{Post ::In No Man's Land:: Apocalypse}

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Ambrus

1:37am Feb 25 2012 (last edited on 1:40pm Mar 3 2012)

Normal User

" Going through this life looking for angels
People passing by looking for
angels

Walk this world alone try to stay on my feet

Sometimes crawl, fall, but I
stand up cause I'm afraid to sleep
And open my eyes to a new day, with all
new problems and all new pain
All the faces are filled with so much
anger
Losing our dignity and hope from fear of danger
After all the wars,
after settling the scores, at the break of dawn we will be deaf to the answers
"

**2012 HAS ARRIVED**

The sirens blared through city streets packed with riots and traffic jams. The world took no prisoners and neither did foreign military, 
As nuclear weaponry was set to detonate and rid the world of the disease that has waged for so many centuries. Few people hid underground, to evade or prolong their demise, as they knew what their future's held. They all had the same fear, the same thought, the same sadness.

"You're going to die at the hands of the enemy. Ourselves."

" There's so much bigotry, misunderstanding and fear
With eyes squinted and
fists clinched we reach out for what is dear
We want it we want
We want a
reason to live
We're on a pilgrimage
A crusade for hope
Cause in our
hearts and minds and souls we know
We need it we need
We need more than
this
Going through this life looking for angels
angels

Walking down the streets looking for angels
Everyone I meet
looking for angels"

Time couldn't take any longer. As minutes felt like decades, a roar of screams came from above ground. As two, foreign missiles targeted the planet.

Then came the time.

"So many nations with so many hungry people
So many
homeless scrounging around for dirty needles
On the rise, teen suicide, when
we will realize
we've been desensitized by the lies of the world
We're
oppressed and impressed by the greedy
Whose hands squeeze the life out of the
needy
When will we learn that wars, threats, and regrets are the cause and
effect of living in fear

Who can help protect the innocence of our
children
Stolen on the internet with images they can't forget
We want it
we want
We want a reason to live
We represent a generation that wants to
turn back a nation
To let love be our light and salvation
We need it we
need
We need more than this
angels

Everyone I meet
looking for angels"

The earth quaked, torn open; as if to cry in agony as the missiles detonated, Mushroom clouds of cancerous radiation drifted over the sun and cloaked the world, wringing every drop of life from it.
Everyone went silent as they fell like flies. Billions dead. And all because of ourselves. We destroyed our home. And our lives.
Why? How? Nobody knew. And nobody will ever. Years ticked under the earth; where you, and a select few other humans fight for your own survival, in an underground civilization you built yourselves. You all being Adam and Eve to your new beginnings, or perhaps the stairway to your demise. Nobody knew what to expect now. But one thing is for certain.

Time to breach the surface wasteland to find some clarification.

"We need more than this
I became a savior to some kids I'll never meet
Sent
a check in the mail to buy them something to eat
What will you do to make a
difference, to make a change?

What will you do to help someone along the
way?
Just a touch, a smile as you turn the other cheek
Pray for your
enemies, humble yourself, love's staring back at me
In the midst of the most
painful faces
Angels show up in the strangest of places
angels

Everyone I meet
looking for angels"
(Skillet-Looking For Angels)
(Roleplay theme song)
Bio:

Name:
Nickname(optional):
Looks:
Nuclear Mutations?: (Deformations, Adaptations and such)
Personality:
Crush:
Speciality: (Guns, Melee, Cooking, Scavenging ect)
Companion/Partner:
Nuclear Survivors:
  1. 1.) Ryker
  2. 2.) Vynessa Clair Lucretia Everton (Vyn, Suicide, Crazy Lady)
  3. 3.) Shane Wilson
  4. 4.) Kara Jensen
  5. 5.) Ellowyn Jackson (Elle, Win[nie])
  6. 6.) Jethro Reagan (Jeth, JR)
  7. 7.) Kitten
  8. 8.) Lillian (Lilith)
  9. 9.) Aaron Smith
  10. 10.) Nix Williams

Rules of the Waste:

1.) Violence is permitted, as well as romance, keep it at a PG-13 rating please.
2.) Killing someone else's character without permission is not allowed. Keep the friendly fire to a minimum(:
3.) Basically follow the rules of the site
4.) Maximum of 2 characters per person. Meaning if 1 character isn't enough, you may only make one other

My Bio:

Name: Ryker
Nickname: Wolf
Nuclear Mutations?: None
Personality: He's rough n' tough, fear is something out of the ordinary for him; but it definitely doesn't mean he isn't scared. Despite his tough shell, you get through to his better, softer side. He's a bitter-sweet romantic. He's not the keenest on how relationships work, but he knows how to treat a lady. He has a high sense of adventure, and exploration is his middle name. But boy, can he get lazy right quick. His companion Kye, is a dog he rescued from the world as a puppy, risking his own death to save him. But unluckily for the canine, he caught some disease from the radiation and it caused a few... 'minor' mutations. This dog only obeys Ryker's orders. And if intentions are bad. Kye will and won't stop until his victim has been thoroughly.... dispatched.
Crush: None Yet
Speciality: Guns; Scavenging
Companion/Partner: Kye 

Adopt one today! Click Me!
Flygon

5:10am Feb 25 2012 (last edited on 5:13am Feb 25 2012)

Normal User

Name: Vynessa Clair Lucretia Everton
Nickname(optional): Vyn, Suicide, crazy lady.
Looks: 5'07"
Nuclear Mutations?: Something she likes to call conditioned immortality. Her body can withstand much more than the average human and can regenerate. (*cough* wolverine) If she is blown up or decapitated, it means death. She obtained her nickname by having witnesses and shooting herself in the head. 
Personality: Partially insane through the loss of her brother, Vynessa Clair has tendencies to do outlandish things. She is persistent in what she does, however if she feels another, more strategical way is possible, 9/10 she will opt for that.
Her tactics are harsh, ans she doesn't sympathize well and watching a friend die is something she would never be able to handle.  She adores adventure and has considered becoming an archaeologist on several occasions. She dislikes Lions, and is partial to gin.
Crush: n/A
Speciality: She is quite a mechanic and electrical engineer. Her preferred weapon is a 44-magnum revolver, and a bush knife.
Companion/Partner: 
(The crocainine. All art is mine)

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Ambrus

9:47am Feb 25 2012

Normal User

Alright; added you to the survivor toll :)

Ambrus

5:42pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

@...Still searching for survivors...@

Ambrus

10:42pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

^^

SerenitySorrow

11:17pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

((May I join? I'll most likely post a bio tomorrow XP))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
Ambrus

11:19pm Feb 25 2012

Normal User

of course c:

BB8

1:22am Feb 26 2012

Normal User

Name: Shane Wilson
Nickname(optional): He's called 'Willis' by Kara, but otherwise known as Shane.
Looks: (And yes, he does have that scar on his chest, though it stops at the middle of his neck.) Art is not mine.
tle="Not my art." target="_blank">ja
va:nicTemp();

Nuclear Mutations?: None.
Personality: Shane is the no-nonsense, 'shoot first' type of guy. He doesn't stop to think about consequences or the outcomes of his actions, no matter how disastrous they may turn out to be. Shane doesn't trust a soul, other than his buddy Kara. He finds it hard to trust anyone, no matter what gender, and tends to go into withdrawal when others are around. Once you get past his 'bad-boy' do-what-I-want attitude, Shane is actually quite caring. Though, fat chance of getting him to get past his exterior. (He's also a bit of a pyromaniac.)
Crush: None... Yet.
Specialty: Shane is excellent when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, and knife throwing.
Companion/Partner: Shane travels with Kara. (Below.)

~

Name: Kara Jensen
Nickname(optional): None.
Looks: (Her hair is not green... It is in fact red.) Art is not mine.
tle="Not mine either." target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; ">ja

Nuclear Mutations?: Kara can tell what kind of people they are. She get's a different taste in her mouth from each person. People who are constantly angry give her the sharp, metallic taste in her mouth. People who are genuinely good and don't want to harm anyone give her an almost sickeningly sweet taste, etc. 
Personality: Kara is a very gentle soul. She is the type who trusts everyone until they have broken her trust. She believes everyone deserves a second chance, and in the world that they live in, seconds chances are rare. Kara is very, very curious, and tends to get lost and in a lot of trouble from it. Her and Shane are pretty much opposites: He's bulk and strength, and she's trust and caring. I'll RP the rest out? 
Crush: None currently.
Specialty: Other than her weird personality power, Kara is good at scavenging up an edible meal when there's not much to work with. She's also very good with animals.
Companion/Partner: Besides travelling with Shane, Kara also has a pet cat named Eli. 
tle="Eli" target="_blank">ja

[[ No art is mine, nor do I claim it as mine. All credit goes to original artist.

On another note, are these bios fine? c: ]]

Ambrus

2:52am Feb 26 2012

Normal User

yes they are c:

Flygon

5:06am Feb 26 2012

Normal User

((woo, more RP buddies.
In all honesty there was no need for this post, other than to see what time it says i am at.))

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
SerenitySorrow

2:39pm Feb 26 2012

Normal User

((Sorry for taking so long. Also don't know if this is relevent but I can't open any of your pictures Vinnii XP))

Name: Ellowyn Jackson
Nickname: Elle, Win(nie),
Looks: Ellowyn is relatively attractive, in a california beach girl way, though she is far from it. She stands at an impressive height of 5'9'' and gets her tanned/fair, complection from being half black and half white. Her shiny, light brown curls fall just bellow her shoulders, though she just tends to keep it up in a high pony. She also has side bangs which come just above her grey-ish blue eyes that hides a scar under her hairline. She also has a small scar slpitting her left eyebrow. Considering Elle's crazy antics, she has quite a few scars. She has a few scars on her legs, a large one the back of her calf thats the size of her hand. She also has a faded scar on the side of her left forearm. She has a rather slim body, which is considerably feminin, so she is a pretty curvacious girl. Although, she lacks in both the upper and lower departments, probably being only a B in cup size. She has a rather pretty face. A small nose that fits her face that have a light spray of freckles across it, and when she smiles her pink lips show off her straight white teeth. Most of her height is made by her long legs which are covered by skinny jeans, which allow her legs to move freely helping her with speed and parkour and on her feet simple black combat boots. Elle's ears are peirced in multiple places. She has double peircings on both ears, a cartalige peircing on her right ear, and on her left she has an industrial piercing. She also has four lines from one of her favourite song tattooed on the inside of her forearm, though she now hides it under long sleeves. She has a tattoo across her upper back which says "The sky's the limit' It matches her brothers. She also always wears her father's dogtags around her neck, she never takes them off.
Nuclear Mutations?: None
Personality: Ellowyn is what you might consider a tomboy. Shes an outgoin kid, unafraid to take risks and stnad her ground. She has also got quite the mouth on her, being able to cuss it out with the big boys. She omay seem bipolar to most, seeing how she acts differently around different people. She's normally a chill person, though she has a tendancy to blurt out things, that may come across as rude. She takes delight in simple things like being outdoors, and being around friends. Shes normally trys to think things through before rushing in, though in the heat of the moment, anything can happen with her. She has a great distaste in girly things such as shopping (unless its video games, or something she could kill someone with), she also couldn't care less about whether her clothes were in style or not, though she doesn't want to stand out so she dresses modestly. She is also rather dense when it comes to the opposite gender, she was always just 'one of the guys', if i guy were to show any intrest in her she would probably shoot him done unintentionally. Though with that surprisingly she actually likes pretty things, though she'd never bring that up. Girl also likes to eat, if not working out in someway, she'd be eating about anything. She has a good sense of humor, and could possibly be comic relief in some situations, tending to say the stupid guy response. Though, Ellowyn is a loyal friend to her core and would do anything for a friend, as long as it wasn't illegal, or couldn't possibly get caught. Girl is also a bit of an alcoholic, priding herself in the fact that she can out drink most guys. (Also her brother kinda disapeared, presumed dead but she talks about him like he's still there)
Crush: None at the moment
Speciality: When not fighting with Jethro, Ellowyn is quite good a finding food. Due to her knowledge and skill in parkour she can also get herself in and out of tight places.
Companion/Partner: Jethro (Bellow) They also have a german shepard which they found appropriately named Beast. He is slightly mutated and his canines are elongated and come out of his mouth like a sabre toothed tiger, he is also larger than a german shepard should be.

Name: Jethro Reagan
Nickname: Jeth, JR
Looks: Standing at an above average height of 6'3'', Jethro is a surprising good looking guy, in the bad boy sense(Although, once he opens his mouth, all thought of attractiveness disapear). He has black hair, which really has nothing special about it. Its short and just sits on his head, a typical hair cut, nothing special. Now Jethro is pretty in shape, considering the boy works out alot. Unlikesome other guys, he doesn't work out to get girls, mostly because he likes being fit. Also, he doesn't work out enough for any bulk, but he clearly has a six pack. His eyes are a clear cornflower blue which tend to stand out against his dark hair and pale skin. His mouth is always in a grin, (although some might call it a sneer) which show off his white teeth and his deep dimples. The shirts he wears are normally long sleeves which shows his broad shoulders and how built he is, also he is normally always wearing a leather jackets. On his legs are dark blue jeans, simple as that. The boy also has quite a collection of tattoo's. Nothing stupid or ridiculous, like some of the biker gangs. He's more classy than that. Across his upper back, he has a tattoo that says Affliction and his chest two inches bellow his right collar bone in smaller letters says Evil is just a point of view. The inside of his left forearm he has another tattoo that says Carpe Diem.While on his right, along the side of his forearm it says We are our own devils; we make this world our hell.
Nuclear Mutations?: None
Personality: Now Jethro isn't what most would call nice. Sure he has his moments, but that will be quickly followed by something mean. He is the type of boy who will refuse to call a girl by her name, most likely giving her an annoying nick name or calling her a different name that starts with the same letter. He is a rather easily irritated, violent guy, not to mention head-strong. He will never back down from a fight and will most likely fight to the death, unless someone interveens. He tells thing exactly like it is, and when its rude or mean, he says 'I'm simply stating the truth, if you don't want to hear it, don't ask.' He's a hard nosed cop, not one to do things by the book, which often gets him in trouble. There of course is also a playful side to him. He can be rather coy at times, not to mention he makes inuendos and is the first the drop sexual jokes or pick up on them. Sure he may come across as a jerk but those who decide to stick around tend to see hs true colours. He really is a loyal friend, helping you when you fall, or kicking the guys ass who pushed you down. And although most may never see it, seeing as it is a rare thing indeed, Jethro has a soft side to him. He will do anything for a friend, even if it ment killing someone. Although he hates tears, he will be the first to ask the ever so annoying question 'Are you alright?' even though you clearly are not. And he will be your shoulder to cry on. And although its unbelievable, the boy loves kids, even though he calls them little brats and will swear that he hates them till he's blue in the face, he does. He likes small animals and children, he has some sort of maternal instinct (if that what you could call it) to protect. Oh yes, there are many layers to Jethro, do you think you can unwrap the all?
Crush: That's funny.
Speciality: Jethro was in the military so he's great when it comes to guns and hand to hand combat. Also has some knowledge in mechanics.
Companion/Partner: Ellowyn (above) Beast

((Are these alright?))

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
Ambrus

4:32pm Feb 26 2012

Normal User

i'm making another c:
Bio:
Name: Nobody knows her actual name
Nickname: Kitten
She's also short for her age, 5'4 to be exact.
Nuclear Mutations?: She developed cat like teeth, but nothing extreme
Personality: She's a playful girl, thin and agile like a feline. Nobody knows her actual name, just Kitten. She can come off as a flirt, but she is just naturally sickly sweet. Especially in times like this. She is bi, but tries not to show it much. She loves shooting, nothing can pry her from her gun. She loves exploring, and shes a problem solver. She was in military boot camp when this world was ruined. she was at the end of her training. Almost a soldier. But she defied laws and ran once she heard the news. She left when everyone was eating at night and went into shelter. She still regrets leaving all her friends behind to die. She hates when people call her a soldier, because real soldiers didn't leave their commrads behind, especially in time of crisis.
Crush: None yet
Speciality: Guns, Melee, Hand on hand combat
Companion/Partner: None

Ambrus

12:36pm Feb 27 2012

Normal User

@...Still searching for survivors...@

Flygon

12:47pm Feb 27 2012

Normal User

(( Question:
It is a post apocalyptic world. I am assuming the apocalypse was in 2012. What year is it now?))

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Ambrus

5:33pm Feb 27 2012

Normal User

Good question, slipped my mind

its 2020.

o3o

Flygon

6:28pm Feb 27 2012

Normal User

Name: Lillian
Nickname(optional): Lilith
Looks:
http://tinyurl.com/7x9a3u7
Nuclear Mutations?: Lillian assumed her mutation was something to do with electronics. She woke (wakes) up in a lab facility. Her memories where minimal, however one she remembers clearly was being caught in a blast. Her body has fused with electronic components, however some resembled molded and crafter parts. A plasmatic canon is in her left arm and wires have been fused to her, giving her speed. A bracelet is almost welded to her right arm. 
Personality: Lillian is a somewhat shy girl. She fears hurting others and finds many things intimidating. Despite being frightened, whenever someone is in need she has an instinct to protect until the threat is dealt with. It is as if it is a different personality controlling her. She finds it too, frightening, and dislikes how she loses control. 
Crush: N/A
Speciality: Human weapon.
Companion/Partner: N/A

((If she is a bit too sci-fi i will get rid of her.))

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Ambrus

6:41pm Feb 28 2012

Normal User

^^

Ambrus

10:22pm Feb 29 2012

Normal User

(Btw Anyone can start it, We have enough people to begin, people can join in as time comes, and more slots will be added as the story progresses)

Ambrus

5:18am Mar 2 2012

Normal User

^^

I'll start later today If nobody starts by the time I log back on

Flygon

12:50pm Mar 2 2012 (last edited on 12:51pm Mar 2 2012)

Normal User

Darkness blanketed the tunnel. Mutated rodents scampered about her feet as she sat in the squaller that their race had been reduced to. "God i need a shower, I'm already smelling like death." She muttered, her eyes dreary. Picking up her satchel, the young woman whistled for her canine companion. The black hound ran to her side, his elongated snout holding a rat and dropping it at her feet. "Nah Cub, you have it." She smirked, denying the gift. Wolfing down the rat, Cub ran through the tunnel, barking back at his master. "Yea yea, I'm a coming." She replied, lazily dragging her feet. She was dying. She had been poisoned. Getting to a safe enough place where she could pass away was her best bet of survival. Rather contradicting, letting oneself die in order to survive, however it had happened in the past; that was when she first discovered her mutation.

Sight fading, the woman came to a bared door. Pulling a ring of keys off her belt she looked at them and then looked back at the lock. Deciding that it was too much hassle to go through all the keys she had made and found over the years, shooting it was her best bet. About to draw her revolver she decided against it pushed it open with her foot. The door had never been locked to begin with, hence the hound on the other side. She hated her mind being so slow.
Eventually, The woman made it to her destination. One of the old military hives the government had prepared encase of such an "attack". It was practically empty... well of the living anyway. there were hundred of carcases scattered about. "Not very lively are they?" She snickered, managing to make a joke.

Spinning the latch on one of many officer dorms she dropped her satchel and coat onto the dust covered desk, falling onto the crib. "Cub, don't let anything eat me." She instructed, smiling. The hound whimpered and lay down outside the open door.
Removing her revolver from its harness, the woman checked the barrel and lay it beside her. 
Taking her knife she carved #147 onto the wall. 

Sitting against the wall and holding the pistol to her head she exhaled. A gun shot echoed through the facility.

~~~~

We found a subject. She is compatible.
Cold.
Are you sure it will work doctor?
Why am I so cold?
Most definitely Sargent.
Where... where am I?
She is loosing blood fast.
Am I sleeping?
Project Succubus is successful. Code name: Lilith. 
My head. 
Doctor what is happening? 
Project Lilith power down! I repeat. Power down!

"it hurts." Muttered the girl with pink hair. her eyes opened and peered through smashed glass. She was in a containment tank, wires attached to her legs. Her head twitched and lens focused providing her with an on screen monitor. Life: 1 active, 4 dormant. 10 terminated. The words disappeared. 
Looking around the girl noted down the wires coming from her legs, her breathing increased as she pulled the wires off her knees. Lifting her left arm she saw metal where flesh should have been. Inspecting it she tilted her head away from it. "What... what happened to me?" She whimpered, looking at her palm. a series of rotatory panels opened to reveal a barrel. clenching her fist she pushed the door open and screamed when dead bodies littered the floor. "Oh god." she groaned, grasping her head as it pulsed with intense pain. She screamed in agony again and writhed, crashing into a table. Looking up she saw for other containers, each holding a girl with "modifications". All different. Three of them had organic looking alterations, and one other had mechanical. Each had a plaque with the letters "P.S", a number, and then a name. 

05 Medusa. 04 Jezebeth. 03 Xiamara. 02 Eve. 01 Lilith. 01. That was where she came from.

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
Go to page: 1, 2