[This Game's Been Won 100 Times Over]

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
FluzzMe

8:43pm Nov 18 2012 (last edited on 8:43pm Nov 18 2012)

Normal User

"I'm guessing you don't like your father much, then. Hmm. He always expressed a fondness for you. I suppose you're not the kind of person to care, though." Kit lowered her gaze down to her plate. She set down the plum colored bun, a scene from years ago flashing behind her eyes. The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky. There was a soft breeze blowing off of the ocean, cooling the two and a half year old Kit. In the distance, a man walked to the ocean shore, only inches away from the rising tide. He was tall and slim, but he didn't have the appearance of being lanky. He had short, dark brown hair, just like Kit. The man walked out into the ocean, swimming out about thirty yards. He did a beautiful surface dive; one that would've taken years to get even close to. You could see bubbles rise to the surface of the surprisingly calm water.

That was the first and last memory Kit had of her father. At least, she assumed this man was her father. A few years back when she was in the Mayors office, she saw a picture of this man holding a young child that looked much like a young Kit. But that was as close as she had ever come to finding out who her father was.

"As for my name, you never caught it because I never told it. I don't suppose it will hurt to tell you now, for I'm sure it will be repeated many a times in the Games." She said in a quest voice, not much emotion in it. "I call myself Kit, to the one I've told my name. I don't exactly know my name, so you can call me what you wish." With her mother dead before she could remember, and her father missing, Kit had never really received a name. The one man who treated her as a father, many years ago, had called her Kit. She adopted the name, and from then on thought of herself as Kit. She had lived her life for ten years, not even knowing what to call herself. So whenever anyone asked for her name, she would remain silent. After she received a name, she never really got over the habit. Kit was, indeed, a creature of habit.

fawn

9:52pm Nov 18 2012

Normal User

"Not particularly." Joesph answered when Kit asked if he liked his father. "Him? Fond of me? Doubt it. If he even did, you're right. I wouldn't care." He reached out and found a small brown sesame seed-covered roll and ate it thoughtfully. "I like your name." He added after a few moments of silents. 

FluzzMe

10:10pm Nov 18 2012

Normal User

"T-thank you?" She said in an almost questioning tone. It wasn't often she received compliments. Or at least, she thought this was a compliment. She stared down at her plate in silence for a minute before feeling a slight lurch in the train. She looked over out one of the small windows across the room. Everything was dark outside, but there was still the light of chandeliers inside the train.

"We're going through the tunnel now." Kit murmured to herself. She got up from her seat, crossing the room to a larger window. "You coming?" She called over her shoulder, a faint smile on her lips. Just then the train emerged form the tunnel, revealing a candy-land like city. It was beautiful, colored in pastel hues and enormous buildings. Suddenly it felt like Kit was back underwater, fifteen yards under the surface. It felt like all the pressure was on her chest, the beauty taking her breath away.

fawn

10:58pm Nov 18 2012

Normal User

With a sigh, Joesph rose to his feet and followed the young girl to the window. Immediately he blinked time after time, trying to erase the blurry colors from his eyes. He turned away from the bright city and mumbled, "It sure is a...colorful place, isn't it?" 

He was disappointed. He'd heard many wonderful stories of the beautiful Capitol, though all this place did was hurt his eyes. He wasn't used to a lot of color in his life and so much at one time simply did not fit in his dull, simple life.

FluzzMe

5:27pm Nov 19 2012

Normal User

Kit looked away from the window, what small amount of a smile she had fading. "You don't seem impressed." She said, almost to herself. "I suppose a person of your living conditions wouldn't be that impressed." She looked as Joesph, a sudden resentment in her eyes. Even though her gaze was towards Joesph, the resentment wasn't for him. She hated all of the people in District 4 that lived with nothing but perfection, colors and money as abundant as peacekeepers. Kit made a good living, but there were years when she didn't come out as well. This year she had her name in 17 times. No, it wasn't an unbelievable amount, but it was much more than most had.

FluzzMe

5:27pm Nov 19 2012 (last edited on 5:39pm Nov 19 2012)

Normal User

((Triple post. Sorry Bronson! xD))

FluzzMe

5:27pm Nov 19 2012 (last edited on 5:39pm Nov 19 2012)

Normal User

((Triple post. Sorry Bronson. xD))

fawn

6:03pm Nov 19 2012 (last edited on 3:44pm Nov 22 2012)

Normal User

Joesph gritted his teeth is attempt to resist screaming at the girl. He considered saying something, at least, but he couldn't make out the words. Instead he glared at the ground, waiting for the painful silence to end and the train to stop.

The train lurched to a slow, sudden stop. Without another word, Joesph found the exit and stepped out of the train, his eyes fixed on the ground. All sounds of any clapping or cheering he simply blocked out.

FluzzMe

6:59pm Nov 19 2012

Normal User

Rolling her eyes at the boy, Kit followed him out. "And you think you've got it bad..." She muttered to herself, inaudible over the loud crowd. Once she exited the train, she put an unbelievably huge grin on her face, waving to the millions of people coming from all sides. At this moment she was thankful she chose a reasonable outfit this morning instead of staying in her pajamas. There were cameras everywhere, catching her every move. Kit blew a few kisses to the people farther away, then watched as they tried to grab them like they were an actual thing.

Once inside the building, Kit wandered around aimlessly for a few minutes before a man appeared before her, insisting that she come with him. The elevator ride took only moments, so it wasn't long before she arrived in a plain white room, cluttered with stations that seemed to have multiple purposes.

"Ah-ha! There you are!" Kit heard a voice say, the hilarious capitol accent almost making her laugh. She turned to see a woman dyed in a light blue color, with flowing yellow clocks for hair. Her eyes were purple, no doubt another capitol-educed mutation. Well, at least that's what Kit saw it as. They saw it as a beautiful thing; something that no one who's anyone can go without.

"We've been waiting long enough!" Another voice said, this time more masculine. From behind the woman appeared a shorter, plumper man. He had rose colored skin and bright pink eyes, long, thick eyelashes, and short green hair. He didn't look very manly in Kit's opinion, but to the Capitol, he must have been the most beautiful person at some point.

"Now, let's get started! We've got a lot to do!" The woman squeaked, smiling and exposing overly white teeth that seemed almost scary. They were in perfect alignment, not a single fault anywhere. A cold shiver went down Kit's spine, just thinking of how much dental work that must take to maintain.

((Sorry for the long, boring post. xD))

fawn

7:54pm Nov 22 2012

Normal User

As Joesph entered the stone building a few minutes before Kit, he figured he'd go and find his stylists. He discovered an elevator tucked into the back of the room, seemingly hiding from any tributes who dared to enter it. The door opened as soon as Joesph approached, so he stepped inside and pushed the first button that came to his mind;

four.

As soon as the elevator reached it's destination, he walked out of the elevator and glanced around him. A deserted floor. He stopped the elevator doors from closing and walked back in, then pushed the second number that seemed logical, which was six. This time he ended up in a room filled with silent, stone-faced employees on computers. They glanced up from their typing to glare at Joesph. He waved, smiling sheepishly, then admitted quietly, 

"I'm lost."

"Are you a tribute?" A short, blonde haired woman approached him, a tiny smile on her face. Joesph nodded, and she directed him back to the elevator. "Floor eleven, honey." She said calmly. Joesph nodded and added a quick "thank you" before entering the elevator. He pushed the '11' on the skyscraper of numbers, then patiently waited until the elevator had reached the eleventh floor. 

He exited the elevator and froze as many colorful faces paused what they were doing to look at him. "I'm Joesph Wolfe from uh...District Four?" Immediately a man and a woman approached him, stupid grins on their faces. "I'm Valentina." She squealed, her unusual pink eyes shining. She looked very much like a Valentine card, with her long, curly bright red hair and lace trimmed purple dress. 

The man didn't respond right away, but finally said after a long pause, "...Cress." At least his dark blue eyes seemed normal enough, though the spiked bright blue hair on his head was quite unnatural.

FluzzMe

9:10pm Nov 22 2012

Normal User

The enormous, colorful room seemed calmer than the rest of the Capitol as Kit entered form the elevator. There were an endless number of chariots were lined up, each with different colored horses. She was the first tribute down, and this didn't help her feel comfortable in her... outfit. As she made her way down the length of the room, she realized just how much her full-body waxing hurt. Every single hair, aside from those on her head, had been torn from her body in sharp, painful jerks.

She was covered in small, blue jewels that sparkled whenever she so much as took a breath. She was all but naked, the stones only covering the parts that were necessary to be covered, along with her sides and arms. There was a 'skirt' of blue and green feathers that wrapped around her from her knees down. Her stylist had preformed a miracle with some sort of body paint, and from head to toe, it looked like there was a steady stream of water flowing down her body. She wore a crown of opal, with pearls at the bottom. She had a necklace that was made out of the same blue opal, but in the shape of a sea turtle. In District 4, it was used as a symbol of wealth and prosperity, and always authority. With all of this, Kit looked like the rightful queen of the ocean, beauty, wealth, strength, everything the ocean is all wrapped up into one stunning person.

Finding the chariot her stylist had told her to find, she saw the plate of gold that labeled the two tributes that would be riding. Not much to her surprise, the plate read, "Kit and Joesph Wolfie." Wonderful. So now not only would they be riding together, but they would also be doing the interview together. Perfect.

She sighed, remembering what her mentor had told her to do during the interview. It certainly would get a lot of attention, but she wasn't looking forward to it. Not even in the slightest. She shook her head, throwing the though into the back of her mind. She walked over to the horses that drove their chariot; two enormous black horses. She began stroking one genitally, her mind wondering back to the man on the train, who shut the door in her face and dumped noodles in her lap. A small smile crept onto her lips as she thought about the previous night.

fawn

9:24pm Nov 22 2012

Normal User

Joesph boarded the elevator just a few moments after Kit and got off just as the girl began patting the large horses. He glanced down at himself, cringing at whatever he was wearing. It was too formal for his liking, though the dark midnight-blue color was nice. It almost reminded him of home. He closed his eyes and imagined the dark crashing waves, the soft sand...

He shook his head and blinked open his eyes. Knowing his hair was combed, he ran his finger through it until he deemed it messy enough. He approached the horses cautiously, then gently touched one of the huge creature's shoulders. He'd never seen a horse, let alone touched one, and was pleasantly surprised by it's soft texture. After a few moments he noticed Kit and turned to look at her, then blinked and turned back to the horse.

FluzzMe

9:46pm Nov 22 2012 (last edited on 9:50pm Nov 22 2012)

Normal User

Kit watched Joesph enter, noticing how stunning he looked in the suit. Normally, Kit found suits to be unattractive. Apparently she had never seen one on Joesph, though. "You look..." She paused for a moment, searching for the right word. "Fine." She decided. No, it wasn't the best word, but it wasn't too awkward. chances were, after all, that she would end up killing him in the Games, or visa versa.

Hopefully someone else will kill him first, She thought to herself as she stopped petting the horse. Another tribute came into the room, found her chariot, and climbed in. Apparently she was from District 6, as she climbed in one for that district. She turned back to Joesph, once more examining him. Suddenly the thought of what her mentor had told her to do didn't seem to bad. She smiled to herself, imagining the next twenty minutes or so.

fawn

10:05pm Nov 22 2012 (last edited on 6:35pm Nov 24 2012)

Normal User

Joesph glanced back to her and nodded, then responded quietly, "You, too." After stroking the horse a final time, he open the door to the CHARIOT and stepped inside, pressing himself against the side of the CHARIOT and almost hiding in the back. He peered at the people from his window, his hands folded in his lap. "You coming?" He called to the girl.

FluzzMe

6:58pm Nov 24 2012

Normal User

Kit walked over to the actual chariot, climbing into it. It was a beautiful blue thing with elegant designs of waves and sea creatures, but nothing as to distract one's eyes from the tributes inside. As the other tributes started arriving, Kit knelt down in the chariot to avoid their eyes. Yes, even a girl like her could get a little uneasy when people are staring at her. And not that it was unusual, but she did feel... exposed in this outfit. After all, it didn't cover up a lot. She sighed, waiting for the tributes to all get here so they could get this over with.

Go to page: 1, 2