Words We Can and Can't Say

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
zebez

6:44pm Jan 31 2011

Normal User

So recently, I have noticed an increase in swears. I know some words are ok to use and some aren't, so I was wondering if there was a list of words that we could use.

O`_o
Lilith

7:00pm Jan 31 2011

a.ss, damn, and hell are really the only swears allowed. We've also recently asked that when cursing, god be left out of it, because it really isn't necessary as part of a curse and is offensive to some. There will be no warnings or bans over that one, unless it turns into a troll type situation, but it will be strongly discouraged.

I've noticed a surge in the use of swears, "a.ss" especially, and it is starting to get a bit ridiculous in there. I feel like it needs to be toned down, but I'd like to get input from other users as well to see how you guys feel about this.

If anyone is seeing things that concern you and you think are inappropriate, please do let us know. It doesn't have to be in a ticket; if you'd rather report to a member of staff that you feel comfortable with that is absolutely fine, and you will remain anonymous. =)

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Yaizhbeen

7:15pm Jan 31 2011

Normal User

If "a.ss" is allowed, why it has to be censored at all? Not that I want to swear with that word, but I would like to write words like cl*censored* without getting them censored out.

Lilith

7:23pm Jan 31 2011

It is allowed in the shoutbox, but not on the forums. Shoutbox is 13+, but forums are all ages. [Using it in a discussion like this is perfectly fine, though, I see no wrong in that.]

It is ridiculous that EVERY word with that letter combination is censored, though. It may be removed when the version update comes along...lets hope so!

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Graveyardfox

10:09pm Jan 31 2011

Normal User

A.sses are donkeys and there are such birds called jacka.ss penguins. Which happened to be what my sig was about a while back. >.>;
Also, isn't "piss/pissed" allowed, too? It's not censored and I use it all the time (mostly for Roleplaying though) and it's never roused a problem.
Never knew about the god prefix though. ._. Although again I've only used it in Roleplaying. ^^; 

I remember when I was moderating a chatroom banned words had to have spaces before and after them so it wouldn't affect words with the banned word in it. For example, the coding probabably replaces "a.ss" with "*censored*" even in words such as "pa.ss". If you didn't want that to happen you'd have to put spaces in front and behind a.ss like this: " a.ss ".
I just realized staff at least probably already knew that... o3o 

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
emeraldwing

10:13pm Jan 31 2011

Normal User

Ya, the thing with as.s has been pretty annoying. I personaly dont see anything wrong with that word though. Like if you are role playing and your charry is telling another that they are an as.s, I believe thats fine. It becomes wrong when you are calling the actual player an as.s. That's just my oppinion though. Sorry, I couldnt resist the temtation to post here. DX

\r\n
zebez

3:25pm Feb 21 2011 (last edited on 3:33pm Feb 21 2011)

Normal User

I don't have any problem with swearing (and I'm generally against censorship) but it was just a little shocking to see everyone swearing all of a sudden and being like, is this allowed or not? 

But yes, I hope the censorship in between words gets fixed 

O`_o
Go to page: 1