From a Shadow {{I must come out--but I don't think I can}}

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
unspoken

5:22pm Nov 16 2009 (last edited on 5:26pm Nov 16 2009)

Normal User

Please don't say it sounds like Twilight; it doesn't. That's irriataing and I've been told. It's not like it. Here it is:

Life. What can I say? Now that I moved in with my dad, John, I don’t believe it has miracles anymore. I moved in with him because of my mom.  She had met a new guy and she completely forgot about me. I no longer was in her life. So once I got a job, I ended up raising enough money to buy myself a one-way plane ticket to live with John.     

This was only the beginning. 

Chapter 1

The 5:00 morning air was brisk; almost chilling. I pulled my jacket tighter. New Mexico’s morning’s can do that to you. I pulled the door of my mom’s, Kari, small blue car open. Crawling in, the door fell closed and I watched Pete, my mom’s new boyfriend, bring my backpack to the car. He tossed it in the trunk and climbed in the front seat.

Pete hadn’t said a thing in the drive to the airport. He dumped my out with my backpack. I huffed, picked up my backpack, walked to the counter and checked in. As I walked inside, a wave of heat hit me like a slap. The heat traveled inside my jacket, giving me the goose bumps again. I walked up to the Security Check-in. On the other side, I walked to the Star Bucks, got a cup and walked to my gate.

There was only one seat open.  And it was next to a girl with jet black hair and pale skin. She wore jeans and a light green shirt. I shuffled over to the seat and slid down. “Hi,” I hear in my ear. I glance sideways. The girl had put the book down she was reading and talked to me.

“H-hi,” I stammer.

“You’re going to Port Angeles?” she asks.

“Well, kind of. I’m actually driving down to Forks.”

“Really?! Me too!”

“Oh. Nice.”

“Why are you going there?” She’s interested in my life?

“To live with my dad, John.”“Last name Hawk?”“Yeah. How’d you know?”

Her words come out in a rush. “Because I actually live in Forks and I heard about this…this.. guy. Everyone said he wasn’t safe. And it was John Hawk. Why are you living with him? You have a brother, right?!”

Wow. “I’m living with him cause my mom is being stupid and she forgot I lived with her.”

“You have a brother, right?”

“Yeah.” The doors are open and we’re able to board. I stood up, reached into my front pocket of my backpack, pull out my ticket and get in the line to board. The girl does the same.

“Don’t you know what John did to him? Wait, his name’s…….” she trails off.

“Ryan.  And no. What did he do?” I hand the lady my ticket and she tears off a piece and hands it back. I walk into the tunnel and walk into the plane. The girl rushes after me. Soon, she’s right behind me, trying to find her seat.

I turn into the D, E, or F, row twelve. I slid into the window seat. Surprisingly the girl slides into the middle. She shoves her back under the chair in front of her, I copy her.

“He abused him.” She murmurs it in a quiet voice.

I shake my head. “Ryan would of said something. He knew I was coming to live with John.”

She slowly nods her head, accepting that. “But he could have been afraid.”

I shrug.

“By the way, what’s your name?” she asks.

“Zanna. Yours?”

“Katniss. Or just Kat.”

For the rest of the plane ride, Kat had questions. So many I lost count.  She soon fell asleep and I brought out my lap top.

NightmareDream

8:19am Nov 17 2009

Normal User

The only thing that makes it sound like Twilight is Forks. lol. I think it isn't like Twilight and it's a good idea. I want to read more~ It could use some editing here and there. I don't know about you but I like some deion between lots of dialouge. That might be just me though. Other then that I think it's good. ^^

unspoken

8:23am Nov 18 2009

Normal User

Yay! I'll post more when I get back from school. :)Sealedtle="Sealed" />
unspoken

4:46pm Nov 18 2009 (last edited on 4:49pm Nov 18 2009)

Normal User

Chapter 2

Once we landed in Port Angeles, a down pour fell from the black sky. Everyone from the plane slowly shuffled to the gate. Katniss had no more questions so we walked in silence to the gate. As soon as we entered, I spotted John. He was leaning against the wall, with a wary looking Ryan behind him. When Ryan saw me, a faint smile tugged at his lips. Katniss smiled. But when she looked at John, her smile faded and she looked down.

“You’re going to be in the high school  right?”

“Yes.”“I’ll see you tomorrow. Hopefully we have a ton of clas.ses together.” She smiled as she walked to her older brother. He hugged her and they walked away. 

I walked over to John and he gathered me into a hug. He ruffled my hair and let go. I fixed it and flung my arms around my brother. Ever since we were little, we were really close. We were only one year apart. He squeezed me and started walking to baggage claim. I followed him and John slowly started walking there too.

Ryan had gotten into the elevator, walked down and got my backpack.  “Here,” he murmured, handing it to me.

I smiled. “Thanks.” I took it and slung it over my shoulder.We walked into the parking  and climbed into the car, which wasn’t far from the doors.

Everyone kept silent on the rainy drive down to Forks. Ryan yanked a piece of paper out of his notebook that he had under the pas.senger seat. He scribbled down something and handed it to me.

Are you sure you want to live with John? You’re welcome to live with me.

I’m sure.  If anything goes wrong, I will.

I hope nothing does. Look at these. He showed me the note and shoved the sleeve of his gray long sleeve. His arm was purple.What happened?!John. He got mad at me one night. It was only a few days ago. I just moved out.

I didn’t reply; I dropped my pencil. A girl I just met knew more about my dad than I did. I looked at Ryan. But he was looking out the window.  He yanked his sleeve down as if he thought I was looking at it. I turn positions and looked out the window.

We were soon in Forks and driving to a café. John had said something about it. That it was his favorite? Once we were there, he seemed to get really excited. Ryan climbed out first, with no umbrella. He walked to the trunk and got two umbrellas. He handed me one and warily handed John the other. Ryan walked into the café. Through the window I saw him shake out his hair. I opened my door, popped the umbrella and walked inside. Closing it, I walked to the table where Ryan sat.

unspoken

8:14pm Nov 25 2009

Normal User

I changed the ti
tle. Now it's 'Awakening'!!!
Nouveau

7:08pm Nov 27 2009

Normal User

I like it, but on the ti
tle, the whole double-brackets thing looks like it's and RP. As Nightmare said, there are a few grammar and spelling mistakes.  With the note conversation, I think you should start a new paragraph when a different person is speaking.  Also, if Zanna's notes are going to have a different font, then I think it would be less confusing if Ryan did, too.  But that's just me, being my perfectionist self.  xD  but, I loved it.  I can't wait for more.

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
unspoken

9:15am Nov 28 2009

Normal User

?? Both their fonts they write with are different.. ?.?

-slaps face and hand falls- Wow. I tried to fix the conversations but I guess I didn't fix all of them. :(

Nouveau

6:41pm Nov 28 2009

Normal User

By the fonts, I mean that if you are going to use a different font for Zanna's notes, then it would be less confusing if Ryan had a different font, too.  Don't feel bad about anything, we all make mistakes, and have to learn from them.  :P

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
unspoken

7:13pm Nov 28 2009

Normal User

Ooh. I think I get it.
Go to page: 1