A Dragon's Tail ( See What I Did There?)

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Trancegirl

2:13pm Dec 28 2011 (last edited on 7:05am Jan 4 2012)

Normal User

(( I had this thread up a while ago and it died. So, I thought I'd edit it and bring it back. ))

NO,this can't be happening, this isn't real... I glared at the mirror once more. I could still see them. They were still there. White scaled wings, glistening in the sunlight streaming in through the window. I turned my head to feel them, convince myself that this was all a dream, And some something else sparkled. On my face. I had scales on my face, too!? What was going on!? How was I going to keep these scaly things from Mom and Dad?

Plot:
So, a bunch of dragons are living in the human world. Dragons look pretty human at first glance. Two-legged, living amongst humans, etc. But they have scales. Scales along their sinuses. Scales from their wrists to their elbows. Same thing with their ankles & knees. The one thing that really makes them stand out are their dazzling scaly wings. Whether dragons are a completely separate "race" or whether it is some sort of a birth defect is unknown.

Rules:
1. All Res rules apply.
2.Gender ratios are not needed- this is not based on romance.
3. Please keep cussing to a minimum.
4. Same with violence.. for right now.
5. My charrie is going to be albino. No bino charries except for mine!
6. Age limit is 10 - 19.
7. No god-modding/power-playing, etc.
8. You must be literate to semi-literate.
9. Please ask to join.
10. To prove you have read the rules, answer this question: Do you think they should have tails?
11. I am the owner. Listen to me.
12. I am allowed to add rules if I see the need to.

The story will start when the characters first discover they are dragons. This is found out when they accidentally control their element/specialty. They DO NOT tell ANYONE for fear of terrible things happening. They will only tell the other dragon characters when they find out that there are more of them. Here are some brief deions of the types of dragons.

Types of dragons:
Water- Blue dragons who can control/summon water. Most's attitudes are very cooled, relaxed. They don't angered easily. They can change its form.

Fire-Red/orangish dragons who can control/summon fire. They have brilliant red hair  and usually have short tempers.

Electric- Yellow/Golden dragons who can control/summon lightning. They mostly have flashy blond hair.

Plant- Scales are green. They control vegetation. Plant dragons normally have green eyes.

Earth-Brown dragons who can control soil/rocks. A normal Earth dragon has brown hair and eyes.

Fashion- Pink scales. As the name states, they naturally have a perfect fashion sense.

Technology- Violet/indigo colored dragons. These dragons are great at making & working machinery and... well... techy objects.Their eyes almost always have at least a few traces of violet/indigo in them.

There will be one spot for a melanin. This dragon will be black, and able to control shadows. Then there's my charrie who is albino. Her power will be revealed later.

Other Important Info:
1. Dragons' scales have to be the colors above. But they can be any shade or tint of that color. ( Example: Water dragons can be navy blue, turquoise, baby blue, etc.)
2. Elemental dragons can control their element using either their hands or eyes. However, they can summon their elements only with their hands. ( I wanted to make it interesting.) They don't have to do anything dramatic, but they do have to use their hands.

Bio Skelly:
Name:
Dragon type:
Personality:
Appearance:
History(Optional):
Other:

If you want your character to have some sort of a disability, please ask me first.I think that's everything for right now. POST!!!!

Current Kir Quest: Silver Valabex.\r\nPlease R-mail if you can help.
Flygon

2:37pm Dec 28 2011

Normal User

(( Lightning 0.0... Joining...
Oh, by the way, do you think the dragons should have tails?))

Name: Vynessa Hark-land
Dragon type: Lightning.
Personality:

Partially insane, due to the loss of a friend. Vyn is rebellious, cocky, head on tom-boy who is incredibly persistent. She tends to smile even in times of distemper, a sign of her insanity. She jokes about her misfortune and wont comfort others as she doesn't know how to compensate. She feels that those who cant hold their own should get stronger (primarily through her own insecurities), this can cause arguments as she will stand by her opinion.

Vyn Tends to form friendship bonds that she will hold dear even if the other person cannot see it, leaning towards the more mysterious, she claims. "They are more fun." A lover of action, she craves for adventure and states that nothing will change that opinion.

Appearance: 
(outfit)
A crescent moon shape of scales curls around the lower of her navel. The backs of her hands and up the top of her fore-arms have also got scales. Also, below her eyes underneath where the goggles would sit are more scales.
Large leathery wings protrude through the back of her jacket.
History(Optional):
Moved to live in the forest at the edge of town. Her father was always away, so when she started to 'change' it wasn't hard to hide it. He moved away when she hit 16, however they still keep in contact.
Other: N/A (at the moment)

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Trancegirl

2:46pm Dec 28 2011

Normal User

((* Giggles* Tosh, you were supposed to answer the question!))
(( And yes, you may join.))

Flygon

3:14pm Dec 28 2011

Normal User

((Oh yea ^^' 
Hmm, no, i don't think so. a human with a thick lizardy tail is a bit over me thinks. the body covered in scales is a good addition on it's own.))

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Dragonstar

3:39pm Dec 28 2011 (last edited on 6:44pm Dec 28 2011)

Normal User

OoC://

Join as the Melanin dragon?

A dragon without a tail is like humans without thumbs.

Nothing can stop the US Air Force except lightning within five nautical miles.

Graveyardfox

6:42pm Dec 28 2011

Normal User

((My answer is maybe! :U *shot*
Join as the Technology dragon?
Also, maybe I'm a bit confused, but I kinda found a plot error, maybe? o.o How would the dragons NOT know they're dragons from day one? I mean, they have scales and bloody wings. Ignoring the scales that yeah, could be passed off as a weird birth skin defect, how does one get around the prescience of wings? Can they like "fold" their wings into their body or such and only by chance haven't unfolded them over a decade?))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Rika

6:49pm Dec 28 2011

Normal User

((My answer is yes.

Fashion dragon plz? ;D

Suddenly I want to watch Dragon Tales. >.>))

Trancegirl

7:30pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

Yes to all of you. And, Graveyardfox, I see your point. But, in some books,creatures start of looking like normal humans and then, around a certain age, their special features come in. That was what I was thinking. (Like in the book Wings by Aprilynne Pike). 83. But good eye, there.

So, for the tails, I've got a no, a definite yes, a maybe * glares at Graveyardfox*, and a yes. Maybe I should wait to see if more people join...

Dragonstar

8:08pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

-grins-

I'll get a sheet up soon. Need to check my other alerts. ^^;

Trancegirl

8:15pm Dec 30 2011

Normal User

Alright then.

Dragonstar

10:12pm Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 10:16pm Dec 30 2011)

Normal User

Name: Ariskye Siome
Dragon type: Melanin
Personality:
Ariskye is very mysterious in her own, unique ways. It is because of that, that some people are drawn to her; thinking they can unravel the mystery behind her. Because she comes off as cold and distant the first time somebody meets her, she is rather hard to befriend and/or “tame.” She has very few people she can actually call her friends because of it. To those select few, she is loyal and protective. Not to mention, if anything were to attack them, she would give all of herself to save them from impending doom. When caught in a corner, she will fight to escape it. When she fights, she can receive a viscous blood-lust that will take a while before it is sated.
Appearance:
Ariskye still has her crimson eyes, but this time, they are confined into two small circles surrounded by white. The crimson irises are hazy and clouded, but the pupils seem to be non-existent. But when she gets angry, her pupils fade into being in the form of narrow slit-like pupils. Her hair is still hip-length with its blue-black strands that seem to reflect crimson in certain light. When she has her hair up in a ponytail, part of her bangs covers the left side of her face and a jagged, white scar that runs from her hairline to her lower jaw. Ariskye is dressed in all black which blends in with her dark olive-like skin tone, and the white scar stands out brightly against the dark colouration of her skin. Her shirt ends at her waist whilernit curves around her neck, it is skin-tight, and the shirt is sleeveless. Her pants start at her hips and does down long, muscular legs until it reaches her ankles. The pants are also skin-tight. Her shoes are black boots with silver skull fastenings. The boots also have two-inch heels. Ariskye also wears and ankle-length, sleeveless black coat. The coat is split in the back and the split starts just above her tail bone and it has two pockets on each side. Black scales start at her shoulder blades and curl down her arms until it ends around her wrists, looking like a long tattoo. Her fingernails resemble claws and they are tapered to a pretty sharp point. Her canines are slightly longer and she looks animalistic when she smiles. Sprouting from her shoulders is a set of dark crimson -- almost black -- feathered wings that have the five fingers of a dragon. The wingspan is twenty feet. Sprouting just above the small of her back is another set of wings that are only ten feet long. Her hair covers the tips of her pointed ears; the right is pierce three times with small gold hoops on the fleshy part and the left is pierced with three silver studs on the cartilage. Ariskye stands at six one.
History(Optional): It says optional.
Other: Nope.

[[ Wait... So do they have tails or no? And do they have a draconic form since they are technically dragons in human form? ]]

LanyaKnoll

10:34pm Dec 30 2011 (last edited on 10:36pm Dec 30 2011)

Normal User

((May I join as fire dragon? And yes I think the people dragons should have tails, but not huge ones. Skinny ones that they could hide. :) ))

The only reason people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.
Rika

12:55am Dec 31 2011 (last edited on 12:56am Dec 31 2011)

Normal User

Name: Abdiel Malin
Dragon type: Fashion~! ;o
Personality: Abdiel is a very open kind of guy who likes to get to know just about everyone around him. He's a very outgoing little social butterfly and tries his best to stay on everyone's good side. This doesn't always work, however, because sometimes his happy-go-lucky nature ticks people off and sends him running. He absolutely loves the outdoors and often wears things that portray his love of nature, which of course always look flawless on him. His second love is design and fashion, both of which he excel at.  He is also quite partial to the color pink, and even dyed his hair hot pink to prove this. Oh, and he's also quite openly homosexual, often flirting when he feels the need to. He tries not to, though, knowing that it'd make a lot of people uncomfortable swith him randomly flirting with guys all over the place.
Appearance: 

Also he has big pink wings. :U
History(Optional): Bluh.
Other: He's very openly gay. XD And I edited most of this, and Loki fixed what I screwed up and added the scales on his arm. Original picture from Photobucket. o3o
If he can't be gay though I can change it... o3o;

Graveyardfox

8:43pm Dec 31 2011

Normal User

((Ah, I see. x3 I've never read any books like that, but that explains things a lot better.))

Bio Skelly:

Name: Theodore Whyte
Dragon type: Technology
Personality:
Theodore is a very stereotypical genius. He's pretty introverted and doesn't really do well with social interactions. He prefers to just keep to himself, although he doesn't particularly mind being around people as long as they don't become too bothersome. If he has something to say, he'll say it, but small-talk isn't his thing.
He's a very quick learner and thinker, capable of observing his surroundings and keeping a level head as he thinks things through. Even the most complex of problems can often be solved by him in a matter of moments, provided the problem doesn't involve human nature in any way.
At times, he can get frustrated or annoyed. When people bother him, he can get moody and even a bit threatening. People of normal intelligence used to exasperate him. To him they often seemed so slow he just gave up and now ignores them, whether it just be ignoring a few dumb comments or ignoring a particularly idiotic person in general.
Despite the simplicity, he loves Transformers and other Sci-Fi toys, and a lot of his projects are inspired by the things he sees on TV or movies or reads in books.
Appearance:

(Edited specifically by me. Original art isn't mine.)
Theodore is of average height - about 5'6" - and isn't exactly scrawny, but he's not bulky from muscle or fat either. He is rather pale, but not ghostlike or unhealthily so. While his body type is average, he has several outstanding features. His hair is naturally grey with purple streaks, and he is heterochromatic, with his left being violet and his right being teal.
His purple scales are located going up his nose and hooking under his eyes, going down the side of his neck then dipping down to follow his collarbone and down his shoulders. The scales go down to his elbows then down to his wrists. Scales also start at his knees and go to the top of his foot. With his shirt off, it's possible to see scales starting at the front of his hips/edges of his lower stomach then dipping down below his belt line.
The wings that extend from his shoulder blades resemble his hair, the main part being silverish-grey while the membrane that stretches between the claws is purple. His wingspan is about eleven feet, plenty capable of flight.
((If using tails.))
Theodore's tail is long, thin, and like his wings, reflect his hair. It's silvery-grey with a purple stripe going down the top of it. The purple scales actually start at the middle of his back at a single point then triangulate down slightly to reflect the width of the stripe on his tail.
History:
Theodore wasn't always considered a genius. In fact, for the first few years of his life, his parents were worried he might have some sort of mental disorder or even be mentally retarded. He never spoke, never tried to walk or crawl, never even cried, never showed any sort of interest in toys, he would just sit around with a blank look. His first reaction to everything was usually to just curl up into a ball. Even when his parents picked him up, it'd take several minutes of holding him completely still to get him to uncurl.
His parents quickly became overprotective of him. His doctor was baffled by his odd hair colour, but his parents refused to let him look more into it, as they thought it would upset Theodore.
His first real sign of development came on his fourth Christmas. His cousins never really liked him because he was weird, but they ended up leaving the room with one of the kids' Transformers toys. Theodore had seen the kids making them change shape, and he tried it himself, easily accomplishing it.
One of the girls came into the room and became worried about her brother's toy, but she ended up watching as he turned several more. As it turned out, no puzzle was too difficult for him. They gave him basic child tasks up to advanced adult ones and he solved them all easily, never seeming stumped for more than a minute.
After that, Theodore seemed to excel mentally. He still never talked, which was worrying to his parents, but they got him to walk and move around simply by moving his toys (the new ones they got him that let him build things or fix things) away from him.
They home-schooled him because he continued to show no sign of talking, however he excelled greatly in his studies, and further examination determined he did in fact have an extremely high IQ, but lacked motivation to speak despite a large vocabulary due to his parents always taking such close care of him.
By the age of nine, he was taking online college classes and gradually beginning to speak. As he matured more, he realized he wouldn't get too far without speech.
He had a natural talent for Technology, and he was hired for jobs big and small and used the money to create his own projects.
At the age of fourteen, he turned his phone into a watch like he saw on a TV show, and added quiet a few improvements.
His current project is trying to make Transformer-like AI creatures.
Other:
Despite the advanced technology he can create, he still prefers to use an old-style set of headphones and an old MP3 player. Although he modified it to have much better battery life and more music storage space.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
LanyaKnoll

9:37pm Dec 31 2011

Normal User

Bio Skelly:rnName: Aria ZaylekrnAge: 16rnGender: FemalernDragon type: FirernPersonality: She is very secretive. When you first get to know her she seems really aggressive, but is nicer later.rnAppearance: She has long dark brown hair with a silver streak. She also has dark red eyes.rnHistory(Optional): She doesn't like to talk about it unless she knows someone really well.rnOther: She has a scar on her right cheekbone.rnrn

The only reason people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.
Rika

3:03pm Jan 1 2012

Normal User

((When can we start? C:))

Trancegirl

7:00pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

(( Alright. Since I got more yeses than nos, I'm going to go with what Lanya said and give them skinny, easy-to-hide-tails.))

Name: Heather

Dragon type: Albino
Personality: Heather is always quiet, preferring to keep to herself. Even when she is angry, She will keep her voice at just above a whisper. She is not very good at starting conversations, so she always finds some way to entertain herself, usually by writing stories. A lifetime of abuse has lead to a very distant feel. SHe's preety smart for her age, especially with music, but she has never been complimented, mainly because everyone is staring at her white hair.

Appearance: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/albinol.jpg/
(Not mine)

Except her hair is wavy and her eyes are a deep mauve, leaning more towards the blue side of the spectrum. Her scales are white, and while they are not completely opaque, they don't seem that translucent. The scales spiraled around and in places where they from a complete spiral, they look like thick vines with blossoms. The colors of the rainbow glint of them like they would in a crystal.

History(Optional): Due to her albinism, Heather has been teased a lot at school and doesn't have many friends. Even her parents think of her as a freak and verbally abuse her. Most of her family members avoid talking with her, only because they don't know what to say. Many people have given her nicknames such as "Ghost", "Ivory", or "Chalk".
Other: I'm going to describe her power in the RP.

((  Graveyardfox,Toshiro, and Dragonstar: their scales only go from their wrists to elbows, ankles to knees, and along their sinuses. Which is pretty much along the the side of your nose to your cheekbone, and then in the space between your eyebrows and a little bit above your eyebrows. That's why I put where the scales are in the deion. So people didn't have to describe where the scales were. 83))
sinus(( I don't really mind so much with the scales related to Theodore's tail, Ariskye's back around the wings and Vyn's hands, though.))
(( Dragonstar, Ariskye is going to have to be 19. *Pokes rule #6*))

Graveyardfox

7:07pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

((I think we all just wanted to put a little more originality into the scale patterns. xD; Just like prints on animals are usually different from each other, Dragon's scale patterns could be similar, but also vary.
Can't we have a little creative freedom with the patterns?))

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Dragonstar

8:41pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

Ariskye is going to kill me though. She hates it when I mess with her age.

Rika

8:53pm Jan 2 2012

Normal User

((o:

I'll add a better deion for my dude later. :U

And if they find out what they are by manipulating their element...what do Fashion and Technology dragons do? XDDDD;))

Go to page: 1, 2