☪ Don't let the Dead Bite ⋆ ✞

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Bookmark Thread
kakelover

10:42pm Aug 10 2013

Normal User

((Sorry for the delay, Kake-chan is writing as we speak and Kai is coming to save the day. :) ))

\r\n
LuckyArtist

10:51pm Aug 10 2013

Normal User

((YAY! -sooperman-))

Requiem

10:57pm Aug 10 2013

Normal User

{ Whoo! 8DD }

kakelover

11:37pm Aug 10 2013 (last edited on 11:38pm Aug 10 2013)

Normal User

Kai sighed deeply, his thoughts being interrupted. He looked down at the creature at his feet who stared up at him, and cocked his head to the right. The boy ran his fingers through his hair and fumbled through his song books, searching for something. His hands stopped as they reached a rather thick one, completely filled from cover to cover with words.

The boy opened the front cover and scanned the book's contents as he darted out the door and exited the castle, his hands clutching his song book to his chest. Dai followed his master at a close distance without hesitation.

It took him a few minutes to approach the scene. The wolves were gathering around a carriage, their fangs bared. The creatures were getting larger in number as time went on. Kai slowed his pace and approached them steadily. The boy opened his mouth and created a barrier around the area. Then, he began his song so all but the humans could hear.

Who are you to dare defy
The Kings and Queens of this land
For you are to sure know why
You have been caught by my hand

They are guests starting morning
So you beasts better beware
To you this is my warning
Now you are all well aware

Turn back while you all can
 For you won't have a future
Your fight with me won't be with man
But rather with my creature

Kai's velvet voice echoed throughout his barrier, making the dire wolves stop in their place. The beast's ears folded back and their tails shivered between their legs. The creatures knew a fight with the prince would be terrifying, for all had heard the rumors. No one had fought with Kai and lived to tell the tale, he could sing a death song to make you claw your own throat out.

They had all fled before Dai could begin his attack, grateful Kai's song was only a warning.
The boy destroyed his barrier and turned to leave. He didn't want to get any more involved with the humans than what he already had.

\r\n
LuckyArtist

11:46pm Aug 10 2013

Normal User

((Songs... Ooh... Amur is going to love this. YAY singing :D))

Wulfey

1:42am Aug 11 2013 (last edited on 1:42am Aug 11 2013)

Normal User

[[Guys, I am soooo unbelievably sorry for not posting. I shall promise to post in a bit after I disentangle my new kitten from my P.C]]

-
Requiem

9:44am Aug 11 2013

Normal User

Evangline Rose 

The vampiress was relieved to see Amur coax her sister back into reason, and into the carriage. Good. At least one of the humans seemed to have some sense. Eva silently chided herself for such bitter thoughts. It had been made clear that the humans were to be treated as honored guests, although at this point they weren't exactly getting the royal treatment. With the girls back in the car, Evangeline relaxed...but only a little. After all, messengers of death were snarling only feet away. 

There was a pause. The wolves only stood there, as if assessing the situation, or trying to decide which one of them would strike first. Their deep, nasty, throaty language hissed between them. It was a language Eve only knew a portion of, although generally they only talked of a few things--food, killing, mating, hunting, and the like. But she heard, or thought she heard, a murmur of surprising insight.  "Royal humans from far off. Sickness spreading! The Master will be pleased!" Eve frowned at this, and wished to confront the Dire Wolves on the matter, but that was not about to happen. A large dark brown male launched himself at the carriage, and a chorus of howls followed. Eve gripped the hilt of her weapon, twisted her body, and from beneath her cloak a very long, metal, blade-gilded whip shot out and wrapped itself around the beast's neck once and body two or three times. She faced away, tugging hard, and to the humans murmured;

"Don't look."

The Dire Wolf hadn't even time to cry out, for its body was torn apart in a gruesome display, the dark blood splattering generously. There was an immediate stench of death and decay. Evangeline wrinkled her nose with displeasure. She had hoped the slaying would deter the other wolves, but it seemed only to make them more enthused. Their grisly laughter filled the wood. 
"Dammit," she growled to herself. Liah was right, it was going to be a long night. Or...perhaps not?

Kai had emerged from the darkness. Relief swept over the vampiress, and she felt immediately more at ease, although a bit surprised. "Brother," she greeted with a nod, and stood back. 
And then the ordeal was over. The wolves knew better than to tangle with the young vampire lord, and fled back from whence they came, baying in terror once the song had ended. Of course, the male said nothing. Eve approached him as he was making his silent leave.  "Thank you," she murmured. "I'm sorry to have disturbed you. I know the distaste you have for such things." 

Still keeping her face covered, Eve looked back to the carriage of humans. 
"Is everyone all right?" 

Requiem

9:47am Aug 11 2013

Normal User

ANYONE WHO HAS NOT YET POSTED, AT LEAST IN OOC, BY TOMORROW MIDNIGHT RES TIME WILL BE BOOTED FROM THE ROLEPLAY!! I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO DIE. I WILL ALSO BE SENDING AN RMAIL, SO NO EXCUSES!

holidays321

10:37am Aug 11 2013

Normal User

( I will post soon, I have wi -fi :D)

c:
Requiem

10:39am Aug 11 2013

Normal User

{ Sounds great! And that message didn't apply to everyone, although everyone did receive it x3 }

holidays321

12:03pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

{I know, I'm at my grandma's so I'll try and post soon.}

c:
UniqueSoul

1:10pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

OoC;

Posting~
I was waiting for the other male siblings to post, but I will have a post up later today.

LuckyArtist

1:35pm Aug 11 2013 (last edited on 1:35pm Aug 11 2013)

Normal User

((I can post, I just have no idea what should happen. I can get them to the castle, if you want, but since the humans can't be the driver, that wouldn't work. So, I'll just wait and do a small post.))

Amur clutched tightly to her siblings as something large and heavy slammed against the side of the carriage. It was such a shock that she was surprised the carriage didn't topple over. Her eyes picked up the almost silent whoosh of a blade as it was taken out of it's sheath and heard the terrible sound of metal against bone. The smell was rancid and seemed to be leaking into the carriage, so much so that she was sure even her siblings could smell it. Amur pinched her nose as her eyes watered from the stench. It was so bad, her stomach flip flopped and she almost threw up, but caught herself, realising that would only add to the awful smell. She leaned back and tried only to breath through her mouth when she needed to.

Suddenly, Amur's ears picked up a voice. It wasn't loud as whoever was singing obviously didn't want everybody to hear. The voice was mesmerizing, but she was so lost in the music that she didn't hear the words, just the velvety softness of the voice. She couldn't even tell if it was man or woman. Amur was sent back to her younger days in the castle when she and her mom would put on shows for her very young siblings and the king. Her voice, she was told, was gorgeous, but since they were her siblings and parents she wasn't inclined to believe them and when she was old enough to be self-conscious, the concerts stopped and she didn't sing anymore except while bathing alone. Amur sighed heavily and placed her hands on her lap as she waited for the carriage to start moving again so they could get out of this awful place.

((The music was very quiet to Amur, so that's why the words were inaudible. She just liked the tune, so probably no one else could hear if it was that quiet to her.))

foxtail15

5:48pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

(Sorry I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to log on but I will most likely be posting later today sorry for any trouble I might have caused >.<)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mercy

7:33pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

[[I want to post again with Demetre for some reason but it would be out of character for him to leave the castle and make the effort. :I Plus, they will be leaving soon anyway.]]

Do not talk to me or my snails ever again.
UniqueSoul

9:10pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

The carriage had stopped earlier and Liah had asininely gotten out, under their brother, Vincent's, protest to inspect the abrupt halt. Penelope was genuinely shocked at her shy sister's action, though she felt a sense of pride warm her as well. The second eldest sister was reverting to her lively self as she started to take the lead on the situation at hand, presenting them with options, though, in all honesty, were a little absurd. Surely her sister had heard the dark rumors that lurked around Noir, but that didn't seem to stop her as she foolishly suggest that they walk to the castle in her reign of courage and bravery. The youngest sibling was about to protest when her sister unsheathed her sword and became engulfed in the darkness once more. Penelope wanted to get out and pull her sister back in, but the space the carriage held was limited and her puffy dress wouldn't grant her access to the darkness outside without all of her other siblings to pill out first. Frustrated with the situation she was tempted to holler, however, the eerie howls stopped her voice.

Liah had been in and out of the shadows, updating them on what she saw and felt around the carriage. Jealousy slithered into Penelope's heart; she wanted to be the one experiencing the dangers of Noir and witnessing with her own to eyes, not just through the voice of her sibling. She knotted her eye brows together, frowned and crossed her arm defiantly, looking out the window. When Liah reported the sightings of another person, the stubborn ex
pression that Penelope wore like a child turned into wonder and excitement as she started to look out the window, straining her neck in hopes of catching a glimpse of the person Liah claimed to have seen. It was no use, the illusive person must have resided on the other side of the carriage, Obviously, the pale eyed daughter thought. However, under the curtains of darkness was a faint glow of red and, what appeared to be, a silhouette of some beast that resembled a wolf. Penelope watched with wide, excited eye, though she worried for her sister.

It wasn't long before Liah returned and Amur reproached her younger sister, "What happened out there, Liah?" Penelope spoke with hushed eagerness, as if the beasts outside would take note of them. However, the young princess's attempt couldn't stop the inevitable. The carriage jolted upon impact with one of the the red-eyed wolves. Penelope jumped, not expecting the beast to attack so violently, though, there were a lot of events that had been playing out quite mysteriously. The youngest sibling decided that it was the darkness. Before the beast could strike again there was a murmur from another being warning them to look away; Penelope could divert her eyes. A rose colored the darkness and the smell of death followed it. The scent was one that had been well acquainted with Penelope and her siblings, for their kingdom was covered with it, however, it appeared that the darkness only fed a more repugnant and gruesome stench to death. 

The motions outside the carriage were barely visible, but the spine crawling mockery that laughed in the face of their savior seemed to suggest that it wasn't. Penelope felt helpless and confused not knowing exactly what those savage beasts were, who the rose-cloaked hero was and why she felt like she couldn't defend herself in the Kingdom of Noir. The questions enticed her, but her thoughts got pushed to the back of her mind when she noticed that nothing but silence filled the air. Did she miss something? Was there a struggle that she didn't hear? Penelope furrowed her eyebrows and attempted to squint out the window nearest Liah, though it wasn't necessary, for the rose-cloaked savior seemed to appear. A feminine voice filled the carriage and Penelope's face turned soft and pleasant, as she wore her small smile, just as she would in front of guests of her parents. The youngest was the first to speak up, "I believe a thanks is in order, miss. Although I am completely perplexed by the events that recently took place, as I am sure we all are," She gestured and glanced at her siblings, "I assure you that we are all still alive and well. How about yourself, miss? I truly hope that you are unscathed." Penelope kept her composure and inclined her head a bit before lifting her chin once more, "Anyways, we are trying to get to the castle. We are to be guests there. Although you have done so much already, would you kindly tell us a safe way to get there?"

Requiem

9:17pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

{ yay posts! And yeah, that's fine lake, I more just want to hear from everyone to make sure they're still part of it. Looks like we need a new human male though 8[ }

kakelover

9:18pm Aug 11 2013

Normal User

((Sorry I can't post during the day since I'm busy, but Kake-chan is writing now. :) ))

\r\n
kakelover

9:54pm Aug 11 2013 (last edited on 9:55pm Aug 11 2013)

Normal User

Kai Kimora Rose

The boy had heard his sister's words, but did not acknowledge them. He found it unnecessary to respond, and frankly, too bothersome. Kai had wasted too much time already, rescuing those helpless humans, and he didn't plan on spending any more time at the scene. He could have introduced himself and exchanged pleasantries as his sister had, but he wasn't too social and found it tiresome to keep up a fake appearance.

Kai would rather spend time alone in his room either writing or reading.  He enjoyed playing with words, although one would never know for he hardly ever spoke. He would read for hours to gather ideas and then jot down notes that popped into his head. Apart from that, everything he did was merely whimsical.  

His thoughts on the human guests reflected that. Kai didn't really have any particular interest in them, nor did he feel the need to greet them. It was just at that moment, he felt like appearing at the scene. He couldn't explain it himself if he tried, there were just times were he had sudden urges.

Maybe it was his pride. Sometimes he felt as if his actions were prideful, anything threatening him or challenging him would be destroyed. Kai might have felt like the wolves were mocking him and his family by attacking their guests, although he wasn't too sure. The boy never really cared enough to discover what it was that made him do the things he does.

He did know that he cared for his family, in his own way, and felt a duty to protect his siblings even if he was younger. Kai knew he had a strange and powerful ability that was capable of many things. He worked diligently to improve his skill in case a situation would arise that he would need it, or his family would need it. Maybe nothing else mattered. Maybe he felt satisfied living his life in such a way.

The boy slipped back into the castle, not making a sound. He and his familiar returned to his books where he buried himself in them once again. Dai laid by his feet, resting his head on his paws while Kai was completely immersed in one of his books. 

\r\n
Kitsune

10:18pm Aug 11 2013 (last edited on 10:27pm Aug 11 2013)

Normal User

Dark chocolate, to the point of being almost a strange, warm black, orbs looked on from the shadows as the sun began to set on the horizon, the eyes blank of emotion, as they almost always were. Their owner took a quick glance at a tall tower, glinting with a flash of emotion before it was gone and the man those eyes belonged to snorted derisively before entering the 
fading light. 

Slightly unusual for a vampire, his dark brown skin was just a bit exotic, though that wasn't why he was at the castle. He was a slave, servant or some would even dub him as the stable master, with animals eager to please him, it was a job that made him an asset to others, especially the royal family. Most animals, besides familiars, were terrified of vampires, since they were the top predators, but with the African vampire's ability, animals feared nothing while he was near. 

Corbin gave another dismissive look around the courtyard, his six foot five stature towering, even for a vampire before he turned away from the scene, entering the stables. 

A chattering reached his sensitive ears and he rose an eyebrow as his marten climbed up his leg, to his shoulder, rubbing against his face affectionately until it was given its customary pat on the head and an affectionate scratch behind one ear. The marten didn't mind that his master was not as loving, because his master would give his protection to the small creature, which was just what the little fur-ball needed. 

Corbin moved towards a larger stable room, the royal horses snorting and neighing in greeting but he only gave them a few pats on their noses before beginning to feel the strange energy from the unusual, immortal horse in the corner. Now that horse was something else. 

Surprisingly, even with the darkness that surrounded the immortal horse, the coloring the hoofed animal had inherited belied the energy he sent out. Gannon didn't tolerate anyone except for Corbin, and his owner, the eldest princess herself, Evangeline. To be honest, Corbin could actually see how similar he and the animal were, in terms of tolerance that is. 

Corbin was anything but explosive, in fact, he was so controlled that half the time, people even wondered if he had emotions. Of course he did, everything living did, but unlike most others, he didn't let them control him. Emotions were a weakness, emotions caused trouble and emotions would always, [i]always[/i], get you punished. 

Corbin's mind wandered to his mutilated flesh before he shoved it away with a mental wave of his hand. It was of no importance any longer and, shrugging out of his vest, he began to work on brushing the immortal animal. 

[[ Note;; Sorry for anyone reading this and is like. What the hell. I haven't been online and I never subscribed to the role-play so I'm a little behind. SORRY. ]]

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6