Rescreatu - Virtual Pet Game

There's a difference between...

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Mars

11:31pm Aug 29 2009

Normal User

Random acts of kindness and begging.

There's not a difference between asking for donations and begging. Just because this has turned into an organization doesn't give you permission to break the begging rule.

Yeah, I'm probably all on the staff's toes right now. But someone has to say it, and I don't think anybody else will. I can also do without the rude comments, but I'm open to rmails if you really must.

I just thought this should be seen. And I'm not placing the fault on anybody here, just to clarify that bit.

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
shadowrider

11:46pm Aug 29 2009

Normal User

i am part of raok because... i dunno but when i saw the thingy for the gold kiokak or omni or what ever i got really ticked off. Thsi person was begging for money and stuff to help somone else get a dream pet. i mean we ALL have dream pets but its really annoying me D:

Laya on Dragonadopters Click please<3
Mars

11:50pm Aug 29 2009

Normal User

Good point, and thank you. :3

Agreed...I really want an albino Iluvu, which is just as rare now taken Kioka eggs are near extiction. But I'm not going to go begging for something as a "random act of kindness."

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Riyo

11:57pm Aug 29 2009

Normal User

I thought random acts of kindness meant that you do kind things for random users. Not ask random users to do kind things...?

-Has no idea wut's goin' awn-

"You must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing." - Alucard, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
XAllurcore

12:36am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

I support this. X3 -stares at the other forum- Donate to help someone get their goal? Make a forum bout it? I consider it begging also. Everyone has goals. Not like everyone can go around asking for donations. Gotta earn it the right way. x3

Reeses

10:46am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

I'm....sorry.  I'll delete it.

Wat.
ಠ_ಠ
Flammable

10:47am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

I don't see why this couldn't be left in that forum, unless Murgy just likes calling attention to her dissent.
Taiwan36

10:52am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

I don't understand! RAOK is giving away things to people that deserve it. We give it to the kindest ppl on the shout box.  What's the difference between giving people a mint ice cream and a dye kit? This just doesn't make sence to me.

Movie coming Summer 2010
1ran

11:00am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

Some nice people don't go on the sb. Others like to lurk.

dragon231mm

11:05am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

Murgy, this is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it is. RAOK is not begging, Pet made RAOK to help people achieve their goals, to make them smile. How is that begging? Pet doesn't keep the TU we donate, she gives it to others, tell me now, how is that begging?

"What's your name?"
"Bob, sir."
"Bob. I like Bob."
"It's a sacred name, sir."
"All right, your Sacred Bob."
Hai. Call meh Pengui or I'll steal your cookies >:3
innagong

11:07am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

murgy half-killed me.

<(=x.X=)>

Flashbacks, warm nights,
Almost left behind.
Suitcases of memories,
Time after time.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
 _Ranvier

11:10am Aug 30 2009 (last edited on 11:14am Aug 30 2009)

Normal User

ROAK is it's own function.

In my opinion, I see it as a club. It's just that clubs are so expensive it is not one.

Clubs ask for donations.

Donations get things for the members of the club.

ROAK is asking for donations.

Those donations are going to help others.

I see begging as asking for tu for personal usage.

Not asking for donations in order to give back to others.

And it's not like people are against it. Reese is worthy of keeping her word and people trust her enough to send her funds.

And oh, if you're asking for a staff member's opinion, this is mine.

No offense meant at all. I have no intentions of starting a fight.

Reeses

11:10am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

Guys, please don't make this a big issue. >.< Murgy is only stating her opinion and what she believes.

Wat.
ಠ_ಠ
 _Ranvier

11:13am Aug 30 2009 (last edited on 11:14am Aug 30 2009)

Normal User

That's what I'm doing too, Pet. :3

AngelKiss

11:51am Aug 30 2009

Normal User

It doesn't seem to me that RAOK is really begging. They ask for donations, and the donations go toward someone else's dream.

Of course, everyone has their own goals. And you have to work hard to achieve those goals. But don't you love it when you know you did something nice for someone else? Doesn't making someone smile just brighten your day?

shadowrider

12:22pm Aug 30 2009

Normal User

I dont think murgy and I were talking about Raok. I was talking about Russet's thread Not Raok.

Laya on Dragonadopters Click please<3
Outsane

12:24pm Aug 30 2009

Normal User

This is really uneccessary, Murgy. As Flammable said, this could have been left in the other forum rather than made a whole new one just to personally attack the makers of one thread.

This topic is locked as well.

Go to page: 1