It's Forbidden {Private} But It's True

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Nouveau

10:04pm May 21 2011 (last edited on 11:58pm May 21 2011)

Normal User

I believe we both know the plot, but I'll edit this with it later~

The Prides

Fire Pride
The lions of Fire Pride live in a large patch of territory that resembles a desert-like environment with constant black smoke rising from large holes in the ground. Even though sand is everywhere and in everything, vegetation is lush and thriving; attracting animals from all around to graze on the underbrush and fat leaves. The vegetation also offer concealment to the lions that call this place home.
The lions themselves have short fur and are dark tan to a creamy white in colour. Their pads are thick enough to protect their paws against the hot desert sand.

Shadow Pride
The lions of Shadow Pride also live in a large patch of territory, except theirs is more similar to a rain forest that is backed up against a desert. So there is some sand, but not a lot. The forest has tall trees and very thick undergrowth that makes it a little hard to navigate, but the lions who live here have mastered moving through the thick undergrowth in a very efficient way that cuts down the noise they make when they are hunting.

The lions themselves are black and dark brown in colour. Their pads are thick like the Fire Pride lion's but are a little softer to cushion their footfalls on the forest floor. They also have long claws because they are avid climbers. 

Character Sheets
Name: [Full name]
Nicknames: [If used by a specific lion, list]
Pride: [Shadow or Fire]
Personality: [Doesn't need to be overly detailed, but give an idea]
History: [Anything worth noting]
Looks: [Picture or deion]
Arranged Mate: [To be added later--leave blank for now?]
Other: [Anything else we need to know]

Characters
Fire Pride
Main Lion- Marim {Lola}
Arranged Mate- Acai {Dragon}
NPCs- 

Shadow Pride
Main Lion- Erishi {Dragon}
Arranged Mate- Silvan {Lola}
NPCs-
Climate
Weather
Clear|Overcast|Partly Cloudy|Raining|Thunderstorms|Hail

Season
Spring|Summer|Autumn|Winter

Time
Day-Sunrise|Morning|Afternoon|Early Evening
Night-Sunset|Dusk|Twilight|Dark|Midnight|Early Morning|Predawn 

Actively inactive. Formerly lolalover6.
Nouveau

10:36pm May 21 2011 (last edited on 11:56pm May 21 2011)

Normal User

Name: Marim (MAH-rim)
Nicknames: Mar, Mari
Pride: Fire Pride
Rank: Heir--he will take over as pride leader when the current one dies.  While he shares no blood with him, Marim has shown exceptional courage on the battlefield and in hunts.  He is currently training with the current leader so that he can effectively take over in the years to come.
Personality: Marim hates the Shadow pride with every fiber of his being, mostly due to the fact that he is almost ridiculously loyal to his pride.  After being chosen as Heir, he has trained dedicatedly and thinks of little more.  Though the 'arranged' mate was no priority for him, and certainly not preferred, he knows that this is the pride way for the future leader, and accepted it.  Though not overly ambitious, he longs to take over the pride soon.  He is hostile to intruders and those he doesn't know, and is not too quick to trust.  Part of him longs for peace among the chaos of the war, though he isn't ready to accept any forgiveness for the Shadow pride.
History: Grew up with his litter of two siblings, being the eldest.  His sister closest to him in age died in the hunt a few years ago, and his brother was lost to the war.  This may be partially fueling his hatred for the Shadow Pride.  He has been working hard to serve his pride after his second sibling's death, perhaps fueled by the grief he felt for his little brother.  He was chosen nearly a year ago as Heir, and has nearly doubled his efforts after that.
Looks: Marim's fur is a pale gold, like the sky right before the sunrise.  He has fierce green eyes and a powerful build, though he is much more agile than would be expected.  He is slightly larger than the average size of a Fire Pride lion, with a thick mane of dark gold.  His eyes, though described as green, are filled with streaks varying from pale emerald to deep, pine green.  His claws are short but sharp, slightly hooked for good hunting.  Marim's haunches are probably the strongest part of him, built for pouncing onto powerful prey animals and unsuspecting Shadow Pride warriors.
Arranged Mate: Açaí
Other: Nope.  He's the main lion of the Fire Pride.
Note: Sorry Marim isn't too intriguing.  This is only his second roleplay, and first one as an animal.  I think once things pick up, he'll become more fleshed out.
---
Name: Silvan (SIHL-van)
Nicknames: Silv
Pride: Shadow Pride
Rank: Healer--knows the way of herbs and heals his pride mates.  Can read stars for predictions of the future, occasionally dreams 'true.'  Consultant for the Pride Leader on predictions for the future, etc.  The Healers can get bad raps depending on who it is--Silvan has so far proven himself worthy of a good one.
Personality: Slightly timid and unsure of himself anywhere except when he's healing.  When Silv has injuries on his paws, he seems to turn into a different lion.  But the commanding, knowledgable lion is scarcely seen anywhere else, though he harbors a deep resentment for Fire Pride lions.  He was excited about becoming Erishi's mate, and though slightly intimidated by her, is determined to be the best mate she could hope for.
History: Grew up knowing what he wanted to be.  Silvan has been lucky in the sense that none of his family has been lost to the war, and his older sister is only slightly below Erishi in rank (Is this okay?).  He first met his future mate when they were cubs, and has actually been partially infatuated with her since their childhood.  As he grew into a more prominent Healer, his mother decided that the pair would be a smart match, and dropped several hints to the Pride Leader, who eventually announced the arrangement.
Looks: Silvan is an oddity among the Shadow Pride lions.  Named for his unusual fur, Silv is colored a dark, slate gray unlike the blacks so common in the Shadow Pride.  The fur is beautiful in the moonlight, and glints silver.  His eyes are an iron grey to match, and his belly fur is slightly lighter.  Silvan has a few lighter flecks along his muzzle as well.  He isn't as well-built as other Shadow Pride lions, but he can move as swiftly and silently as a gazelle.  His senses are sharper than most, and what he lacks in size he makes up for in cleverness.
Arranged Mate: Erishi
Other: Nope.

Dragonstar

11:25pm May 21 2011 (last edited on 12:07am May 22 2011)

Normal User

Name: Erishi
Nicknames: Eri
Pride: Shadow
Rank: Lead Warrior -- Leads raids against Fire Pride; also fights off any other intruders onto their territory.
Personality: Erishi is fierce and merciless in battle. But when she is off the field, she can be found playing with the cubs when she has a spare moment. She just loves the little ones and wants to make them happy by telling them stories of her victories -- if a little exaggerated -- or teaching them a few, very basic fighting moves to those who want to fight.
History: Born and raised in the Shadow Pride, in the safety of the rainforest. She has two other siblings. Both are male and they are hunters. [ Yes. They break the status quo ] At the moment, she currently advises the leader of her Pride of the war and fights alongside her fellows.
Looks: Erishi slightly bigger than the average lioness. She has corded muscles along her shoulders, causing her paw attacks to be a bit more powerful and hurt a whole lot more. Her canines are long and are built for tearing. Same with her claws, although they are longer than most. Her fur is as black as a starless, moonless night and she has a slightly lighter black underbelly with unusually pure white paws. The same unusual white also tips her tail in a tuff. She has what looks like a mane going down the back of her neck, following her spine as it starts out on the crown of her head and ends in the middle of her shoulders. It is long, and looks slightly like a horses' [from liek here]. Her eyes are a fierce, cold yellow and they seem to glow when she is fighting.
Arranged Mate: Silvan
Other: Her brothers are very much alive. Their names are Kailen and Sereph. She is the main lion of the Shadow Pride.

~xXx~

Name: Açaí [As.saː.i]
Nicknames: None
Pride: Fire
Personality: Açaí is a quick lioness in her thoughts, actions, and opinions. She seldom stops to think and that gets her into trouble somewhat. Though, Açaí can also be very quiet as she sometimes thinks about things.
History: Born and raised in the Fire Pride. Grew up to be a sucessful hunter, but she did not achieve the Lead Hunter rank. [blarg; more will come if I get around to it.]
Looks: [Lazy. So I got a picture.]

Arranged Mate: Marim
Other: None.

Nothing can stop the US Air Force except lightning within five nautical miles.

Nouveau

11:57pm May 21 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Do my characters look okay to you?  I added a bit of backstory for Erishi and Silv, hope it's fine~
Other than that, are we ready to start?  :D  I was thinking the intros could be them readying and going into a battle.  Mar and Eri can find each other there...? 

Dragonstar

12:02am May 22 2011

Normal User

OoC://

Fine with me. And ready whenever you are. :D

Oh, and if I poof, it means I went to bed.

Nouveau

12:04am May 22 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Me as well~  I'll post my intros in a moment.  Should there be any arranged mate and main char interaction?  o3o  -shot-

Dragonstar

12:08am May 22 2011

Normal User

Yea. Like before Erishi and Marim meet somewhere one the field of battle.

Nouveau

12:09am May 22 2011

Normal User

Ooc// -nods- Sounds good~
Okay.  Intros.  (Lol, can I be lame for a moment and say how excited I am for this to start?  xD -shot) 

Dragonstar

12:12am May 22 2011

Normal User

-chuckles-

Yes you can be lame for a moment. I'm excieted too, but I'm too tired to show it at the moment.

Nouveau

12:20am May 22 2011

Normal User

Marim scented the golden air of the morning carefully.
Scents of prey and grass and other lions sifted through him, filling his core with the smell of home.  He looked around him, seeing his pride mates, and drinking in their features.  Cementing them into his mind.  Carving each of their names, their personalities, their little quirks into his heart.  He had to, or they could be lost forever.
Marim knew that he should be saying goodbye to Acai, but he couldn't bring himself to go to her.  Not yet. First and foremost, he was the Heir of the pride--a future mate came second.  And right now, he had to remember the sights and sounds of his Pride.  If he died that day, he wanted to remember why he had died, what he was protecting.  Of course, this was if the gods of the afterlife allowed him his memories.
Sighing, he turned away from the lazily sprawled mothers and their mischievious little cubs, turned his back on the scar-riddled elders and the battle-ready, younger lions.  Marim shook out his coat, as if to rid himself of his morbid thoughts.
You must return, he thought fiercely, For the Pride.
---
Silvan was eager to find Erishi.
As he hurried through his daily chores--cleaning the herbs storage area, checking what he needed to restock, making sure the essentials were lined up if things were to take a turn for the worst--his thoughts were filled with the lioness.  For him, a dream had become a reality.
As he finished the last inspection with a flourish, Silv paused for a moment.  A lone, elegant red lilly lay on the floor of his small herb den.  He had found it earlier that morning, and saved it for his future mate.  But now, embarassment was clawing at him.  What would a warrior want to do with a flower?  She was tough, she was brave--she certainly wouldn't need a silly little item like that.  But his more romantic side persuaded him to snatch up the jewel-colored flower and bound out of his den, searching for the lioness in question.
"Erishi?" his call rang out around the Pride's camp.  He padded forward, eager to find her. 

Dragonstar

12:44am May 22 2011

Normal User

A smaller than average white lioness padded through the long leaves of the desert plantlife as she worked her way back to her camp. And her future mate. The thought about him made her stomach tingle with nervousness. Her future mate was Marim; the heir to the Pride. Most of her friends congradulated her when the annoucement came, but the others grew jealous a drifted away. Heaving out a sigh as best she could through the hindlegs of the gazelle she was dragging back, her blue eyes shut as her ears twitched back.

When she opened her eyes, one of her hunting buddies was looking at her with concern. "Are you alright, Açaí?" the dark tan and cream lioness asked.

The white lioness named Açaí nodded slightly. "Yea. I'm fine, Zera," she replied as best she could. "Nerves on the war is all." She wasn't fighting in it, yet she felt like she should be helping in a way other than feeding the warriors of her Pride.

Zera nodded as her tailtip flicked slightly before making her way back to the camp. Açaí followed, biting deeper into the prey animal's leg.

~xXx~

Erishi lay underneath small, squirming, and giggle bodies of black and brown. Her muffled protests were met by more giggle and squirming as the bodies moved slightly to reveal one yellow eye at one end of the mound. She moved her paws slightly and in a quick movement; slipped out from underneath the cubs of her Pride. She turned around slightly before sitting down on her haunches as she watched the cubs bound up to her, begging in their young, high-pitched voices to tell her a story.

She smirked slightly and leaned over to start her tale when she heard her name rebound across the trees of the forest. Her black ears pricked and her black and white-tipped tail swayed across the ground before she stood up.

"I have to go, little ones. I'll be back later. Don't stress out your mothers too much, alright?" she asked to the disappointed little cubs. They muttered their agreements as they padded off slowly to the bellies of their mothers for a well earned nap. Erishi chuckled slightly as she raised her head to go find whoever called her.

Though she did have a slight inkling on who it was.

Silvan.

Her future mate.

The tips of her rounded ears burned slightly as she thought of him. He was a handsom lion. And she did, sort of, have a crush on him when she was younger. Flicking her ears to rid herself of the burning sensation, she increased her gait as she hurried to meet him.

Nouveau

12:55am May 22 2011

Normal User

Marim smelled Acai's sweet scent a moment before he spotted her.  Her wide blue eyes seemed slightly troubled, though it could have been from the exertion she was spending from dragging a body of a gazelle behind her.
"Acai!" he called out, bounding over to her.
Even for a lion who didn't want a mate, Marim couldn't help but be awed by his luck.  Acai was slim and almost delicate-looking, and her white fur was a crystalline uniqueness around the dust-colored tones of the Fire Pride.  His gait slowed as he approached her, and then a slight purr rumbled up in his throat.
"Acai," he repeated, but much more softly this time.  He looked her over, and then sat gently in front of her.  "Are you okay?  You look...upset."
Marim had to stop himself from leaning over and giving her a reassuring lick on the cheek.  Though it was not new news that they would be mates soon, it was still considered ill manners to display affection for one another before they were actually a pair.  He settled for resting his eyes on her, the nerves of the upcoming battle forgotten for a moment in her clear blue eyes.
---
Silvan felt his heart skip a beat as he saw Erishi emerge from the crowd.  Again, he felt the urge to drop the flower and stamp it into the moist dirt, and hide its remnants from the midnight-and-white lioness.  But it was too late now, and a contented rumble was making its way up his throat at the sight of her.
"I..." He stumbled to greet her, his carefully thought over words sticking in his throat like honey now that she was here, in front of him.  "I-I wanted to bring you this flower, Erishi...  In h-hopes that you will return safely to...us."  His ears flamed in embarassment as he tacked on quickly, "To me."
He glanced down at his dark gray paws, unsure how Erishi would take the gesture.  He certainly didn't want to upset her, but he had also meant what he said.  Silvan felt his eyes being drawn upward to look at her, drink every aspect of her--because if things went for the worse, Silvan was sure there would be no other.

Ooc// Faaaail, sorry.  xD  Love-fluff~ 

Nouveau

11:55am May 22 2011

Normal User

Ooc//Bump~

Nouveau

2:16pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Bump~

Dragonstar

2:40pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Acai nearly jumped when she heard her name. Her ears flicked with uneasiness before she saw Marim bound over to her. Setting the legs of the gazelle down, she sat on her haunches as he came closer. The white huntress was momentarily speechless and forgot the golden heir's question. She wracked her brain for what it was and answered; "I'm fine, but nervous about this war."

Her rounded white ears flattened against her skull as her blue eyes widened as a thought came to her. Acai's white tail quivered slightly. "What if you don't come back?" she asked suddenly as her voice quivered.

[[ -fails at Acai- ]]

~xXx~

Erishi stopped as she neared the slate-gray healer. Her ears twitched slightly in amusement as she watched the healer attempt to get his words out. Sitting down, she listened to him as she wrapped her tail around her forepaws. A flower? How thoughtful. She didn't even tell Silvan she liked flowers, and it was a surprise to her.

"A flower?" she said after a while. "A flower would me much appriciated to remind me of you, Silvan." Her voice ended in a purr as her fierce eyes softened a bit. "Can I see it?" she asked as she tilted her head to one side.

Nouveau

2:52pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Marim came closer to Acai, wanting intensely to ease her worry.  Not worrying about protocol or propriety, he leaned comfortingly against her pale fur and lifted his muzzle to her ear.
"There's nothing to worry about, love.  I wouldn't leave you or the Pride for anything."  He paused for a moment, and then quickly licked her ear in affection.  Though he stifled the thought, a whisper of a voice echoed in his head, Just in case.
He stood then, drinking in Acai one more time, and then turned back into the havoc of the camp.  The Pride Leader was dishing out instructions, and the warriors were assembling.  Marim walked up to the aging lion and gave a slight, respectful nod that his status as Heir required.  The Pride Leader turned to him.
"Marim.  We are ready to leave.  Please make sure that the Healer is ready for our return, and have her give you some healing herbs in case there are any bad injuries."
Marim nodding and turned away, trying to catch a glance of his future mate through the throng of sand-colored pelts.  He did his chores, as told, and returned with a few leaf-wrapped packets.  He distributed them among some of the warriors, and then returned to the Pride Leader.  The lion smiled as the Heir approached him again.
"Good.  We must go now."
---
Silvan felt his ears crash against his skull in self-consciousness and pleasure.  So he had chosen correctly, after all.  He lifted his front right paw, which had been shielding the ruby red lilly, and then he picked it up gingerly in his jaws.
"Here," he said softly, placing it at her ivory feet.
He could feel those sharp yellow eyes on him, and the couldn't help but look her over slowly as he rose.  What a lucky lion he was, to have such a beautiful lioness for a future mate.  He knew that he should have been worried about the upcoming battle, and the fear was just barely there, but he couldn't help but wonder at the impossibility of her death.
"It is time to depart!"
Silvan jumped as the order was called out.  He looked to Erishi again, and 'I love you,' hovered on the tip of his tongue.  But he couldn't do anything more than look at her one more time, murmur "Good luck," softly, and then slip away into the crowd. 

Dragonstar

3:26pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Acai felt more calmer at that and let out a broken purr for she still felt a little nervous about the whole thing. When the Pride leader called Marim away, she sat were she was for a moment or two before standing up on her paws, grabbing the gazelle's hindlegs in her jaws again before moving off towards the elderly, battle scared lions.

Bending her head she let the legs fall as she spoke; "Honoured elders, please enjoy this meal." 

The elders thanked her and started to tear into the gazelle as Acai padded off to join a small group of hunters so she wouldn't get in the way of the warriors. She eased herself into a laying position next to the brown and cream Zera. Her white tail curled over her hindlegs as they stretched out behind her.

~xXx~

Erishi picked up the flower by the stem, making sure she did not ruin the ruby red petals that enthralled her so. She turned to Silvan, to say her thanks when the Pride leader announced that it was time to get moving. The healer jumped and murmured a "Good luck" before slipping off.

Her black ears flicked back with slight remose about not behing able to say anything back before she stood up and padded to the other warriors. Along the way, a friendly bird fluttered down and wound the stem of the ruby red lilac into the long fur of her neck. The little bird gave a cheery chirp before fluttering off again. 

Erishi chuckled and increased her pace into a bound as the muscles on her shoulders absorbed the impacts.

Nouveau

3:39pm May 22 2011

Normal User

The walk to the battlegrounds was a silent one.
Marim walked stride the Pride Leader and Lead Warrior, at the head of the mass of lions coming into battle.  He morbidly wondered how many of them would ever return to their home.  To their mates, to their families, to their duties--to their life.  He wondered if anyone would lose a leg, or a tail, or an eye.  War was a bloody, ugly thing--but it was the only way to protect themselves again the Shadow Pride.
He sighed to himself just as they crested a small hill overlooking a vast grassland.  His eyes scanned it for his enemies.  They had reached the battlefield.
---
Silvan only looked over his shoulder once he was properly immersed in the crowd.  He caught sight of the bird winding his flower--his flower--into Erishi's fur.  The sight made him inexplicably happy, and he was joyful as he entered his den.
The packets he had left for the warriors to pick up were gone now, probably distributed among the warriors.  He checked his supplies again, making sure that everything was ready for when the warriors arrived at home--perhaps this time, victorious.  The thought consumed his mind for a moment, before switching back to its nearly constant focus: a certain black and white lioness with the most beautiful, piercing eyes.
Sighing, he settled down to wait. 

Dragonstar

4:11pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Erishi walked with the Pride leader to the battle grounds with a long colume of lions behind them. Her head was down slightly and her fierce yellow eyes narrowed into glowing slits as she muttered fiercely under her breath, defending the ruby red flower Silvan had gave to her. Her tail also flicked irritably as she moved off to one side to glance down the line of warrior lions.

How many would she never see again after this fight? Silvan's sister was somewhere in that ma.ss of lions. Erishi couldn't think about anything else. Her future mate would be devastated by the loss of his older sister. And it made her more determined to do whatever nessecary to cut that down and bring more lions home.

Her long, black claws slid out of her white paws for a second before she bounded back up to her place besides the Pride leader. This time she held her head a little higher and lashed her tail out once as her claws slide back out.

She was ready.

Nouveau

7:49pm May 22 2011

Normal User

Ooc// Shall we leave the at-home lions out of the battle scenes?  :3  I'm pretty sure they'll just be waiting and worrying~  Post in a moment.  <3

Go to page: 1, 2, 3