Reading Week and Retired Books Don't Break

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Icalasari

9:33pm Nov 13 2012

Normal User

A discussion in the Shoutbox lead me to think this up

What if, once a month, a quest opened for a week. Bringing in various things could net you one of five random retired books (this includes recipe cards). When the week finishes, the five books get added to a new category that prevents them from breaking when read, but also prevents creatu from gaining intelligence from them (so as to prevent abuse of these books)

So for example, Reading Week one would bring back the Red Easter Recipe Card, Kangaroo Taxi Service Phonebook, OMG! It's a Rainbow!, Dealing with Brennen, and How to Catch Devyn

Any retired books without text could have text added. It would be one recipe card per retired batch. This way, it can also promote reading books and encourage further literacy

The books no longer giving intelligence when added to the unbreakable retired group is to, once again, prevent abuse

Anybody like the idea?
Phos

9:42pm Nov 13 2012 (last edited on 9:44pm Nov 13 2012)

Normal User

Awesome. B)

I think to prevent books obtained from reading week and the 'original' copies, they could contain 'unbreakable' in their item name.

So 'Unbreakable Red Easter Recipe Card' from the reading week would have 0% breaking chance, still gives you the recipes, but not the intellect points.

The original 'Red Easter Recipe Card' would give all three aspects.

Also if needed, these reading week books would not be possible to stock in our libraries for whatever reasons. I don't know, perhaps it's too easy to obtain? Yea probably. o _ o

Ahahaha at this rate it might be easier to just open a Scrian Library or something where a creatu is allowed to read one of the 'no borrowing/reference' books once a month. So you get the contents and nothing else. Then on normal days it's a random pick of common books. eg.Book of the day. I don't know maybe you have to pay for membership. Ahaha.... //trails off a lot

Icalasari

9:46pm Nov 13 2012

Normal User

^ That's another idea. Basically, the main purpose of the suggestion is to 1) Save these dwindling books and their vanishing contents, and 2) Promote reading
Unicorn

10:15am Nov 14 2012

Normal User

I think it would be a good idea to have some event to obtain the books since very few exist and new users could never obtain them.

RAINBOWS and STUFF
Go to page: 1