This Town Ain't Big Enough fer the Two of Us (private me unt Pere)

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
reinabella

9:40pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

Well here it is. Sirius x Severus. I say that one of us plays James as well, and have him like a jealous biotch kind of deal because secretly he wants one of them or both of them and can't stand not being the center f attention. :3

Alliecat is offline. (◕‿◕✿) and also (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚’✿,。・:*:❀・゚’❁
Mortal

9:44pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

((OMG YES. That is cool. Would you like to start?))

reinabella

9:56pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

ooc:// Only if I have to. It'll be a moment, though, as there is a song I have to listen to so I can get pumped up. It's kind of a thing.

Mortal

10:04pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

((Ok. <3))

reinabella

10:15pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

Ah, another day at school. Peace, tranquility, a general sense of quiet studious...ness...

Yeah, right. And Dumbedore's middle name was Humplebottom. ... Actually, it might. Never knew with the crazy old man and his many names.

Anyway, the point of that was that for some reason Sirius couldn't seem to find a quiet place to read. Everywhere he went one of gis fellow Marauders were hanging over his shoulder. Well, Remus wasn't so bad, but even the soft-spoken Moony could get to be a bit of a bug. Everyone thought of the three boys as kind of an inseperable entity. But what if, just once in a blue moon, part of that entity wanted some time to think and act on its own?

Unthinkable.

So Sirius snuck the Map, checked it for the locations of his companions, and found himself some quiet time. Really, as long as James and Remus were nowhere to be found he was happy.

Safely tucked under a tree by the Lake, Sirius checked the map once more, just to be sure. James was at the quidditch pitch, probably showing off, and reasonable Lupin was in the library. Fantastic. With that out of the way Sirius ran a hand through his thick black hair, cool gray eyes sweeping his surroundings before he pulled Pride and Prejudice from his bag. God, if they found him with this he'd never live it down. Thank God for the Map. Soon he was deep in the fine literature, and oblivious to all else.

Mortal

10:23pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

((OMG. THAT WAS HILARIOUS. :D))

Severus had his nose buried in a Potions text as he absentmindedly walked down the halls of Hogwarts. In Daught of the Living Death, was there moonstone powder or no? He couldn't remember, and he called himself a Potions genius. He needed that potion, or he'd be punished by Lucius and his cronies.

Dear Merlin. His life was hell. 

Before he knew it, he was out of the castle and on the grounds. The sun was shining, and he looked at it longingly. If only his life was like that. Bright and happy.

His feet led him to the Lake, a frequent hideout of his, and he spotted the familiar tree that he usually sat under, thinking of ways to improve on potions. As he approached it, his eyes twitching under the bright light of the sun, he saw another figure under it.

"Excuse me," he said snidely, and not politely at all. "You're in my spot." 

reinabella

11:25pm Aug 19 2011

Normal User

The interruption caused a momentary panic, and a less healthy young man would definitely have had a full on coronary. It was a lucky thing that running with the boys kept him in shape. Still, that second of pure terror caused Sirius to jump considerably, hiding the book behind his back for lack of a better place to stash it inconspicuously.

At this point, he was very clearly screwed. Severus hated him, and would undoubtedly spread word of his very uncool choice in reading material. Maybe... Maybe there was hope. Maybe if he was really REALLY nice he would be spared the ridicule and be allowed to live. It was worth a shot anyway.

"I'm really sorry. I just, you know, needed to get away a bit. I didn't know that this was your spot or anything. No harm no foul, eh? I'll leave if you like. Just, ah, could you not mention me having been here? I'd never hear the end of it if my friends knew I read for fun." God that sounded stupid. It made them all sound like idiots.

Okay, so, they were a less than scholarly bunch who preferred a good time to good grades, but they weren't by any means stupid. They didn't fail their classes, and were on relatively good terms with all the staff but Filch. All Marauding aside, they were good students.

They just weren't the bookish types.

Except for now, obviously.

Mortal

1:09am Aug 20 2011

Normal User

Severus looked incredulous. "Black? What are you doing here?" His eyes narrowed. "With a book?" He tried to get a good look at the cover of the book - anything that could interest one of the famous Marauders was something worth looking into. They might be looking for something to use on him, after all.

"Hand it over, Black," he said viciously, ignoring his ramble. It was very obvious that he didn't want Severus to see what he was reading, and he would make it his business to find out what it was. Gleefully, he realised it might be illegal or something. That would teach him. "If you don't give it, I'll report you to Lucius. He can dock points, you know."

reinabella

2:19pm Aug 20 2011

Normal User

Great. Bloody freakin' perfect. Of course of Snivellus would be a total tosser about it. Sure, they had a history of bad blood between them, but if he could've been given a chance just this once... But no. Now he was dog meat for sure. No getting out of this one. Bleeding brilliant.

Reluctantly Sirius pulled the book out from behind his back, going red with embarrassment. He could've retaliated and been quite cruel about it, but something about that option just seemed wrong, and as he looked up into Severus's dark, fathomless eyes his heart skipped a beat. "It's just a book. Some girl left it on a table in the library and I thought it might be interesting. Just not the usual thing for a bloke to read is all. Please, if you could keep this to yourself..."

His eyes were pleading, which is an emotion he'd never thought he'd be showing Severus Snape. Ridiculous. And yet here he was, finally ending up with the short end of the stick.

reinabella

8:50pm Aug 20 2011

Normal User

ooc:// .... Bump?

Mortal

8:54pm Aug 20 2011

Normal User

Snape took the book gleefully. "Pride and Prejudice," he read, frowning. "What's so bad about it?" The name was unfamiliar at first, but it seemed to stir a memory in him. For a few seconds, the memory of his mother entered his mind, back when Tobias Snape hadn't known that his wife was a wizard and everything was fine. She had been sitting on the sofa, reading a book...Pride and Prejudice. And despite the morbid thoughts surrounding that recollection, Severus had to guffaw with laughter.

"A romance novel?" he laughed, mirth in his eyes. "You're reading romance?" He had always thought Sirius to be...not on the straight and narrow, but this proved it. Smirking, he handed Sirius the book back. "You do realise you've just handed me blackmail material, right?" 

His mind immediately began conjuring up images of the cruelest things he could think of of Sirius to do while he, Severus, hung this over his head. 

reinabella

9:11pm Aug 20 2011

Normal User

Shame filled the boy's eyes, and he cast his gaze away. He knew it. Had he not just guessed Snivellus's reaction? Of course. It was typical of the slimy, snotty, Slytherin. Disgusting. Letting that all show clearly on his face, he turned back Snape, openly defiant. This whole 'roll over and take it' thing was definitely not his thing.

"So? It's a good book. Sweet, happy, innocent. The mother loves her daughters. Really cares for them, even if she has an odd way of showing it. Siblings who love each other. Is it really any wonder I like the book? Me, who has parents who hate my traitorous guts, who pit me against my siblings and cousins in an attempt to turn me into them."

Too much, old bean. You've said to much. Not like it matters; your reputation is trash anyway. "So go ahead, Snivellus. I am at your mercy, O Powerful Slimeball." He rose in a singly smooth motion, only to bend himself in a bow that was as mocking as it was courtly, as ironic as it was terribly humbling. Bowing to a Slythering. Horrid.

Mortal

4:25am Aug 21 2011

Normal User

"Oh, take your pity-me-please story somewhere else," Severus said in disgust. "Do I look like I care?" He watched as Sirius mockingly bowed and called him a slimeball, and instead of it angering him, it only delighted him.

"You think you're so cool, Black, with your confidence and your popularity, but I see right through you. You're an insecure little boy who replies on his reputation." He laughed. "Your little bow just now proves it. You're acting confident, but I know you're quivering in your expensive leather boots. You know I can ruin your reputation with a little word thrown into conversation here and there." 

Looking around, he saw that there were a few others students who had come to enjoy the sunshine near the lake.

"Suppose I told them? They wouldn't believe me, I know, but they'd believe my memory. In a pensieve. And then the news would be around the school, and all those fangirls' hearts will be broken, and everyone will know what a poof you are. And your reputation would be gone like this."  He clicked his fingers.

"Oh, Sirius Black, you're at my mercy now! I'm going to make sure the next few weeks are the worst you've ever had - you're going to wish you never picked on dear Snivellus on the train when we first came to Hogwarts." He began walking away. "You can keep the spot under the tree, Black. I've better things to do now."

reinabella

1:54pm Aug 21 2011

Normal User

Expletives pushed at Sirius's brain, seeking a way to his mouth. But he couldn't. Just couldn't. This was too much to deal with. He turned his gaze away, and sighed. Defeat and resignation took the place of his confidence, shoving it aside last last week's trash.

"Fine. I'll do whatever you want. Just... Don't tell. Please."

And then, there was James. He came like an unwanted vision, all smiles and swagger until he looked from the victory clear on Snivellus's face to the defeat on his best friends, and was suddenly defensive. "Hey, Sirius. This freak bugging you?" For a split second there was terror in Sirius's eyes, quickly masked by his usual tough-guy appearance. "Nah, James. I got this. It's nothing." "Good, 'cause we need to get onto the pitch for some quality flight practice."

Sirius, to James's horror, turned to the greasy-haired loser. Like he was looking for permission or some such nonsense. Weird.

reinabella

10:02pm Aug 21 2011

Normal User

ooc://

Mortal

3:00am Aug 22 2011

Normal User

Severus smiled evilly. "Of course," he said, sugar coating his tone. "You can go fly Sirius." He added a pause for effect. "But, I'd like you to get me something first from the Great Hall." He feigned hunger. "I'm starving." He looked around. "Since you're going to be leaving now, anyway, I think I'll sit here." He shoved Sirius' belongings out of the way, and sat under the warm shade of the tree, basking in the sun and Sirius's humiliation and James's confusion. "Run along now, Black."

reinabella

8:33am Aug 22 2011

Normal User

Ignoring the horrified stare of James's green eyes Sirius maintained a passove ex
pression nodding to Severus before turning towards the castle. He set off at a brisk pace, leaving James to catch up. The other boy walked alongside him in stunned silence for a while before he found his voice.

"What the hell was that? It looked like that pathetic grease was was giving you orders. But that can't be it, because one of Us would never take that kind of crap. So there must be another explanation. And you're going to tell me."

Suddenly Black stopped, and James rejoiced. There was a reason, he knew it. And when sirius told him, they could beat the snot out of Snot-Nosed Snivellus and everything would go back to normal.

"It's none of your business, James. This is something I'm dealing with on my own. It's got nothing to do with the Marauders, and everything to do with Sirius Black. Go on ahead, and I'll meet you on the pitch." With that he took off again, feeling... Surprisingly good, actually. It was kind of liberating. This situation, however horrid, was his. No one else's. Well, that accounted for something.

Once he reached the Hall Sirius found a plate, filling it with bread, cheese, and fruit. That was snack food, right? He quickly returned to the tree with his penance, carefully avoiding anyone who might question or delay him in any manner. Thank God for the Map. Upon arrival he set the plate on Severus's lap, his features arranged in a display of emotionless blandness.

"Anything else?"

Mortal

2:42am Aug 23 2011

Normal User

"Nope," Severus said easily. He then paused and thought for a minute. "Actually, would you get Lily Evans for me? I want to have a word with her. Don't tell her I want her though-" he grimaced, "-just that a friend wants to talk with her."

While Sirius had been gone, he had been considering James's hatred when he had looked at him as the two boys had walked away. It had gotten him thinking. He, and half the school, knew that James was in love with Lily Evans, and it would be the ultimate revenge to take Lily right from under his nose. It was the perfect plan, but there was the small snag that Lily hated his guts right now. That could be dealt with, though. He could do almost anything if he set his mind to it. He decided that while Sirius was in his control, it would be the best time to talk with her, because he could order Sirius to help him get her.

Perfect. 

reinabella

9:07am Aug 23 2011

Normal User

For some reaso, that particular command... Hurt. Giving a nod Sirius turned, and began considering the possibility of some truth behind Severus's accusations. That he might very well be... Well, he might not be intimately attracted to women. So it was fully possible. He'd never gotten any kicks from kissing them, and sometimes when James was being especially calm...

But what the bloody hell did that have to do with Severus?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He made his way to the library, her favorite hiding spot, and approached the red-head with an air of indifference. Her bright green eyes crinkled with a smile, and she gave a wave. "Hey there, Si-" "A friend wants you to meet him by the lake." Message delivered, Sirius went to the Quidditch pitch, not bothering to see if she went to Severus or not. It didn't matter. James watched him approach, ever the concerned best friend.

That dismissal earlier had stabbed him right through the heart. He loved Sirius. Not in a gay way, though. Definititely not. That would be weird and wrong. Just as a friend. But that... That cut. He smiled tentatively leaning against one of the stands. "What was that back there, Black? Is someone having their time of the month?" This got a grin, anyway, and a chuckle as Sirius swung his leg over his broom, shooting into the skies and letting the rush of wind clear his mind.

reinabella

10:45am Aug 24 2011

Normal User

ooc:// Bump

Go to page: 1, 2