The Witch's Lullaby (Magic/Romance)

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
HavenBlackCat

6:05pm Dec 19 2011 (last edited on 6:10pm Dec 19 2011)

Normal User

Lovely was the pale-skinned queen,
And had two lovely daughters, she,
Each child had eyes as green as could be,
Two pretty sisters born by the sea,

One raven-haired and graceful like water,
White-haired and lightning-quick was the other,
Each as powerful as a little girl could be,
Two young sisters born by the sea,

But one to darkness she was drawn,
And one to light may she be shown,
Separated by the witches three,
Were the two sisters born by the sea,

The silver moon may mark their fate,
Doomed to find such love and hate,
Bound by their powers and cast away,
The sisters know not one another; their memories fade,
Human they seem, though human they're not,
For kingdoms they've saved and dragons they've fought,
Deadly magic lives in them, as all would agree,
But controlled not by the sisters born by the sea

My mother used to sing me the song, a soft song about two sisters that possessed great power. I never knew which sister was the dark, and which was the light, or if they ever found each other. That was just all there was to the song. But I always liked it. 'The Witch's Lullaby', Mom used to call it. The girls were witches, as all in their family were, she said. And she told me once that we were directly descended from the white-haired sister. Which was why I couldn't let anyone know about what I was, because they would hate me. I was, after all, just like her.
My name is Salem Monroe. I was named for the time in history when many of my family were killed for being what they were. People now say that the victims of the Witch Trials weren't really witches, but I know the truth. True, not all of them were. But some held the power that had been passed through my family for generations.
I wasn't the least bit excited for my first day at Casper High School. To be starting halfway through the school year in your junior year was bad enough, but add in my....well, my condition? I might as well kill myself right now before the entire town turns on me. After all, southerners were not known for their understanding as far as 'witches' go--or so I'd heard.
"Salem!" Jenny, my adoptive mother, called from the kitchen. I took a final look at myself in the mirror--my mossy-green eyes stared back at me forlornly--and sighed. I turned, snatching an apple from a bowl in the kitchen, and walked towards the front door without answering. "Salem!" Jenny called again. "Say goodbye to your brothers!"
"They're not my brothers," I retorted. They weren't. Yeah, Jenny had adopted me after my mother died, so what? That didn't make her two sons my brothers. They weren't related to me whatsoever, and blood was what I raised to respect. Eleanor Almonde-Monroe, my mother, was blood, and I respected her even years after she died. Margaret Almonde, my grandmother, was blood, and I respected her, even if I'd never met her. My bloodline was the reason I was what I was, and I respected it. But my adoptive family?
Not in the slightest.
I didn't wait for Jenny to respond; I slammed the door behind me and walked down the street to the little school. I hated small towns. Everybody knew everybody, and I would be an outcast. Not that I minded--I actually preferred to be a loner. There was less chance of anyone finding out my secret. Not even my adoptive family knew, and I had been with them for three years now. Nobody knew save me now, and I was going to keep it that way.

(Just jump in and post a pic! Please, no one-liners. Here's Salem, by the way:
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/KamariKaori/People/Girls/blonde_emo_hairstyle.jpg)
rescreatu1998

12:27pm Dec 21 2011

Normal User

Hey can I join this it looks really fun?

http://www.tumblr.com/hello_lightbox/lizabethgillies/55116097230?follow_source=FOLLOW_SOURCE_BLOG_LIGHTBOX#
HavenBlackCat

12:27pm Dec 21 2011

Normal User

Yeah!
rescreatu1998

12:29pm Dec 21 2011

Normal User

Thanx, so do you want me to post my Bio now?

http://www.tumblr.com/hello_lightbox/lizabethgillies/55116097230?follow_source=FOLLOW_SOURCE_BLOG_LIGHTBOX#
HavenBlackCat

12:30pm Dec 21 2011

Normal User

You can post a bio, or just jump in and add a pic of your character.
rescreatu1998

12:32pm Dec 21 2011

Normal User

Okay thanx I'll post my Bio soon cause I gotta go now.

THANK YOU

Flygon

4:13pm Dec 21 2011 (last edited on 4:14pm Dec 21 2011)

Normal User

((Hey, looks fun, I'm gonna join ^_^ *Doesn't do one-liners*))
(http://img.gactv.com/GAC/2008/07/01/kristyleecook2_v_e.jpg)

Vynessa Hark-land sat up lazily in bed. She called down to her parents but there was no reply. That certainly woke her up. She cursed throwing her quilt off her legs as she leapt out of bed. The light-bulb flickered on and off as she panicked running about her room gathering her cloths. Scraping her messy hair back into a ponytail her lilac eyes glared back her through the mirror. (Her eyes where unique to her family blood line, a mutation that existed in the second female born.) "Oh shut up." She told her reflection, pulling the trench coat off it's hanger and gathering her satchel.
   Running into the kitchen the flickering lights followed. Grabbing a piece of bread she shoved it into the toaster before running to the bathroom the get her tooth brush and tooth paste. Grabbing the toast as it popped out of the machine, she frantically brushed her teeth as she head out the front door, spitting into the shrub and shoving the tooth brush into the mail-box as she left the drive. 
   Vynessa wasn't a bad student, she was actually rather bright when it came to mechanics and electronics, however her punctuality was appalling. It wasn't her fault though, well partially wasn't. She had a certain... ability that a regular person would have hung her for if she had been alive centuries ago, however telling your tutor you have being using extra energy because you subconsciously emit pulses into near by electronics, well that would just get you sent to detention for lying.  
   Heading down the street and tearing her teeth into the toast she was surprised to see the back of someone head on her route to school. She too was either late, or Vyn had misinterpreted the time. 
   Deciding to not be a stranger to this stranger, she called out to her. "Hey! Are you headed to Casper High?" She asked, catching up to her and already deciding to not take no for an answer.

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
rescreatu1998

10:13pm Dec 21 2011 (last edited on 10:13pm Dec 21 2011)

Normal User

Alice Lilian blinked away sleep and looked at the time. She cursed leaping out of bed "Why didn't any body wake me?" I yelled frustrated. Quickly pulling a brush through my long raven black hair that rippled down my back "oh, that's why, nobody cares" I yelled in my parents direction. I stared at my self in the slightly cracked mirror long black hair, with pale skin white as snow, and blood red lips with startling bright icy blue eyes.I pulled on jeans and some purple top lying of the floor grabbed my bag and raced out then door "Love you to" I said rolling my eyes and slamming the door shut. Thoughts rolled through my mind of what it would be like to have a father that didn't hit you, and a mother that didn't ignor you. I shrugged "can't win them all" I muttered.

HavenBlackCat

12:40am Dec 22 2011

Normal User

My head snapped up, hearing a voice behind me. I turned to look slowly, arching a single brow at the girl behind me. "Maybe," I answered. "Maybe not. Depends on who you are and why you wanna know." I blinked once, words that were foreign and yet familiar to me racing through my mind. Incantations. They would come in handy at some point, I was sure, but maybe not now. "Is there anywhere else a teenager would be going at this time of day in a place like this?"
Flygon

2:44pm Dec 22 2011

Normal User

Vyn scratched her brow. The response was not what she had anticipated. "Well, I'm a student there, so it was in my best interest." She rolled her shoulder blades as a yawn escaped her mouth. Clicking her neck and feeling satisfied with the popping noises, she chuckled at the new girls assumption that everyone went to school. "Well, as a matter of fact, because it isn't a large town when most hit 16 they drop out, or some may be home schooled, so are getting the train to the city." She replied, covering her mouth as another yawn emerged. 
Rubbing her eye sockets with the palms of her hands her cheeks were now slightly rosy in colour and her lilac eyes glistened with water after they welled up due to the frequent yawning. Shoving her hands into the trench coat pockets she felt rather relaxed when a battery lay at the bottom; something to play with. Pulling it out and fondling the battery in her fingers and looked down to the girl. "So, are you one of these crazy chicks who dyes their hair the point of no repair, or have you naturally got fair hair?" She asked as a point of conversation.

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
HavenBlackCat

7:26pm Dec 22 2011

Normal User

I glanced at the battery the other girl played with, biting my lower lip. "Natural," I answered finally. "It's been passed down to the girls in my family for centuries." I didn't offer any insight as to how we knew the hair color of so many of my ancestors. "Though I wouldn't disagree if you went so far as to call me crazy. I have been known to do things that could pass as fueled by insanity."
rescreatu1998

7:37pm Dec 22 2011

Normal User

Alice watched the two girls from adistant point of veiw she saw this kinda thing ofen, but never exspeariaced it herself. Suddenly she had a deep yearning for more than one friend but her best friend Alex he was great the best friend every one wanted he was also my olnly friend I seemed to repel girls because I didn't have much in commen with most though  guys approached me ofen but in the more than friendly way ither they would leave disapointed or thinking they wasted they're time. I couldn't blame them I was over aggresive, I had a smart mouth and snapped at people for no reason and I was differnt in ways I didn't undersatnd but Alex accepted me.

Flygon

6:23am Dec 23 2011

Normal User

"Huh?" Vyn was surprised that the hair colour was natural, but also somewhat pleased. "You and me both." She replied, looking up to the sky that was dusted with wispy clouds. "The insanity thing and the 'abnormal' hereditary thing." She used her fingers as inverted commas when saying abnormal. "Nothing abnormal about it though, we are who we are, if people can't accept that, then screw them." She chuckled lightheartedly. "Kinda like a child hood mate of mine. He was ginger and literaly chased the bully with a screw." 
"So, what brings you to our most humble of towns?" She asked the stranger another question once again.

Knightly Lord of Paor.
33 unique bois
rescreatu1998

6:52pm Dec 23 2011

Normal User

Alex crept up behined Alice, he had feelings for her that were slightly more than friendly It wasn't because she was pretty it was in fact because she was wierd and different. "Hello, Alex" she said turning around a smile spread across her lips. "Hey, Lex" she said "watcha been up to" she said "Nothing Alex said shrugging "let's go talk to them "he said pointing to the nwer girl and one he'd seen around before before Sasha could say anything he strolled over to them "hey, you new" he said nodding to the newer girl Alice appeared behined him.

Go to page: 1