I'm scared

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Jenny

10:47pm Feb 10 2011

Normal User

I'm scared of people here. Always have. Everyone is intimidating and I feel like I'm going to get trolled at any second. I hate pointless confrontations with no depth. And whenever I get into a fight with anyone, I seem to never succeed at making them stop.

(Note: This is an online issue, not real life) 

i’m such a gamer uwu
CakeBake

10:55pm Feb 10 2011

Normal User

That happens with me alot :I

Kir quest is Ginger Vaspi. Selling? rmail me. (17/120)
Jenny

10:57pm Feb 10 2011 (last edited on 11:22pm Feb 10 2011)

Normal User

It really messes with my mind. Sort of shuts me up whenever I want to voice an opinion, or anything for that matter unless I know I'm safe.

Also, I know of several people I should avoid, even though I don't know them. They seem to have their own little group, which is typical on every type of social site. 

i’m such a gamer uwu
Jylaz366

11:48pm Feb 10 2011

Normal User

Same here. I have felt like I wasn't wanted anywhere and even considered leaving Res. >.<

If you can't smile, nod AND smile. ^^
Jemi

11:58pm Feb 10 2011

Normal User

The users here are nice once you  get to know them

99.99% of the Girls in America would pass out if Edward Cullen disappeared. Post this to your siggy if you were the .01% Happily locking him in Sheldon Cooper's Apartment
CakeBake

1:05am Feb 11 2011 (last edited on 1:05am Feb 11 2011)

Normal User

I know tons of people here. Ones to avoid, and ones which are fine to talk to. <3

But that just still happens. :I

Jylaz366

1:36am Feb 11 2011

Normal User

I still hold grudges.

Astronaut

7:47am Feb 11 2011

Normal User

it always is frustrating to try to talk to people only for them to ignore you cos you're not part of their LOVLIES BFFS WIFIEYS HUSBANDS E-LOVERS social circle. i too get ignored a lot oftimes for not being as outgoing as them. if you really want to be friends with them, try to chat about stuff they're talking about at that time. find people who share the same interests as you. if you get ignored, you can try another time.

that's just how i try to 'fit in' these social groups. i still get ignored from time to time but i know it usually is accidental. i've accidentally ignored people cos i'm too focused in my own group talk sometimes. nowadays i just go surf sites alone cos i find that some people are too clingy & eventually get annoying. please take note i'm not necessarily talking about people here. dont take it personally.(:
Yoshi

7:39pm Feb 11 2011

Normal User

I've.. never really noticed these kinds of things. xD Yah, a few members may intimidate me a little by seniority (and the fact that I've acted like a complete idiot to some of them in the past), but I really can't think of anyone I'd specifically try to avoid.

I guess I just try to be friends with everyone, hah. Being positive about things really helps. Answering questions, being funny, ignoring whatever bad may come along.. and whatnot. :U

GoatNinja99

7:08am Feb 14 2011

Normal User

Well i'm new, I feel the same thing as you but I don't get in fight's or any of that stuff I dont even have a friend yet.

wut
Funlover6

3:36pm Feb 14 2011

Normal User

I recall this issue when I first joined rescreatu; and it continues even now when I am entering my second year.  There are always these issues; and the 'cliques' between members seem to form between those who are practically on 24/7...or between those who chat in real life.  But mostly between users who have been a member on rescreatu for several years.

I will admit, I try my best to chat and be social with all users, but sometimes I can seem 'aggressive' and 'snippy' sometimes even accidently ignore someone trying to chat with me; therefore I already believe that I am on the 'hate list' of several users.  However, it may seem cocky, but I don't see how users could dislike another for simply trying to correct them or remind them of the rules.

A way to avoid this has already been mentioned; just talk with other users and talk of what they are speaking of, try to find your own group to talk to and make new friends.  Many users decide their friends by determining how friendly the person is.  But many older users decide to be friends with newcomers determining if they follow the rules. 
Something that angers most users is when newcomers try to make friends by making it seem like they are superior to older users.  I myself, personally, have encountered 'newbies' who try to push me down or trash talk to make them seem cool...hoping other users would be impressed. Truth is...it just pushes them away.

Think of it this way:

Rescreatu is like a high school.
We have our cliques, we have our clubs, our new kids, our drama.  Our social clas.ses.  And so much more.

Is Funneh online?:

why NO

be back tonight

Cherry

8:05pm Feb 14 2011

Normal User

What? I think every one is cool on this site ^^ but there are some REALLY odd balls out there...

photo ._zpshjgx8mo4.gif
Aragarthiel

8:08pm Feb 14 2011

Normal User

When I was new, I got on people's good sides by giving them stuff.  I still do it...like today I gave away two Vaspi eggs and a You Are Cute card.  I did it for Christmas and New Year's as well.  As for the Shoutbox...all you have to do is ask everyone what their favorite Pokemon is and you'll be friends with practically everyone.  Or, at least you'll be welcome there.

Adopt one today!
Jylaz366

8:11pm Feb 14 2011

Normal User

Funlover: Totally agree. But I am not in high School yet. This make this site more complicated for me to get along with. T.T

fullmoon

11:10pm Feb 14 2011

Normal User

Hmm, I got in instantly. I started roleplaying, and now I have lots of friends. I've had only one fight with another user.

saryapink

7:21pm Feb 15 2011

Normal User

I have a feeling that I'm on some people's hate lists. ^.^;  I don't have a bad temper or anything, but I tend to get mean when people just jump into my rps and post their bios without asking, and then I start to get a little angry when it turns out they aren't even literate and chatspeak. D;  I'm going to try to be nicer now, though. c:

Theres really no one I try to avoid on this site, but sometimes I hesitate before posting a reply because I'm worried that I'm saying something stupid that might get the person to hate me.  I always am cautious about posting, but I'm trying not to be like that.  I should just relax. xD

Don't read my sig. I said, don't read my sig. You're still reading it, aren't you? .......... STOP READING IT. D:<
Funlover6

9:49pm Feb 15 2011

Normal User

Thats the problem with res... just typing responces can't determin if the person means any harm and such...

example:

"You're so weird, fun" 

I could take that as a joke, or seriously ((Lol, It would be a joke to me)).  But if it was a user I have never spoken to before...I could see how some users may be offended when the speaker was just trying to be funny.

Is Funneh online?:

why NO

be back tonight

BeckyL97

2:50pm Feb 16 2011

Normal User

When I joined, it seemed that nobody wanted to be my friend. But then someone who's very kind and helpful became my respal.

Thankyou so much, Taiko, for being my first respal! :-)

My other great and kind respals at the moment are zozane008, Tryst, jenny429, vickyb, Trefoilfairy, ponycrazy3, lyidi1001, LittleKitten9459, LittleKitty9459 and Meelanya! ;-D

Adopt one today!
Shadly

6:13pm Feb 16 2011

Normal User

I'm one of the invisible people everyone ignores and nobody talks to. Everytime I even try to go onto the shoutbox im instantly ignored, and even on forums...

CakeBake

9:30pm Feb 16 2011

Normal User

I've never had a fight with another user. Yeah, I may have been insulted a few times but it doesen't really bother me much. :v

Go to page: 1, 2