The 'delete' button. :D

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Life

7:11am Jul 24 2010 (last edited on 7:35am Jul 24 2010)

Normal User

#1. 
due to my computer's severe lag, i often have multiple posts. Like double/triple/five posts. So maybe under the 'edit' button there can be a 'delete' button. :D The delete button only applies to the posts you make that is. :D

#2.
Maybe we can have a delete button for our threads as well, like if we don't want our thread anymore, we can simply delete it on our own. Like maybe (delete thread) or something. This too applies to your own thread only.
I don't mean to imply that the current forum cleaning thread is unefficient, just that maybe this could save some trouble. :)

#3.
And like trades, we can have 'view your threads', which shows all the threads you have made/still exist/have deleted. I know this isn't a 'delete' button, but, oh well. Just an extra idea i came up with after i posted this thread.

There will be an (Are you sure you want to delete this thread/post? Notification popup box. Or something like the abandoning pets in the forest.)

Thanks Fizzy! :D

fizzyizze

7:22am Jul 24 2010

Normal User

If you hit "delete", there MUST be an "Are you sure?" Notification box. What if you accidentaly hit delete when you wanted to edit a huge post? D; Otherwise, I guess I support.

Life

7:34am Jul 24 2010

Normal User

Oh my gosh that's what I did on facebook. I hit the back button and boom everything was gone. XD

yeah fizzy i'll edit that.

paigecam

1:53pm Jul 24 2010

Normal User

Support ^_^

We fell through the ice when we tried not to slip.

Lilith

3:42pm Jul 24 2010

You can post in the cleaning forum in advertisements and ask that duplicate posts be deleted. 

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
zozane008

4:56pm Jul 24 2010

Normal User

Support! :DD

DoodlePicture3\r\n
Life

6:47am Jul 27 2010

Normal User

14: I staff can delete duplicate posts too? anyway, just a suggestion. :) i mean, perhaps there will be less trouble?
Lilith

4:55pm Jul 27 2010

Sure cas, that's what I meant when I said you could post in the cleaning forum. Just make sure you specify that its a dupe post to be deleted, and not the entire thread. =)

I am leery of users having the ability to delete their own posts, for one main reason. There are some unscrupulous users who might take advantage of this feature to run scams with raffles, or to back out on deals, delete proof of deals made, troll forums and then delete the messages, etc.

21stcenturybreakdown

8:17pm Jul 27 2010

Normal User

i support! but i agree with 14... i like #3 espically! but there should also be a button that lets you know what threads you have posted on cus i always forget...#3 FTW!!!!
Life

2:11am Jul 28 2010

Normal User

awwwk. :( maybe you can delete any of your posts except for the first post and the thread itself. :D

mehehe.

but wait you can still edit it anyway. =3=

aww man. :D

Maybe if a scam happens they can report it? o.O

Lilith

7:44pm Jul 28 2010 (last edited on 7:45pm Jul 28 2010)

Reporting it would do no good, as there would be no evidence to look at. =/

Fireaux

11:48pm Jul 28 2010

Normal User

screen shots would work for reportng right? O.o

-Fireaux-\r\n

\r\n

Selling: My Rancher Shop and Showroom. Please take a look, and if interested, Rmail offers.\r\n

Life

8:29am Jul 29 2010

Normal User

i don't know how to take screenies! D: i fail. XD
Lilith

5:09pm Jul 30 2010

You can't screenie something that has been deleted.

Life

7:17am Jul 31 2010

Normal User

good point. ;o

I guess some evil people would use it for scamming, but, isn't it the same as editing? You can just edit the posts to -closed- and wala you get your scam. ;(

So maybe deletion of threads is not so good. But how bout posts? Just that you can't delete the first post which is the root of the thread. :)

Lilith

8:47pm Aug 2 2010

Nope, editing is different...there is still evidence because the post is there, and it will be marked that it was edited, and when. If it is the starter of a thread, it will also keep the ti
tle.

Life

10:52pm Aug 2 2010

Normal User

aha. ;) I guess the thread deletion wasn't that good after all.

How about the post deletion? :D As long as you cannot delete the starter post, it should be fine. :D
wolfspirit25

12:11am Aug 3 2010

Normal User

Post deletion is just as bad because then people can spam up someone's board and be rude and such then just delete the evidence.

Life

12:14am Aug 3 2010

Normal User

oh. But if the spam is deleted then it won't really be spam anyway would it?
wolfspirit25

8:36am Aug 3 2010

Normal User

It may not be just spam though, very hurtful comments may be said about things and someones feelings could be very hurt, then the evidence just vanishes away. Also, in the same vein as raffles, someone could claim to buy something then just delete the post and clam they never asked for it.

Go to page: 1, 2