Willow {I don't have a title for this T.T}

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Detneth106

11:35am Jun 2 2010

Normal User

Chapter 1

Willow walked down the street; it was a dark and gloomy night and rain was lashing down, causing anything it touched to become soaked. The clouds covering the moon cast shadows over the pavement, making strange nonsensical patterns. She hurried forwards, hunched slightly to keep herself warm as she neared the end of the street. At the end was only a brick wall, worn and crumbling after years of abuse. She paused in front of the wall and tapped it thrice; once to the north, once to the south and once to the west. The wall slid smoothly to the side, revealing a small wooden door. She placed her hand on the door and pushed, causing it to slide open. The effect was instantaneous, bright light spilling from the opening.

Willow paused at the threshold, making a strange symbol over her heart. It was comprised of taking the first two fingers and pressing it to your heart. Then the hand was pushed out, making the two fingers point over the threshold. No black magick here, she thought. Stepping forwards, Willow surveyed her surroundings; a couple of tables set to the right, a bar in front of her and a stage on the left side of the room, taken up by a pair of Tunghsen; fiddlers. They were playing furiously, the sound hectic and fast-paced. She pulled her cloak around herself as she neared the bar. “What can I do for you missy?” asked the large and boisterous barman. “I’m fine thank you,” Murmured Willow softly. “I’m just waiting for a friend to come.” The barman nodded and turned to continue cleaning his tankards. “Just let me know if you need anything.” Willow nodded and leaned back, resting her head on the back of the chair.

When will Ammorack come? She wondered in her mind. Just as she thought this, the door re-opened, revealing a tall hooded figure. The person crossed the floor in a few large strides and sat next to Willow. “So you came.”  She said contemptuously. The figure nodded slightly and pulled down its hood, showing a proud face lined age. “Yes,” He whispered in a deep voice. “I have what you asked of; the payment for your service, though it may not be to your liking.” Willow allowed herself a small smile of satisfaction. “Thank you Ammorack, may Truennuu be kind to you. I think the payment will be fine though.” Ammorack laughed mirthlessly. “It was all I could do. You earned it many times over.” He said this while pulling out a small sack, colored a deep indigo. “For you m’lady.” He said, bowing slightly before disappearing back into the raging storm.

Willow hefted the sack in her palm, wondering what he had given her. He had kept the nature of the payment secret, making her *censored*ume it was most likely that it wasn’t money. It was heavy and round; there was no sound of clinking coins to be heard. She tucked it into her belt and went up stairs to her bedroom. She placed her hand on the door and muttered an incantation.

G’tresh muy vanning

Comhora dooan muy veran

Teblea uva muy doshin

The door flashed brightly before fading and it clicked open. Better to be safe than sorry. She thought as she entered the now unlocked room. It was spacious and simple, being only few pieces of furniture; a small bed, a bed stand, a desk, a wardrobe and her most prized possession, a small inlayed casket decorated with Ungisle, a precious metal that originated from the northern mines. She sat on the bed, making sure to close the door and relock it before doing so, and pulled out the sack. Now that it was in brighter light, she could see the intricate designs covering the pouch. They look like dragons. She mused as she felt the sack. Finally, she pulled the drawstring open and turned it over.

Chapter 2

And out fell a small round stone. Willow snorted in disgust but refrained from tossing it away. Usually, Ammorack’s payments were unusual but valuable. She still wasn’t sure she could sell it for much but one she had learned was to never underestimate Ammorack. Never. She felt the small stone, slightly surprised at its smoothness. It felt satiny and soft, like silk. It was perfectly round, showing no blemishes or dimples upon its surface. Willow marveled at the feel and was even more astonished at its coloring. It was a deep indigo, like the color of a mystical sea. The stone was imprinted with small black delicate patterns depicting dragons flying and swooping on its blue surface. Willow wasn’t yet sure what it was or even what use it could have but it was certainly beautiful; something about this stone compelled her to keep it. “I might as well keep it,” she thought aloud, “It might come in handy.” She placed it on her bed stand, watching the light reflect off the surface.                              

Logo
Detneth106

10:10am Jun 3 2010

Normal User

{Eh...please read :)}

Logo
Detneth106

6:23pm Jun 7 2010

Normal User

{Bump?}

Logo
NightmareDream

2:25pm Jun 8 2010

Normal User

It's got me hooked. :D

Detneth106

3:47pm Jun 8 2010

Normal User

THanks NIght :P It was one of those stories that you just...write xD I'll try and get more up today ^^

Logo
Go to page: 1