An Outcast For The Rest Of My Life (A Wolf's Story)

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
wolf18834

7:38pm Oct 20 2009 (last edited on 2:11pm Jan 10 2010)

Normal User

Chapter One

It was a dark night. An eclipse hung in the still air. A group of blood-spattered wolves sat in the center of a large clearing. The sound of panting tongues and wariness filled the area. A bronze wolf stood, head held high at the very center of the crowd of wolves. A great authority surrounded him, and the silver-gray wolf next to him.

With a kind voice the bronze wolf spoke. "Don't worry, Blazen Pack. We have had many fights before, and we have survived. We will live to battle against another Pack." Then he lifted his head to the sky and let loose a howl, that echoed beautiful into the air.

"How will we do this, Blazen Rune?" a voice called out from the crowd.

"We will do as we do always," Blazen Rune responded. "We will train more fighters and hunters, and thrive. Like flowers burnt in a fire, we grow back."

This calmed most of Blazen Pack's fears. The silver-gray wolf then leaned his head over and whispered into Blazen Rune's ear. A frown spread across Blazen Rune's bronze face. He faced the Pack again, feeling as if his heart had leapt into his mouth, a fear dwelling inside him, as he called out his son's name. "Nero?"

A black wolf with ice blue eyes stepped forward. Bronze markings could be seen on his pelt. Blazen Rune stared hard. "Our healer, Spinx, has told me that you have caused the trouble that has been happening in the Pack, with your shapeshifting." Nero met his father's eyes. He knew that Spinx was lying.

He had nothing to do with badgers and other creatures invading territory recently. As Nero was about to protest Blazen Rune cut him off saying,"You and your other shapeshifting friends will have to leave this territory forever and never come back." Spinx behind Blazen Rune's back smirked at Nero. Nero felt like he should leap onto Spinx and shred him to pieces. Loyalty to his leader held him back.

When Nero did not move and stayed stuck to where he was standing, a hard glint appeared in Blazen Rune's eyes. Plucking up courage to banish his one son he growled,"Leave!" Nero finally moved walking away from the clearing, the crowd of wolves parting to let him through.

He turned his head to look back and snarled,"I'll be back Father, with a large and strong Pack ready to defeat yours." With that, Nero was gone.

wolf18834

7:22pm Oct 25 2009

Normal User

Bump

NightmareDream

3:50pm Oct 26 2009

Normal User

Hmm.... I like it but it sounds a lot like warriors. Good job though :)

wolf18834

8:24pm Nov 2 2009

Normal User

((continuing...))

Ferns, thorns, and thistles scratched at Nero as he trudged farther and farther away from his father, and all the normal wolves. Fire blazed in Nero's heart and mind, the great fire of fury. How could they do this to me! Abandon me, disown me from the Pack! This can't be happening, it must be all a nightmare! Somehow Nero still knew that this was real.

He sighed, his breathing shaky, and unsteady. Then Nero remembered his promise. To make a stronger Pack than his old one. I will keep this promise, and i will come back with a vengeance! Nero halted for a moment and gazed up at the full moon above, shining down on the land, casting pale, ghostly light everywhere. 

The moon's beautiful light changed Nero's pelt to a silver-gray. That's he started to shift into his favorite bird form, a hawk. Nero's snout hardened and curved into an orange beak. His forelegs sprouted feathers along with the rest of his body and became wings, while his back legs turned into the regular legs of a bird. Soon after five minutes, in place of Nero was a dark hawk. It let loose a piercing hawk cry.

wolf18834

8:48pm Nov 12 2009

Normal User

Nero felt satisfied with his expertise in shapeshifting to this bird of prey. A breeze ruffled his feathers, and he felt the urge to lift off and glide forever into the night. Nero lifted his wings and with ease started his long journey away from this horrible place which he had no wish to be near ever again. At this moment if someone had been watching they would have seen a magnificent hawk flying away. This certain hawk, Nero, had great plans in store for his future.

wolf18834

10:43am Nov 27 2009

Normal User

((Bump))

wolf18834

1:00pm Nov 27 2009 (last edited on 4:50pm Dec 20 2009)

Normal User

Chapter Two

Next morning, Nero landed on a branch to rest for a while. His hawk wings were sore and tired from flying all night through the air. Right now, they hung limply at his sides. Nero felt like he would fall over. Not able to stand being a bird any longer, Nero started changing back to his normal, wolf self.

The branch that Nero had landed on, started to bend from the weight of Nero, now no longer a tired hawk, but a sore and exhausted wolf. Nero leaped off of the branch just in time, before it broke. He shook off the leaves and wood chips that rained down on him. Now, Nero looked at his surroundings for the first time under the hot sun. The whole area had a few trees here and there, amongst the dried gras.s, but that was all. There were barely anything here, practically almost deserted.

Nero had heard of a place like this from his parents before as a pup. It had once been home to a mighty Pack called, Golden Empire. At that time there wasn't any Packs where Nero had once lived, only Golden Empire. One day, that Pack had become too cruel and it was destroyed by some wolves in the Pack which were sick of its rule. Wolves scattered from where the great Pack had been, and Packs began forming in the North, West, and East. Only loners were told to live here now.

wolf18834

9:47pm Nov 27 2009

Normal User

Nero decided to see if any wolves hanging about would be interested in forming a new Pack with him. He started to slowly walk, his paws crunching on the gras.s. It was not long until Nero found somebody. An elk ran past him, bellowing in fear of whatever was following. The elk nearly ran over Nero. Nero backed away, startled by the elk's sudden appearance.

Then he heard some wolves howling in glee, not far behind the elk. Nero hid behind a tree. He peered out from around it, wanting to see these elk pursuers. When they appeared, Nero had to admit, they looked beautiful. The wolves were a pair of female wolves, pelts shining in the sun.

wolf18834

8:52pm Dec 9 2009

Normal User

Nero watched in silent fascination as the females brought down the elk, with swift movements, a crushing blow to the front and back legs, a beating on the elk's back. The wolf leading the attack, ran at the elk, weaving back and forth, delivering the most withering blows. The elk had no chance at all. After a fruitless struggle, it fell onto its side, breathing heavily in pain, blood spattering the ground everywhere, bursting from its many inflicted wounds. The leading wolf looked down at the elk and bent down to crunch its neck. The elk flinched at the hurt of it all and died. It was now just a limp body and the female wolves starting howling to the sky, thanking themselves for their successful hunt.

fullmoon

4:44pm Dec 10 2009

Normal User

I love it! It's great!

wolf18834

5:12pm Dec 10 2009

Normal User

Thanks, Full!

wolf18834

5:02pm Dec 20 2009

Normal User

The leading wolf stopped in mid-howl when out of the corner of her eye she saw Nero. She nudged the other wolf in the shoulder and swung her head in Nero's direction. Nero sighed. He'd been caught, so it was no use to hide any more or run away.

Both wolves approached Nero, eyes gleaming. The leading wolf motioned for her she-wolf companion to stay back and proceeded to Nero alone. She stopped inches away from Nero's own face. Her eyes Nero noticed were green. "Who are you," the green-eyed female spat at Nero.

wolf18834

5:15pm Dec 20 2009 (last edited on 5:15pm Dec 20 2009)

Normal User

"I-I," Nero stammered, suprised by the ferociousness of the wolf's voice, so startling. His eyes were wide. "Well?" the she-wolf snarled, mood clearly not changing. Then Nero heard a voice behind her. He caught a glimpse of the other she-wolf behind the green-eyed she-wolf's left shoulder.

"Sister," came the voice of the other wolf. "Let him go. You're just scaring him out of his wits." Nero wanted to reply indignantly that he could save himself from getting clawed, but all he could do was be grateful when the green-eyed one stepped back, to give him space. Nero straightened up. "Thank you," he said. "No prob'," was the reply.

Go to page: 1