~*'Winter Walk'*~ (Anime/Manga)

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Scissorhands

12:34pm Dec 21 2009 (last edited on 1:03pm Dec 21 2009)

Normal User

Welcome.

Plot: It is the season of winter, and snow blankets the land. Lakes and ponds are frozen over, the forests are silent and still, and the restless spirits of the land are awakened by the festivities of the towns and villages. You are in England, trying hard to survive the cold and make merry, as it is Christmastime! But there are spirits, demons, and humans that are out to ruin your holiday. What can you do but fight them?

There will be love, pain, fear, joy, and battle. As you battle your way through this cold few months, you meet a pair of exorcists (my characters) and are pulled into their adventures, using your powers (if you have any) to *censored*ist them as they fight to protect England and the world. Can you handle this winter walk with me?

**Please note that 'anime/manga' does not refer to the drawing style alone. This roleplay will also include Canon characters, characters from pre-existing anime/manga. OCs are expected, but I would like to balance this with Canons as best as I can. Some example anime/manga to choose Canons from would be...D.Gray-Man (which my characters are from), Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Naruto, and so on.

Rules:
  1. No PPing/Gming. Duh.
  2. BE SEMI-LITERATE OR LITERATE. I hate one-liners and bad grammar. It is also nice if you post as frequently as you can. Only join if you know you can post semi-frequently.
  3. You may be as many characters as you can handle and roleplay well.
  4. You may have up to 3 special abilities. No, your OC cannot have an ability that 'copies' others special abilities...but if you have a Canon that can do that, go on ahead.
  5. BOOKMARK this page. That way you can always post...and there will not be the "I lost the thread" excuse when this board is deleted. 
  6. Post “I shall walk with thee” so I know you read these rules.
Characters: Be anyone/anything that you want. Canons are much loved. Please post this info for your character(s):

[Picture-if you do not have one, describe your character in the 'OTHER' category]
NAME:
PERSONALITY (try not to put one-word answers here):
JOB/ROLE (in essence, what are they?):
3 SPECIAL ABILITIES:
PAST (if you want to type it out, but it is loved):
OTHER (If you are RPing a Canon, include what anime/manga they are from here. If you are RPing an OC, put 'OC' here):

You may add new categories as you see fit. I will start after I get some interest. :) Bio(s) coming in second post~

"Nothing worth doing is ever simple."
KatnissEverdeen

12:36pm Dec 21 2009

Normal User

"I shall walk with thee” ((Um....what's an OC? Your own character, like one that's not made up?))

Who needs movies, when we can just go out and live life?
Scissorhands

12:42pm Dec 21 2009 (last edited on 8:13am Dec 30 2009)

Normal User

((I'm only going to be two characters for now: Allen Walker and Lavi. I'll also have England/Arthur Kirkland as comic relief, just because. c:

Allen

Better pictures tle="Allen">here, tle="Allen">here, and tle="Allen">here~

NAME: Allen Walker
PERSONALITY: Allen is kindhearted and true.  He is a friendly and kindhearted soul, and is fiercely loyal to his friends. He is very well-mannered and has a habit of speaking formally, a trait he took to from his adoptive father, Mana Walker.
DISLIKES: Alcoholic drinks.
JOB/ROLE: Exorcist
SPECIAL ABILITIES: The black cross embedded in his left hand is an Innocence, to whom he is the Accommodator. He is a Parasite-Type exorcist, and his weapon lives inside of him. It has recently been named--they call it the Crowned Clown. When his Innocence is invoked, it takes the form of a white cloak which he uses to restrain his opponents (the Crowned Clown's Clown Belt) and defend himself, and his left arm becomes a dark claw which he can use to attack (the Crowned Clown's Edge End). His cursed left eye can see the human soul bound within an akuma, allowing him to decipher between akuma and human.
PAST: Allen Walker was born with a deformed arm and was abandoned by his parents at the age of seven. Mana Walker, an entertainer, found and adopted him, raising him until he died. Overwhelmed with despair, Allen used the power of the Millennium Earl to bring his stepfather back as an akuma, who proceeded to slash his left eye and put a curse on him. Allen’s left arm was invoked as an anti-akuma weapon, and it destroyed Mana. Allen was then found by General Cross, who took him as an understudy and trained him to be an exorcist, one who sends the bound souls of akuma to their rightful place in heaven. Cross eventually deemed him fit to join the Black Order, and forced Allen to travel to their headquarters in England.
OTHER: Is called 'Destroyer of Time,' and it has been prophesied that he will destroy the Millennium Earl, the enemy of the Black Order. From the anime/manga 'D.Gray-Man'. Research it for more information.

Lavi

Better pictures tle="Lavi">here and tle="Lavi">here~

NAME: Lavi (his 49th alias, his real name is unknown)
PERSONALITY: Lavi is cheerful and intelligent. A real flirt, he is a carefree guy with a great sense of humor. He doesn't easily get close to the people that he works with, but he is starting to warm up to them...whether he likes it or not. As a Bookman, a recorder of history, he cannot afford to bond with anyone, and is very highly educated.
LIKES: Reading, sleeping, and Yakiniku (meat on a skewer).
DISLIKES: Wasabi.
JOB/ROLE: Exorcist
SPECIAL ABILITIES: His Innocence comes in the form of a hammer, which is called Tettsui or Tessei, but he affectionately calls it Ōzuchi Kozuchi (Big Hammer, Little Hammer). It can grow or shrink to any size he wants. This does affect its weight, but that has no effect on Lavi. The weapon allows him to use "seals" that control several elements in nature, including (but not limited to) fire, wood, and thunder.
PAST: Not much is known about Lavi's past. His 48th alias was Deak, which Bookman still calls him when Lavi isn't paying attention to him. He became the Bookman's successor and renounce his true name at age 6, and learned the martial arts and medication skills needed by a Bookman. He was shot by a stray bullet and was on the brink of death at age seven. At age 16, he joined the Black Order as "Lavi". At age 18, he met Allen Walker and began keeping records about him.
OTHER: From the anime/manga 'D.Gray-Man'. Research it for more information.

Better pictures here and here~

NAME: Arthur Kirkland//England//UK
AGE: Erm, I think it’s 23...if I am recalling correctly.
PERSONALITY: England is a sharp-tongued, cynical, foul-mouthed gentleman. He has a strong believer of spirits/ghosts, fairies, magic, and other fantasy related things, and has a list of spiritual residents and ghost tours. Note that this does not mean that he believes in aliens; he scoffs at the idea. Behind his cynical realistic view on the world, he is deep down a romanticist. England is also terrible with expressing himself, and is aware of how others often misunderstand him, so he can also be rather self-deprecating. When drunk, his personality will change from that of a gentlemen to a wild and violent punk. He often yearns for the golden years that are now far behind him. 
LIKES: Embroidery, craftsmanship, reading literature, rock music and giving scathing criticisms to America's movies.
DISLIKES: France, America (kinda...)
JOB/ROLE: Nation
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Aside from his frighteningly foul mouth, England can do some black magic, including summoning demons and cursing people. He is also semi-skilled with a sword and a gun, but has few other talents.
PAST: England was a delinquent as a child. He was constantly picked on by his brothers (one representing Scotland, the others presumably Wales and Northern Ireland), who used to drive him away with stones and arrows and go as far as to deliver curses to him through the mail. France picked on him, too. He eventually became a pirate and terrorized Spain, stripping him of his status as a powerful nation. At the mention of new land, he renounced his pirate ways and followed France to the new nation. There he discovered America, a small child living alone in the wilderness. England adopted him and raised him as his younger brother. He cooked (to the best of his ability), gave him toys and clothes, and they also slept together whenever America couldn't sleep due to reading or watching something related to ghosts. Then the Revolutionary War came. Near the end of the war, England gave up, not being able to shoot America when he had the opportunity. America declared his independence and split from England, and that event left England permanently heartbroken, explaining some of his rough behavior.
OTHER:
He can see and interact with beings of supernatural origin. It is said that those who visit England will be able to see the fantastical creatures that he believes in, however, America is still immune from seeing them in this case. From the anime/online comic 'Hetalia-Axis Powers'. Research it for more information.))

Scissorhands

12:43pm Dec 21 2009

Normal User

((Please read my first post, KatnissEverdeen. It explains an OC versus a Canon.))

Scissorhands

7:28am Dec 22 2009

Normal User

((Intro, just so you who will join can see how I roleplay.))

BIC|| The moon always had a way of putting him in a daze. He brushed a strand of his white hair behind his ear, leaning his face into the early evening wind, blinking his silvery eyes shut as he reveled in it.

Why did his father's curse have to make him match the moon so much?

Allen Walker, teenage exorcist of the Black Order, gave a small sigh as the wind whipped his heavy black coat around him. Couldn't he have been a little more...alive-looking? Why did he have to match the pale moon so well? It did not give off its own light, just reflected the light of another, bigger ob
ject in the galaxy. Why then was it more beautiful that the sun whose light it casts upon the Earth at night?

He cast his gaze to the sky, watching the deep black void for any stars that would appear. It was rare to see England's sky so open; after all, it was usually covered in clouds or fog. "I match those too..." he mused, a small smile playing across his pale lips.

Snow on the breeze whipped around him, the flakes dancing around him like little puppets on strings of winter's chill. He gave a small giggle and turned his gaze to the town below him, watching the people doing their various tasks needed to make their Christmas more merry. Another smile came to his lips as he leaned forward on the cathedral's porch; he couldn't help but feel joy touching the uneasiness and regret filling his soul. Christmas...was his birthday. This Christmas specifically would mark his sixteenth, and his ninth month with the Black Order.

What was there now for him to do? His life revolved around stopping the Millennium Earl and his akuma, though they had not given him any trouble recently. He sighed again and ran a hand through his wind-tossed hair, pushing it back away from his forehead and revealing the scar and pentacle over his left eye.

"I fear I am getting lazy..." he chuckled softly. "Is there nothing to do but wait...?"

Scissorhands

6:27am Dec 23 2009

Normal User

((Bump.))

SweeneyKun

2:26pm Dec 24 2009 (last edited on 10:19am Dec 30 2009)

Normal User

((Aw, common Neji is so cute when he's angry. >3

Battle pose?
NAME: Neji Hyuuga
AGE: 15 years (Upped it a bit; I don't want 13-year-olds fighting)
PERSONALITY:
Cold, cruel Neji has a scarred past and a vicious lust for battle. His gentle side is almost always overridden by the desire to fight and win, and to kill. A very capable ninja, Neji is admired by all the village of Konoha, and the envy of Shinobi there. He's a genius by birthright and by intellect; the Hyuuga blood contains some of the most powerful Kekkei Genkai (bloodline traits/skills) known in Konoha. A child of destiny, this Hyuuga believes that fate dictates everything he does in life, and he cannot stray from the path that has already been laid at his feet. This caged bird cannot fly, and is forced to sit behind his bars and sing - sing for freedom.
JOB/ROLE: Shinobi (a ninja; he protects others, as this is his mission)

3 SPECIAL ABILITIES: I can't list them all, but here's some of them (since they're all under the same bloodline/talent, each move isn't a talent in its own): Byakugan; this allows him to see through anything except Lead, in a thousand mile radius around him, and 359 degrees around him (there's a blind spot behind his neck). Juuken is the second; this "gentle fist" art allows Neji to target the life force of another creature and disable it with his own. The juuken has many derivatives that you will learn as he fights...

PAST: The strongest Shinobi in his cla.ss, but he wasn't born that way. Born into the illustrious Hyuuga clan, Neji was delegated to the Branch House, a lesser house of the Clan. The curse seal was put upon his forehead at age four, as.suring that Neji would serve the Main House with his life, and face excruciating punishment should he disobey this vow. When the traumatic death of his father to protect the Main House pushed Neji to the breaking point, he became a child of destiny, believing that fate was out to get him and there was no dodging it. He trained in silence, using his gifted Hyuuga blood to push him beyond the skills that anyone in the village had ever seen come from the Hyuuga Clan's Branch House.
OTHER: Canon from the series of Naruto.

Adding Potter-breath (because this is England).

Photobucket
NAME: James Potter
PERSONALITY: James is an overconfident, conceited wizard with a knack for flying. He enjoys making mischief, but is a born Gryffindor - he will protect his friends bravely, even to the loss of his own life. At first glance, he appears to be nothing more than a jerk with a bad attitude, a disrespect for his elders, and a love for causing chaos. But inside, James is very gentle, comp*censored*ionate, and full of kindness that he never gets to show.

JOB/ROLE: Wizard (a protector of sorts, capable of accessing strong white and black magic) and Secret-keeper (another form of protector, one who keeps the secrets of those he is sent to protect. He will endure blackmail and torture to get him to spill the secrets of his friends, but will never do so until death.)

3 SPECIAL ABILITIES: Because he is a wizard, he has the ability to cast spells with his trusty wand, which never leaves his side. Also, he is a phenomenal Quidditch player, and can ride a broom better than anyone else at Hogwarts.

PAST: Very little is known about James's past. He was a pureblood wizard who went to Hogwarts; during his second year, he began practicing the art of the Animagus. It took him three years to master his illegal transformation into a stag, and in his fifth year (with the help of his best friends Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew), he began his famous "marauding" alongside Remus Lupin, the werewolf James had become an Animagus to release. The Marauders unveiled the secrets of Hogwarts in their long-lasting and well-used map, and though Mr. Prongs has since married, he continues his midnight plots with his fellow Marauders to this day.
OTHER: Canon from the series of Harry Potter.))

Scissorhands

2:55pm Dec 24 2009

Normal User

((Hai~ feel free to message folk who you know will join. I may ask my friends from my D.Gray-man roleplay.))

Scissorhands

8:24am Dec 26 2009

Normal User

((Bump. D:))

SweeneyKun

1:17pm Dec 26 2009

Normal User

((Eek, I'm debating between Common Neji or Shippuden Neji...I want someone brutal. Hrmn. :/

I'll update my first post as soon as I conclude~))

Scissorhands

8:38am Dec 29 2009

Normal User

((Hai, hai. I'm trying to round up more people, but so far...no one. :c I'll ask Skai to join, I guess.))

Keleesi

9:18am Dec 29 2009 (last edited on 8:03am Jan 29 2010)

Normal User

NAME: Chrome Dokuro/Rokudo Mukuro
AGE:  15/25 (im gonna use Mukuro's future self as seen in the future Arc of the manga/anime. I've also upped Chromes age by 2 years.
PERSONALITY: Chrome is a quiet and timid girl. She doesn't enjoy conflict and prefers to keep to herself. Once people get to know her however she can be a loyal friend and comrade. Mukuro on the other hand prefers to be alone however, he is quite often seen with a playful smile on his face. He is not indimated easily and is straightforward and arrogant. He is also not put off by the idea of killing anyone he considers to be in his way, and although he shows very little feeling for anyone, its clear he cares quite a bit about Chrome, and vice versa. Mukuro WILL protect anyone he cares about, although he tries not to do so in front of them.
Likes: Chrome enjoys being alone, as does Mukuro, and neither seem to enjoy the company of others more than eachother.

Dislikes: Chrome is not a big fan of crowds, although she'll put up with them if she must, the same goes for Mukuro. Although, Mukuro doesnt mind them quite as much as the timid Chrome.

ROLE: Vongola family guardians (Mist guardian)

SPECIAL ABILITIES:  Chromes abilities are the same as Mukuro, seeing as Mukuro uses Chrome as a vessel. His and her abilities lie in illusions. the 6 illusions also known as his "six paths of rebirth". Depending on which ability Mukuro invokes, the symbol of a japanese numeral, corresponding to one of the six realms he has entered appears in his right eye. Also, Mukuro, as an illusionist, is capable of seeing through many illusions not created by himself.
1: "Realm of Hell" - the ability to create real illusions and use them.
2: "Realm of hungry ghosts" - Power grants him to use the ability of his opponents.
3:"Realm of animals" - Allows him to summon and control dangerous animals.
4: "Realm of Asura" - increases his battle skills, a flame appears around his right eye when this ability is invoked.
5: "Realm of humans" - the most dangerous Realm, this realm allows him to increase his strength.
6: "Realm of heaven" - grants him power to control others
Possesion shot: This ability alongside his realm abilities allows him to possess anyone who has been cut by his trident as long as he shoots himself with the "possession bullet" beforehand.
(Chrome has been seen using 2 of the 6 abilities. "Realm of hell and Realm of animals, she also uses a trident for combat purposes) On top of this, Mukuro is capable of controlling several bodies simultainiously, and can hereby activate a seperate realm in each, granting him the ability to use a different skill for each body. ~(wont do this, is a bit TOO much XD)~

PAST: Mukuro is implied to have a strong dislike for the entire Mafia underground, due in part to the experimentations he suffered as a child at the hands of the Estraneo Mafia family. When Mukuro killed his captors, he offered Chikusa and Ken, who were also victims of experimentation, a chance to join him in his quest to destroy the world. However, not only does he want to take revenge on the Mafia by destroying it, he also wants to cleanse the world of its filth by invoking universal suffering through a tle="World war">world war. Even after becoming the Vongola's Mist Guardian, Mukuro still claims to no longer be part of the Mafia, having been exiled from it, and continues to view the organization with great contempt.

Chrome was involved in an accident that caused the loss of her right eye and many of her organs, she only lives today thanks to Mukuro's possession in using her as a vessel and illusionary organs that he created in order to help save her.

OTHER:  Mukuro wont make often appearances, seeing as he lives within Chrome and will only emerge when Chromes life is in danger. (From the manga/anime Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Scissorhands

7:34am Dec 30 2009

Normal User

((Oh, I don't mind~ I'll be adding an old friend from another anime altogether. UK-sama~ Someone has to use a bit of Black Magic here, eh? *grins*))

SweeneyKun

9:47am Dec 30 2009

Normal User

((I want to add Jamie! 8D *goes to get picture*))

Scissorhands

9:58am Dec 30 2009

Normal User

((Hai~ Go on ahead. Someone should totally intro. I already did. ^^))

Tyki

8:58pm Dec 30 2009 (last edited on 10:32pm Jan 18 2010)

Normal User

(( ne do you want me to add anyone else?...“I shall walk with thee”

NAME: Yuu Kanda
PERSONALITY: He is very cold hearted, rude, murderous intent,and solitary. Though he doesn't speak much, he has a rough tongue and a foul mouth.Kanda seems to be much kinder to Lenalee as well, though he often doesn't act as such unless Lenalee forces him through either yelling or hitting. However, it is clear that Kanda does care for his fellow Exorcists and even the Finders. He masks his emotions and often claims, "It's none of my business."
Dislikes: ...basically everything, but he hates people with naive personalities (Allen), people who can't keep their mouths shut (General Tiedoll), people calling him by his given name (Lavi), and "sweet things".

ROLE: Exorcist
SPECIAL ABILITIES:  Anti-akuma weapon; Mugen that is takes form as a katana. It is capable of unleashing several techniques (dubbed illusions).Kaichū: Ichigen (First Illusion: Hell's Insects): which releases a small swarm of supernatural creatures to devour his opponents.
Nigentou (Two Illusion Blades): covers his sword and scabbard in a coat of energy while creating an energy blade, making two impossibly sharp weapons.
Hakka Tourou  Eight Flowers Praying Mantis): Using the Ningentou, Kanda makes a movement that quickly slash the enemy eight times. The slashes, together, resemble a flower;
Shouka (Sublimate): Activating the power of his tattoo, his pupil changes into three dots. After this, he can activate the Kinki Sangenshiki. Veins also rise around his eyes.
Kinki Sangenshiki ( Taboo Three Illusions): drastically increases his speed and strength at the cost of some of his life.
PAST: He was born/ created in the Asian branch, as a second generation exorcist. Becoming this, means he can recover much faster than ordinary humans, due to a tattoo above his heart. He and another boy were put through painful sychnorization test in order to be one with the innocence. When Kanda was nine he was ordered to kill that boy who he had grown up with.
OTHER:  From the anime/manga D.Gray-man

~~~~~~

(<-noah) (<-human)

NAME: Tyki Mikk
PERSONALITY:
He has a split personality. He's “human” side is friendly and caring. As a human he works as a miner and on his free time he likes to play poker with his friends. His “noah” side though is exact opposite from the human side making him, cruel and deceiving. Tyki is very formal like in his Noah form, while in his human form he's more laid back and outgoing.
Being able to suppress his Noah subconsciously, he is able to live both these life styles. 
living both the life of a Noah and a Human....
Dislikes:
Exorcists.....
ROLE:
Noah
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
  He has the ability to “choose” what he wants to touch, giving him the ability to walk on water, on air, or pas.s through walls, with the exception of Innocence. Also he can “reject” the atmosphere by creating a vaccum. He has man-eating golems that take form of butterflies, called the Teeze.They obey him and only him and can be used as a powerful weapon.
OTHER:
  Younger sibling of Cyril Kamelot and Uncle of Rhode Kamelot. From the anime/manga D.Gray-man 
))

Photobucket
Tyki

10:15pm Dec 30 2009 (last edited on 8:43am Dec 31 2009)

Normal User

(( sorry o-o it posted twice... I dunno how that happened...o.o ))

Photobucket
ferretflitz

10:16pm Dec 30 2009

Normal User

((Joines?))

"Never bring that horrid drink here again."

"It tastes of blue, not the river-dwelling reptile, as I had thought."

Tyki

10:18pm Dec 30 2009 (last edited on 8:43am Dec 31 2009)

Normal User

((....it just keeps posting >> sooooorrry~ ))

Photobucket
Rika

12:32am Dec 31 2009

Normal User

(("I shall walk with thee"

May I join as Ivan AKA Russia? C:

Because, of course, we have to have the crazy, water pipe-wielding, vodka-obsessed, Yao-stalking Russian.

My friend thinks I'm pretty good at him. Which is weird, since I think of Ivan as a psychopath. :D))

Go to page: 1, 2, 3