Broaden Shad's Music Horizons. 8D

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Arrow

8:37pm Aug 24 2011 (last edited on 9:20pm Aug 25 2011)

Normal User

Shad's friend tells Shad over and over again that Shad needs to expand her music library. But I don't have the patience to sit through random songs on Youtube or Playlist.com :c

So if you all could help, that'd be great. 8D Now, you can tell me as many artists/songs as you'd like. If I fall in love with one artist/song that you gave me, I might give a prize. I just won't tell anyone if I like the song selection or not. I don't want to make people feel bad. ;c

What I listen to
(Note that if y'all say someone I already know, I'll add it to this list. o3o)

- Coldplay
- The Fray
- OneRepublic
- John Mayer
- Ke$ha
- Train ♥
- Owl City
- Rascal Flatts
- Eminem
- Jason Derulo
- Jay-Z
- Jesse McCartney <33
- Backstreet Boys
- Jason Mraz
- 3 Doors Down
- Linkin Park
- Green Day
- Daughtry
- Katy Perry
- Lady Gaga xD
- Mike Posner
- Nickelback <333
- Bruno Mars
- Most of the hit music except for Flo Rida. Ew. b:
- lol, I like Gyptian the Reggae person, too. |D
- I like love songs, too.

What I don't listen to

- Headbanging music
- Stuff that just plain hurts my ears. |D
- Taylor Swift. e_e

So please please please broaden my music horizons! 8D

Suggested

- The Starting Line
- To Be Juliet's Secret
- Push Play
- The Ready Set
-

hello my name is elder price
Dragonstar

9:19pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

So I guess the stuff I listen to shouldn't be suggest. It is all that head-banger and slightly screamy, angry stuffs.

Nothing can stop the US Air Force except lightning within five nautical miles.

Arrow

9:35pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

You never know. xD Even Creed gives me a headache, though. lolz

Dragonstar

9:43pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

Creed is awesome~!

So is Trapt, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Korn, Flyleaf, Korn, Atreyu, Saliva, Fireflight, Bullet for my Valentine, Thousand Foot Krutch, 30 Seconds to Mars [This is War = <3], Papa Roach, Escape the Fate, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Drowning Pool, Linkin' Park, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Shinedown, The Offspring, Staind, Seether, Daughtry, Evanescence, Simple Plan, Tokio Hotel, and others which I forgot... XD

Arrow

9:50pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

Out of those, I actually do listen to; 3 Doors Down (omg love <333) Linkin' Park, Green Day, and Daughtry....should add those to the list. xD

Dragonstar

9:53pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

There are more, but those are the only ones I have listed on Facebook. ^^;

Dragonstar

9:54pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

Dude, listen to Cannibal by Ke$ha [[ or however you spell the name of the song ]] and tell me if it fits Ariskye perfectly.

o3o

Arrow

9:59pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

LOL I listen to Cannibal when I'm by my pool. xD It does fit Risky.

Dragonstar

10:00pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

HAHA~!

I first heard it on So You Think You Can Dance and I immediantly thought of her.

You have a pool? O.O

Arrow

10:38pm Aug 24 2011

Normal User

Yeah, my mom's always wanted one. We got it just at the beginning of the summer. They almost hit our house with the pool itself when they lifted it on a craine o_O I was in the room it was going to hit, too. o3o

Arrow

6:20pm Aug 25 2011

Normal User

Bump

Breeze

9:29pm Aug 25 2011 (last edited on 9:32pm Aug 25 2011)

Normal User

MUST LISTEN TO ARTISTS:

SICK OF SARAH:

An all girl band, I have not listened to one of their songs that does not have emotion and meaning packed into their lyrics.  'Giving Up', 'Kickback', and 'Kiss Me' are some good songs to start with.

KID CUDI:

Honestly, he's amazing.  Listen to some of his underground-ish stuff, like 'Mr.Rager', and 'Maniac'.   

The Eels.  Especially their song 'The Good Old Days'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjnB4Q1JjM

Ratatat.  Either listen to 'Loud Pipes' or 'Cherry'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8VmSfYLAU

John Carrie and Moor Green, 'Please' 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRkjtduhtA 

And DUBSTEP.  Best genre of music ever, in my opinion.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFu2DfPDGeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKlEuu4NgI 

Jenny

9:37pm Aug 25 2011

Normal User

-Stole two dubstep songs.- :U

i’m such a gamer uwu
dogpaw49

9:33am Aug 26 2011

Normal User

umm wana hear my favorite song?

well here it is 

Simple Plan & Natasha Bedingfield -Jetlag

http://www.wat.tv/video/simple-plan-natasha-bedingfield-3tyad_2irat_.html

Arrow

7:32pm Aug 30 2011

Normal User

Thanks, guys. <3

Ping

6:09am Sep 1 2011

Normal User

I TOTALLY SUGGEST JUSTIN BIEBER

No not really. Erm. My favourite singers at the moment are Bon Iver and Ellie Goulding. I can't say I have similar taste, but I guess it's worth throwing out. 

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

SerenitySorrow

10:03am Sep 2 2011 (last edited on 10:08am Sep 2 2011)

Normal User

Dude Shad you still listen to the Backstreet Boys AND Jesse McCartney. I love you, thought i was the only one ^^

Anywho I have like a broad musical library. I listen to Flyleaf and Slipknot but that's like screamo so I guess that's out XP

I also listen to a lot of alternative bands. Such as Vampire Weekend (Giving up the Gun is great.) The Maine (All the songs from their Black and White CD are amazing. Try Inside of You.) Neon Trees (I just love them) Parachute (Under Control is good.). And there's other bands that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I really like to listen to like slower stuff because im angry all the time XP So I like Angus and Julia Stone (I prefer Angus though. Check out Big Jet Plane or The Devils Tears.) They have this really relaxing quality to their music. I also listen to A Fine Frenzy (Electric Twist is an upbeat song.) She also has this really breathy tone to her voice. There's also Lenka (The Show) who does really cute songs.

Another song I like is Loving you Tonight by Andrew Allen. It's just so upbeat and catchy. It's been like my summer song two summers in a row ^^ Oh and this is out of category but Carrie Underwood has some good songs. I like Cowboy Casanova.

And because I'm a loser I listen to artist from the 50's such as Frank Sinatra but you probably don't really wanna get into that -shot-

Oh and if you haven't heard these songs already I like Straight Through My Heart, Inconsolable, Bigger and Drowning all by the Backstreet Boys XD OrBody Language by Jesse McCartney ^^

That is my very unorganized list of music suggestions -shot- Also im on
my iPod now so there is a good chance alot of this will be random and nonsensical.

Edit: I also like Bon Jovi XP

Its been a while but im back~ If youre an old RP buddy hit me up Id love to reconnect.
Arrow

4:48pm Sep 2 2011

Normal User

Jesse McCartney will forever hold my heart. --watches the Leavin' music video all the time just to look at Jesse's hotness- |D

All those Backstreet Boys songs are win. 8)

Love all of what you suggested already. Thanks so much. *goes to add Vampire Weekend songs to her iPod* ;D

Detneth106

9:36am Sep 4 2011

Normal User

Shad. Get your butt on Skype.

As for music...

I listen to stuff from Rent the Broadway musical, Saving Jane by Girl Next Door, Call Me by Shinedown, Marianas Trench, Blue October (a few very, very good songs c:), Disney all over the place, The Beatles, Sister Gypsy by Blackmore's Night, Nara by E. S. Posthumus, Hallelujah (I've got the Shrek version...lD) and The Quest by Non Stop Music.

LOL that's my yt playlist. xD 

Logo
Go to page: 1