would never think he was 'troubled'.  As James exited the car and took his items that he would need to stay at this camp for two months - the whole entire summer, in fact - he went into the bigger bus that he had seen some other teenagers in as he stole a look through the windows.

He recognized every species there and only had to read the vampire's Symbol to get them all down.  But he didn't care.  They were all the same to him - everything was the same.  Even though he was a... fairy - ew, so unmanly! - he was sort of alright with it.  I mean, an orange-tinted not-very-noticeable skin color was a little begrudging to be stuck with when the rare human noticed.  But dreamscaping and talking to his female schnauzer puppy, Tote, along with any other animal was pretty cool, he had to admit.  Oh, the thought of Tote made him miss the little pup so much.  James wished so badly that he could have brought her to this camp with him.  She would make things so much easier.  Just like himself, Tote was laid-back and, just like the music, comforted him and calmed him down.

(Grahhhhh.  Sorry for the huge block of stuff I just threw on this thread XD )

- ☀ -
hiiii. you can call me ice.
bands took over my life and
i laugh too hard at bad jokes.
meh. x
- ☀ -
BB8

8:06pm Mar 26 2012

Normal User

[[ Dark: Perhaps you can send me a post of yours so I can access your literacy? 

Ice: Oh it's all good! xD

Feyth: It's okay, just post as you can. ^^ ]]

BB8

11:37pm Mar 27 2012

Normal User

[[ Bump~

Come on people, post your intros! I don't want to continue without you all! :3 ]]

SerenitySorrow

3:11pm Mar 28 2012 (last edited on 4:56pm Mar 28 2012)

Normal User

((I'll have an intro up soon. I'll edit it under this ^^))

Eirlys leaned her head against the window as she watched the scenery run across. It was just her and her grandmother behind the wheel, neither of them talking, the silence being filled by the soft music coming out from the radio.

She took her soft blue eyes from the window to look at t he old woman driving the car. She was taking her to the bus stop which would then take her to a summer camp for trouble kids. That puzzled her, she was a good kid. Good grades, never acted out, had few friends, just a altogether quiet kid. "Mimo..." Eirlys started, calling her grandmother by her nickname. Eirlys had no idea how she came up with that but she'd been calling her that for years.

"Anwylyd." She said in Welsh, turning the same blue eyes towards her. "Have I done something wrong Mimo?" she asked moving some long hair from her face. The woman smiled and turned her eyes back to the road. "No Eirlys, you have been perfect." she said. "You're father just thinks it's time, considering he won't be here for you."

Eirlys raised an eyebrow. What was she talking about? Her father thought it was time fore what? Her father was a botanist, he was working on some sort of geneticcally modded plant life thing that he didn't talk to her about and was always in the lab. Sadly that lab was over in the UK so she rarely got to see him anymore. But before she got question her grandmother further she pulled up into a parking lot with a large bus and Eirlys felt as if she had been punched in the chest and she sucked in a sharp breath. This was really happening, here she was going off to a camp for 'troubled' kids, probably be spending her days with a bunch of kids with attitudes who would likely bother her.

"Rwy'n dy garu di." Her grandmother smiled. "I love you too." Eirlys replied, before sliding out of the car and grabbing her stuff. "I'll tell Tennyson you'll miss him." her grandmother called out, referring to her brown kitten. Eirlys smiled but it faltered slightly when she noticed for the first time in years that her grandmothers' skin looked green. She shook it off and climbed onto the bus noticed a few kids were already on, they didn't look like delinquents, though some didnt look happy to be there, a few were sitting together. She sighed and plopped herself down in a seat behind a kid that had earphones in. This as going to be a long trip, she was used to being away from her father but her grandmother was something else. She'd had been raised by the woman after her mother died, she'd miss her the most, along with her little cat.

She pulled out her ipod and put the earbuds in her ears, keeping the music low enough to hear if anyone were to talk to her.

- - - -

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
Feyth

6:26pm Mar 28 2012

Normal User

((Ok, I will post tonight or tomorrow morning. I am feeling a lot better, but I am doing homework atm.))

Party image<-- Click me
BB8

6:31pm Mar 28 2012

Normal User

[[ Okay Feyth. ^^ ]]

DarkStream

8:18pm Mar 28 2012 (last edited on 7:21am Mar 29 2012)

Normal User

ok, thanks.

Name: Lavender White

Age: 17 exactly. She had to be taken to this 'stupid' camp on her birthday

Spiecies: Shifter

Camper

S.O. Straight

Character: Favorite color is black. She was born in the mountains and lived in the mountains her whole life, so she is comfortable with altitude, it even calms her. She has a special way of looking at things that nobody quite understands, save for her. She has a photographic memory. She can predit the weather with no equipment and is not usually very far off. She is usually very serious.

Looks: Lavender has long black hair and fair skin. she has a scar on the right corner of her lip. She is almost always found dressed in purple. 

Is that good? One question-- can shifters transform into anything, just animals, just other speicies, or what?

Is my edit god?

BB8

8:55pm Mar 28 2012

Normal User

[[ I would prefer a little more on her deion, but otherwise yes, it's fine. And Shifters can only shift into animals. ]]

BB8

1:53am Mar 30 2012

Normal User

[[ Bump? o.o ]]

DarkStream

7:14am Mar 30 2012

Normal User

Name: Lavender White

Age: 17 exactly. She had to be taken to this 'stupid' camp on her birthday

Spiecies: Shifter

Camper

S.O. Straight

Character: Favorite color is black. She was born in the mountains and lived in the mountains her whole life, so she is comfortable with altitude, it even calms her. She has a special way of looking at things that nobody quite understands, save for her. She has a photographic memory. She can predit the weather with no equipment and is not usually very far off. She is usually very serious.

Looks: Lavender has long black hair and fair skin. she has a scar on the right corner of her lip. She is almost always found dressed in purple.

Is this enough??

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4