So you've read the Hunger Games?

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Amunet

6:39pm Apr 5 2010 (last edited on 6:49pm Apr 5 2010)

Normal User

Have you read The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins?

If so, do you think Katniss will end up with Peeta or Gale?  Why do you think that?

Mockingjay comes out August 24, 2010!!!

Meh.
Amunet

6:48pm Apr 5 2010

Normal User

I believe Katniss will end up with Peeta.  Althought I have yet to read Catching Fire, I'm quite sure she will end up with Peeta.  When Katniss and Peeta are in the Hunger Games together, and doing something a little intimate, she always wonders what Gale would think about her actions, but what I think is...she is with Peeta.  At the end of the first book, when Peeta's feelings are hurt, she thinks:  "Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.  I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I finally have to let go."  That shows that Katniss doesn't want to let go.  She is also unsure of the love she feels for Peeta, because when she fell in love with him, she was just acting, but she actually fell in love with him.  As for Gale, he already had his chance, and if she would have wanted Gale, she would have already had him.  Her and Gale are to much alike, and that would make for a very boreing relationship.

Meh.
Simplistical

6:51pm Apr 5 2010

Normal User

I'm excited for the new book. :3

I have no idea who she would choose, but I personally like Gale more. 

Made by Wishies. o3o
Amunet

6:58pm Apr 5 2010

Normal User

I like Gale more too.  I think him and Katniss would make a better match, but I think she will go with Peeta.  He gave her hope when she had none, and continued to give her hope throughout the book.  I'm exited for the new book too!

Meh.
Dustfeather

10:41pm Apr 5 2010

Normal User

I think Peeta should go die in a fire. Gale is awesome. xD

However, I'm nearly positive that Katniss will end up with Peeta. Sure it's a bit predictable but if she doesn't, then half of what has happened in the books would be pointless. It would kind of ruin it, and not be a good ending (despite my hate of Peeta), unless they found some way to make it better.

I've read Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and am quite excited for The Victors. ;3

HRRR. -spits flames at Peeta- He annoys me as all heck.

Dustfeather -> Sparrow -> Universe
Amunet

2:18pm Apr 6 2010

Normal User

Peeta is to needy.  It is a little obvious that he will end up with Katniss, although it would be an unexpected twist in the story if she ended up with Gale. 

Meh.
Neiru

3:13pm Apr 6 2010

Normal User

^ It would be very unexpected. ~ I'm actually not sure of who I rather have Katniss end up with, but with how the first two books went, it would most likely be Peeta. But then again, Gale will have his time to shine soon too. 

I love the Hunger Games series. <3 *o* 

*Same art as my DA ID. Check out my rancher shop. <3
Amunet

3:29pm Apr 6 2010

Normal User

It could end up being Gale, but I just don't see it happening.  I also loved the Hunger Games.

Meh.
Dustfeather

3:54pm Apr 6 2010

Normal User

Hunger Games is a really good series. For such a great concept, I though she could have written it a bit better, but it's still really well done. <3

And I'm tempted to write my own version of Hunger Games for my own amusement. x3

Amunet

6:52pm Apr 6 2010

Normal User

I think it was pretty good.  I would never have the patience to write any book.

Meh.
Dustfeather

12:58am Apr 7 2010

Normal User

I write short stories for fun. :p I want to write a full novel someday, but I get bored of ideas pretty easily, so I doubt it'll ever get done.

Amunet

2:50pm Apr 7 2010

Normal User

One of my best friends likes to write for fun.  She is thinking about getting one of her stories published.

Meh.
Dustfeather

12:28am Apr 9 2010

Normal User

She should go for it, krishtyn. :3 There's no harm in trying. If it gets published I'd like to read it someday. 83

Amunet

5:59pm Apr 9 2010

Normal User

Yeah.  She thinks people will think she is crazy.  I told her to try it anyways.  It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

Meh.
ZoeyRedbird

12:14pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

I know! I can't wait for it to come out!

I think Katniss will end up with Peeta. You know how I know? Because Gale will end up with Mage. You know how I know that? Because they're all EXACT OPPOSITES. Also the fact that Peeta saved Katniss when she was young, so, yeah.

My mom said it sounded like it was based on some short story or another. She had to read it in high school XD

You should write a new version of it dust. That'd be kinda cool. 

Muffinz 0_o
Fantasybeing

3:01pm Apr 25 2010

Normal User

It has to be Gale! It has to be! I'd be mad if it didn't! And i am excited for the next one!!!

Adopt one today! Please Click, or He might die.. :(
Dustfeather

1:18am Apr 26 2010

Normal User

Yeah, Katniss will be with Peeta. Sorry to burst your bubble Fantasy. xD Gale and Katniss isn't happening. -sigh of despair-

And I might try Zoey. o__o If I have time. I'm kind of swimming in homework lately, but we'll see.

Go to page: 1