Nylat and Max only. D< Any lurkers will be Nylat's dinner.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Bookmark Thread
FoxCrazy

9:32am Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat shrugged, tearing off a third leg. She had already finished two and the bones lay in a pile beside her.
"I, personally, don't mind. As long as its safe near the water, we could also sleep there. It is almost night, now."
She continued on the leg until she was done, tearing off and eating the fourth before taking the neck of the deer in her jaws. Her voice was muffled, but could still be heard.
"I can always eat this when we get there."
She flicked her tail, yawning, and nearly dropping the deer. There was a bloody pool around where she'd been eating, where the sudden tearing of limbs from an unpunctured body had caused the blood to gush out at enormous rates.

((YIM.))

"You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters."

Keleesi

10:03am Jun 5 2010 (last edited on 10:03am Jun 5 2010)

Normal User

Zyano nodded, then tilted his head at Nylat before replying. "We could wait for you to finish, if you'd rather not carry that thing around..." He then glanced at Naigi, still positioned on his back, a mouthful of berries as she continued to prod some of the more unedible ones.

Ace, flicking his tail, stretched again, before padding over towards Nylat and coming to sit by her paws. The night was indeed setting in, the red sun sinking behind the treeline to Ace's right, giving his silver fur a weird, orange like glow.

Zyano flicked an ear as Naigi took to the air giggling, flying towards Nylat and Ace, leaving the unedible berries on his back. The wolf glanced at them, then shook his fur, giving him a rather ruffled and berry-free appearance once he had finished.

He shrugged mentally, then proceeded to lick his slightly bloodied paws before padding towards them, attempting and failing to locate water with his nose. The only source he could find with his senses had been the stream they had left behind. "Hey, Naigi." He said, coming to sit not far from Ace. "Think you could find us a decent body of water?"

The little black hybrid nodded. "Sure." She said, smiling. Flaring her wings, she pushed herself into the air, raising her form and circling until she spotted a small lake, somewhere off to towards the sunset.

"There's one quite a distance away" She yelled, diving and coming to almost crash land on the earth. "It shouldn't take us too long to get there though if we hurry."

FoxCrazy

10:11am Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat flipped the deer over her shoulders, shrugging it into a comfortable postition.
"I'm fine with carrying it."
When Ace sat down by her she took an almost unnoticeable step in the other direction. He was mainly cat, and due to her mainly being dog, she still expressed s slight disdain for him. It wasn't to the point of hate, just distaste. As Naigi flew off, she took a few bites of the deer, waiting until the flying hybrid returned. When she did, the fox hybrid swalled her bite before she spoke.
"Which way Naigi?"

Keleesi

10:34am Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Naigi nodded at Nylat, then took to the air again, remaining at a height that allowed the fox and the others to keep their eyes on her. Flying towards the sunset, the winged lemur swerved between the trees, ensuring she had the others in her sight constantly.

Zyano stood, shaking his pelt once more before following after Naigi, Ace standing and doing the same. As the silver ocelot broke the treeline, following the black lemur, Zyano paused; Glancing over his shoulder at Nylat as he did so.

"We might want to hurry if we're gonna get there before nightfall." He grinned slightly. "I hope you can run with that deer."

FoxCrazy

10:44am Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat rolled her eyes and started forward at an easy pace. As she trotted past Zyano, she answered.
"I'd worry about myself if I were you."
Her blue eyes flashed mischeviously, and she broke into a run, running easier with the deer on her back than she had without. She was always better when carrying something. Gave her a goal--to not drop it. She glanced at Naigi, making sure to keep her eyes on the little hybrid. She yawned a bit, but stifled it as they were running. It would do no good to yawn and run out of breath mid-run.

Jevok followed silently, watching their every move, learning their strengths, as well as their weaknesses. The fox...She seemed over proud. One good insult and she'd probably go on the defensive, a violent defensive. She'd attack without thought, and he'd have the upper hand. Or, paw, rather. The cat...he seeed to be a flirt. The black wolf had no idea how that'd help him out, but he shrugged. As for the big wolf...he didn't know what his weak point was. The flying rat...No more than a snack. She'd be the easiest. He let these plans come together in his mind, but kept a good eye on his first target. Everything would play out from there.

Keleesi

4:14pm Jun 5 2010 (last edited on 4:14pm Jun 5 2010)

Normal User

Zyano snorted as Nylat pas.sed, smiling slightly and taking off at a lope after her, following the small dark shape of Naigi flitting between the trees. He eventually broke into a run, once the fox hybrid had started pulling away, bounding over tree roots and swerving around giant tree trunks.

He took a turning onto a shorter, rougher terrain, still managing to keep Naigi in his sight as he kept his pace up, managing with the swiftness of his genes to avoid any of the obstacles. Eventually, he ran back towards the original path, clearing small bushes and landing beside Nylat, grinning.

Naigi wasn't too far in front, still swerving in order to give the others a chance to catch up. She glanced over her wings as she flew, keeping the others in sight; Ace bounding from tree to tree with little effort.

"We're almost there!" The lemur hybrid yelled over her shoulder, seeing the sparkle of clear water in the distance, and laughing as she dived, coming to fly just a few feet from the ground, ready to land.

FoxCrazy

4:36pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat glanced sideways at Zyano, and picked up her pace, now striving to beat the larger wolf hybrid, though she knew that she couldn't with the deer on her back. She saw the glint of water ahead, and grinned, making sure to keep Zyano on her tail. If he was as competitive as she was, this would work. She picked up her pace once more, and ran almost directly toward the lake. But, just as she reached the edge, she skidded to a stop, grabbing the deer's neck as it fell from her shoulders, making a single ripple as she did so. She waitied for the splash she hoped would come with Zyano's posible falling in the lake. She was nice, yes, but mischevious all the same.

Keleesi

4:54pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

As the fox picked up her pace, Zyano delibrately fell behind, keeping close the smaller hybrid, eyes focused on the terrain before him. He could tell from this one challenge that Nylat was competitive, owing to the fact she'd immediately stepped up her game at his reappearance.

Speeding up slightly, he grinned at the thought of beating her, afterall, he was currently running like the average wolf, and switching to his cheetah method, he'd pick up speed. After a moment of mulling it over, he changed his approach, allowing his body to move like that of the cheetah just as Nylat stopped suddenly; Making his current choice a bad one.

He saw the water long before it came, and stiffened his front legs, attempting to stop himself. Unfortunately, the wolf's huge weight was against him, and as such, his attempt to stop himself failed spectacularly as he flew into the water; The resulting splash being enough to just reach Nylat on the edge of the lake.

Crash landing, Naigi snorted with laughter at the large wolf, rolling around on the earth a little behind Nylat, Ace grinning as he came to a stop on a tree bough above them; Sitting in a cat like manner and allowing his tail to dangle, chuckling as he spoke.

"Looks like our beauty of a fox is smart as well as pretty, eh?"

Zyano sat in the lake, eyes on his reflection in the water. How the heck had he fallen for that?... At Ace's words, the wolf glanced up, moving his gaze to Nylat then Naigi, before standing and padding over to them both.

With a completely innocent smile, the wolf shook his pelt, the water flying over the nearby hybrids before he went and plonked himself under Ace's tree, flopping onto his side as Naigi finally stopped laughing.

FoxCrazy

6:53pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat couldn't breath, she was laughing so hard. She had hoped he'd fall for it. She shook her fur, then dragged the deer off to her own little spot, settling down to finish it. She kept a close eye on the others. Especially Zyano. She wouldn't put it past him to exact revenge on her. She flicked her tail back and forth, much in the fashion of a cat. She ate half of the reamining deer, then stood, stepping back a bit before again taking it by the neck--which she always left for last, even though she ate the chest area first--and dragged it over to the lake, slowly lowering the deer into the water before realeasing it, her muzzle not even an inch from the water's surface.

Keleesi

7:05pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Naigi lay right beside the water of the lake, still grinning at the events that had just taken place. To say they'd all met that day, it felt like they'd known eachother muhc longer... Heck, that's how they were acting.

Ace also was still grinning as he climbed down the bark of the tree, heading over to the lake and promptly jumping into it, the black lemur watching him with a curious eye. The ocelot loved swimming, not surprising really thanks to his genes, and Naigi as.sumed it probably meant as much to him to swim as it did to her to fly.

She glanced sideways at Nylat, who had strolled to the lake after finally finishing her deer, releasing the carcas.s in the water. A small flash of sand coloured fur caught her eye, and she turned to face Zyano, who had moved from his spot under the tree, and now stood shortly behind Nylat, winking one golden eye at Naigi as he crept closer.

Holding back the laughter that bubbled in her chest, the lemur hybrid contented herself by watching Ace, who was currently jumping arcs in the water.

With one quick movement, Zyano came to stand behind Nylat, her tail being level to his back leg; In one swift movemont, Zyano literally threw his weight to the side, his back leg coming into contact with Nylat as he used pretty much all his strength to throw her into the lake.

FoxCrazy

7:16pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat's only warning was the slight bit of sand-colored fur she saw at the edge of her sight, only a split second before she found herself being pushed. She fell headfirst into the water with a loud splash, coming up a few seconds later with a gasp.
"Ya now, you're lucky I'm not full cat. I'd have hated you forever."
With a swift movement, she grabbed Zyano's front leg, and using all of her strength, pulled him in. As he splashed into the water, she allowed the waves to push her away.
"I'm still on top. I think we're where it should be."
She gave another grin, then jumped up onto the bank, shaking out her fur, then sitting down to wash herself. She flicked an ear, licking one paw and swiping it over the other. She knew it looked strange, a dog-like creature acting in the fashion of a cat. But that was how she was. They were all different. She flicked her ear again, not letting the others notice when she did so. she had heard something. or thought she had. But she didn't hear anything else. So she guessed it was her imagination.

Keleesi

7:26pm Jun 5 2010 (last edited on 7:27pm Jun 5 2010)

Normal User

Zyano felt himself feel slightly proud at the fact he'd got one over on Nylat, not that it lasted long, seeing as the fox dragged him back into the lake. As his head emerged from the water, he could hear Naigi break out in another fit of laughter, this time, Ace joining in from his position in the water; Someplace behind Zyano.

The wolf's toungue lolled in a woflish grin when Nylat spoke about being full cat, then stood up and closed his mouth, tail wagging in a very dog-like fashion. "Ah... I'm not all that easy to hate."

He glanced sideways at that point, seeing as Ace had returned from the dpeths of the lake, padding out of the shallow water and shaking his silver fur, a rather large fish in his jaws. Zyano's ear flicked towards the fox as he watched Ace settle down to eat, then turned his head at her comment; Still grinning as he rolled his eyes. "Females." He mumbled, finally making his way out of the water.

Naigi was still laughing, only to stop suddenly as the wolf shook himself, drenching her in water. She flared her wings and shook herself off as Zyano chuckled under his breath, going and sitting underneath the tree where he had been earlier.

Stretching, Naigi yawned. "Well." She said, walking over to lay between Nylat and Zyano. "I'm ready to sleep~"

FoxCrazy

7:38pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat smiled at Naigi, flicking her tail over the little hybrid's head. She was about to answer when a rather menacing growl behind her caused her to turn around, and see nothing. She glanced up, only to see nothing where the moon should have been. She laid back her ears slightly as thunder rolled in the skies around them and she flicked ears in suprise. She had never seen storm clouds coming. Then again, she hadn't really paid attention to much other than the coming night. She glanced around, only to hear a growl beside her ear. She whipped around, only to be met by a cruel laugh.
"You can never see your attacker. Might be attackers. You'll never know. For now..."
Nylat suddenly found herself locked in a hard and tight grasp of jaws.
"...Is your time to DIE."

Keleesi

7:53pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Naigi stretched, more than ready to let herself unwind for the night, when she heard that telltale growl of something dangerous. Her body stiffened as she glanced around, unable to locate the sound, taking a few steps back out of fear. Unfortunately, Naigi was not the kind of animal to be able to easily fight back, and the mere thought was frightening.

At the second growl, Ace lifted his head sharply from the fish he had been eating, looking over at Nylat as a small hiss escaped his throat. Over on the other side of Nylat, Zyano had just settled himself down before he'd noticed; Standing on all fours with surprising speed, golden eyes focused on Nylat and the unseen enemy.

His eyes were dangerous, his ears alert, though there was very little he could decipher of the situation. Afterall, he couldn't see their attacker... Growling in a menacing fashion, he took a few steps towards Nylat. Without seeing what was there, there was no way he could go on the offensive. Not yet, anyway...

"Your quite the coward, hiding like you are." He growled, challenge in his voice. "And attacking the females too. My my. You certainly are low."

FoxCrazy

8:08pm Jun 5 2010

Normal User

Nylat flashed her eyes quickly at the other three, the mischief again present. Unlike them, she had an advantage. She knew this enemy. She'd fought him before. She knew how he was holding her, and where she should strike. And then there was the lightning. The storm was coming. With the lightning, he'd be visible. Even for brief flashes of a second, it'd help. And the rain. The rain would show his form. She grinned. Nature was with them.
"Oh, really now? I think it was a smart choice to try and be rid of me. Female or not, I'm strong. He's fought me before. He know's my style. And I know his. He relies on being invisible to hunt."
She glanced at the two right there.
"Hiding in the shadows, remember him? I do. Great coward, eh?"
She seemed at ease, but inside, her heart was beating rapidly and Jevak, with a tooth right by it, could both hear and feel it.
"So, why don't you tell us what your name is? Gotta have something to call our enemy?"
And he made the great mistake. He opened his mouth to answer.
"Jevak."
The rain started to fall, and Nylat landed on her front paws, aiming a hard kick with her back paws at his leg. She felt her attack connect and heard bone crack. But she knew it didn't cripple him. He was like her. Gifted. Like all of them. They probably all could survive more than anything else. As he stepped back, she regained her balance, stepping back beside Zyano.
"When lightning flashes, we can see him. And when the rain is hard enough, his form will be shown. But that's rare. We have to depend on that lightning. Tell Naigi to tell Ace, but not be spotted on the way over there. Now, up for a fight?"
For the situation, she was awfully cheerful.

Keleesi

10:12am Jun 6 2010

Normal User

Watching in Silence, Zyano kept his posture alert, ignoring the rain as it started to fall, and not flinching at the amplified sound of distant lightning. Sure... He knew Nylat had an advantage, having been there when she fought him the first time around.

He kept his eyes on the shadows as Nylat escaped the jaws of Jevak, as he had named himself, before walking slowly to her other side, nodding.

" Alright." He replied quietly, glancing sideways at Naigi. He allowed his golden gaze to wander back to the fox as he answered her question. "But of course. I'm ready for anything." He grinned slightly, his hyena side of him making him more bold than usual; That, combined with the fighting expertise of the wolf, would come in handy.

He continued to move, slowly, almost as though stalking, before coming to a stop beside Naigi and Ace, his eyes back on the shadows.

"Nylat has a plan. Rely on the rain and lightning."

Naigi nodded, realising immediately jst what the weather could do for them, thanks to Jevaks ability. Ace however, simply blinked as Zyano moved to stand somewhere between the lemur and fox.

"Who is this jevak?" He whispered to Naigi, the black lemur glancing at him.

"He attacked us on the way out of the lab... Just before you showed up. He's not to be trusted nor underestimated..."

FoxCrazy

10:24am Jun 6 2010

Normal User

Nylat growled as Jevak turned to her again, limping slightly.
"Oh, so you think you can actually fight me? That was a lucky hit."
She saw the basic outline of his form in the rain, but the rain was too light to be of much use. He swung with his good paw, but Nylat just barely jumped out of the way, grinning. She didn't love to fight, more just aggrivate people.
"You are all bark and no bite."
The lightning flashed just as Jevak snapped at her. She had just quick enough reflexes to leap up on his head, laughing.
"You're a slow one, huh? Haven't touched me yet."
He unexpectedly dumped her from his head, planting a paw firmly on Nylat before bending over, growling in her ear. His breath smelled horribly of blood and decay, and it sickened her.
"Haven't touched you, eh?"

Keleesi

10:38am Jun 6 2010

Normal User

Ace nodded once, then laid his sea green eyes on the shadows, realising that this situation was more dangeorus than he had anticipated. Taking a few steps back, his ears pricked at the first sight of the great black wolf, fear gripping his heart.

He knew by that one glance that neither he nor Naigi would be of any use... They'd stand no chance against Jevak, and clearly, the lemur felt the same; She too, had backed off a little, only moving forward slightly when Nylat seemed to be in trouble.

Not that it mattered, Zyano moved quicker than either of them could follow, charging into the side of the black wolf at full force, throwing himself off balance in the process; Managing to get back on all fours within seconds.

His eyes were fierce, and Naigi felt a slightl jolt of nervousness at the male wolf's gaze. He looked dangerous, the mix of cheetah, hyena and wolf glaring at the shadow based hybrid. He looked like a true wolf, not the same Zyano they'd run with not too long ago.

FoxCrazy

10:53am Jun 6 2010

Normal User

Nylat glanced nervously at Zyano as well as she got to her fett. She lowered her voice a bit so that Jevak wouldn't hear.
"Zyano. Remember. We aren't trying to kill him. Just survive."
She glanced at him one more time, before bounding forward, taking a leap at the blakc wolf. He sidestepped, and instead of pinning her down again, left her there as he gazed at her with contempt.
"I grow bored of this, really."
He shook his fur, his side hurting from where Zyano had rammed him, and his leg numb from Nylat.
"I will return. Someday, sometime. But you'd best heed my warning and disappear off the face of this earth. Tonight, you were lucky. Were it not for the rain, I'd have killed you all. But, I shall leave you with a parting gift...."
Whithout even glancing at his aim, he carelessly set three claws on Nylat's side, and swiftly pulled his paw to him, leaving Nylat with three bleeding claws marks in her side. Rather large claw marks too. With that, he moved into the trees, where he was harder to see, even with the rain.

Nylat stood, shakily, glaring at where the rain had stopped outlining the wolf. Her side was in immobilizing pain, but she ignored that. Why had he just attacked for so short a time? She shook off the thought, glancing at her side. it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. it was just bad. She winced thinking about it, whining a bit.

Keleesi

11:56am Jun 6 2010

Normal User

Zyano kept himself steady, eyes on the wolf as Jevak spoke to Nylat. Unfortunately, the sand coloured hybrid didn't have time to react to the shadow wolf's threat, failing to do anything about the injuries he inflicted on the fox.

As Jevak left, Zyano padded over to Nylat, followed quickly and swiftly by both Naigi and Ace.

"Oh my goodness, Nylat... Please say you'll be okay..." Naigi murmured, sitting by the fox's injured side and simply looking at the 3 gashes that now existed there. She knew by looking only that her friend was most likely going to have permenant scars from this encounter.

Ace flattened his ears and lay not far from them. He didn't understand anything here, which only made sense. He hadn't seen the shadow wolf first time round...

Zyano stood just over Naigi, glancing from Nylat's injuries to the lake.

"Think you can walk?... Your going to need to clean those cuts, we can't have them getting infected..." He shook his head at the thought. That's all they needed, more injury. He kept his body level to the smaller fox hybrids, just in case she found it difficult to move.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9