You sneak into the creatu's cave and.....

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Dragon393

10:10am Nov 11 2011

Normal User

Just a wandering thought.
What if (not talking about an existing creatu species but one that could or will come out) in order to get an egg you had to go into the cave or den of the creatu, the mother is sitting there guarding her eggs. You get a number of chances to go steal an egg, and there is a set success rate.

Its just a thought for a creatu thats on the rarer side, but just something a little different.

Go ahead and post anything further you have to this thought and perhaps a suggestion on the number of chances and the success rate.

:3

~
Twintkitty

9:47pm Nov 11 2011

Normal User

For some reason the first thing that came to mind was Dragcave. xD;

Dragon393

10:25pm Nov 11 2011

Normal User

Lol XD
..in fact when I think about it, the closest thing that comes to mind is the snow wager from neopets XD
...never got anything from him, he just beat the crap out of my pets :D

~
YoursTruly

7:02am Nov 12 2011

Normal User

I don't like it much. This kind of idea is a bit used, and by competing pet sites no less. I prefer res the way it is now. :I No support.

Well now. I should... Probably put something intelligent here. At some point. Eventually.
... Screw it. HYE. ♥
Twintkitty

7:19am Nov 12 2011

Normal User

But it may raise the rarity an value of pets. Almost everyone's familiar with the dragcave plot thing - A mother dragon sits by her eggs protectively. They're rare. Etc etc.

FluzzMe

2:42pm Nov 16 2011

Normal User

I have an idea! What if you had to use a creatu and it had a chance to die or something... And you could maby befrend it or something? And it wouldn't just be for an egg! Maby have it able to give you like new items? Just an idea! And I came up with some items it could give you:
Half dragon's heart
Golden (sheild, sword, scale, etc)
Dragon Kibbles (food)
Dead fish
Jar of fire
Jar of ice
And maby some old items... Sorry if you guys think it is kinda silly (stupid). I support it with a few changes like not having it be a dragon, or maby it living in the forrest, things like that!

Dragon393

6:22pm Nov 16 2011

Normal User

Sorry, I kinda don't like the idea of your pets maybe dying :P
If I want my pets mauled by something guarding semi valuable items then I'll just go to neopet's snowager (no offense though)

Any way, dragon cave has all the eggs guarded by a mother dragon, but it seems to act more as a back story rather then affecting the actual rarity of the dragons themselves (could be wrong in some cases about the rarity thing, but they are all guarded and are common and rare alike)
It would be one particular creatu and perhaps its back story could be highly protective or highly aggressive

~
FluzzMe

6:01pm Nov 18 2011

Normal User

did you like the other parts?

Dragon393

10:14pm Nov 18 2011

Normal User

The item idea has potential :)

~
Dragon393

8:01am Nov 21 2011

Normal User

Bump :3

~
Ping

9:16am Nov 21 2011 (last edited on 9:17am Nov 21 2011)

Normal User

It's so mean to steal babies from their mother. I mean, all these years creatu were purely cruel and heartless parents that abandon their eggs in hopes that they will die in the wilderness. We are just kind people who take in these cold, lonely, unwanted babies. Now one actually wants to keep their babies and we're going steal them away from their mother? oAo

(lol. No wonder we don't have a breeding system.)

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

Dragon393

4:49pm Nov 21 2011

Normal User

M < This is the mom
                                       000000000000000000000 <These are her eggs

She has too many and can't possibly hatch and care for so many baby creatu :O

(backstory countered >:D)

~
SugarSnow

6:33pm Nov 21 2011

Normal User

The idea is nice I suppose, but I kind of agree with Ping. >:D There's also the morale issue. Plus, I think Ty has a point with the idea being used a lot by other sites.

However, putting all of that aside, it would be very cool to have something like that.

I'm not quite sure if I support of not. ^_^"

Kittykat

9:45pm Dec 16 2011

Normal User

Reminds me too much of Dragcave, no support, sorry

Makah

8:24am Dec 17 2011

Normal User

I don't think the fact that an idea reminds you of a different pet/adoptables site is a valid excuse for not supporting something.

Here's an idea to counter Ping's backstory moral thingie.
What if we're not stealing the eggs from a mother, but rather from a very mean and savage "human" NPC that steals these eggs from a creatu mother? And once you have recovered the egg (if you could, given it should be a very small chance), you go to visit this creatu mother NPC and she'll tell you that she can't care for that egg anymore (you know how sometimes wild animals refuse to raise even their own kids when they've been 'taken' by someone else and then brought back?), and that you can have it.
In the case you can't recover the egg from this meanie hoarder, since the chance should be small to keep the egg rare (something like the quelis egg once you're in its prize tier?), you can also take a special item, maybe some tu, or nothing at all. But there's also the chance you get caught by the Hoarder, and he/she'll steal some tu from you or maybe a random item from your inventory.

Makah

1:38pm Dec 19 2011

Normal User

Nudge nudge (:

Go to page: 1